Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2017 5:50 PM
Jul 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
First half boring, a lot of" star trek physics" - but the one real takeaway is that military dress girl is an unfinished character from the MC's world. That is why she knew him. So I expect to see his catgirl character showing up to take possession of him soon.

Second half was better. Glad to see a male character show up - was thinking they would all be female, glad they weren't.

Magic Girl was well done. She is like a snowflake coming up against reality for the first time, she couldn't accept that the someone would continue to fight after being hurt, since in her world, no one ever is. If the writers want, they can do some awesome character development with her from here on out. A cynical Mahou Shoujo?

So we are still waiting to see the "creators" do something, should happen next episode if they have any sense. I hope they do.

You're likely correct; Himegimi could well be a collaboration between Souta and the girl who committed suicide (or she knew him). Similarly, that catgirl we saw will likely become the key to defeating Himegimi, finished as a counter against her.
Apr 15, 2017 5:55 PM
Jan 2017
Sota's time with Celejia and Meteora allows for a nice amount of character development and explain the relationship between the real world and the worlds of fiction. It's hilarious to see Celejia interact with her creator and Sota has to be the peacemaker. The fight between Celejia and Mamika was amazing, if a bit nasty for the characters. That guy Yuuya is probably gonna be an antagonist of some sort. Hopefully Sota will find a way to smooth things over. Overall, this was a good episode and hopefully the next one will be great too.
Apr 15, 2017 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
Loving that op!

Action is still amazing but overall this was just an ok episode for me. The idea of meeting your creator sounds like a terrible idea.
Apr 15, 2017 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
What is this? Blood? Censor it to make me feel better :P

That's what I thought when it was brought up!

Apr 15, 2017 6:11 PM

Oct 2011
Madoka is here and she got a wake up call. Omg a persona user or stand user
Apr 15, 2017 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
THIS SHOW REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF MUGEN lol
A lot of different characters fighting...paint me interested. The first episode was kinda boring, but this one was really cool.
When the Mahou Shoujo girl noticed that her powers would hurt people and destroy things differently from her own world was priceless.
So now we have THE RIVAL CHARACTER THAT IS DESTINED TO LOSE TO THE MAIN PROTAG. Oh maaaaan, this one is going to be good! Guy has a persona or a spirit, like Shaman King XD

Apr 15, 2017 6:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Totally love that OP! That was epic!

So many interesting fictional characters appearing in the real world. All of them introduced so far were very interesting. Mahou shoujo couldn't believe she's destroying stuff and inflicting real physical damage to her opponents. Celestia is an amazing female fighter. Meteora who is from the Library of the Thousand Miles sure can eat a lot has very powerful magic spells. And the new dude who appeared who claims he's the final boss and he has a Stand OMG was just badass. Oh, and the ED was really nice to watch. :) At the ED, did Meteora just meet a cosplayer cosplaying as her? xD

Incredible show. I'm loving this. It's so awesome. I want the next episode already. >_>;
Apr 15, 2017 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
kristmark1 said:
Intriguing.
In the very beginning of ep1 the boy says he's the narrator (not the MC, so stop calling him that) aaand his telling a story... About characters coming out of stories. Given that armour girl doesn't come from any popular media source in that world, I'm guessing there's even more layers (multilayered shit as Rem points out), the future also being a possibility. It's safe to assume that she and the boy are somehow connected plus they're the only characters to travel between worlds... although I really hope it doesn't turn into one of those "MC finds he's got a hidden power" shows, cause that would be tooooo cliche.
And now we wait to see just how meta this will get.

Also, that sneky looking girl from the op seems like a hilarious character.

Yep, he said so himself in the 1st episode that he's not the MC, he's just the narrator of the story, that happens to be involved directly with the plot. Just an extra acting as the narrator.
よろしく!
Apr 15, 2017 6:52 PM
Dec 2014
Pretty damn good an anime about anime characters meeting their creators in the real world is interesting, and for people who find that idea boring, probably don't watch a lot of anime or many genre of anime.
Apr 15, 2017 7:02 PM
Aug 2013
Did Selesia lost that battle? Why? :/ I hope she'll be stronger later.
Apr 15, 2017 7:11 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
As long as this show doesn't over meta itself, I think I'll enjoy it. Pretty entertaining episode.
Apr 15, 2017 7:14 PM

Oct 2015
Even anime form lux is op op Lol
Apr 15, 2017 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
manaphy022 said:
her "creator" said that's as much as she can do without something with a crazy name that starts with a V .

Weird this show is breaking the Meta so much, Mahou Shoujo about to fight a stand user lol what could go wrong.

just waiting on the Angry Saber clone from the OP to show up
Apr 15, 2017 7:31 PM

Jun 2010
The fact that there are people seriously trying to compare or saying this is similar to Fate/ is some really absurd, insane shit. Talk about trying to fit a completely unrelated round peg into the squarest hole possible.
Apr 15, 2017 7:32 PM
Nov 2015
manaphy022 said:

she lost her mech that she should be summon able.
Apr 15, 2017 7:40 PM

Aug 2015
I can't figure out whether this is a deconstruction anime or just and anime with deconstruction themes. Deconstructions are when common archetypes are placed into a more realistic setting, and this is literally taking common template characters and putting them into the real world. I already knew this was gonna be a meta show when I read the description, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of the concepts they dive into.
Apr 15, 2017 7:48 PM
Apr 2016
I didn't expect a stand to show up...

Actually this is getting good just let's hope things don't turn on the wrong way AKA bad management of the script.
Apr 15, 2017 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
I love how the characters aren't limited to anime and manga but also come from video games.
It's interesting to see how these different genres of stories interact and clash with each other; Mamika being traumatized by the violence she caused was a real eye-opener, and now with Yuuya in the scene, it's probably gonna get even more delightful.
It's also interesting to see the characters want to meet their creators and give them a piece of their mind. I really hope the show continues to stretch out its potential to the absolute fullest, since it has the most I've seen in a while, and since it's an original anime, then it's almost limitless.
One complaint I do have was the seeming lack of witnesses when there's a big fight happening, seeing as how the city was completely barren when Celestia and Mamika were fighting. But, since they're pretty much fighting out in the open with no regard for secrecy, I'm sure it'll cause a stir soon enough. Overall, this was a really good episode with lots of good interaction and exposition.

P.S.: I want a poster of Celestia's photo.
Apr 15, 2017 8:12 PM

Oct 2013
Selastia displaying an awesome way of getting beaten up and looking cool while winning mentally vs Mamika who looked like an overpowered kid(alright,she actually is one...) throwing a tantrum when things don't go her way.

And I know I'm gonna love the last boss dude.
Apr 15, 2017 8:23 PM
Jul 2014
katsu044 said:
manaphy022 said:
her "creator" said that's as much as she can do without something with a crazy name that starts with a V .

Weird this show is breaking the Meta so much, Mahou Shoujo about to fight a stand user lol what could go wrong.

Her creator said that she's reached the limit of what she can do without her mecha (vogelkavalier).

just waiting on the Angry Saber clone from the OP to show up

Next episode, judging by PV3. Rest of cast will likely show up as well. Demon girl with the yellow eyes is pretty creepy.

AvidAnimeViewer said:
I can't figure out whether this is a deconstruction anime or just and anime with deconstruction themes. Deconstructions are when common archetypes are placed into a more realistic setting, and this is literally taking common template characters and putting them into the real world. I already knew this was gonna be a meta show when I read the description, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of the concepts they dive into.

Seems like they're taking meta and having the characters deconstruct each others' metas to varying extents. Celesia's takedown of Mamika was pretty good, and has cemented this show as "must watch" material for me.

redcobra said:
manaphy022 said:

she lost her mech that she should be summon able.

Incoming mid-season upgrade flag.

G_Spark233 said:
Loving that op!

Action is still amazing but overall this was just an ok episode for me. The idea of meeting your creator sounds like a terrible idea.

I found that the OP matched poorly with its visuals. My only true criticism of the show so far.

Re: "meeting creator sounds terrible." I think that's the point. This anime revolves around that idea, what it means to have free will, "revenge against the gods," and the concept of "meeting your maker/self insert" more generally. Meteora's opinion of "we have to return to our worlds" is one side of this, and the least belligerent. Other opinions will undoubtedly be debated throughout the show; who would willingly return to their world, knowing that in doing so they would be stripped of their free will and awareness, dominated by an unseen hand?

Himegimi is on the polar opposite of the scale, masking an effort to achieve dominion in the world of the gods with a unifying "revenge upon the gods" call to justice. Mamika is more towards the center of the scale, believing that she can exert force to get her creator to rewrite her world. Celesia is to further to the center, wanting to negotiate, while both Yuuya and (judging by PV3) Chikuko seem to represent a third take that wishes to remain in the world, free of constraints.
Apr 15, 2017 8:26 PM
Jul 2014
SmugAnimeBoy said:
I love how the characters aren't limited to anime and manga but also come from video games.
It's interesting to see how these different genres of stories interact and clash with each other; Mamika being traumatized by the violence she caused was a real eye-opener, and now with Yuuya in the scene, it's probably gonna get even more delightful.
It's also interesting to see the characters want to meet their creators and give them a piece of their mind. I really hope the show continues to stretch out its potential to the absolute fullest, since it has the most I've seen in a while, and since it's an original anime, then it's almost limitless.
One complaint I do have was the seeming lack of witnesses when there's a big fight happening, seeing as how the city was completely barren when Celestia and Mamika were fighting. But, since they're pretty much fighting out in the open with no regard for secrecy, I'm sure it'll cause a stir soon enough. Overall, this was a really good episode with lots of good interaction and exposition.

P.S.: I want a poster of Celestia's photo.

There were already people recording Mamika's transformation on their cellphones and tablets. Others were clearly recording outside before debris started to fall.
Apr 15, 2017 8:39 PM

Mar 2014
...so i guess Magical girls are gonna be shat on this series... i mean, sure magical girls actually solve problems without fighting more often than these battle royal IPs, but who cares truly. Love that they didnt sexualize her tho.

putting that aside wow, this magical girl sure can fight. those reflexes, that speed, those trapping tactics, and that explosive power. really hope she has more than three attacks tho :U really wanna see her fight the stand-user... as soon as she gets over godamn bleeding...
AzuStarApr 15, 2017 8:54 PM
Apr 15, 2017 9:03 PM

Nov 2011
The new guy is cool, he either have a Stand,Persona or a friggin Shaman.

Apr 15, 2017 9:06 PM

Sep 2014
I hope an isekai mc/reincarnator or a character like that appears.
Apr 15, 2017 9:14 PM
Jul 2014
AzuStar said:
...so i guess Magical girls are gonna be shat on this series... i mean, sure magical girls actually solve problems without fighting more often than these battle royal IPs, but who cares truly. Love that they didnt sexualize her tho.

putting that aside wow, this magical girl sure can fight. those reflexes, that speed, those trapping tactics, and that explosive power. really hope she has more than three attacks tho :U really wanna see her fight the stand-user... as soon as she gets over godamn bleeding...

Alisteria pops up next to fight Yuuya and save Mamika.

Dninja said:
I hope an isekai mc/reincarnator or a character like that appears.

Theoretically Gunpuku no Himegimi fulfills both of those roles.
Apr 15, 2017 9:46 PM
Jan 2015
Ok, this is officially my favorite new anime this season.
My Queens

Apr 15, 2017 9:48 PM

Jul 2015
Reverberate said:
Great episode. It's really interesting so far with the concept of creators and their creations brought to the real world. Also want to get my hands on the OST and music, ugh.

Same. The music is so amazing
Apr 15, 2017 10:02 PM

Feb 2016
When is luffy coming out?
Apr 15, 2017 10:05 PM

Nov 2013
Plot:
Liked the way this is turning. I thought that all the cast would be MCs so I found Yuuya (the violet hair guy) really refreshing, also the russian/german like character looked really cool. Though, being more critic, i found the reactions of Celestia and Meteora to discovering that themselves and their respective worlds were created by the whims of a human a little too mild.

Music:
Like last time nice OP, I quite liked gravity walls. This time they cut it to 1:30 as usual and I found the end a little abrupt but still, it was good. Sadly I found the ED way below my expectations, at least in Aldnoah I preferred (by a big margin) Aliez than Heavenly Blue.
At the end I found that the song I liked the most was the inserted song, featured both in this and the previous episode.

SeiignApr 15, 2017 10:52 PM
Apr 15, 2017 10:08 PM

Sep 2011
I had set my expectations for this series pretty low but it looks like Hiroe will deliver. So far, these first two episodes are real good. This is definitely looking like AOTS. Mamika was better than I expected, edgelord has his own stand and Rem...err Meteora is adorable.
Apr 15, 2017 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
First half was a bit boring, but it definitely picked up in the second half!
Apr 15, 2017 10:23 PM
Apr 2017
So ummm, all the characters can fly? I guess that old guy is the only one that cannot fly?
Btw, first 2 episode is great
Looking forward for next episode
Apr 15, 2017 10:30 PM
Jul 2014
darksidemlz said:
So ummm, all the characters can fly? I guess that old guy is the only one that cannot fly?
Btw, first 2 episode is great
Looking forward for next episode

No. Normal humans cannot fly. The anime characters can. Souta was simply dragged along by Celesia in the first episode.
Apr 15, 2017 10:35 PM

Apr 2011
Next ep has to be good. three eps rule.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 15, 2017 11:05 PM

Jan 2016
I can't wait to see Selesia reaction to Kamille Zeta Gundam and compares them.
Apr 15, 2017 11:14 PM

Oct 2008
If that new guy shouted "persona!" it wouldn't feel out of place at all xd

I like the idea of getting the creator involved this early.

Will probably take awhile to get to the meat of things with this show being 22 episodes.
Apr 15, 2017 11:17 PM

Sep 2015
I'm assuming that's Himegimi was created by the glasses girl in episode 1, who is Souta's sister or close friend. That girl (let's call her Girl A) collaborated with Souta to make the character "Himegimi"- perhaps Girl A made the story, and Souta drew the artwork. Himegimi is upset because her story was left unfinished after Girl A commit suicide, and she potentially wants Souta to finish it. I'd also imagine that if this was the case, Himegimi is bitter and resentful towards the creators, hence her wanting a revolution.

Apr 15, 2017 11:32 PM

Feb 2017
I can't feel anything about this series just yet. I couldn't grasp all the information at once. The first half was making me bored so I didn't pay any real attention to the second half so I didn't know what happened, really. Especially why this girl (with love attacks) attacked this woman (that lost with sword). Look at me, I couldn't even remember the names. It was an okay episode for me, the fight scene saved it. Also thank God that Souta isn't the MC and the kind, please make him only to narrate, because he's not interesting at all.
Apr 15, 2017 11:33 PM
Feb 2015
Looking at the OP I am already forming opinions about some of the characters already. Girl with the slasher smile = keep away with a 10 foot pole unless absolutely necessary. Magical girl : Potential Madoka Tomoe 2.0 psychotic break down here. Yuya might ally himself with Himegime just for the lolz seeing as to how he is by nature somewhat inclined to be evil. The old man with the gun= potential 3rd party with his own agenda.

The second episode at least does not disappoint, we already seeing how chaotic the situation can be, how differently the characters will take stock on how their worlds are dictated on the whim of a writer at the stroke of a pen. Problem here is that even if the creators decides to change their stories for the better, it might create other backlashes. The characters as they are now might cease to exists or even worse assuming if the story world's existence depends on the interests of the readers's to continue (like how a writer will only write if there is money to be made). Then a bland and uninteresting story where everyone lives happily ever after with no hardships will potentially doom the world in question.

P.S : If a character's power is dictated by their creators, then I can only assume that Himegime's power to transcend reality and fiction is given to her by her creator from the start. Maybe her entire story was one where a fictional character realized that her entire existence is one big drama show, written by (maybe) the girl in glasses in a moment of depression.

PPS : Perhaps even more interesting will be how the creator's themselves might influence the real world through their writing, now that the characters are arriving into the real world. Writing a chapter about them in it might influence events in the real world as well, like maybe Selejia's creator might help her by recreating the giant mecha in the real world by just writing it down.
Viktor_OtakuApr 15, 2017 11:40 PM
Apr 15, 2017 11:58 PM

May 2009
episode 2 conveniently gave plop.
plot = main char -> supporting char
disappoint...
just like power rangers in suits, except give each one a different color lol...
Apr 16, 2017 12:01 AM

Jan 2015
Time to meet the "Creator" plus show if Celesia the real deal by fight against magical girl (?)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 16, 2017 12:12 AM

Dec 2013
The OP and ED were top notch. I loved the use of another Sawano Hiroyuki song, seriously the only thing good about the disastrous Aldnoah series.

I'm betting that the animators enjoyed the shit out of getting to play with so many different genres of characters, but to be honest it's starting to become a bit of a clutter here. What I do appreciate though, is the fact that each character understands that the world that they're from is fundamentally different from that of the other characters. That little talk about Mamika's world not having pain or blood whilst Celestia's does was one of the highlights for me in terms of understanding how each of the girls think. I get the feeling that Mamika's brain is going to fry what with her initial settings not being compatible with the destruction that she's wreaking.

That said, the new dude, Yuuya, looks the type to not care where he is and will enjoy killing things regardless. Worried how his appearance will affect the rest of this battle. And just whose side is he on anyway?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 16, 2017 12:35 AM

Jun 2016
L-Ryoshi said:

That little talk about Mamika's world not having pain or blood whilst Celestia's does was one of the highlights for me in terms of understanding how each of the girls think.

It's not so much that Mamika's world had no pain or blood, since she was clearly aware of what those were, it's that her powers don't usually cause damage to people. Similarly to Meotora, whose restoration magic didn't work, the world obviously messes with their abilities somewhat.

That said, the new dude, Yuuya, looks the type to not care where he is and will enjoy killing things regardless. Worried how his appearance will affect the rest of this battle. And just whose side is he on anyway?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Mamika will deal with someone bearing unreasonable and selfish malice towards her, like Yuya.
Apr 16, 2017 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
holyshi..
I got goosebumps everytime the soundtrack kicks in
1st half is bad maybe because the heavy dialogue, but it got better in 2nd half
Apr 16, 2017 12:41 AM

Oct 2012
kofmaster said:
I lost count of the times the fourth wall was broken during this episode.

Mamika is like a Madoka/Sakura/Nanoha fusion, was funny how the Mahpou Shoujo tropes were used (even befriends)

buyusetna said:

thats how its works on her world, she attacks people who disagree to her and eventually makes them submit to her after defeating to her since people cant be killed in her magical girl show for kids world. she thought selestia as villain

Indeed, AKA the Nanoha way.
Just shoot up some Starlight Breakers man. Instant friends

It was a decent episode, I was interested by the conflicting laws of each character's respective worlds. Mamika being confronted by the harsh reality that she never had to experience in her own world was good to see, and I liked seeing just how different everyone's ideologies and methodologies were as a result of their setting and world story.

On a separate note, people have been noting how there seems to be an MC side vs Himegimi side, and while I don't mind it really, I would still be sad to not see any of the other characters, like Mamika, Blitz, Alisteria and Makagami, ever get to have normal interactions with the MC's side.
Even going off of the ending, it seems pretty likely there will be sides, though perhaps they're just avoiding showing the other four until the second ED? A guy can hope I suppose.
I just hope that the four who are ostensibly on Himegimi's side get an equal amount of spotlight and focus because they all interest me to some degree. I'd especially like to see Himegimi's story
gust11Apr 16, 2017 12:52 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 16, 2017 12:49 AM
Nov 2014
While I enjoyed the episode, it feels like this show is bleeding potential. Selejia and Meteora seem to have gotten accustomed to modern Japan far too quickly, and did not interact with the general citizenry. We missed out on a great chance to explore their light novel and game respectively, and instead were given an unwarranted philosophical dissertation on how alternate worlds might arise. Souta's script is also too generic despite having some interesting qualities to his background and interests. I'm quite worried that the show will run out of steam from burning away interesting content it could have explored.
Apr 16, 2017 12:53 AM
Jul 2016
damn son! i hope celestia will become stronger! she gets beaten by that annoying loli girl! hope that yuuya guy beat the sh*t out of her
Apr 16, 2017 12:54 AM

Jan 2013
The first half was a little slow with exposition. But the second half was great.
Apr 16, 2017 2:21 AM
Jan 2016
Paul said:
It's a shame these characters aren't actual characters from real series, the connection between viewers and the show would be so much stronger.

Who knows? If Re:Creators becomes popular enough they might create spinoff titles based on each of the characters.
Apr 16, 2017 2:25 AM
Mar 2017
Mamika was great. Especially in the battle. It would be nice to know more about her. I hope, that Mamika will overcome her weaknesses and will become stronger.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

267 by Code0018 »»
Jan 10, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.