Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Apr 22, 2017 1:15 AM
This is a custom layout for modern template lists. If you don't know how to install the codes, use the Beginner's Tutorial: click here.

If there are problems: install the latest version, or check the Repair Sticky for patches and updates (found here).

All premade modern layouts can be found in the gallery by clicking here.

NieR: Automata Menu Layout
By Killingdyl
Layout does not support custom background image.
Layout supports custom banner image set through the modern style editor.
Layout works best on screens at least 1500px wide.
Layout supports roughly 7 columns.
Layout does not look good with cover images.

Code:
@import "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6rs6scid2acpkrq/NieRAutomata.css";

Alternatively you may copy the source code and do minor modifications.

Change 'Your' to your name modification

Feel free to post here if any issues arises. I will be do minor fixes and improvement to smaller display sizes, but no more major changes will be made.
Modified by Shishio-kun, Mar 17, 10:03 PM

Jul 16, 2017 7:53 AM
Any way to make the anime list column infinite and not a square?

btw sorry for my bad english

Jul 17, 2017 1:07 AM

Shinobu-Oshino said:
Any way to make the anime list column infinite and not a square?

btw sorry for my bad english

If you put the layout on your list I can look into it.

Sep 19, 2018 11:53 PM

@Shishio-kun Looks like this theme could use updating with the new import format.
@\import "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6rs6scid2acpkrq/NieRAutomata.css";

Also, very nice theme killingdyl! I hadn't stumbled upon this before but I really love the style.

Sep 20, 2018 2:18 AM

Wow thanks, I wasn't even aware of this theme missing from our list!

@killingdyl I'll add it to the list of other modern themes, it's great.

Sep 23, 2018 8:56 AM
@Shishio-kun Sweet. Also thanks for updating to the new import format I didn't know there was a change.

Dec 26, 2018 12:16 AM

Nice layout killingdyl!

But i am having some problem with the name part. Evereytime i try to type my name it is repeating twice somehow. How should i fix this part?

Dec 26, 2018 12:44 AM

-saffy- said:
Nice layout killingdyl!

But i am having some problem with the name part. Evereytime i try to type my name it is repeating twice somehow. How should i fix this part?
Looks like you've changed the text under the ".header .username:after" selector. Leaving it as it is in the default theme should fix the problem, I believe. Here's how it should look:
.anime .header .username::after {
	content: ' - Anime List';
	text-shadow: initial;
	font-size: 18pt;
	font-weight: bold;
}

.manga .header .username::after {
	content: ' - Manga List';
	text-shadow: initial;
	font-size: 18pt;
	font-weight: bold;
}

If you want to change the text from "YOUR" to "Saffy" (when viewing your list as yourself) then that would require a little modification of the theme.

(Killingdyl, if you don't want me responding in this thread @ me so I know and I'll let you handle it in the future ^^)
Modified by Valerio_Lyndon, Dec 26, 2018 12:53 AM

Dec 30, 2018 1:47 AM
@-saffy- As Valerio said, the "YOUR" only shows up when you are looking at it, I will add a snippet of code that you can replace that section so that you can change how the name is displayed when you are looking at it.

Dec 30, 2018 11:08 PM

@Valerio_Lyndon & @killingdyl thank you for the help. I was able to change it :)

Mar 13, 4:46 AM

Hi. How can I put an image on the right side of the list?

@Shishio-kun

Mar 13, 6:14 PM

@Reddoheddo Enable the cover image on the theme and upload the image you want. :)

Mar 13, 9:09 PM

@Valerio_Lyndon Thank you!!

Mar 27, 1:55 PM
hey, short question:
Is there anyway I can turn off the anime Covers?

Mar 27, 2:02 PM
@CrowMaster05 That will be in your list settings. Under Modern Only, you can turn off Image

Apr 7, 12:49 PM
Hey is there a way to add a "List" button, the one MAL uses where you can go to "anime list", "manga list", "quick add" and "list settings"?
I'm a big fan of this layout but I really miss a button to somehow go to MAL homepage or to quick add a new anime I'm watching.

EDIT: or let me know which lines of the code you used to hide the default one so I can add in a custom one.
Modified by nlmod, Apr 7, 1:40 PM

Apr 8, 9:07 PM

nlmod said:
Hey is there a way to add a "List" button, the one MAL uses where you can go to "anime list", "manga list", "quick add" and "list settings"?
I'm a big fan of this layout but I really miss a button to somehow go to MAL homepage or to quick add a new anime I'm watching.

EDIT: or let me know which lines of the code you used to hide the default one so I can add in a custom one.
You can find the code that removes it by searching for ".list-menu-float" or "LIST MENU". Just remove lines 66-68 and it will display again.

If you want a quick fix to make it look somewhat less out of place, you could use this code I whipped up just now, it puts the buttons up top right.

Apr 9, 3:57 AM
Valerio_Lyndon said:
nlmod said:

You can find the code that removes it by searching for ".list-menu-float" or "LIST MENU". Just remove lines 66-68 and it will display again.

If you want a quick fix to make it look somewhat less out of place, you could use this code I whipped up just now, it puts the buttons up top right.

Thanks a lot, this was exactly what I had in mind.

Apr 28, 3:14 AM
Is there a way to change the dimensions of the picture on the right? Like make it a lil taller?

Apr 28, 4:29 PM

Fahad_826 said:
Is there a way to change the dimensions of the picture on the right? Like make it a lil taller?

You could add this CSS to the bottom of your code, and more will show up.

.cover-block .image-container img {
background-size: contain;
height: 1000px;
}

And you could make it even wider and taller with codes like this, just keep increasing the width and height numbers to more than a 1000px. Would be good for 4k screens, maybe

.cover-block {

width: 1000px;
height: 1000px;

}

May 1, 8:49 AM
Help! I cant remove an entry from my plan to watch list.In the default version you could click on "more" And more details would show up but there is no option there.Did the op forgot to add that to the code? Also theres no button to go back to the main page like how you normally have ;-; Sorry if im complaining too much lol.

May 1, 7:26 PM

Fahad_826 said:
Help! I cant remove an entry from my plan to watch list.In the default version you could click on "more" And more details would show up but there is no option there.Did the op forgot to add that to the code? Also theres no button to go back to the main page like how you normally have ;-; Sorry if im complaining too much lol.
It wasn't overlooked, was an intentional decision. But to change it, you could add this code to the bottom of your custom CSS. This will add back in the add/edit/more buttons and a home button in the bottom right corner.
Modified by Valerio_Lyndon, May 1, 7:30 PM

May 2, 1:16 AM
Valerio_Lyndon said:
Fahad_826 said:
It wasn't overlooked, was an intentional decision. But to change it, you could add this code to the bottom of your custom CSS. This will add back in the add/edit/more buttons and a home button in the bottom right corner.
Thanks a lot .

May 19, 3:29 AM
Which part of the CSS do I have to modify to use it with images? If I just enable them in the settings, the lines look a bit off.
Modified by LordAxerion, May 19, 3:36 AM

May 19, 2:18 PM

@LordAxerion To save you some time, here's a couple of premade fixes you can use to make images look less out of place.

For help with modifying themes yourself, you can check out Shishio's video(s) on the topic. Inspect Element would be a good place to start: [Video]. It's quite easy to get started if you have a little time to spare. :)

May 19, 3:55 PM
Valerio_Lyndon said:
@LordAxerion To save you some time, here's a couple of premade fixes you can use to make images look less out of place.

For help with modifying themes yourself, you can check out Shishio's video(s) on the topic. Inspect Element would be a good place to start: [Video]. It's quite easy to get started if you have a little time to spare. :)

Thanks a lot!

Jun 7, 11:41 AM
Just chiming in, but this is the prettiest design I've seen so far. *3*

Jun 8, 9:03 PM
How to hide the list anime photo?

Jun 8, 11:09 PM

NineTY4 said:
Go here: https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences Then turn off the "image" checkbox and save the preferences.

Jun 9, 7:16 AM
Valerio_Lyndon said:
NineTY4 said:
Go here: https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences Then turn off the "image" checkbox and save the preferences.
Thanks