Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 21, 9:42 AM
So I've been reading some threads about how the Yu-Gi-Oh! series I watched as a kid had a fuck ton of edits, censors, and some parts that are just blatantly left out for the sake of it being on a kids television broadcast. I believe I watched most of the episodes, even up to the point where Malik was introduced as an antagonist, however, I've forgotten most of this.

Is the original Yu-Gi-Oh! better and worth re-watching? I keep seeing posts about how the characters are way more violent, people get shot at by gunmen and brutes, and Yami Yugi is an insane psychopath who kills his opponents. This seems interesting but I don't know how accurate these claims are.

Apr 21, 9:48 AM

Are you thinking of "Season 0"? The 27 episodes series made by another studio, before Duel Monsters.
I haven't seen it but i heard similar things (and also that it's more accurate to the manga). Maybe not so extreme but i bet it's darker than the 224 episode one.
YGOTAS is still teh best though.

Apr 21, 9:50 AM

The Yugioh series you're referring to in the first paragraph is Duel Monsters. 4Kids handled the English dubbed version of the series and did heavy edits which includes removing of the guns to make it more "kid friendly"

The second paragraph refers to the Yugioh series before the Duel Monsters ever occurred. It is indeed darker but I wouldn't say way more violent. It has what you're describing in a lesser degree and the story focuses on Yami playing a game (any type) against criminals and whoever is the victor keeps their soul/lives intact. Other than facing Kaiba, I don't recall any card games being played other than a normal deck of cards game against one other opponent. It's a high stakes, bet on your life type anime. If you can stand the old animation, go for it. Yami/Atem is more badass in that series
Modified by MechKingKillbot, Apr 21, 9:54 AM

Apr 21, 10:06 AM

I dunno, I just read the manga wot wot

Apr 21, 10:12 AM

How to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! original series:
1) Buy a fuck ton of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards
2) Buy Get a friend
3) Divide the cards up between the two of you
3.5) Give your friend the worst cards.
4) You have successfully watched Yu-Gi-Oh! the original anime series.

Apr 21, 10:17 AM

Way better than the rest of Yugioh Saga..

Having Atem and Yugi as the Main Character Takes back..

and also who wielded The Three Egyptian Gods

Top 10's are for wankers anyways... Oh plss no need to be autistic about having a HUMAN NATURE taste by that Special Snowflake EGO of yours Cause it's unrealistically "R E T A R D E D"

Apr 21, 11:38 AM
MechKingKillbot said:
The Yugioh series you're referring to in the first paragraph is Duel Monsters. 4Kids handled the English dubbed version of the series and did heavy edits which includes removing of the guns to make it more "kid friendly"

The second paragraph refers to the Yugioh series before the Duel Monsters ever occurred. It is indeed darker but I wouldn't say way more violent. It has what you're describing in a lesser degree and the story focuses on Yami playing a game (any type) against criminals and whoever is the victor keeps their soul/lives intact. Other than facing Kaiba, I don't recall any card games being played other than a normal deck of cards game against one other opponent. It's a high stakes, bet on your life type anime. If you can stand the old animation, go for it. Yami/Atem is more badass in that series

Yea I can stand the old animation but I don't want to start watching an anime that isn't worth watching. By just a "normal deck of cards game" do you mean that there aren't any of those hologram monsters and such?

Apr 21, 11:45 AM

imeli said:
MechKingKillbot said:

Yea I can stand the old animation but I don't want to start watching an anime that isn't worth watching. By just a "normal deck of cards game" do you mean that there aren't any of those hologram monsters and such?

I would say it's worth watching. It was decent enough for me.

Nah a deck of 52 playing cards (2-10 + J/Q/K/A type deal)

Apr 21, 12:18 PM

I remember liking what I saw of season 0; it might be worth a watch.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Apr 21, 1:41 PM
kamalashki said:
its 4kidz fault man

i mean listen to this edit of neon genesis evangelion

Wow that was really cringe-worthy..

Apr 21, 1:42 PM

how to watch yugioh is to read yugioh. original isthe best.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)