Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 2017 5:46 PM
Apr 2016
BigGilis said:
dark-chaos said:
so meeting Imouto worth more than save 20 billion life ?

this anime lack of seriousness, well at least still funny to watch

20 million, not billion, but yeah.

A lot of cringe-worthy things this episode.

The worst thing about this series is NAOTO, a completely retarded, unrealistic and egoist MC.

The second worst thing is Marie. Seriously, is not okay to kill or to shoot in the legs of that corrupt bureaucrat who is going to let 20 million people die because a political agenda, but is okay to talk about killing a stupid boy just a few meters away from his super powerful and advanced android servant?!!

Just 3 episodes and this series is becoming more and more stupid and unrealistic.

Naoto is super realistic. He reminds me a lot of myself, and I keep catching myself being proud of him or just smiling at his antics. He's humble as well. He doesn't once brag. He even down plays his abilities. Also, how smart do you think a 10- year old boy should be? He seems plenty smart to me. If anything, you're the egotistical one here. As a rule if thumb: if you still don't like a series after episode 3, then go ahead and drop it, because no one wants to hear you whine and complain on the threads, and kill the good mood. Thanks.
Apr 21, 2017 5:49 PM

May 2015
Still can't seem to enjoy this show that much. That proposal came out of nowhere, lol.

Apr 21, 2017 6:33 PM

May 2009
BigGilis said:
Djidji said:

Eh? What's wrong with that?

Yeah, i can see your point. After all, Naoto IS a kid MC acting just like a kid who got an awesome gift who fell on his house.

Still, that refusal to lend RyuZu to save 20 million lives hurted, specially considerating he has superhuman hearing and he knew there was something very wrong happening just bellow the city... the same city where he, RyuZu and everyone from his school lives.

And how the heck he has such super-hearing anyway? If he can hear perfectly such long distance and low sounds, that would not mean any normal sound would be so loud for him so he could die or become crazy?

I think i'm just tired of gifted kid protagonists. Need more animes with adult protagonists.

Naoto is supposed to be a gear otaku who only care about automata. (The student he knows from his school bully him for being like that annd he doesn't even care.)
He doesn't give a shit about humans since all he cares about is what is gear-related (and what he wants). If his reaction sounds stupid or out of nowhere, it's because he really doesn't act like a "normal" guy.
And aside from his personality, his "overpowered" hearing is what make him special (and that's why he's using a noise canceller headphone), or so the show was supposed to told you at the beginning of the 1st episode.
If you re fed up with this kind of setting, no wonder you can't stand him. :D
Anyway, it's not the personality of the MC which is at fault there. (Though a lot of people won't like him for this reason.)
Apr 21, 2017 10:50 PM

Oct 2008
That RomCom at the end was out of place...and Marie agrees with it!
AnchoR is now foreshadowed! Can't wait to see her introduction!
Wow RyuZU has her own freewill! that a piece of work of an automata!
RyuZU powers is OP but a single use of that space time power (split seconds = 3 hours of her timeline) would immediately worn her out to the point that she would faint.
4/5.

Apr 22, 2017 2:14 AM

Sep 2014
This is getting better but i would liked it more if it was made by the same cg used in the ending *.*
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Apr 22, 2017 5:44 AM

Dec 2015
Holy shit, finally we got a decent episode!!!

The part where Naoto made her say how much she loves him was adorable 👌👌
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 22, 2017 6:08 AM

Feb 2008
Why are some of you so confused about the MC? He really isn't as flippant as he seems, he is actually quite serious and becomes so when the situation requires it. It is also consistent mostly with how he is like in the manga so if your objection to him is his general attitude and demeanor, you should probably wait a bit more to see him put his talents to good use.
Apr 22, 2017 11:59 AM

Sep 2016
This episode was amazing, the proposal scene made me lmao xD Also I dont understand why people think that mc is annoying, for me he is hilarious, can someone explain?
Apr 22, 2017 1:07 PM
Apr 2017
I feel that this episode filled me, it is something so beautiful that I do not know if I can define it. At the end of the episode I wanted to cry I do not know why but I think of the emotion and how beautiful it was
Apr 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Oct 2012
Naoto was spot on, who wouldn't fall for RyuZU after seeing that beautiful transformation. The proposal was funny to me but definitely out of place, nonetheless I did think it was cute despite how weird the placement of it was. The nodding was just really cute. Were they implying that RyuZU has some semblance of a heart? They seemed to make a point of comparing her core to a heart with the wave animation and the pulse

I'd been worried about RyuZU since the first time I saw the OP, and seems like next ep she'll sacrifice herself or something? At least that's the impression I got. I'm really freaking out because I won't be able to take it if something shitty happens to RyuZU.

For me this series is a lot like Lance n' Masques, not just the aesthetic but the way that I enjoy it despite being aware of all its flaws, though Lance n' Masques had that wonderful OP in its favor. It definitely has issues, but I really haven't had any problems with getting through the episodes. To this day the only things that have been hard to get throu for me were parts of Hand Shakers and the last few eps of Fuuka.
gust11Apr 22, 2017 1:24 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 22, 2017 1:28 PM
Mar 2012
Guardian of the planet? Shares bit more with Kagari (rewrite) besides white hair & fancy dress & closest to mc.
Lots of funny characterization for Naoto & Marie. Both emphasize returning to childishness. But Naoto stuck in his own world & priorities (lol some imouto bot fetish?), while Marie 'kill herself' ploy was nice to free herself & piss off megane kun.
If all the enemybots went CG maybe more budget can go to 2d...oh wait most action barely moved. Maybe one of those shows where even hiring a 3d animator is too pricy.
First ep without a cringy fanservice, guess it's improving.
Apr 22, 2017 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
Why...am I watching this...?

Oh yes. For the ED.
Apr 22, 2017 10:02 PM

Sep 2009
Visuals looking way better than in the first episode. Looking forward to the OST release as well.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 22, 2017 10:25 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, it's not like millions of people are going to die in a matter of hours, go ahead and waste time interrogating your robot maid about how she feels about you.

I like this story, and this world, not so the MC Naoto. He yells too much and is annoying.
Apr 23, 2017 1:50 PM

Dec 2015
Meh, the mangga better than this.
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Apr 23, 2017 6:38 PM

Nov 2014
the manga is much better than this episode really, getting bored now....

2/5
Apr 23, 2017 11:59 PM

Nov 2014
The princess has a hextech gunblade O.O

And this world looks like it was built by the Dwemner ^ ^

At least the MC isn't a complete and utter pussy for a change.
Apr 24, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2009
I thought it was a really good episode until RyuZu's transformation. Her alternate form looked cool but it ate up so much time and the end result was super anti-climactic. Just kind of cut everyone up, which she does anyway. I was expecting more. The proposal was kind of funny but also kind of brought things to a halt.

Oh well, I really like the way the members of the group play off each other so I'm glad I didn't bail on episode one. I liked a lot of the jokes but Naoto bowing down to Marie after she killed the military automata was my favorite.
Apr 24, 2017 7:07 PM

Sep 2013
I absolutely can not stand that child. Ryuzu's 2nd form is pretty neat but that's about it.

This literally took me 3 days to watch. I just kept changing to different series until I had nothing left...and when I had nothing left I decided to play some games...Then here I am.

This was bad.

Apr 25, 2017 6:37 AM

Jan 2017
best ep until now great to know she has sisters and it was a surprised that she was the weakest sis maybe one of her sisters will be the antagonist maybe that red one in the op the boy is annoying
Apr 25, 2017 7:33 PM

Apr 2015
It's only the third episode and I already have so many complains about this show. The pace of this anime is so weird. They are fighting and suddenly they decide to put a romantic scene? Why? I can't take this serious. I mean, I don't mind if they want to put a romantic scene, but it happened in the worst moment ever.

And Naoto is so cliche. It's almost impossible to like him.
Apr 25, 2017 10:24 PM

Jun 2015
Wow that "will you marry me?" scene at the end took all the action out of the episode there.. I like RyuZU honestly, the others characters kind of annoy me. I'd like to see her sister though.
Apr 25, 2017 11:14 PM

Jul 2015
Dropped. So many inconsistent and cliche situation.
Apr 26, 2017 7:34 PM
Feb 2017
OMG!!!!! I really want !

PD: I got lurked since a 3 Weeks
Working on the future things.

Apr 27, 2017 8:27 PM

Jun 2013
"Lawrence Transformation."

Ugh.
Apr 28, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2009
BigGilis said:
The second worst thing is Marie. Seriously, is not okay to kill or to shoot in the legs of that corrupt bureaucrat who is going to let 20 million people die because a political agenda, but is okay to talk about killing a stupid boy just a few meters away from his super powerful and advanced android servant?!!

I think Marie is losing it from the stress and lack of sleep. And she wasn't exactly the most stable person from the start.

BigGilis said:
Still, that refusal to lend RyuZu to save 20 million lives hurted, specially considerating he has superhuman hearing and he knew there was something very wrong happening just bellow the city... the same city where he, RyuZu and everyone from his school lives.

All things considered, these talks went pretty smoothly.
Note how RyuZU cleverly played her cards, getting the MC to agree as soon as he got a decent offer. I think she did it on purpose.
Apr 29, 2017 2:02 AM

Aug 2013
I don't get this... everything that happens doesn't make any sense.
What are they trying to achieve seriously..? I'm proud I manage to come this far.

Apr 30, 2017 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
Lambdaa- said:
What are they trying to achieve seriously..? I'm proud I manage to come this far.

Who are "they" you are referring to?

The characters?
The military, in conspiracy with the guild guy in the big room, want to save their honor by burying their mistakes. Which means dropping the whole city of Kyoto down below the gear-level, which will presumably kill everybody and break everything.
The guild guy probably risks the most - at the very least, he would get maximum prison sentence, at the worst, his entire family will be involved in a bloody vendetta against Marie's family. That's why he is so nervous.

Maria and her guild colleagues, want to save the city and its people. Both for the sake of people, and because their honor would not allow them to do anything less that "everything they could do". Naoto and RyuZU might be just what they need to do it.

Naoto lacks vision for grand things like these. He is just a technology geek with a lot of passion but little actual ability. And he is living his dream with his new robot girlfriend. The only thing that can distract him from RyuZU is more technology. And he doesn't even have the foresight to understand that the place that he has to go to will have even more technology.

RyuZU is a self-motivated robot girl - it is hard to understand how much of her actions are the result of thought processes, and how much is just the way she is built. Either way, she doesn't seem to understand how abrasive she is. Was her creator, Y, the same?
The only things we can be sure of, she wants to protect Naoto (because she acknowledged his potential as a clockmaker, and protecting such people seems to be her purpose in life), and she is very proud of her abilities (which are awesome). But she is occasionally shown being cleverer that that. Despite being a robot, she is a confidant and advisor to Naoto just like Halter is to Marie.

The authors?
That's shorter. They want to make some adventures with a taste of old-school intrigue and clockpunk.
flannanApr 30, 2017 11:11 AM
May 31, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
I mean ... I thought the action was pretty good this episode, but that ending was so cringe worthy >_< The imaginary time thing is pretty interesting and Ryuzu mentions her sisters and how she's the weakest of them, with one of them being in the Core Tower. I'm guessing she's the other girl in the OP. Halter's a cyborg too, interesting :P Anyway I guess if I just don't think too hard about this show it's decent enough to enjoy lol, even if my eyes aren't happy XD
Jun 11, 2017 1:12 PM

Feb 2014
flannan said:
Lambdaa- said:

The characters?
The military, in conspiracy with the guild guy in the big room, want to save their honor by burying their mistakes. Which means dropping the whole city of Kyoto down below the gear-level, which will presumably kill everybody and break everything.
The guild guy probably risks the most - at the very least, he would get maximum prison sentence, at the worst, his entire family will be involved in a bloody vendetta against Marie's family. That's why he is so nervous.

Maria and her guild colleagues, want to save the city and its people. Both for the sake of people, and because their honor would not allow them to do anything less that "everything they could do". Naoto and RyuZU might be just what they need to do it.

Naoto lacks vision for grand things like these. He is just a technology geek with a lot of passion but little actual ability. And he is living his dream with his new robot girlfriend. The only thing that can distract him from RyuZU is more technology. And he doesn't even have the foresight to understand that the place that he has to go to will have even more technology.

RyuZU is a self-motivated robot girl - it is hard to understand how much of her actions are the result of thought processes, and how much is just the way she is built. Either way, she doesn't seem to understand how abrasive she is. Was her creator, Y, the same?
The only things we can be sure of, she wants to protect Naoto (because she acknowledged his potential as a clockmaker, and protecting such people seems to be her purpose in life), and she is very proud of her abilities (which are awesome). But she is occasionally shown being cleverer that that. Despite being a robot, she is a confidant and advisor to Naoto just like Halter is to Marie.

The authors?
That's shorter. They want to make some adventures with a taste of old-school intrigue and clockpunk.

I dropped at this episode, too many flaws I cant put in details, so might as well ask about these plotholes:

The world was rebuilt by Y thousand years ago, how come its faults are the military's mistakes?

If they purge the city, won't the military & guildmeister become victim too since they're stationed there? Even if they escape in the last minute, there has to be at least some collaterral losses, so how come they fight against their own best interest - even including guild vendetta?

Also, for an ancient automata regarded as "national treasure" there was no protections / locks whatsoever - in its package, casket, outer body - even a mere boy can open it all the way down there - and it's just the start of cringeseries throughout the show
Jun 11, 2017 1:40 PM

Nov 2009
Protoz said:
flannan said:

The characters?

The authors?

I dropped at this episode, too many flaws I cant put in details, so might as well ask about these plotholes:

Okay, I'll answer. To everybody else, this might contain spoilers.

Aug 19, 2017 10:26 AM

May 2012
Really loved that ending! Quite nice progression I must say! Looking forwards for the next episode.
Aug 25, 2017 5:50 AM

Apr 2015
So many annoying tropes about the MC and the show that would have been easily drop-worthy but strangely it isn't THAT annoying. I've 'switched my brain off' etc.
Jun 13, 2022 1:13 PM

Jan 2020
Halter is a automata as well then? I guess that explains why Marie had no probably free muffin it in front of him.

For a second I was expecting Naoto's obsession with RyuZU's little sister to lead to a harem. But, with his sudden marriage proposal, I guess not? I'm okay with him marrying RyuZU because then at least he won't have any kids and he won't be able to spread his particular brand of clock perversion.

I'm not entirely sure what the benefit of imaginary time is. Why did RyuZU spend 3 hours fighting machines and it only took a moment of real time? Wouldn't it have been easier to simply give her the ability to freeze time? It just seems like it's a convoluted idea to introduce in a fighting anime.

In regards to the preview, I guess this show already forgot it showed us events from a month in the future. So teasing RyuZU's death means nothing.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 20, 2022 3:07 AM
Feb 2022
this show is so painfully boring and generic it's killing me
Dec 25, 2023 6:54 PM

Dec 2022
One of the stranger confession scenes I've seen, but it was funny enough, at least.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

42 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.