Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 2 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2017 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode, this series is going to ruin me I can see it coming.

I like the juxtaposition of the setting and the job these girls have to do, I expects its going to go some pretty dark places judging by the bits of info we get in this episode.

Apr 18, 2017 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
@will199021 please stop asking for this, ansswering anything that goes beyond this episode is against the board rules, you're asking for peoples to get warned or banned right now.

@Lohuydahutt please delete your spoilers, I know you don't mean any harm but you can be reported and received a warning/Ban for this. This isn't allowed at all to talk anything beyond the specific episode in those episode thread, so use pm instead if you want to answer.
Edit thanks, that was a damn quick answer.

GangsterCat said:
Zefyris said:

No. Also, I'm pretty sure you said you dropped that anime in the first episode thread.
i reconsider and try to give it a chance because of FEELS

I would point out that it's going to be veeeery difficult for any anime, no matter how good it is, to have you feel anything if you watch them with the attitude "it's going to be a shitty cliché forced feelings all the way".
Would suggest to either watch it with a more neutral attitude and being open to the idea that it may be good, or just drop it entirely.
Well, you waste your time if you want, obviously.
ZefyrisApr 18, 2017 1:39 PM
Apr 18, 2017 1:41 PM
Mar 2016
What do those beast look like anyways?
Apr 18, 2017 1:42 PM

Sep 2016
Zefyris said:
@will199021 please stop asking for this, ansswering anything that goes beyond this episode is against the board rules, you're asking for peoples to get warned or banned right now.

@Lohuydahutt please delete your spoilers, I know you don't mean any harm but you can be reported and received a warning/Ban for this. This isn't allowed at all to talk anything beyond the specific episode in those episode thread, so use pm instead if you want to answer.
Edit thanks, that was a damn quick answer.

GangsterCat said:
i reconsider and try to give it a chance because of FEELS

I would point out that it's going to be veeeery difficult for any anime, no matter how good it is, to have you feel anything if you watch them with the attitude "it's going to be a shitty cliché forced feelings all the way".
Would suggest to either watch it with a more neutral attitude and being open to the idea that it may be good, or just drop it entirely.
Well, you waste your time if you want, obviously.
no i watch it because there is nothing to watch on tuesday, same with another re-zero title copy yesterday with monday. too many void days this season
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 18, 2017 1:57 PM

Apr 2016
So far I love the story : an overload of cuteness with the kids paired to a big awful war drama in the background.

It looks like some weapons are missing.

I like the voices of Nygglatho and Willem. They did a great job in presenting the latter as the perfect father figure. I'm buying into it.
Apr 18, 2017 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
It was an 'okay' episode. I didn't feel there were many serious issues, however, I feel as if the tension between some of the characters is non-existent. I know this episode was meant to show and tell the exposition of the setting more in-depth but it felt rather 'bland' in terms of how the characters reacted and acted 1 dimensional. An example was during the end of the episode with Chtholly who apparently had 'X' Days to live (I think it was 5) yet was okay with telling Willem about it and even ask for a kiss.

5/7 from me
Apr 18, 2017 2:41 PM

May 2015
Another great episode. Already feel really sorry for the girls, ugh... I can imagine myself crying rivers already if I get any more attached and anything bad happens to them (which is most likely the case).

Also, decent OP.

Apr 18, 2017 2:56 PM

Sep 2013
the last few minutes : a feels trip (almost) then suddenly change into fanservice

when the maid show the underground vault i almost thought that the girl change into weapon or something like Guilty Crown that a weapon extract from the body but it's more like Black Bullet
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Apr 18, 2017 3:01 PM

Jul 2014
They're completely unafraid to die... except they cower in fear at a man because he might eat them... wait, what?

I never thought a facility to completely crush someone's desire to live would remind me of a vacation condo.
Apr 18, 2017 3:05 PM

Apr 2013
Caltsio said:
the last few minutes : a feels trip (almost) then suddenly change into fanservice

This scene isn't supposed to be fanservice. but to be taken like a physiotherapist treating a patient on a hospital bed. He effectively got rid of the fever tormenting her, as well as prevented things to go worse if they stayed that way. What this scene is to be understood at, is that he answered her romantic request with a very professional attitude instead, taking care of her not as a lover but as one of the children he's responsible of. Even thought that professional attitude requested "skinship" that could easily be interpreted in a romantic/lewd way, he didn't hesitate and treated her just the same.She wasn't listening so he kissed her on the forehead, but that's about it for the difference with a full professional attitude. From starters, he asked her to show him her back before for this very reason, he wanted to check bnecause her fever was suspicious.
It would be misinterpreting that scene than to take it as a randomly placed fanservice scene. From the whole atmosphere of the scene, do you think the author would do that.

Sokah said:
They're completely unafraid to die... except they cower in fear at a man because he might eat them... wait, what?

I never thought a facility to completely crush someone's desire to live would remind me of a vacation condo.

No, it's that they don't give any value to their lives. Them being shy in character has nothing to do with it.
Apr 18, 2017 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
Zefyris said:

well the way the "camera" angle they took and also the voice make it lewd. if they really don't have any intention to gave a "fanservice", they could make the scene in other way.
well that's my opinion thought and perhaps i watch too many scene similiar like that from other anime which lead to some unnecessary "fanservice" stuff.
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Apr 18, 2017 3:40 PM

Apr 2013
Caltsio said:
Zefyris said:

well the way the "camera" angle they took and also the voice make it lewd. if they really don't have any intention to gave a "fanservice", they could make the scene in other way.
well that's my opinion thought and perhaps i watch too many scene similiar like that from other anime which lead to some unnecessary "fanservice" stuff.

I take that camera angle and voice as intentional, to make a clear contrast between what that scene could be with your typical mc, and the way the mc behave here.
That story kicks quite a few cliché situation/trope upside down, like the end of the first episode with the jab toward that habit of deathflag from the authors, and the way it turned the other way around (everyone but the one who was asked for a deathflag ended up dead).
Apr 18, 2017 3:45 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is reminding me more and more of Black Bullet by the minute. Bunch of supernatural little girls being used as weapons in a post-apocalyptic world. Similar kind of banter between them and the MC they surround too
Apr 18, 2017 3:48 PM

Oct 2015
Has always nice episode, but poor girls :S humans always fucking everyhing, dam that masssage near the end ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 18, 2017 3:59 PM

Oct 2012
A lot cringe and awful loli fanservice, boring at that. I found nothing interesting about characters and I don't care about them at all. Not to mention whole episode was weirdly paced, it felt disjointed mostly, random scenes without any connection, disjointed by timeskips, bored by the rest.

The developement with the kiss and massage really felt out of place. Also going to the fight. We barely got to know those girls and now they are already expecting us to care about them deeply in some of the scenes? Nope, it doesn't work this way and there was barely any build-up.

I'm even not interested in MC's past he is average as hell. And I can already guess the depths of horribly forced feels where this story is heading. Not interesting, not interesting at all.

Dropped.
Apr 18, 2017 4:05 PM

Oct 2011
I haven't read the light novels but I hope this doesn't disappoint. So far I have mixed feelings; atmosphere and buildup are great. But I'm not that invested in the characters yet.

Massage scene was a little weird, sorry. Mostly because MC doesn't actually feel much toward her yet (other than maybe guardian?) so the orgasmic screaming at the end was off-putting. (Or at least, funny, and I got the feeling the scene was supposed to be a little more... intimate than giggle-worthy.)
--Maybe it also seemed super awkward because the writing/atmosphere was obviously *not* romantic/fanservice, but the animation style/feet twitching/screaming obviously was? Have to get that awk sexual tension in somewhere, even if it doesn't actually fit the scene, I guess...--

OP and ED are a little generic. But the song around 20 minutes in was fantastic. Can't wait until they release tracks/track names.
SnakeringApr 18, 2017 4:11 PM
Apr 18, 2017 4:11 PM

Dec 2016
That was quite the episode. Some dark stuff there.

Nice to see Willem getting the kids to open up to him like that. I would like to try that food he made.

I'm not sure how I would feel in his situation, seeing kids react as if nothing happened when they get badly hurt like that or just not caring about dying in general.

Lol at Willem & Chtholly bed scene.

Looks like one hell of a battle ahead, I hope they can get through it without anyone dying.
Apr 18, 2017 4:20 PM

Nov 2013
Ok, so... Really enjoying this so far. Probably my favorite of the season. That being said...

I've not read the novels or anything, but I see it's only 5 vols/25ch. Do any of the novel readers think at its current pace it'll end up being a full adaptation? (under the assumption it only gets 12-13 eps)
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Apr 18, 2017 4:24 PM

Mar 2016
Brynhild said:
Ok, so... Really enjoying this so far. Probably my favorite of the season. That being said...

I've not read the novels or anything, but I see it's only 5 vols/25ch. Do any of the novel readers think at its current pace it'll end up being a full adaptation? (under the assumption it only gets 12-13 eps)

Most probably will end at the last chapter of volume 3.
Apr 18, 2017 4:27 PM

Sep 2013
Zefyris said:

there's no need for the creator/studio to make "clear contrast between what that scene could be with your typical mc etc" at least in my opnion.
if they don't really intend to give some "fanservice" they could make the scene in any other way. well i don't hate it but because the way they build the moment in the last few minute it's just something unexpected because perhaps i expect a straight to some emotional moment without any "distraction".

wel it's my point of view and maybe yours is different from mine and i respect that because everyone is different. cheers
Apr 18, 2017 4:35 PM

Feb 2015
Brynhild said:

Honestly it's impossible to say for sure. If they finish up the adaptation of volume 1 in the next episode I'd say it could be any where from 3 to 5 volumes adapted, with 3 or 4 being more likely than 5. If they finish volume 1 up in the next 2 episodes it's almost certainly 3. So far they've covered about 3/5 of the first volume. I'm personally guessing 3 just because the OP doesn't really have any clear indications that it will cover anything beyond that but we'll see.
LohuydahuttApr 18, 2017 4:39 PM
Apr 18, 2017 4:41 PM

Nov 2013
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Brynhild said:

I see. Do you think that'd be a suitable stopping point? If it does end there, hopefully it gets either a short second season to finish it up or someone decides to license the novels.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Apr 18, 2017 4:48 PM

Nov 2016
The first half was sweet and light hearted, I almost forgot under which circumstances the girls live, but the moment one of them fell down the cliff the tone shifted and it became a lot darker. I like this contrast.

I had mixed feelings concerning the bed scene,though. Notas demand for the kiss and the execution was kinda cute, but the massage was weird. If my eyes weren't open I would have thought that I'm watching something different xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2017 4:58 PM

May 2015
Mich666 said:
A lot cringe and awful loli fanservice, boring at that. I found nothing interesting about characters and I don't care about them at all. Not to mention whole episode was weirdly paced, it felt disjointed mostly, random scenes without any connection, disjointed by timeskips, bored by the rest.

The developement with the kiss and massage really felt out of place. Also going to the fight. We barely got to know those girls and now they are already expecting us to care about them deeply in some of the scenes? Nope, it doesn't work this way and there was barely any build-up.

I'm even not interested in MC's past he is average as hell. And I can already guess the depths of horribly forced feels where this story is heading. Not interesting, not interesting at all.

Dropped.

100% wrong as per usual.

Apr 18, 2017 5:04 PM

Mar 2016
Brynhild said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

I see. Do you think that'd be a suitable stopping point? If it does end there, hopefully it gets either a short second season to finish it up or someone decides to license the novels.

Yes. It's a very good stopping point. But there will be questions left that vol 4 & 5 will tackle.
Apr 18, 2017 5:09 PM

Apr 2013
Caltsio said:
Zefyris said:

there's no need for the creator/studio to make "clear contrast between what that scene could be with your typical mc etc" at least in my opnion.
if they don't really intend to give some "fanservice" they could make the scene in any other way. well i don't hate it but because the way they build the moment in the last few minute it's just something unexpected because perhaps i expect a straight to some emotional moment without any "distraction".

wel it's my point of view and maybe yours is different from mine and i respect that because everyone is different. cheers

Well I simply consider that there are different reasons to show nudity and the like in a story, and that lewd/ecchi/fanservice isn't the only reason. There is purity, beauty, art and poetry even in nudity as well, for example. I feel like most peoples in anime thread just jump too quick into the "fanservice purpose" conclusion, as if there was never another explanation or motivation.

I can totally understand that this scene felt off to you and that since it directly followed an emotional scene, this is something you would have rather avoided.

Looking here and there at the reaction to this scene, I'd say that the scene was awkwardly handled since too many peoples felt your way. If it was properly handled, that wouldn't have happened that much. That's unfortunate.
Apr 18, 2017 5:26 PM

Oct 2014
Kittens-kun said:
Mich666 said:

Dropped.

100% wrong as per usual.

Exactly.

And apparently a loli falling down and busting her head open is fanservice, apparently.

What a joke.
Apr 18, 2017 5:27 PM

Dec 2013
Zefyris said:
L-Ryoshi said:
, though I'm feeling a bit confused as to why Nygglatho would need to explain to Willem all about the emnetwihts, considering he is the last one there is. I can only assume that she hasn't found out about his circumstances yet, which is strange in itself considering his peculiar traits as an non-furry humanoid. My guess as to why she had to explain the use of those Carillons was perhaps because she still hadn't found out that he'd used them before?

Can you give me the lines you found weird? I don't see where was the problem myself; so I think that's a misunderstanding, but...

I mean just the fact that she has to explain to him the past history of what happened 500 years ago when he obviously lived through it and experienced it.

Normally, if you knew that the other person already knew the history, you would just confirm it by asking a simple question like "So you know what happened back then, right?".

And considering that non-furry humans with beige skintone seem rare in this world, and he's the only male that's been shown.... wouldn't that be obvious as to his identity to other people?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 18, 2017 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Zefyris said:

Can you give me the lines you found weird? I don't see where was the problem myself; so I think that's a misunderstanding, but...

I mean just the fact that she has to explain to him the past history of what happened 500 years ago when he obviously lived through it and experienced it.

Normally, if you knew that the other person already knew the history, you would just confirm it by asking a simple question like "So you know what happened back then, right?".

And considering that non-furry humans with beige skintone seem rare in this world, and he's the only male that's been shown.... wouldn't that be obvious as to his identity to other people?
You mean the beasts destroying humanity? If that's the part, then you'll understand that later when more is explained.
Actually, non furry races aren't that rare. it just depends of islands, not every race live in harmony with each other. Looking completely human (ie, disfeatured) is quite rare, sure, but except for leprechauns, they're usually both male and female at around the same ratio like any other race. I mean there's male trolls for example. They reproduce with a male and female, so obviously if 500 years after the catastrophe there's still trolls, it means that there's enough of each sex to continue to have children properly.
Also humans are considered to have been wiped out. So it's the contrary, no one who hasn't been informed of who he is (as Nygglatho said, she IS aware of what he is) would guess he's human. That race disappeared from the map 500 years ago so no one looking at willhem would think 'hey that's a human".
ZefyrisApr 18, 2017 6:05 PM
Apr 18, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
Just to make it easier . A marekless (disfeatured) is not necessarily human, but a human is a markless. Like Willem who is human also falls in markless category. Kutori is a markless, but she's not human; she's a fairy. Markless as Zef said aren't that rare. Humans though are believed to be wiped out.

Also discrimination against markless comes from the fact that they resemble the humans who have been called "wretched" and "creators of the 17 Beasts" in this episode so you can see where people are coming from when they discriminate, but it's not appliccable to every island. 500 years have passed, many should know better by now not to blame a whole race's faults on a select few. They might elaborate more on this later.

Apr 18, 2017 5:45 PM

Dec 2013
Really enjoying this series so far.

Seeing the reaction to the kid falling down was a shock.
Apr 18, 2017 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
This is actually really good. @@
Apr 18, 2017 5:47 PM

Apr 2014
Since this is a tragedy anime so I won't wish for a truly happy end, at the very least don't go and kill off every girls there.
Apr 18, 2017 6:23 PM

Apr 2016
That turned into hentai real quick. Otherwise, good episode overall. I feel like this one could be a 10
Apr 18, 2017 6:28 PM

Oct 2016
Good episode, especially with that kid falling and becoming bloody like it's nothing. XD
Apr 18, 2017 6:34 PM

Jan 2014
I've watched two seasons of Iron-blooded Orphans to know where this is going...
Apr 18, 2017 6:35 PM

Dec 2009
Jotakak said:

It's even more obvious with this series haha.
Apr 18, 2017 6:37 PM

Jan 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Jotakak said:

It's even more obvious with this series haha.

Children and war never end well.
Apr 18, 2017 6:50 PM

Oct 2015
This'll have around 12 episodes right?
Apr 18, 2017 6:58 PM

Apr 2014
Dropped. This show is obviously not for me. I could rant about it all I want but I won't get anywhere. So yeah, have a good time watching it I guess? Curious to see how this goes from a light novel reader's perspective. Wonder if the adaptation itself is any good.
Apr 18, 2017 7:18 PM

Oct 2014
Hongu said:
Dropped. This show is obviously not for me. I could rant about it all I want but I won't get anywhere. So yeah, have a good time watching it I guess? Curious to see how this goes from a light novel reader's perspective. Wonder if the adaptation itself is any good.

So you come in into say you'll rant, but not actually do it so we can pick it apart for you?

For shame.
Apr 18, 2017 7:21 PM

Aug 2015
That massage scene was a little more sexual than it probably should have been but I still liked the episode.
Apr 18, 2017 7:27 PM
Jan 2017
The character development and nuanced drama made for a very good episode. I liked the chemistry between Willem and the children, his attempt to humanize them after learning what they really are gives credit to his good nature. The quasiromance between him and Chtholly was executed well and shows no signs of getting rushed. And didn't you just love the little squeals she gave out when he was giving her that massage? Kudos to Azusa Tadokoro for that scene! The supporting characters are interesting, the voice actors were at the top of their game and the music... oh what can I say about the music? Bring out the next episode! We deserve it!
Apr 18, 2017 7:41 PM

Oct 2015
Another good episode, Willian feel natural to me. It might be because of his origin being in a orphanage. The character development had been good and a 15 years old falling in love doesn't sound unbelievable especially when her whole life is all about fighting. The cute moments had been great but damn knowing what going to happen eventually just make me a little sad.
Apr 18, 2017 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
Hongu said:
AsuraDestructor said:

So you come in into say you'll rant, but not actually do it so we can pick it apart for you?

For shame.
I'm too tired from watching this with a friend, no way I'm gonna expend that much effort into something I'm just dropping right now. It probably sounds pretentious of me or something but it's really not in my interests right now.
If you wanted to provoke me then it didn't happen, sorry.

Nah, I find it more hilarious, really.
Apr 18, 2017 8:02 PM

May 2010
MC fulfilling my expectation to act just like a father figure/guardian. I like that, because I'm tired of smug op and recluse kind. The infirmary scene up to the forehead kiss was cute, but the massage... I have no problem with the voice, the mc couldn't possibly sound more disinterested than that. however the camera view feels unnecessarily suggestive.

I won't ever remember the girls' names.
Apr 18, 2017 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
From the beginning this anime is making me excited by the plot, it has been a long time since I wanted to read LN, and now I want more to read it, the sad 'mood' of development, alternated by the cute and happy moments of children and young girls, makes me curious to see how much more sadness and how much more joy will come in this story, my expectations are really high ..
Apr 18, 2017 8:15 PM

Sep 2015
No Scarborough fair thsi episode :(
OP and ED is ok, nothing too great but not bad either. Might grow to like it but so far nothing too special.
Series is getting really good. Might be one of the top this seasons, depending on how this and other series play out of course.
Apr 18, 2017 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
The part when the little girl fell off the cliff and nobody cared was... creepy.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Apr 18, 2017 8:26 PM

Aug 2014
What the fuck I didn't sign up for hurting lolis. I was hoping they'd lead happy weapon lives and never fight.
Sieg Zeon!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

458 by -ODA- »»
Apr 9, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.