Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode had a more crazy feel compared to the first one.

At least they made it out of that chaotic journey alive. I'm still not really invested into the characters yet so hope the show will focus more on their development. Poor Ido, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel like Maya is trying her hardest to help others although she feels helpless herself at times. Kinda like her and Ido's character chemistry so far.
Apr 16, 2017 12:23 PM
Dec 2008
In terms of characters, I would say the show is already doing a good job developing Maya and Ido. Their cooperation was the focus of this episode and probably the center of the entire narrative if we are going to extrapolate.

Generally speaking, I liked that this episode continued directly from the last one. They even made that professor look worse in retrospect, by having him blame Maya for his own corruption.

Regarding the flashback at the start, there was also a rather sinister symbolism to the way in which the mind transfer system resembles tombstones.

Quite a few mysteries are in the air. Who is that masked man and why does he have a different voice now? How did Ido get stuck in this mechanical body permanently? Who is the mysterious girl?

In other words, there are many signs showing that ID-0 is actually building up an ongoing story instead of becoming episodic. This is a good thing, for those who were afraid of just seeing a series of isolated adventures.
Apr 17, 2017 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
fansubs are out btw on 4chan /m/ thread about this anime

so Ido is an Evertrancer that means he has no biological body to mind transfer back to huh

i wonder about the flashback of Ido right when he touch the Orichalt there, are those his family back in the old days?
Apr 17, 2017 7:58 PM

Jun 2015
The professor is a douche for putting the blame on Maya. She did a good job helping Ido. It's pretty interesting he's a Evertrancer. He has no biological body to mind transfer back to. The flashing images he saw was probably memories.
Apr 17, 2017 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
Its a shame how many people are refusing to watch this, this is a very solid show so far!
Apr 17, 2017 11:18 PM

Aug 2014
I've been waiting for the loli. It seems the blonde girl is from Ido's memories, so that leaves the blue hair chick from the opening, or did I miss her?

I liked how they shared parts. Wonder how many of them actually have access to their bodies.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 18, 2017 12:29 AM

Apr 2016
It's too bad the CGI may have turned some people off; but this has been one of the nicest surprises of the season. VA behind Maya is absolutely nailing every expression.; how is she not in more shows?

Show definitely has its charm. Worth watching to see what happens next.
Apr 18, 2017 6:45 AM

Mar 2014
If they can copy memories around, why does it matter if he has a body or not?
And a nekomimi came out of the ore, lol.
Apr 18, 2017 11:52 AM
Dec 2008
Paulo27 said:

That's a good question, since some folks will believe it doesn't matter but others will say that without a body you're nothing more than information.
Apr 18, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2016
I like what they're doing with the worldbuilding in the episode. Including an idea like people leaving their bodies behind in favour of machines is pretty intelligent and I'd like to see where the show goes with it. It feels like western sci-fi.
Apr 18, 2017 1:02 PM

Jan 2015
i really like the songs. OP and ED are really great. unlike other animes this season >_>
Apr 18, 2017 2:32 PM

Sep 2013
Planet lv storm, warping and mining, the girl must have come from ido's mind when he touched it.

Paulo27 said:

Your machine body and data mind can easily be messed with and you don't even know it, those machines are also not complex so a human body is better.
Apr 18, 2017 4:53 PM
Jan 2017
Episode 2 ups the ante from episode 1 by dealing out some backstory for the setting, including some insight about I-Machine development. To be honest, I never really understood the part with the guy talking to all those tombstones. I really need context for that. The professor also seems to be shaping up as an antagonist, given how he shifts all blame of the operation onto Maya. I liked the development between the main characters, particularly Ido and Maya's chemistry.
Apr 18, 2017 10:43 PM

May 2013
Paulo27 said:
And a nekomimi came out of the ore, lol.
I thought that too. not the first sf that had this 'transfee mind' but why not upload the mind on cloud or server something. this is future, right?
Apr 19, 2017 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
Narrative is less compelling, but more rational, so I'm not disappointed episode. Interestingly enough the story, even if it does not shine in all respects for originality. The characters are cute and some of them are still shrouded in mystery, like the girl out of the output mineral mysterious, I'm curious to understand more. After all, this anime series, I'm liking more than I could imagine, too bad it's in full CG, with hand design, this series I would have liked more, because the style of the drawings is to Murata.
Apr 19, 2017 2:05 PM

Jan 2009
Paulo27 said:

good point, and also Expelled from Paradise shows that they can transfer the mind to biological clone too, this is sci-fi they can somehow create a biological clone by just copying his appearance on his memories for example

maybe this will become a possibility in the next upcoming episodes, i sure hope so
Apr 20, 2017 2:29 AM

Dec 2015
Becoming interesting ! This consciousness transfer problematic was what reached me in the first place by reading the synopsis.
Probably one more episode before the story's meat is reached.

3/5
Apr 21, 2017 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
Dang this was a really nice ep, I really liked the focus on Ido and Maya, they make a nice team! Interested in learning more about Ido's past as well as this mysterious girl now.

Definitely a nice surprise for the season
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 22, 2017 8:02 PM
Sep 2011
Good episode, did they meet a new race?
Apr 24, 2017 1:18 PM
Oct 2011
That was a really good ep.

I agree gust11, I think this is going to be the hidden gem of the season, I'm really liking this so far. I hope this is a 2 cour to really dig into this since it feels like one of those start small and grow big series.

Really good post Madonis. Plus I agree, I'm quite happy that this episode continued right from the last so that we could get ongoing development for Maya and her teamwork with this crew as there's a lot of potential to make them a really likable bunch if they do this successfully (one of my favorite things about good "crew" shows), especially as her and Ido's interactions continue to improve which had some really nice moments this ep. Her moment with Rick was nice too.

Madonis said:
Generally speaking, I liked that this episode continued directly from the last one. They even made that professor look worse in retrospect, by having him blame Maya for his own corruption.

Yeah, that professor was a real complete piece of garbage. Maya is pretty lucky. Hopefully they take him down later once Maya's in a better position to be less vulnerable so that he can't go back to the Academy and pull that shit on anyone else as that would be pretty satisfying.
DangerMouseDMApr 25, 2017 11:31 PM
Apr 30, 2017 6:12 PM

Feb 2013
Space rocks that hyper-jump themselves... cool stuff.
Jun 11, 2017 11:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is pretty interesting stuff here- Good scifi premise
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 25, 2020 3:06 AM

Jan 2011
Not so over the place like the first ep, but there's still something off about the pace. Not sure how I feel about that bit after the ED, but I guess that's what the next episode is for.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ID-0 Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

42 by Cba92308 »»
Apr 28, 2022 3:08 AM

Poll: » ID-0 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

17 by ReaperCreeper »»
Feb 25, 2020 5:33 PM

Poll: » ID-0 Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2017

14 by ReaperCreeper »»
Feb 25, 2020 3:36 AM

Poll: » ID-0 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

40 by GreatS »»
Sep 1, 2018 5:15 PM

Poll: » ID-0 Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2017

17 by Seabury »»
Jan 17, 2018 6:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.