Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 2 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 26, 2017 5:57 PM

May 2015
The original series was already average, but somewhat entertaining. For a parent story, this one seems the same to me... Even the lackluster way it's been adapted has been kept the same. I guess changing the director didn't help... Not that it matters; the first series was a success regardless of how well it followed the source material.

Anyhow, compare to the first episode this was meh. Compare to its parent story this still feels the same: average.

And for those that can't stand the orange-haired elf, don't kid yourselves thinking that she will disappear (or become less prominent) later on the series, because I assure you she won't... She might be less annoying and more competent by the middle-end though.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 27, 2017 9:59 AM

Mar 2017
Lefiya is so annoying and boring. She doesn't suit as a MC at all. Who cares about her anyway?

I forgot how asshole Bete is in the beginning.

The only funny part was Ais in Hestia's outfit, nothing funny about Loki fondling Lefiya's breasts.

They wasted a lot of time on fanservice, forcing gags, pointless conversations, and giving useless backstory. Come on, get with the main story already.

Gonna keep watch this show for now in case things get more interesting.
Apr 28, 2017 6:46 AM
Jun 2015
866 gave a 10 xd . It's why never trust mal scores: someday we will see boku no pico in the 10 top :D
Apr 28, 2017 11:21 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Lefiya is a bad MC. The only reason she exists is because Aiz is too quiet of a character, and perhaps making her talk too much would take away the mysterious side of her character.

At least we got to see Bell and Hestia.

Seeing how extravagant the Loki Familia lives makes me appreciate the small beginnings that the Hestia Familia has.

Wolf guy is still a bitch.

Hoping this gets better soon.
Apr 29, 2017 2:40 AM
Apr 2017
I think that Lefiya is nice/good character. And even while whole time Ais is in shadows or behind the scene story is still about Ais. And I think it is not bad to make story about MC without showing MC that much even more if it is character as Ais (Yeah I fan of Ais here, lol) but to show how much everyone around her feels and thinks about her. That also builds character without involving him/her that much.

And I don't think that Lefiya is annoying.
Apr 29, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno, it just feels like a filler, needlessly fanservicy one. You know something is wrong when the most interesting things happening are the ones from the original series. The rest of it is just a fluff.

It gets to the point when they even make Aiz's rack look larger than it originally was in some scenes... Quick cash-grab I say, nothing more.

Also, what the fuck was that clown doing on Aiz's back? That was borderline stupid!
Mich666Apr 29, 2017 3:50 PM
May 1, 2017 10:23 PM

Jan 2013
In the end...she smiled!!! She finally did it xD
I'm loving this "other part of the coin" story.
Ais with Hestia's outfit :3
I enjoyed this episode but i think it had a little too much fanservice.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 3, 2017 6:36 PM

Mar 2010
It felt like there was no progress lol. Other than getting over some misunderstandings..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 4, 2017 5:59 AM

Feb 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Is this the first time there's been an action fantasy anime with a lesbian MC? That's kind of a strange combo

She isn't lesbian. Just the typical young japanese girl stereo type of fawning over her senpai.
May 5, 2017 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Probably the most interesting thing about this is that it runs parallel to the original.
- Bell running out of the bar.
- Clothes shopping and buying that outfit.

Unfortunately, that probably also means the action will be sparse.
Jun 4, 2017 6:19 AM

Jul 2009
So this is season 1 again, but with the focus on Aiz....
I love Lefiya's imagination LOL
Jun 20, 2017 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
Dat oppai fondle.
Dat shower scene,
It's Bell.
How nice to be reminded of Bete being an asshole.
Dat shop.
Get Aiz out of our one true goddess, Hestia's, outfit. She doesn't even have the oppai to slay that outfit.
Dat side oppai. It's our one true goddess, Hestia.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 25, 2017 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
What the fuck is this snorefest? It's emitting a sol vibe. Girls doing fun things tryna cheer up their friends and shit. What is this powerpuff girls? I wonder what goes into the producers mind when they were figuring out how to continue with danmachi... a sequel or a boring spinoff with boring characters and boring story? Fuckers.
Jul 5, 2017 10:51 AM

May 2012
Pretty okay episode, the pacing slowed down a bit, but in general still some nice character development.
Jul 6, 2019 11:06 PM

May 2015
Poor Lefiya, everyone bullying her here in the forums. She's kinda lame but she isn't any worse than Bell.
Jul 10, 2019 12:16 PM

Apr 2009
What the...I almost feel asleep there for a bit. The fanservice and Lefiya's constant daydreaming was meh.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 15, 2019 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
elf girl was hilarious with her daydreaming 😂
Aug 16, 2019 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
Okay, so non-canon filler season filled with more uninteresting characters, bad comedy, and fan-service ass/boob shots.
Right.
Nov 3, 2019 11:52 AM

Nov 2013
If trash isn't allowed to talk, then Bete should keep his mouth shut.

Lefiya fangirling over Aiz was funny and kind of cute. Nice shopping trip of the girls and Lefiya giving Aiz a little present was nice too.

She should work on her evasion.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 25, 2020 5:45 PM

Oct 2016
Loki is mad horny lmao, poor Lefiya.

It's nice to see Ais reactions to the things that are happening in the main series.

Sep 30, 2020 9:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. SoL at Loki Familia perspective. Surely Wallentein had a complex feeling about what happened when she met my boy, plus she had a trouble with her own stats. Elfiya? Its, once again proved her role to be just a typical girl with a lot of yuri bait troupe on it, to satisfied much with my desire. She pretty much fitted well with Loki. Why they were not become an official couple from that lewd scenes? XD Groping parts were the best part here. Looking forward to seen the next shit. Also, Bete sulking scene just hilarious, man. At least those prick deserved that for bullying my boy! XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 26, 2023 5:27 AM

Nov 2010
3:50 Lol at how Ais just pushes away Loki's affection for her.
Ais has a sexy back. I'd be horny as f*ck if I were Loki as well.
Ais in Hestia's outfit looks nice!
Jul 3, 2023 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
Following the characters in their down-time was amusing and the fan service was nice.
Aug 7, 2023 1:41 PM
Nov 2022
Que paja cuando meten estos personajes mosquita muerta, lefiya es detestable, su sola presencia me da diabetes, hecha a perder toda esta saga, me quedo con la otra 100%

Jan 30, 12:51 PM

Nov 2009
Opposite of Lefiya, I like Ais in those "revealing outfits" YESSSS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And Ais in Hestia outfit... LOL

And yes, I want to fondle Lefiya's ( _ Y _ ) as well
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 15, 8:56 AM
Jun 2023
The second episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria continues to deliver an engaging and immersive experience, as Ais Wallenstein and Loki Familia delve deeper into the challenges of the dungeon. With its compelling storyline and well-developed characters, this episode keeps viewers captivated and eager for more.

The animation quality remains impressive, capturing the fantastical world of Orario with stunning visuals and attention to detail. From the labyrinthine depths to the bustling city streets, each scene is brought to life with vibrant colors and smooth animation. The action sequences are dynamic and visually striking, showcasing the characters' skills and adding to the excitement of the episode.

Character development takes a step forward in this episode, allowing us to gain further insight into the members of Loki Familia. Ais Wallenstein's growth and determination are explored with depth and nuance, revealing more layers to her character. The interactions between the members of the familia continue to be well-written, further developing their relationships and dynamics.

The plot continues to unfold, gradually revealing new challenges and mysteries within the dungeon. The pacing remains consistent, balancing moments of action, suspense, and character-driven narratives. Each revelation adds depth to the overall narrative, keeping viewers engaged and eagerly anticipating the next twist in the story.

Episode 2 also introduces new and intriguing elements, uncovering secrets that add intrigue and propel the plot forward. The exploration of the dungeon brings forth unexpected encounters and encounters with formidable foes, testing the limits of Loki Familia's strength and resolve. These developments add excitement and suspense to the storyline, leaving viewers eager to see how the characters will overcome the obstacles in their path.

The soundtrack continues to enhance the overall experience, heightening the emotions and atmosphere of each scene. The music complements the action and adds depth to quieter moments, effectively drawing viewers into the world of Sword Oratoria. The opening and ending themes further contribute to the overall appeal of the series.

While Sword Oratoria can be enjoyed as a standalone series, having prior knowledge of the events and characters from the main series, DanMachi, enhances the viewing experience and understanding of the world of Orario.

In conclusion, the second episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria maintains the captivating and immersive experience of the spin-off series. With its impressive animation, well-developed characters, and intriguing plot developments, it continues to deliver an engaging viewing experience. Fans of the original series will be delighted by the further exploration of Ais Wallenstein's journey and the challenges faced by Loki Familia.
Danmachi Best Anime WW

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.