Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 22, 2017 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, I really don't like that midget guy who is still trying to recapture Lyria.

Nice to see this show focuses a bit on its supporting cast like Rackam. I'm not surprised that the party decides to leave the island already. This is an adventure after all. Plus, that place looks chaotic as hell now. Pretty tense episode.
Stark700Apr 22, 2017 8:22 AM
Apr 22, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
So now the need to calm down the weather beast somehow.
Anyway they got a ship and someone who is willing to control it if the manage to calm down the weather that is tho.
Seems things are going pretty well for them.
Apr 22, 2017 10:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That tiny general kid needs to get shot repeatedly -_- My god he's such a little shit

Really liked the focus on Rackam in this episode though, I hope they're able to calm down the wind god because I doubt that they can actually get everyone off of the island alive with all this opposition against them

And I REALLY wanna know who those other two people are working for >.<
Apr 22, 2017 10:12 AM

Mar 2014
Honestly, compared to the manga, the anime was pretty underwhelming, Rackam is actually almost a completely different character, his backstory and the other character around him, all gone.
It's not bad per se but Rackam does suffer as a character.
Apr 22, 2017 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
That tiny general kid needs to get shot repeatedly -_- My god he's such a little shit

Really liked the focus on Rackam in this episode though, I hope they're able to calm down the wind god because I doubt that they can actually get everyone off of the island alive with all this opposition against them

Seconded, Little man general needs to be shot and thrown off the island into the abyss.

Loved the Grandcypher take off, was really cool and my favorite part was when it surfaced above the clouds. Glorious scene that one and the backgrounds above the clouds were awesome.
Here's to hoping our group can quell the Wind God, who has a pretty cool design I must say.
Apr 22, 2017 10:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That last shot with the airship in front and the tornado in the background was lit.
Apr 22, 2017 10:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a very predicible episode, although i neve imagined that the" boy" could controled the time... the air-ship take off on earth and takes way to Tiamat!!!
The airship are beautiful, and pretty xD
Apr 22, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
The midget general is really annoying. He needs to get shot already. Loved it when Grandcypher took off. I liked the focus on Rackham. He worked hard on his airship. Here's hoping Lyria can calm down the wind goddess.
Apr 22, 2017 11:59 AM
Mar 2016
Man, Rackhan is aweesom
Apr 22, 2017 1:09 PM

May 2012
It's nice to see things coming together for this group even though the circumstances could've been better. Rackam's a pretty cool character so far too. In fact, everyone in the group so far is pretty likable, imo.

The general is a pretty annoying character. Hope he gets off'd somehow, preferably by Tiamat for provoking her into destroying the island.

Apr 22, 2017 3:06 PM

Sep 2013
The pacing sure is taking it's time, rackham finally takes the grandcypher off to save the island from the wind goddess going berserk.
Apr 22, 2017 3:23 PM

Dec 2013
Tokoya said:

Oh yeah. It bugs me too.
Apr 22, 2017 4:45 PM

Dec 2016
Very nice, Rackam got to finally live his dream and fly Grandcypher.

Now comes the hard part of trying to calm down a rampaging monster.

And then they have to deal the little general and his army.
Apr 22, 2017 4:54 PM

May 2015
Glad to see Rackam's Grandcypher working again~

Apr 22, 2017 7:40 PM

Oct 2011
exciting episode yay
Apr 23, 2017 12:40 AM

Mar 2012
Uhm.. Katalina-san? What happened to your fingers?

I hate that little four-eyes freak, but I'm kinda with him for pushing Tiamat to punish the residents for forgetting him/her. If that is true that is.
dzn018Apr 23, 2017 12:48 AM
Apr 23, 2017 1:33 AM

Feb 2015
The score of Granblue is a bit harsh. It's one of the 'does what is says on the tin' anime. It's adventure fantasy with maybe a bit of romance. I'm not expecting anything more. It delivers exactly what I expect and is very enjoyble. I'd still take this over Tales of Zesteria any day. Another good episode.
Apr 23, 2017 1:51 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The world continues to utterly fascinate me. But man, the story and characters are weak. The fact a guy like Rackam joins them "just because" feels really weak. Also Rackam's character design as a teen was a hundred times better than Gran's. I wish Gran had similar look to that.

I really hope they kick that midget's ass.
Apr 23, 2017 2:42 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like the next episode would be full of action.

Some Priests around, for a second I thought I saw Djeeta there XD

Please, Cygames
Apr 23, 2017 2:46 AM

Oct 2008
Airship Grandcypher has good design tbh...
3/5.

Apr 23, 2017 3:02 AM
Oct 2012
I love the OP and End songs. They are my favorite this season.

Predictable episode but it was ok. Like others here I'm not expecting much but still enjoying it for the RPG vibes.
Apr 23, 2017 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
Crashmatt said:
I'd still take this over Tales of Zesteria any day.

Plz, Tales of Zestiria is just shit. Ufotable literally ruined everything. Good thing that A-1 is doing Granblue, so it actually has good adaptation.
Apr 23, 2017 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
I enjoyed watching this episode, interesting the narrative dynamics , even if discounted, the action and most characterizing of Rackam, I did not get bored. The drawings are not great, but not bad either. I love the color design and the costume design of this series, as I also love the prop design.
terrablu2003Apr 23, 2017 5:42 AM
Apr 23, 2017 6:08 AM

Jun 2010
That fact that so people absolutly despise Furias shows they did a good job creating a detestable villain. Good writing.
Apr 23, 2017 12:04 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Rackam actually lives more or less right next to the ship that he's trying to fix eh. Good news for Gran and Lyria and Katalina. Man that midget general sure is annoying. Hmm so this midget intends to destroy this whole island just to smoke out Lyria and Katalina out. Talk about being excessive.
Man this island is just full of tunnels lol
Still seeing the arrogant general being knocked out of his chair by Rackams shots was worth it though lol.

Thats twice that he's saved them lol
Ships are usually referred to as a she so thats why Rackam calls the ship her.
Hmm so Rackam saw the ship flying when he was little eh.
That would explain his fascination with it and why he wants to fix it so much
Even when faced with failure the determination that he had never lets up eh
Thats some determination he has.

Hmm well the fact that the ship has something akin to a spirit that guides it is not beyond belief. Its the ship that chooses the pilot or not the other way eh.
Well at least for the time being they have Rackam helping them
Lol that general throwing a tantrum
Hmm what kind of weapon can have the firepower to destroy an entire island though i wonder. Lol that pair of mismatched agents of the empire are back again. Lol the guys comment about Vyrn though. Thats one of us that missed us lol. Hmm i dunno the fact that they are trying to get Lyria and the others a means to get off the island means that they don't want Lyria and the others to die when the island is destroyed. They also seem to know that the time is running out which meant that they know about the generals plan.
Hmm a mage and dual swordsman eh

An interesting pairing really
These two are pretty powerful though but at the same time Gran and Rackam are not to be underestimated as well.
Lol the mage sure i powerful despite being silly
Hmm so it seems that the empires weapon is one that creates destructive weather effects. Hmm these two look like they belong to one of the factions in the military thats not part of the generals one. Hmm the effect of such weather on the city will be devastating not to mention its effect on the people. Its horrible watching the people being forced back to the temple though.

Hmm even cyclones are being formed eh man that generals going all out
With this weapon the only other choice is to evacuate the people though. Else they will perish when the island is destroyed.
Damm that midget he really intends to destroy the island and its people in one swoop. The challenge though is getting Lyria close enough to disable it with her powers. The only other airship left is the one that Rackam is trying to repair though. Hmm so the only thing lacking was belief and faith in the ship eh
Now comes the hard part which is stopping the weapon
Quite an enjoyable episode though and the story is getting interesting

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2017 12:07 PM

Aug 2008
I'm really surprised, despite really bad graphics quality, this series is not utter garbage like most game adaptations. Writing is better than in the game but then again, it's hard to sink lower than cygames writers. Could be a pretty decent show if it didn't look so bad.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 23, 2017 3:04 PM

Apr 2009
Kind of silly how easily they got away from the imperial soldiers in the beginning. And why wouldn't the Empire have shot up Rackam's airship that was sitting right there?

Oh well. Minor details! Fun episode overall, I'm interested to see what happens with the wind goddess.
Apr 23, 2017 3:37 PM

Dec 2013
Teufel said:
And why wouldn't the Empire have shot up Rackam's airship that was sitting right there?

Needless effort.
Apr 23, 2017 7:05 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaaaayyyyyy the ship worked. though I was expecting a bit more noise, sounded like my family's tracker when it's trying but can't turn on. Now to stop the giant dragon in the sky and save the island. Than the world. Though I must say I was expecting Rackam's ship to be blown to bits, but whatever.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 23, 2017 8:43 PM

Apr 2009
Kamiyan3991 said:
Teufel said:
And why wouldn't the Empire have shot up Rackam's airship that was sitting right there?

Needless effort.

Eh, I suppose the general did say it was junk but he knows they wanted to get on that airship, they disappeared in the vicinity of it, he spilled the beans of his plans so trying to get off the island would be a priority. Seemed awfully convenient the Empire left it alone, but it's a minor issue.
Apr 23, 2017 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
Woah!!! What a great episode!!
Apr 24, 2017 12:58 AM

Mar 2016
It really feels like a video game the way the story is moving forward but the pacing seems a little slow from those first two episodes that premiered in January. It looks like we will be seeing more of the action involving dragons and Lyria's powers in the next episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Apr 24, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2016
Catalina is so damn cool. My fav character in this anime. This little general is so annoying
Apr 24, 2017 2:51 PM

Sep 2014
I always mute when Furias talks, just that annoying he is lol.
Oh boy, Tiamat hype!
Really like Grandcypher's design and it was nice seeing her finally take off!
Apr 25, 2017 10:13 PM
Nov 2015
A very solid episode, i have seen many game adaptation and this one not bad at all.

this anime deserve a bit more rating .
Apr 26, 2017 2:37 PM

Nov 2009
"Grandcypher" is fueled by sentimentalism, that's why it didn't work before. Makes sense.
Apr 29, 2017 5:15 AM

May 2010
I really like Reckam. This show is really relaxing, It copies dat fantasy atmosphere of an RPG game just right. Also somehow I have Golden Sun feels whenever that blue/red-haired duo appears.

Why the hell do those armored men listen to that annoying chibi. Just stab him from behind. You are gonna die anyway with him around, he obviously doesn't care about his subordinates.

That chibi is annoying as hell. (twice)

Wth that ship, is it alive or wut. What. Does it have some part which is alive. What. I am like wut. right now.
Also as annoying as chibi is, he's also stupid for not destroying dat alive ship. I'm terrified.

Nice episode. Really like the animation and artstyle as always. The OP and ED are really artistic too.

Apr 29, 2017 7:06 AM

Dec 2016
Grandcypher... Granblue...

It all makes sense now.
Apr 29, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
looking forward to see the battle against Tiamat.
Apr 30, 2017 1:41 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah the midget deserves a bullet between the eyes.
Apr 30, 2017 2:49 AM
Oct 2007
Antanaru said:
I'm really surprised, despite really bad graphics quality, this series is not utter garbage like most game adaptations. Writing is better than in the game but then again, it's hard to sink lower than cygames writers. Could be a pretty decent show if it didn't look so bad.

Bad graphic quality? I'm not sure if you are misunderstanding anything but this is the art style that the director decided to use for the show. In no way this is bad graphic quality. Quite sure it's pretty costly to use this art direction too. It's quite similar to Hai to Gensou no Grimgar which has a high production value too.

Another nice episode, I take this over Tales of Zesteria any day as well!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2017 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
Rackham=Cid=kya
May 27, 2017 1:09 AM

Sep 2015
This was a pretty sweet episode and yay im happy for Rackham-senpai! But wow I wonder how much of his youth he sacrificed for that ship.
Jun 7, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
Rackam should've headshot that little shit. It would've save them all the trouble.
Jul 2, 2017 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
someone please kill that little shit who talk much.

up until now I feel like the event they encountered are all forced.
Jul 26, 2017 3:12 AM

Dec 2016
I didnt think a show this short would spend this much time on one story arc but hey it's a fun watch and is pretty interesting!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 2, 2018 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
I feel like this anime is a bit flat. I'll keep watching, but it's not the most entertaining and the development kinda sucks.

With that aside, I hate the general! I hope they calm down the wind goddess, I'm sure they will.
On to the next ep.
Mar 30, 2019 10:57 PM

Aug 2007
I remember not caring much for this segment of the story in the game. I was more interested in getting my characters together for all the elements. But it sets the stage for the first set of important raids.

Aug 24, 2019 2:43 AM

Mar 2018
Hmmm I like it but I do feel the gaps that come from making an anime of a game..
Hopefully this brat gets killed sometime soon lmao- but I guess not *sigh*

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 15, 2019 8:01 AM

Sep 2018
The narrative arc started in the previous episode, continues to give a little bit of action, and some clues to think about as a new gentleman comes out to be defeated, yay! The quality of the drawings falls ugly, that of the backgrounds remains excellent, anyway!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

42 by ArtemisMeiko »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

103 by LeoTWW »»
Jan 6, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pipe - Jun 24, 2017

195 by Nihilna »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

88 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

35 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.