Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2017 6:03 PM
Nov 2016
Greetings! There aren't many discussions for this, so I decided to make one. I really like this Manwha, the art is good, the story is interesting, and there are so many unanswered questions. Now my questions to all of you are the following:
What do you like about this Manwha?
What are you excited for?
Favorite character?
And most important of all, Who do you ship?
May 18, 2017 10:01 AM
May 2017
Just recently found this Webtoon and i already catched up to the latest chapter in less than 2 days, that's how much i find this story interesting. I gotta say compare to many japanese mangas, korean webtoons have much more thrills to offer, considering how they deal with the plot (much different from mangas imo). Anyway, back to the main subject, about this particular manhwa there isn't really anything out standing for my taste but the story is definitely unique. It just get messier as i delved deeper into it. But it's definitely interesting and worth my concerns. I really want to know how this will end. All the characters are cool in their own ways...and they are also quite messed up. I have a lot of questions and this is sometimes tiring because i have to wait with this kind of story for it to end and only when can i stop feeling bothered with it.
My favorite characters are of course the so-called siblings. They are the main but they are not that typical boring type, and also because of their fucked up relationship, which imo affects everyone around them. Hanmi is this type of person, who always shows an unnecessarily stubborn and spiteful attitude with others, and to the ones close to her she feels that she's the strong one and she has the responsibility to help and protect them. But sometimes she gets carried away and becomes overly manipulative. She also has some sort of false sense of justice, kinda like a typical anti hero. She attracts people but she always seems to deny her outstanding presence which shows that she is someone who tends to ignore material and shallow factors. Also she has problems with trusting people and she plays by her own rules, being a lone wolf and solving everything on her own. This gloomy personality of her is shown more obvious in the flashbacks when she was a kid. In the present she seems to be more matured and more positive. She probably decided to change because of her previous incident. Junhyuk on the other hand is the complete opposite. While Hanmi has her straightforwardness, he is someonewho hides his true feelings. He is ultra popular with his looks and his vibe, his humor and his overall 'positive' outlook, at least that's what it seems to be the case. I find him more complex than any other characters in the story, although the other guy, Gun is pretty interesting too. Junhyuk is somewhat nihilistic in his way of expressing love towards Hanmi and nihilistic love is absolutely something i root for.
Many others might find that other characters and subplots worth paying attention but i only care about what's gonna happen between the siblings. Hanmi is still in denial state but soon enough she will have to face with the fact that she wants to keep Junhyuk to herself. And unless these two come to a definite closure, that means they have to confess their true feelings, there won't be any resolution to the story, even for the other characters. Their lacking of parental guidance has lead them to depend too much on one another and they are also clueless about true love and relationships between men and women. Whatever the outcome the author must solve this point, the two main have to learn to fix all their weaknesses. Considering that they only find comfort in each other's company it would be very difficult for others to butt in between them. Surprisingly this also applies for the case of the Lee brothers. Juah and Gun love-hate relationship is taking a new turn, becoming sexually involved and stuff but this also makes sense, similar to JhHm case.
I have some speculations regarding the past events. Hanmi's problem with her ex was more or less concerning Junhyuk. Her ex was probably jealous and paranoid. Junhyuk probably did something out of jealousy and possessiveness which caused the ex to become suspicious of the siblings' relationship. Apparently after the incident they moved twice and there was a strain in their relationship. They both said this same thing that they weren't a mess like they used to be? Hanmi said this when she broke off their fake relationship and Junhyuk repeated this in chap 96 when Hanmi tried to convince him not to move out. Junhyuk feelings seem apparent already but Hanmi still denies. I don't understand what cause that tension between them and I'm extremely curious. There was a scene which Junhyuk told Hanmi that they should try and pretend as if they were still a family? There was also a scene which showed Junhyuk breaking up with Jun in the hospital and he was injured. So he must have fought with that psycho ex and his gang but if he only did so to defend his sister then why did they have to pretend that they were a family? Not to mention in the first chapter although they are siblings they have no intention of hanging around each other at school and make their relation obvious to the public, which consequently leads to Hanmi lying about being lovers. Also Hanmi hesitated twice about breaking up with Junhyuk and from the hints given i guess that it's because she doesn't want to become complete strangers with Junhyuk at school. And why did they decide to act like they didn't know each other in the first place? Why did they act like they didn't care for one another's business? This is really strange because apparently everyone in their old school knows that they're siblings. They chose to hide this fact from their new surroundings probably because one of the reasons causing the previous event is that they crossed the comfort zone of a healthy brother-sister relationship and it became scandalous. Junhyuk was the perpetrator and Hanmi tried to ignore facts and labeled his actions stupid while she also had to deal with her bf at the same time. It is likely that Hanmi herself is well-aware of Junhyuk's feelings for her and tried to ignore it and quickly recover to being normal siblings (or so she thought). She might reason that he was just being overly protective at the time, like how a normal person would do when there is something they want to avoid and prevent from the harsh and bitter realization.
Whoops, i said too much, but yeah, that's what i think...
Alexl4r93May 18, 2017 10:10 AM
Jun 8, 2017 12:15 AM
May 2017
JHHM all the way! While Gun is a sweetheart and Seonghwa's her equal (albeit more psycho than her), Hanmi has too much chemistry with Junhyuk.

I actually didn't want to ship them at first because their sibling relationship was a quite realistic (minus the whole fake dating part), but I have a feeling that they were hamming up the brother-sister routine because of that "incident"...
Jun 8, 2017 6:13 PM

Dec 2015
I like Lee Gun but I don't mind her ending up with Junhyuk.
Jun 12, 2017 9:08 PM
Oct 2016
Lolzzz since I love how an incest story works I don't have to burden myself on liking junhyuk with hanmi cuz of course my gawd they are adorable to look at šŸ˜ (and yes I do am shipping them at first) but I was actually curious am I the only one who ships hanmi with jua?( then somehow I love jua being with hanmi too so it ended as a battle for my mind to process with)
Jun 14, 2017 4:53 PM
Dec 2015
It is complicated.
I don't have this one ship or whatever; I feel like there is no way to actually determine the outcome, and I really can't root for any ship.
Let's just see how this goes.
Jun 17, 2017 4:17 AM

Sep 2013
I really REALLY like Gun but to be honest I want hanmi to end with junhyuk (and for junhyuk to be happy)
Its so complicated this webtoon is not good for my heart.

Jul 12, 2017 3:04 AM
Sep 2015
Greetings!
What I like from this manhwa is the relationship between the two siblings. At first I thought it would be a rom-com fake lovers like Nisekoi, but I'm so glad it didn't turn out that way.
I'm excited for the siblings' past, and of course how it would turn out between Hanmi and Junhyuk!
My fav is apparently Junhyuk, which kinda surprised me, because I don't like megane guys and girls that much. It was a shallow of me for thinking like that. Good for me, his personality is lovable.
Ship? Now, now. After all that talking, you must know now.
Jul 13, 2017 11:31 AM
Jan 2017
Well if they're indeed related by blood up till the end then there's no hope of banking at the siblings to be together, so I'm never keeping my hopes up. Hanmi is such a unpredictable character even up to this point.
Jul 28, 2017 1:35 PM
Jan 2017
Plus the blond love interest of the female lead is just too damn wimpy ass for Hanmi. Hanmi has such strong personality for such a crying ass blondie
Jul 28, 2017 10:18 PM

Sep 2011
Yueun x Ginny, of course. :')
Aug 19, 2017 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
Hanmi x Junhyuk of course !

Sep 17, 2017 5:21 PM
Sep 2017
Oh hell NO to incest! If you've read Hirunaka no Ryuusei before you must know that blondes always win! I just hope that things get better on both ends. (I don't hate Junhyuk, I'm just against the IDEA of them being together and that'll mean that the author is promoting incest)
Sep 23, 2017 5:51 PM
Mar 2015
Alexl4r93 said:
Just recently found this Webtoon and i already catched up to the latest chapter in less than 2 days, that's how much i find this story interesting. I gotta say compare to many japanese mangas, korean webtoons have much more thrills to offer, considering how they deal with the plot (much different from mangas imo). Anyway, back to the main subject, about this particular manhwa there isn't really anything out standing for my taste but the story is definitely unique. It just get messier as i delved deeper into it. But it's definitely interesting and worth my concerns. I really want to know how this will end. All the characters are cool in their own ways...and they are also quite messed up. I have a lot of questions and this is sometimes tiring because i have to wait with this kind of story for it to end and only when can i stop feeling bothered with it.
My favorite characters are of course the so-called siblings. They are the main but they are not that typical boring type, and also because of their fucked up relationship, which imo affects everyone around them. Hanmi is this type of person, who always shows an unnecessarily stubborn and spiteful attitude with others, and to the ones close to her she feels that she's the strong one and she has the responsibility to help and protect them. But sometimes she gets carried away and becomes overly manipulative. She also has some sort of false sense of justice, kinda like a typical anti hero. She attracts people but she always seems to deny her outstanding presence which shows that she is someone who tends to ignore material and shallow factors. Also she has problems with trusting people and she plays by her own rules, being a lone wolf and solving everything on her own. This gloomy personality of her is shown more obvious in the flashbacks when she was a kid. In the present she seems to be more matured and more positive. She probably decided to change because of her previous incident. Junhyuk on the other hand is the complete opposite. While Hanmi has her straightforwardness, he is someonewho hides his true feelings. He is ultra popular with his looks and his vibe, his humor and his overall 'positive' outlook, at least that's what it seems to be the case. I find him more complex than any other characters in the story, although the other guy, Gun is pretty interesting too. Junhyuk is somewhat nihilistic in his way of expressing love towards Hanmi and nihilistic love is absolutely something i root for.
Many others might find that other characters and subplots worth paying attention but i only care about what's gonna happen between the siblings. Hanmi is still in denial state but soon enough she will have to face with the fact that she wants to keep Junhyuk to herself. And unless these two come to a definite closure, that means they have to confess their true feelings, there won't be any resolution to the story, even for the other characters. Their lacking of parental guidance has lead them to depend too much on one another and they are also clueless about true love and relationships between men and women. Whatever the outcome the author must solve this point, the two main have to learn to fix all their weaknesses. Considering that they only find comfort in each other's company it would be very difficult for others to butt in between them. Surprisingly this also applies for the case of the Lee brothers. Juah and Gun love-hate relationship is taking a new turn, becoming sexually involved and stuff but this also makes sense, similar to JhHm case.
I have some speculations regarding the past events. Hanmi's problem with her ex was more or less concerning Junhyuk. Her ex was probably jealous and paranoid. Junhyuk probably did something out of jealousy and possessiveness which caused the ex to become suspicious of the siblings' relationship. Apparently after the incident they moved twice and there was a strain in their relationship. They both said this same thing that they weren't a mess like they used to be? Hanmi said this when she broke off their fake relationship and Junhyuk repeated this in chap 96 when Hanmi tried to convince him not to move out. Junhyuk feelings seem apparent already but Hanmi still denies. I don't understand what cause that tension between them and I'm extremely curious. There was a scene which Junhyuk told Hanmi that they should try and pretend as if they were still a family? There was also a scene which showed Junhyuk breaking up with Jun in the hospital and he was injured. So he must have fought with that psycho ex and his gang but if he only did so to defend his sister then why did they have to pretend that they were a family? Not to mention in the first chapter although they are siblings they have no intention of hanging around each other at school and make their relation obvious to the public, which consequently leads to Hanmi lying about being lovers. Also Hanmi hesitated twice about breaking up with Junhyuk and from the hints given i guess that it's because she doesn't want to become complete strangers with Junhyuk at school. And why did they decide to act like they didn't know each other in the first place? Why did they act like they didn't care for one another's business? This is really strange because apparently everyone in their old school knows that they're siblings. They chose to hide this fact from their new surroundings probably because one of the reasons causing the previous event is that they crossed the comfort zone of a healthy brother-sister relationship and it became scandalous. Junhyuk was the perpetrator and Hanmi tried to ignore facts and labeled his actions stupid while she also had to deal with her bf at the same time. It is likely that Hanmi herself is well-aware of Junhyuk's feelings for her and tried to ignore it and quickly recover to being normal siblings (or so she thought). She might reason that he was just being overly protective at the time, like how a normal person would do when there is something they want to avoid and prevent from the harsh and bitter realization.
Whoops, i said too much, but yeah, that's what i think...
Holy crap, this was a nice read. This is personally my favorite manga/manhwa at the moment, and even though I've read it countless timesā€‹ I'm no where as perceptive as this. I also agree with a lot of things, and I'm quite interested in knowing what happened between the siblings. I ship them, but I'm also aware how slim the chances are. Also I agree that Junhyuk is quite complex and I think their history will have a lot of doing in unveiling his character. Things are also moving just as you've said, and wow, your one of those people I wish I could talk to about this manhwa I'm so obsessed with. Things are very intense this season,and I'm hoping we can get to the siblings side of the story asap. I'm really crazy about this.
Mar 23, 2018 10:50 PM
Mar 2018
I honestly ship Gun x Hanmi real hard. I don't know what Lee Gun has bad I totally love him. His character is the most mysterious of all. I was shocked that he has a bad-ass side on him and he is beyond the character I imagined him to be. He's naive but observant. He seems pretty weak but man, he can beat the crap out of people and I believe he can protect Hanmi.

Although I agree that they are both secretive and not honest with each other, I think they're relationship will develop over time. There's progress and I hope it's for the best.

As far as Junhyuk is concern, I love him just being Hanmi's brother. They have the chemistry but their sibling relationship is totally funny and heartwarming. Besides, now that I've read until chapter 153, I prefer Hyenan to end up with him *wink*

Although Gun x Hanmi is unpopular as compared to JH x Hanmi, I really want my ship to sail.
Apr 3, 2018 5:46 AM
Apr 2018
Juriasu19 said:
Oh hell NO to incest! If you've read Hirunaka no Ryuusei before you must know that blondes always win! I just hope that things get better on both ends. (I don't hate Junhyuk, I'm just against the IDEA of them being together and that'll mean that the author is promoting incest)

False and with that kind of logic, in my honest opinion, people shouldn't be writing at all. Writing incest and other morally questionable topics does not mean it's for promotion and it takes like, middle school reading comprehension skills to understand that lol

Also, Willow hasn't painted Junhyuk and Hanmi's relationship as healthy and if they were truly painting incest as "good" then there would be no point in Junhyuk holding back with his feelings.

Anyways, I actually find Gun pretty boring and mediocre because there's not much to him other than being selfless and nice and angsty because he's trying to atone for his past lol; however, I'm not sure if Hanmi has romantic feelings towards Junhyuk as he does her lol

I mean, she hesitated breaking off because she didn't want them to return to before. She doesn't want to let go, but she has also showed strong feelings towards Gun and has remained stagnant on it; Junhyuk on the other hand, so far has held no interest in anyone and the small glimpses we get of him blushing is towards Hanmi.

So it may be one-sided, tbh.

I actually really like Seonghwa lmao I want to know more about him and Hanmi and why he's so incredibly hung up on her. I also find the romance between Yeun and Jun (Ginny) adorable so I'm glad we get tonsee those precious moments c:
Apr 18, 2018 12:05 PM

Jan 2017
ack still no new chap.. stoopid hiatus...

i ship her with everyone as one big harem ship!!
Apr 20, 2018 2:14 PM
Mar 2015
She should beat up on her ex.Seonghwa I think she would like her cousin to remain her brother Gun and his brother are a big problem. I don't know if Lee will ever get over his guilt for his brother
landofthekwtMay 10, 2018 1:42 PM
Apr 20, 2018 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
Either with Jun or Seonghwa, please.
May 23, 2018 2:37 AM
Sep 2017
Well its really hard to choose who she will end up with
Gun or Junhyuk or maybe Seonghwa xd
Both of Them are good
Most of the ppl choose Junhyuk and others Gun
I really don't care what will happen next but if its one of those three I am fine with it
Hanmi <3 <3 as long she is happy it will be ok
Sep 3, 2018 5:49 AM
Sep 2018
Awww, man,
I've read until chapter 162 at mangahasu sites less than 2 days, it's really interesting
And now, this place is so good, all of your thought really help me,
The complicated plotline got me thinking all day, and a little flashback of Junhyuk and hanmi's past is so mysterious :
Believe it or not i write my thought on paper and 6 pages full of my Theories since season 5 Will be on january 2019, Willow (the author who loves money) Hiatus, and i assumed the story Will end on Oktober 2019, oh my Gosh, my heart can't put up with on going mahwa
Sep 3, 2018 6:55 AM
Sep 2018
Let me put my opinion :
1. Seonghwa, can this villain actually a guy in love with hanmi and can this character develop to actually a guy who repent his sin on the future?
-once he said he like hanmi, then he said he didnt like hanmi and only use hanmi because hanmi is a good ally, gun knows it, and gun (a naive idiot who actually notices) curious bout hanmi's feelings toward him, and There is scene where hanmi still help him nowadays, although it is clear that she is not in love anymore with him
- of the drugs Case is actually seonghwa doing, a Mastermind without mercy, i really hate u Seonghwa
-by the way, seounghwa is really smart, how and when he notices that Junhyuk has in love with his little sister (hanmi) since 10 years ago?

2. Junhyuk, I always curious with his action, he dances with hanmi while having girlfriend while he is in a the not good and already rare not see her little sister, because he is not in the same floor with her.
-Junhyuk, you are so positive and charismatic, your siblings relationship with her also so realistic, i almost can't notice your blushing glimpse when u with her,
- Junhyuk tried to kiss her, when he heard about she actually playing fake couple over a guy, and i see that hanmi's eyes widen as suprised expression, hanmi actually relizes her brother feeling but still ignore and not sure
-junhyuk show off his relationship with Ginny in front of hanmi in their last school, and now show off his relationship with heran before hanmi's eyes, aww man, he just want to cover his feelings for hanmi, hyeran noticed it was hanmi, but it actually him who is in love with hanmi
-junhyuk, i know u Will eventually falling for hyeran, end up with hyeran, but actually i Dont mind u with hanmi since you are not real brother, you are cousins brother,
-junhyuk, only has perverted thought when he is with hanmi
-junhyuk, what happened between u and hanmi in the last school? Why that seonghwa make u end up in hospital? Hanmi tried to protect u from seonghwa because u are too nosy ini her bussinnes, well i know it is exactly her mistake by ever love someone as dangerous as seonghwa, as manipulator as seonghwa, about the bullying and the drug scandal,
-junhyuk,what happened between u and hanmi until hanmi and u muat pretend to be a family in front of ahjumma (aunty)? Why hanmi look so sad and desperate lock herself in her room at that scene?
-junhyuk,Ginny realized your feelings with hanmi, she was mad and said " it's wrong, she is your sister
- Junhyuk was sick, and even Puke at hanmi's socks scenes, and fall into hanmi's Arms, and hanmi Hugged him,and hanmi like heard some doki doki voices, hanmi are you doki doki at that time and a little blushing face u have there? But i know he is important to you,
- hanmi is really care, she hear Junhyuk ia sick through her mom when talking to phone, and as soon as visit him
- hanmi, why did u accept his kiss? I know u said "i don't want to go again"
- hanmi, since when u relize his feelings, when u visited Jun in his room u said so right? U said "since when did i realized?"

- yes i really am curious the tension between u and Junhyuk, has he ever kiss u in the past? In your last school, but you broke your brother heart by having seonghwa
- hanmi, yes, i know u put a kota of sympathy 'bout your brother's life, a broken home child who abandoned by his parents
- hanmi, i am curious 'bout who is your father
-junhyuk, i am curious 'bout your real father, and your ex father
- Junhyuk, are going to states in next last season?
- Junhyuk, your grandpa ia damn hot
- Junhyuk, you are totally good song to your mother, u stand before her in front of your grandpa,
Oh my god

3. That red haired girl who is hanmi's friend and new school, i forgot the name, actually who is this girl, i kinda curious
- she is the one who told seonghwa where hanmi is, she played fake couple with seonghwa,
- she is the one who told hanmi's that gun has a sick brother in nursering center
- she is the one who asked " what is your relationship with him " to hanmi and her brother, when she claimed the fake couple at first chapter
- she is clearly such carefree person but also mysterious,
- she is good at make up, she makes hanmi's hair Curly, and else
- her relationship with hanmi kinda real, awww man

4. Yueun, so bad, i hate Yuri, lesbian, be normal please, i said also to Ginny
- i start to suspicious with every intimate scenes about two girls, because of this gross couple
- wrong, this romances manhwa start to lose its core because that Yuri type side story
- i am scroll to the max, don't to see this gross couple

5. Gun, is the real nice
-but i start to suspicious when he start to doki doki around Jun, thanks fully he reject and pushed Jun as good reflect at Jun's action who kissed him
- thankfully he has more blush around hanmi, and hanmi too, awwww
- thankfully, Jun s complicated inner problem end, happy end, he just want his brother by his side
- to those who ship Jua and hanmi, no way, he Hates hanmi, and he has 3 friends now

6. Start to suspicious, i hate gyungtae as gay in this manhwa, oh my,

melissa76407622Sep 3, 2018 2:58 PM
Sep 3, 2018 2:35 PM
Sep 2018
Why is Lee hanmi said " why now after all this time?"
Hanmi did you ever in love your brother?
But your feelings changed

Your brother also let you go because he Saw you and gun kissed, he said "this is whta i wait for Ten years"

Junhyuk such a positive and popular person
I like u
Never getting out of ma mind
Sep 22, 2018 12:46 PM
Sep 2018
Im so sorry but I really ship junhyuk with hanmi, for me the chemistry between them is something else, but considering the fact that theyre closely blood related and that relationship is considered a taboo amongst many cultures i dont really think they'll end up together in the end. Unless some miraculous plot twist happens saying that jun and hanmi isnt really blood related (ill be really happy)
Oct 6, 2018 6:38 AM
Oct 2015
I really ship hyungsuk X Hanmi, but there's a high percentage they don't end up together. But I wish they have really feelings for each other. And just knowing they did it would make me happy.
Jan 7, 2019 8:04 PM
Jan 2019
Oof I’ve never had a rant on this scale about a manhwa before— but let’s get the ball rolling, shall we?

To start,, this is the first story (whether it be a manhwa or a manga) that has made me as nervous as I am about the outcome of the story. Because let’s face it; this story has been a rollercoaster since the 1st chapter. Personally, I ship Hanmi and Junhyuk (although it took me a while to admit, because of the whole cousin thing), and Willow seems to be a very unpredictable writer, so I’m not willing to write them off just yet! (Fingers crossed 0.0)

But anyway- after reading chapter 176, I’ve come to a few conclusions and have learned where I stand with quite a few characters. To kick it off, Seonghwa has been painted to be the villain, and quite obviously I don’t see anything else really happening with him (besides him doing villainous things, obviously). I feel a little burnt out on the whole Seonghwa issue to be honest, since the main issue lies with Junhyuk and Hanmi, and the character development won’t be able to come to a full close until they face each other. Which leads to another thing- while Junhyuk is definitely more honest with himself when it comes to Hanmi and his feelings for her, I don’t think its one-sided, although thats still a large possibility. The two of them have extremely possessive tendencies over each other, and while Hanmi consciously tells herself she thinks of Jun as a brother I think theres a lot more to her feelings. For example, in chapter 150, when Jun finally voices his feelings towards Hanmi and even tries to kiss her, she doesn’t object, and even goes as far to grab his shirt to keep him from leaving. Now while I understand he means a lot, I don’t think many people could handle having someone they consider to be their brother make a move like that without having something they’re not admitting. Not to mention, she says “why now, after all this time?”, hinting theres a lot more to this story that we still don’t know (although thats obvious, lol) ((also,, just re-read chapter 131- when he gets sick- if you doubt she has any kind of feelings, whether they be conscious or unconscious)). But that leads me to my next point (I honestly have never typed anything this disorganized and messy in my lIFE), which is Hyeran, Jun’s ‘girlfriend’. To be honest, I’m very tentative to even call her his girlfriend, since she grates on my nerves (rant incoming- you’ve been warned). To begin, I personally find her character to be very sketchy and unreliable. Her interactions with Junhyuk have already given me the impression of the early stages of manipulation (finding his ‘weakness’ ((Hanmi)) and then continuing to try to get them to hang out, despite him being uncomfortable. While some may say she’s simply trying to ‘solve his problems’, that kind of thinking in itself is unhealthy, and often leads to bad relationships.) Her way of trying to ‘help’ him only hurts him, since he needs to try to approach his issue with Hanmi ON HIS OWN, when HE decides to. By Hyeran butting in, she’s creating more issues than she’s fixing. Not to mention, every time she says “I’ll make you love me”, I think I feel a few more of my braincells die off (please help theres not many left)- ill only say this once, but YOU CAN’T MAKE SOMEONE LIKE YOU, AND A RELATIONSHIP BASED ON TRYING TO GET SOMEONE’S AFFECTIONS IS FAR FETCHED AND UNHEALTHY. In most situations, a relationship like the one that Junhyuk and Hyeran leads to anger and psychological issues. I’m not afraid to voice this opinion, but it almost seems like Hyeran is a low-key villain that will cause havoc in later chapters. Could I just be paranoid? Probably. (And no, I’m not saying this because I want Hanmi and Junhyuk to be together. Hyeran’s character genuinely grinds my gears, and I’m just WAITING for her to fuck up so I can cackle like a villain in my chair). Anyway, thats my messy thoughts.

(Im new to this, please have mercy)
Jan 16, 2019 5:39 PM
Jul 2014
Gabriela_00 said:
I honestly ship Gun x Hanmi real hard. I don't know what Lee Gun has bad I totally love him. His character is the most mysterious of all. I was shocked that he has a bad-ass side on him and he is beyond the character I imagined him to be. He's naive but observant. He seems pretty weak but man, he can beat the crap out of people and I believe he can protect Hanmi.

Although I agree that they are both secretive and not honest with each other, I think they're relationship will develop over time. There's progress and I hope it's for the best.

As far as Junhyuk is concern, I love him just being Hanmi's brother. They have the chemistry but their sibling relationship is totally funny and heartwarming. Besides, now that I've read until chapter 153, I prefer Hyenan to end up with him *wink*

Although Gun x Hanmi is unpopular as compared to JH x Hanmi, I really want my ship to sail.

Lol there's no mystery to Gun at all. If you had to sum him up using one word it would be "inconsiderate". No matter what other people feel around him, he does what he wants without considering how they would feel. He's the typical blockhead, but instead of being somewhat lovable and forgivable, he seriously injures people around him with his attitude. Of course, this attitude makes him stand out the most amongst all the other characters because everyone has a caring side to them....... except for him.

tl;dr Gun is inconsiderate. It's not hard to guess what he's thinking, because he isn't.
Jun 26, 2019 11:01 PM
Jan 2013
I'm so late to the discussion but I haven't found anyone to talk about this webtoon with so. I must share my thoughts.

Yes. As most people do, I ship Junhyuk and Hanmi. Their relationship is so complex and easily the most interesting in the series. Even now, at the end of S4 where I've read up to (I'm being patient and waiting for more of S5 to come out, or just be finished before diving in again), we still don't know the details of what happened in their old school with Seonghwa and how JH got so injured.

But to summarize JH as a character in relation to Hanmi, which I find extremely interesting: JH always paid special attention to Hanmi for whatever reason, as we see in the flashbacks when they were kids how he always turned to look back at Hanmi in her white dress (perhaps some symbolism with the dress there?). He's hid his feelings away the entire time, but feels pretty possessive of Hanmi, which is why he's so wary towards any guys who date Hanmi, as Ginny and/or Seonghwa (can't remember exactly who anymore) had mentioned. When he first finds out about Hanmi's crush for Gun, he's immediately evaluating Gun's worth and whether he was good enough for her. Which could have been easily brushed off as brotherly protectiveness, but after some recent confirmations about his feelings towards her, I think we can say for certain that he was using his "brotherly protectiveness" as a shield to test the guys who date her. He's jealous of the other guys who are allowed to freely express their romantic affection for Hanmi, because he can't. And he also obviously wants his feelings reciprocated.
JH feels the most qualified to be the one with her. When he tells Gun that he "can't handle her", he was implying that he could, and the webtoon has shown several times that JH really does have her back while letting her stay independent, which Hanmi obviously values a lot (eg when she tells Ginny to back off and let her handle the Seonghwa situation). It ultimately boils down to the fact that JH understands her best. He knows her tendencies and thought process, accepts them no matter how morally ambiguous and sometimes bordering manipulative and cruel her actions are, like when he simply watches Hanmi beat and blackmail the other girls. He doesn't try to stop her or step in to help. He just stands by the side of the building and let's Hanmi deal with it because he knows Hanmi likes to deal with her own problems her own way.
It's definitely twisted of him--for a guy to watch from the side as the girl he loves puts herself into danger, and for him to probably feel not too disturbed by her machinations. That's the thing though: Hanmi is by no means a normal girl. She's extremely emtionally intelligent and ruthless. While I would say that she has fairly upright morals (if she sees something or someone being wronged, she'll step in to right it), she is frighteningly good at stepping back from her relationships and general concern for people in general when she thinks it's necessary to manipulate them and the situation to achieve her goals. Most of the time, this side of her is hidden away, but when it's out, whew, she's not to be trifled with. (AND I LOVE HER FOR IT)
Point is: Hanmi isn't a "good" person, and neither is JH. They both have a dark side to each other and because of it, they don't scare each other off. They understand each other and accept each other fully. I don't want to go off on another paragraph raving about their relationship so I'll try to keep this brief, but their relationship stems from acceptance and need. We see from especially Hanmi how much she needs JH (when she's clutching his jacket and asking him not to move out). I never said this was healthy or anything, they both have a lot of problems to work out between each other but their relationship is built on so many things essential to each other, yet wrapped in this blasé sibling facade, I just want to see them work out. They're so perfect for each other in that way.

Uh. So actually I have more to say, apart from JH and Hanmi's relationship. The webtoon again and again makes parallels between the sibling relationship between Junhyuk and Hanmi, and Gun and Jua, so I have to mention it. Before Lezhin's license on English, the fan translators translated this webtoon's title as "Unstoppable Siblings". This obviously refers to Junhyuk and Hanmi, but as I kept reading, I began to think this could be interpreted as Gun and Jua's sibling relationship as well. Both pairs of siblings have this unusual dependency to each other, to the point where the line of platonic and romantic love is blurred. I haven't completely thought out all the parallels between them yet but it's definitely deliberate, so I thought it'd be interesting to point out.

Last thing, I swear! The three male leads, Gun, Junhyuk and Seonghwa all are a bit unhinged. What's interesting though is the degree of "darkness" I guess you could say about them. Gun is on one extreme end, 99.9% of the time, naive and sweet, doesn't seem to be able to hurt a fly, but .1% of the time, can beat the living shit out of people and not feel a shred of remorse for it because he thinks he's in the right and the others are in the wrong. Then we have Seonghwa on the opposite end: ruthless, definitely sociopathic, manipulative, intelligent (also hot as hell...gdiiii). 'Nuff said about the amount of "darkness" he has.
And then of course, Junhyuk. He's not naive and clueless like Gun and he's okay with using people to a certain degree, but he's not an outright crazy manipulative asshole like Seonghwa is. He's the perfect middle! Perfect for Hanmi. Understanding and accepting of her dark side, but always there to appreciate her usual self too!

ACTUALLY last thing now. Just last thoughts on where I think it'll go. I'm hoping with all my might that Junhyuk and Hanmi, by some miracle, will be together in the end but looking at it from the author's perspective...I don't know if that'll happen. The entire series revolves around Hanmi trying to date/dating Gun, and a lot of drama happens not-so-peripherally, but in the grand scheme of things, the drama is really peripheral to the progress Gun and Hanmi's relationship makes. That, and the fact that Hanmi and Junhyuk are actually blood related cousins could mean that to avoid a huge outrage from fans, author won't pair them up in the end. However, there could be some small small chance that Hanmi/Gun was just a means to slowly but surely introduce us to JH/HM's relationship and guide them to realizing their feelings for each other (more for Hanmi, since JH is pretty self aware. Or maybe Hanmi is too but she's just really good at pretending?). Afterall, we still don't know the full details in what went down before they transferred!!
Whew. So that's my thoughts so far on this series.
Jun 12, 2021 8:53 PM
Jun 2021
Naou said:
Juriasu19 said:

False and with that kind of logic, in my honest opinion, people shouldn't be writing at all. Writing incest and other morally questionable topics does not mean it's for promotion and it takes like, middle school reading comprehension skills to understand that lol

Also, Willow hasn't painted Junhyuk and Hanmi's relationship as healthy and if they were truly painting incest as "good" then there would be no point in Junhyuk holding back with his feelings.

Anyways, I actually find Gun pretty boring and mediocre because there's not much to him other than being selfless and nice and angsty because he's trying to atone for his past lol; however, I'm not sure if Hanmi has romantic feelings towards Junhyuk as he does her lol

I mean, she hesitated breaking off because she didn't want them to return to before. She doesn't want to let go, but she has also showed strong feelings towards Gun and has remained stagnant on it; Junhyuk on the other hand, so far has held no interest in anyone and the small glimpses we get of him blushing is towards Hanmi.

So it may be one-sided, tbh.

I actually really like Seonghwa lmao I want to know more about him and Hanmi and why he's so incredibly hung up on her. I also find the romance between Yeun and Jun (Ginny) adorable so I'm glad we get tonsee those precious moments c:

Y'all, she posted chapter 217 were the two cousins are literally making out. Even if it's not canon, it's definitely promoting incest. Especially considering that they ended up together in the end. As cousins who were raised as siblings. It's definitely promoting incest.

More topics from this board

» My Secret Brother PV

IridescentJaune - May 24, 2023

0 by IridescentJaune »»
May 24, 2023 9:05 AM

» about the ending and the successful ship

madawy - May 3, 2020

6 by Alan-81 »»
Jun 15, 2022 4:13 AM

Poll: » My Secret Brother Chapter 150 Discussion

conquerwithin - Nov 19, 2018

4 by removed-user »»
May 11, 2019 1:26 PM

Poll: » My Secret Brother Chapter 158 Discussion

conquerwithin - Nov 19, 2018

0 by conquerwithin »»
Nov 19, 2018 6:05 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.