Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sana can really be childish sometimes..

I thought this episode was fine but the pacing still feels sluggish. Trouble came in the second half of the show as Sana gets kidnapped. Minnie C makes her move and tbh, I find her kinda creepy. We also find out a bit about her although I'm not sure what her endgame is yet. Maybe she plans to use Sana to bring her dead husband back somehow?

Poor Sana...
Btw, I think this is going to be a multi episode arc, probably 2-3 episodes.
Stark700Apr 16, 2017 8:35 AM
Apr 16, 2017 7:20 AM

Jan 2012
Gotta say, that fast food looked surprisingly tasty. XD

Fuck though, Sana was abducted while on the shitter! Low move Mini C you bitch! >:(

Alright, time to mount a rescue operation!
Apr 16, 2017 8:52 AM

Jan 2015
Voice of Ajin Satou now as "good" person here, Zouroku's friend. >_<
Whoa, what a "perfect" timing to catch Sana like that. Right when she's alone.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 16, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2009
EAT LIKE YOU MEAN IT, SANA-CHAN
BROUGHT TO YOU BY CARL'S JR

(this keeps getting darker and darker but I love it)
Apr 16, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
It's sad Sana got kidnapped in the restroom. Minnie C is going to be an interesting antagonist. She's willing to do anything to bring back her husband. The big arms were in fact her husband's. This is getting good.
Apr 16, 2017 9:14 AM
Mar 2015
Oh, wait. She has that power too? Who is she anyway?

I dont remember her being introduced for having such power before, or this is the first time she's showing it

ariel_nugieApr 16, 2017 11:11 AM
Apr 16, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Who are the people helping Sana? I think I missed out on who they were or forgot. They seem to know about the powers and stuff. Plus one of them even has powers.

It was nice to see Sana considering living with Sanae and Zoroku.

Some interesting info on the Dreams of Alice regarding the whole 'card' thing. Minnie C seems to be a unique case developing her powers due to trauma I guess. Wonderland was pretty interesting as well, Sana seems to be quite powerful.

Sad that Sana got kidnapped, but what's even worse is how she's being restrained. Feel bad for her. :(
Hopefully she breaks out or is rescued.
Apr 16, 2017 10:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well okay. The baddies are indeed baddies by the textbook. I thought there was more to it.

Minnie C was probably promised to have her husband alive again by the bad guy.
Apr 16, 2017 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
Sana is so cute sometimes... I hope she is able to escape soon
Apr 16, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2013
The pigs are gone except one I guess, minnie c is broken from her husbands death and captures alice.
Apr 16, 2017 10:22 AM

Oct 2014
I was getting bored by the massive amount of moe in the last episode (I don't like this kind of thing) and was thinking about dropping... But this week's ep was really better and interesting.

I hope the plot keeps thickening; the slice of life part of the series isn't working for me, but the suspense is ok.
Apr 16, 2017 10:41 AM
Jul 2015
I want to see how Minne C's husband would react to her selfishness. I dump that bitch right away if i got brought back to life knowing she's a psychopath.
Apr 16, 2017 10:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'm finding it hard to really care at all about what's happening to these characters. It just feels so lifeless and boring somehow :/
Apr 16, 2017 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
So, basically, we're supposed to feel some sympathy for Minnie cos her husband died and she wants Sana's power to bring him back? Yeah, fuck off with that noise, especially when she is completely crazy and utterly despicable, not to mention gullible for trusting what the director told her. I was hoping that these villains might be more than just pure evil for the sake of being evil, but so much for that.

The stuff before Sana's kidnapping was enjoyable as well, but something is definitely shifty about Ryu. Sure, he's a good guy and all, but something still feels off about him (maybe it's the voice, cos it is the same guy who voiced Satou in Ajin after all).
Apr 16, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2015
Was a good episode. For a moment i thought they were going to kill the pigs, the stained one is cute ^^. I do not remember that woman had powers. Sanna apparently is powerful compared with the others alice's dream users but it seems that they can get those power with some type of desire i think. In the end Sana was kidnapped :L but there is Zouroku to save her ;D. Overall good episode and it happened to me very fast. Ah! and to emphasize in the minute 13:04 i noticed that the man in front of Zouroku had two right hands lol.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Apr 16, 2017 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
This is my favorite anime for this season.
"Burn the heretics"
Apr 16, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2017
A Gentle warm feelings... as your days became miserable...

Awaken as the Dream of Alice named Minnie C.

But before that.... It takes time to present more about the light inducing theme about Sana's everyday life with Zouroku and also with Sanae..
A promised which he want to help him.. to destroy her own facility...
and retrieve one of her friends along the trap..

Lesser SoL Madoka indeed... I suspect a sudden twist was about to happen...

Her eerie side... won't grip her husband death...

and already kidnapped Sana... to teaches her a painful lesson on escaping again...

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 16, 2017 11:37 AM

Dec 2013
ariel_nugie said:

I dont remember her being introduced for having such power before, or this is the first time she's showing it

Wasn't she the one who helped Sana to escape from the facility in the first place? She had a fight and hindered Minnie C on the mountainside road if I recall correctly.

In any case, the first half of the episode was pretty much in the same vein of form as the last one.

But things quickly went down the shitter in the second half, figuratively speaking that is... :P
Minnie C's motivations are clear, but does she really believe that the facility will be able to control Sana's powers? Or that Sana would want to help grant her wish when everything's done?

Somehow, I feel a really great urge to stick a fist in that Kouichi guys face. That damn megane kun rubs me the wrong way...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 16, 2017 12:08 PM

Oct 2013
Interesting ep. I liked Minnie C's backstory. She was a Marine herself and married to another member of the USMC? He must have been KIA in Iraq in the mid-2000's. I'm good friends with a Marine that served in Anbar Province around that time.

Apr 16, 2017 12:18 PM
Mar 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
ariel_nugie said:

Wasn't she the one who helped Sana to escape from the facility in the first place? She had a fight and hindered Minnie C on the mountainside road if I recall correctly.

I dont think it was her, cz the one who helped Sana escaped had a long hair...
But, she does have a same blue crystal color
Apr 16, 2017 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Very good episode. Strong advertisement for Carl's Jr was a bit distracting.
Apr 16, 2017 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Sana got kidnapped. Give the girl a break, she only got a taste of the normal life and already she's being kidnapped.

Here's hoping that Minnie C gets her ass kicked.
Apr 16, 2017 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
I find it hard to care/feel for the characters. Felt like the "good guys" just suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I wonder will that missing pig play any role in Alice's escape though. And what kinda past Alice had to obtain that special power. It is more likely that she obtained it from certain tragic event rather than born with it.
Apr 16, 2017 1:48 PM

Aug 2014
Fuck that Minnie Cooper bitch. Only I can touch Sana like that.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 16, 2017 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
ariel_nugie said:

In any case, the first half of the episode was pretty much in the same vein of form as the last one.

But things quickly went down the shitter in the second half, figuratively speaking that is... :P
Minnie C's motivations are clear, but does she really believe that the facility will be able to control Sana's powers? Or that Sana would want to help grant her wish when everything's done?

Somehow, I feel a really great urge to stick a fist in that Kouichi guys face. That damn megane kun rubs me the wrong way...
I don't think it's the same person. The one who helped Sana escape had a long ponytail iirc
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 16, 2017 3:28 PM

Dec 2016
Minnie C is a completely broken human being.

I hope they can rescue Sana soon.
Apr 16, 2017 3:28 PM

Aug 2015
All I can say is that they'll never beat Rick and Morty's Carl's Jr. promotion.
Apr 16, 2017 5:00 PM

Nov 2014
If anything less than Minnie C having to witness the spectacle of her husband dying over and over again for some broad length of time will feel like justice wasn't done. I hate characters like her. She had a noble husband who cared about her and everyone else, dying in the line of duty, and her idea of doing right by him is abusing this little girl in a pathetic attempt to manipulate her with fear and pain into bringing him back to life? Would he stay by her knowing what she has done? I doubt her husband would be quite as convinced that this girl is a mere object to abuse for her own ends. But then again we already know this woman is completely broken.

I have a feeling the time will come for her to get her wish, only to be disappointed by it not really being him or some other variable beyond Alice's or anyone's control. The nature of Alice questioning those pigs existence definitely tells me we're going to be exploring the nature of life and death through this power.

I sure would love to know the background behind Zoroku. Noble florist my butt. That's the kind of job someone who has seen some shit fits into when he's tired of all the blood.
Apr 16, 2017 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
Minnie C losing her husband.
Sana getting kidnapped was scary. Those Hairy arms are dangerous. Willing to do anything to be with her husband again.

Sana's Alice of Dream is a lot more powerful than the others. Being able to create anything.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 16, 2017 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm... I was hoping to see slice of life story of Old Man and Sana, but the kidnap episode reached too early imo.(well at least the way she got kidnapped while bathroom-ing was funny)

I hope that woman gets life lesson by next episode.
Apr 16, 2017 5:55 PM

May 2015
Things turned quite serious and bad, damn.

Apr 16, 2017 6:49 PM

Dec 2014
There should be a name for this new category of fear ...i.e. fear of being abducted while attending nature's call..______phobia

Apr 16, 2017 7:19 PM

Nov 2013
Minnie C. is pretty interesting. Glad we got a background of 1 of the antagonist.
gust11 said:
L-Ryoshi said:

I don't think it's the same person. The one who helped Sana escape had a long ponytail iirc

I think they're the same person, as she said that she already met Sana before. Also her voice is similar with the ponytail woman in ep 1. Perhaps the long hair was a wig or it's the effect of her power.
Apr 16, 2017 7:24 PM
Sep 2012
I love the OP, I am playing it over and over again, so freaking catchy.

This is the first episode that doesn't have a happy for our protagonist, how is she going to get out of this pickle. I wonder if 4 eyes really evil, or does he believe what the organization is good and end justify the means.

Just me, or is this Punky Brewster the anime. Orphan little girl lives with cranky but still good hearted old man. This is Pinky only with magic and super natural stuff. And Punky never got herself into the terrible situation that Sana is in right now. If people can call Little Witch Academia, the Harry Potter anime, I can call this the Punky Brewster anime, it is only fair.
Apr 16, 2017 7:32 PM

Jul 2015
Aftermath of the invasion of the pigs. And lots of Hardees being oh so subtly advertised, at least I think it was, might be some sort of bootleg hardees or something too. It's too bad Sana got kidnapped but considering it's only episode 3, there can't be that much going on. So now to see how she gets out of that situation.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 16, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2016
lmao the carl's jr advertisement
Apr 17, 2017 12:33 AM
Nov 2015
welp im panic sana chan got kidnaped by those evil people, i hope she got rescued as soon as posible.

call police call s.w.a.t call everything welp. S.O.S
redcobraApr 17, 2017 12:42 AM
Apr 17, 2017 2:26 AM

Jun 2013
not cool man at least let her finish her business
Apr 17, 2017 3:18 AM

Apr 2017
hmm... if she imagines anything and it turns into a real thing

she could just imagine the research center being destroyed rigght o,o??
Apr 17, 2017 3:28 AM

Jul 2014
This was a really good episode, totally different from what we saw the last time. I think Minnie C's character and her back story was explained very well, I thought she was just a deluded doll with super powers who'd obey any orders given by the mysterious association who's trying to kidnap Sana but there's more to her than just that. I wanted to know what her answer would be when the guy asked him if she had a power that made any wish come true, what she'd wish for, that'd make clear if she really is just acting oblivious to her husband's existence which in reality doesn't exist, but the end proved it wrong and we know she's serious about her situation. I'm curious about this development and the truth about Dreams of Alice and Cards.
Apr 17, 2017 3:53 AM

Aug 2016
Sana doesn't deserve this shit. Despair scenes were okay. Minnie C is a pretty meh character and I don't like her VA at all.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 17, 2017 4:22 AM
Jan 2013
Minnie C powers are probably the most weird/creepy thing I have ever seen in any anime so far :o
Apr 17, 2017 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
boy. when they said "special" place for the pigs, i thought the worst...
Apr 17, 2017 11:18 AM

Oct 2012
jejehartadi said:
Minnie C. is pretty interesting. Glad we got a background of 1 of the antagonist.
gust11 said:

I think they're the same person, as she said that she already met Sana before. Also her voice is similar with the ponytail woman in ep 1. Perhaps the long hair was a wig or it's the effect of her power.
That's true, perhaps it was a disguise of some sort. I guess it is weird, considering in the OP (iirc) she didn't show up so maybe it is the same person. I assume they'll address that point within the next couple of episodes
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 17, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2008
lol Carl's Jr. product placement is different from the usual inverted McDonalds logo. whatever, ya gotta pay the bills somehow. I remember Minnie C when she was trailing Sana at the start I always thought the large hairy arm was odd but it does make sense now it's supposed to be the large muscular arm of her late husband. Sana gets nabbed while on the toilet, damn!
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Apr 17, 2017 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
Minnie C is very skilled, Sana had no chance.
Apr 17, 2017 12:09 PM

Dec 2008
Minnie C is an excellent strategist, but also very stupid. If Sana acts out and Minnie C does kill her, how would Minnie C be able to use Sana's power to bring her husband back? However, I know that's not going to happen because the plot doesn't demand it. Still, just a thought.
Apr 17, 2017 2:44 PM

Jan 2014
Surprised that they didn't change the Carl's Jr. name to something weird.
So them Sasquatch arm powers she got are basically her dead husband's arms??? that's wack af.
Wtf is this a hentai?? Show the man's goddamn face.
tretijApr 17, 2017 2:55 PM
Apr 17, 2017 3:01 PM
Nov 2010
At first I was sad that Tachibana lost her husband and then I realized she wasn't all there and became scared. xD

For the first couple of seconds before she got kidnapped I was confused why Sana was giggling so hard while peeing. Felt like a voyeur xD
Apr 17, 2017 4:07 PM

Aug 2015
I don't know why, but for some reason it's like I just don't care what happens in this show. The chase thingy feels kind of lame and I wish it was more about the characters than this research thingy going on. Looks like cgi cars are here to stay, not a big fan of those.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

114 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 21, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

203 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:32 PM

» Deserves a second season.

Botan-Chan45 - May 3, 2018

2 by Hofner1962 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:11 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2017

50 by cat_of_hell »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.