Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 15, 2017 4:47 PM
May 2015
TragicRomance said:
Okay I hate the "10,000,000" idea. Like. That's... wow. You want the person who's in the 1st position to lose that much? Cheap as hell and unfair as hell. I hate it. So much that I wanna drop it. Like how's that good writing. Gags like these don't make me laugh. Shame when I liked the rest of the episode.

Giving him 1 million points doesn't actually make him much more likely to lose though. Every person has 3 headbands. And the only thing that matters is how many points the team has at the end. So if he teams up with 2 other people with many points he could win even if his own headband gets stolen. Really all it means is that the person with the 10 mill headband wins no matter what, nothing else. And since Deku starts with that headband, not losing it means he automatically wins. So Deku actually has the easiest way to win.
Apr 15, 2017 5:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
THIS was the episode I've been waiting for! It was incredible! I cheered for Deku the entire time. Episodes like this is why I love this series.

It was great to see Deku use his brains while trying to save his quirk for later battles. The next episode is going to be a lot of fun. Reading the manga chapter was a blast.

Also seeing Best Mom cheering gives me life.
Apr 15, 2017 5:25 PM

Mar 2011
We can all agree Mineta was the real fucking winner of this round.
Poor Midoriya, just when he finally won he sees he's in a real trouble.
Waiting for next episode
PLUS ULTRA
Apr 15, 2017 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
Time for some Class B hype!
Apr 15, 2017 8:04 PM
Apr 2016
What a great episode this was. Deku came first, YAAAY. But, that is going to backfire him now because he is given ten million points lol. I cannot wait for the next episode. 5/5. Also, Happy Easter everyone!!!
Apr 15, 2017 8:38 PM

Aug 2016
Lol, ten million point for Midorin, rest in peace

Set by SenpieX
Apr 15, 2017 8:39 PM

Jul 2015
THAT WAS PRETTY DANG NICE. Midoriya did amazing considering he's the only person there who can't use any of his abilities like he wants. But that was an awesome idea he had there, and it made me happy. Really happy. But Bakugo looked pissed at the fact he was third. And that was heck of an ending there. Wonder who he's gonna end up teaming with for this next part, if anybody at all.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 15, 2017 8:57 PM

Aug 2008
So far so good. LOL! Poor Midoriya.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 15, 2017 8:58 PM

Apr 2013
Really entertaining episode
Poor Midoriya, a bit curious who would want to be on his team
Apr 15, 2017 10:08 PM

Aug 2016
Amazing episode, extremely exciting. This anime don't stop surprising me, I really want the next episodes come out soon!!

10/5

Apr 15, 2017 10:34 PM

Jul 2016
Amazing strategy of Deku. Next episode of him without teammates vs. everyone, looking forward on how he will handle his situation. Strategy, Strategy, Strategy, Plus Ultra.
Apr 15, 2017 11:20 PM
May 2010
I wanted to say Tenya looking silly while crossing the fall is my favorite scene, but Izuku and All might scene is very powerful event when they aren't saying anything to each other.
Apr 15, 2017 11:23 PM

Aug 2007
Now this was excellent... loved not only Midoriya's ingenuity but Kacchan and Todoroki's heated battle for first for most of the race. Great stuff. The cavalry battle should be interesting and I look forward to the character interactions there. That said.. 10 million points? Really? How's it go from 5-point increments to... that???
Apr 15, 2017 11:32 PM
Sep 2012
The whole ten million points thing seems fine to me. It's kind of how All Might is at the top and there are those that keep eyeing the top. Gives the whole feeling of immense pressure between peers. Trying to stay at the top would require a lot of effort and skill.

Anyway, great episode. I like how Bones added scenes for the other characters. 5/5 from me.
Apr 16, 2017 12:25 AM

Sep 2013
I'm just glad they nailed the landmine scene since it's where Deku begins to become actually cool
Apr 16, 2017 12:50 AM

Feb 2015
Man, this is amazing.

This was an excellent showing for Deku and now he steps into the Cool Shoes. So glad this is back with 25 episodes going to be amazing...
Apr 16, 2017 1:34 AM
Apr 2016
Awesome episode, but the season would be 10 times better if they used the music from season 1
Apr 16, 2017 1:39 AM

Jul 2013
TragicRomance said:
Okay I hate the "10,000,000" idea. Like. That's... wow. You want the person who's in the 1st position to lose that much? Cheap as hell and unfair as hell. I hate it. So much that I wanna drop it. Like how's that good writing. Gags like these don't make me laugh. Shame when I liked the rest of the episode.

It's not just a gag though. The number represents the amount of pressure put on you, if you were the number one hero. Also the pressure of trying to keep that spot as all the other heroes are also vying for that spot.

It's basically the amount of pressure All Might has to deal with on a daily basis.
Everyone expects big things from you, and every day All Might is trying to meet those expectations as the "Symbol of Peace".

They will go over that "pressure" part in the first part of the next episode.
Apr 16, 2017 2:17 AM

Jun 2013
oh shit he's fucked lol
Apr 16, 2017 5:48 AM

May 2010
SandyBoi said:
TragicRomance said:

It's not just a gag though. The number represents the amount of pressure put on you, if you were the number one hero. Also the pressure of trying to keep that spot as all the other heroes are also vying for that spot.

It's basically the amount of pressure All Might has to deal with on a daily basis.
Everyone expects big things from you, and every day All Might is trying to meet those expectations as the "Symbol of Peace".

They will go over that "pressure" part in the first part of the next episode.

Hmm I like this explanation. But the difference between 1st and 2nd shouldn't be this much... or should it? Maybe I am overreacting. But even a 1000-10000 point bounty would have sufficed.
Apr 16, 2017 5:55 AM
Oct 2007
Tinge of goosebumps felt!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
My god I love Midoriya now, like he used to be really annoying, but now he's only slightly annoying, but he's so cool!

God damn he dg his own grave though lol.

I'm thinking Ochako, Pink haired support and Tsu are going to be on his team. HAREM FTW!!! lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
Cool episode, Deku's mom is so cute!!!
I was not expecting Deku to win and the last was kinda funny xD

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Apr 16, 2017 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
nurBAW said:
can someone explain this?

Why there's two invisible people? was it mistake made by the studio or not? I'm pretty sure hagakure was number 38 due to her boob, so who's number 40?

Tooru Hakagure is the Invisible girl, she actually got a little more screen time in episodes 1 and 2 which I enjoyed.

And the other's name is Manga Fukidashi...I dont have much info on him lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2014
5/5 epic episode

No comment just pure epicness

Plus Ultra !
Apr 16, 2017 11:55 AM

Mar 2009
Fun fact:
Mineta in polish means Cunnilingus. When someone yell "Mineta!!" it's double hillarious.
The more you know
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Apr 16, 2017 12:32 PM
Jan 2017
episodio sensacional.
Estou agora esperando o próximo episodio.
E mais um episodio!
Apr 16, 2017 12:43 PM

May 2014
Damn that was a good episode, the hype for the next episode is real, can't wait for Deku to turn the odds.
MoonStar9 said:
I like Hatsume's voice. Unique for a crazy character like her. Bones may drag a lot of scenes out with flashbacks but they certainly know how to deliver on hype moments. I forgot a lot of things I read from these chapters but I do know they were what got me super invested so I can't wait to see what's to come.

All the same here, I totally forgot what the next event would be and what the team-ups would be like.
Apr 16, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2017
10 MILLION!!! That's too much crazy lol
Karasuno Fight!!!
Apr 16, 2017 4:16 PM
Apr 2014
FINALLY!!! I was so hyped after the last episode and really regretted that I watched the ep immediately as it was available(the same will probably happen today but it's a vicious cycle. I can't wait any longer to watch this)

wow that was amazing xD Midoriya won without using his abilities and now he's fucked :D I was hoping some people of the higher ranks would team up but I guess with Todoroki and Bakugou that's too much to ask. They'd never team up with each other and both want to beat Midoriya. Seriously that second game... The rules are definitely set up against the leading positions. Even if Midoriya could use his abilities they are not the best for that kind of game. I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt he has any chance to win this game. Getting to the next round is really all I think he'll achieve this time.
Apr 16, 2017 5:59 PM

Jun 2015
It was stupid on some parts but still. This episode is a lot better paced than the ones before. It feels like season 1 which is great.
I'm excited for the next episode.
Apr 16, 2017 6:44 PM

Jul 2016
Wow. Izuku made it look so easy. This is extremely unrealistic though, he beat the two best students of Class A with a mere shield. That's shounen for you.

Hmm...despite the fact that I really like Todoroki, for some reason I was cheering for Bakugou to get first, and I don't even like him that much.
Apr 16, 2017 7:31 PM

Oct 2008
Oh My God!
Another AWESOME EPISODE!
Deku's smart plan indefinitely became his way from being 0 to hero 1st place!
That shield thing and collecting all those mines so that it would blast all the way was a billian idea! very lucky of Deku since he hasn't shown his Quirk!
Look at all those hostile red eyes pointing directly only to Midoriya Izuku! LOLZ!
The point value of the 1st place is a humongous 10 million points! You're in deep shit and so much pressure now Izuku!
5/5!

Apr 16, 2017 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
SoraSenpai said:

Tooru Hakagure is the Invisible girl, she actually got a little more screen time in episodes 1 and 2 which I enjoyed.

Yep. Manga Fukidashi. According to the wiki his head is a speech bubble lol.
His Quirk is called Comic - but we don't know what it is or how it works.

TragicRomance said:

Hmm I like this explanation. But the difference between 1st and 2nd shouldn't be this much... or should it? Maybe I am overreacting. But even a 1000-10000 point bounty would have sufficed.

I agree it shouldn't be that large. Personally I think there's many issues with the current hero society, but I'll let you come to your own conclusions as the anime expands on that.

I think it's representative of how the hero rankings are right now.
SandyBoiApr 16, 2017 10:14 PM
Apr 17, 2017 1:22 AM

Mar 2009
lol at that new girl acting all flashy and stuff and then she manages to come in second to last place. What happened?!

Ridiculously clever stuff from Deku. Loved the whole minefield sequence. And that music always makes it so hype.

Can we please delete Mineta from the series? I really hate that little guy. He serves absolutely no purpose, besides hitting on the girls.
Apr 17, 2017 5:14 AM

May 2010
SandyBoi said:
SoraSenpai said:

Yep. Manga Fukidashi. According to the wiki his head is a speech bubble lol.
His Quirk is called Comic - but we don't know what it is or how it works.

TragicRomance said:

I agree it shouldn't be that large. Personally I think there's many issues with the current hero society, but I'll let you come to your own conclusions as the anime expands on that.

I think it's representative of how the hero rankings are right now.

Hmm thanks for being understanding. Guess I will stick for a little while longer (or more, depending on what happens next)
Apr 17, 2017 5:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Midoriya wins this first game, although in the second he will have a complicate :/
The strategy in the mines zone was inteligent, but lucky!!!
Apr 17, 2017 5:50 AM

Jan 2011
That moment when Deku realised how fucked he was.
Apr 17, 2017 11:44 AM

May 2016
Booiii that jump was leet
Apr 17, 2017 12:23 PM

Mar 2014
Really well done, loved this episode.
Apr 17, 2017 4:08 PM

Jan 2017
What a great episode, I really felt excited when Midoriya flew over everybody (*o*)
Apr 17, 2017 6:46 PM

Jun 2016
DEKU HYYYPE! It made me so nostalgic I almost teared up. Saw that jump coming from a mile away, which just made it all the more satisfying that Deku used that plan.
Apr 17, 2017 7:34 PM

Jan 2014
I CAN'T STAND WAITING EACH WEEK FOR A NEW EPISODE WHEN I JUST WANT TO MARATHON THE SHIT OUT OF THIS.

Poor Deku. I'm sure some of his friends will come to his aid though.
Apr 17, 2017 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
Wow! Unbeliavable! what a episode last two went! Especially they have to do with my favorite anime: YYH,HxH theme.Cool! Has almost exceeded my expectation so quickly!

Hmm.... another good episode as usual.4.5/5 for this, shame that first four mintue spend using flashback and OP.

Additionally:

* Looks like Deku got extra pressure for the 10 mil, haha
* Deku's rivals got heated up even more, haha
* I didn't expect that flashy guy to be last!, haha

what a amusing experience and there is so much thing in one episode, even tho most time consumed on flashbacks.I already can guess at this point who'll team up with Deku on next round.
removed-userApr 17, 2017 8:29 PM
Apr 17, 2017 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
My god Mei's voice was perfect, and it's incredible that it's only her VA's first role. Can't wait to see her more, I've been so hyped to finally see her animated.
Shradow115Apr 17, 2017 9:54 PM
Apr 18, 2017 12:09 AM
Apr 2017
Stark700 said:
One thing I really like about this sports festival contest is that almost every character gets some spotlight with their quirk so it isn't pushing any single character to the moon with their abilities.

Ofc, Bakugo would go in and try take the most spotlight himself. Nothing surprising there.

Todoroki impressed me the a lot this episode but it's Deku that impressed me the most with his clever thinking. These kids making their parents proud!

Got the excitement I had expected from the competition so far. I'm also glad to hear one of my favorite OST from the previous season return this episode.

What OST are you talking about?
Apr 18, 2017 5:35 AM

Jul 2015
Well, Deku, you're screwed boi.

Yo college can you stop killing me lol

ProfileListMusicDog

Apr 18, 2017 6:29 AM
Apr 2017
Stark700 said:
One thing I really like about this sports festival contest is that almost every character gets some spotlight with their quirk so it isn't pushing any single character to the moon with their abilities.

Ofc, Bakugo would go in and try take the most spotlight himself. Nothing surprising there.

Todoroki impressed me the a lot this episode but it's Deku that impressed me the most with his clever thinking. These kids making their parents proud!

Got the excitement I had expected from the competition so far. I'm also glad to hear one of my favorite OST from the previous season return this episode.

What OST are you talking about?
Apr 18, 2017 12:38 PM

Nov 2016
Wow! This episode was just awesome it's filled with hype. Midoriya get's fired up then he gets the first place so he was happy but the price for that was so unhappy for him xD "Who ever beats the first gets the most points" Haha love this episode.
Apr 18, 2017 5:05 PM

Jul 2014
Man this show just knows how to keep you hyped and covered in goosebumps.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.