Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 14, 2017 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, really catchy OP song! I really like the way style they used for this.

Idk why but the episode had a weird pacing. We did get to see Azazel though. Man, I miss this guy so seeing more of him was refreshing. There's also some gladiator action again (wonder how many more of those we'll see...)

Some characters are also so evil in this show with their desires...
Much more serious episode compared to the first imo. ED song is cute~
Stark700Apr 14, 2017 11:58 AM
Apr 14, 2017 11:32 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

OP is ez contender for opening of the year.

ED is pretty freakin good and cute.

DatRandomDudeApr 14, 2017 11:38 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 14, 2017 1:12 PM

Jan 2015
Nice OP, very aesthetically pleasing, especially if you're a fan of red xD
I was hoping the music cut would include more of the chorus we hear at the end, cause I find the middle part a bit underwhelming.

What's hilarious is, not a single shot of Favaro xD Heck, there's basically only 4 characters in the entire OP. The only place we get a glimpse of him is in the ED in the background (is that a hint that he's captive somewhere ?)
Basically reinforces my opinion that he won't come into play for a while. Maybe there'll be a second OP for the summer cour.
Apr 14, 2017 3:30 PM

May 2013
LET IT END! LET IT END! LET IT EEEEEEEND! ♪
Apr 14, 2017 3:33 PM

Sep 2016
it's almost midnight here. dont know if i should watch this now or tomorrow
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 14, 2017 3:48 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
OP looks soo good, if ED is as cute as ED for S1 was, then I prefer to save it for when I see the actual episode.
Apr 14, 2017 3:54 PM

Sep 2011
That kid looks pretty OP lol. He was able to cancel the Knights magic. I wonder just WHO that kid is 'cause that power is pretty OP since the king calls him "Holy Child".
Apr 14, 2017 4:08 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Sick OP. Existence was better though song-wise.

Also holy fuck, Muguro! Great fucking shot of him just owning everyone and getting Azazel back. Literally godly powers (''Holy Child''). I wonder where they will go with him.

I'm really rooting for the demons now, Azazel goes for the more brutal approach of killing people to get across that demons are treated like trash. Might not be the best way, i could assume though that there is no other way as the king is completely focused on complete annihalation of the demons, what a fiend.

Kaisar is a little bitch, that's been made really clear here now. He clearly sees that this whole situation is wrong, yet he does nothing about it (scared of losing his standing? biased cause humans get killed, too?)

Really good episode.
Apr 14, 2017 4:25 PM

Dec 2016
Kaisar's JAMEROOO rhymes with FAVAROOO

Great episode, the new plot is currently set up quite well
Apr 14, 2017 4:36 PM

Jun 2015
The OP is amazing. It's the best for this season. The ED is cute. Azazel really hates humans. He even asked Nina to join him. He got surrounded by soldiers, but Muguro saved him by canceling the magic. That was epic. I wonder what the show is going to do with him.
Apr 14, 2017 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not impressed by the new opening. The previous one was better imo.

I thought that kid with Azazel was only a sidekick character, but he seems very important considering king Charioce refered to him as Holy Child and is able to cancel magic.

I wonder if Lucifer is dead considering Azazel says to Nina the hometwon of the demons was destroyed...
Apr 14, 2017 5:03 PM

Apr 2015
Wow the episode went by fast!
Somehow I'm liking Azazel way more this season, so badass. Amd Mugaro holy shit did not expect him to be somebody nonetheless "the holy child"
Seems like were not getting favaro this cour afterall.. wonder if he really is captured somewhere like whats shown in the ed
Apr 14, 2017 5:14 PM
Mar 2017
I like the series but I spent most of the episode wondering where the hell Favaro is.
Apr 14, 2017 5:27 PM

Apr 2015
Venadikt said:
I like the series but I spent most of the episode wondering where the hell Favaro is.
Venadikt said:
in the ed lol. I guess we'll have to wait
Apr 14, 2017 5:50 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
You're my boy and all Kaisar, but I can't respect how you're pretty much the King's bitch....Azazel is right

Looks like I'm 1000% on team supernatural creatures then, this king, these people and their heinous actions need to be stopped and I hope Kaisar can realize this sooner than later

Overall great episode and I found it to be pretty cool that Nina's people can all turn into dragons....Also I wanna learn more about this Holy Child (What happened to him was fucked up tho)

And like I expected, the new OP isn't as good as the first season's but hey, at least it isn't bad
Apr 14, 2017 6:35 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Awesome OP song. Real rocking & love the visuals. Reminds me of the Persona 5 Opening. ED song is nice as well.

A Dragon Village. Now that is cool. Nina blushes so hard.
Rita is the best. So nice to see her again. LOL that punch.
Demon slavery & torture by humans is terrible.

Mugaro has an interesting power.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 14, 2017 6:42 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 14, 2017 8:17 PM

Jun 2014
Eh, not really feeling the OP, Existence was so much better. I really like the last 30 seconds of the song (the chorus part), hopefully it'll grow on me the more I hear it.

Azazel revealing the shit the demons have been dealing with is making me side with them, especially since the king seems to be a complete jackass. I hope Kaisar will eventually realize he's working for a piece of shit and have a change of heart.

I thought that Mugaro kid would be a sidekick, but after seeing the end of this episode, along with him being referred to as a "holy child," I'm really interested in learning more about him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 14, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2015
I didn't really like the OP to be honest, most of it was incoherent gibberish. I gotta admit that this episode Nina was absolutely cute, and from my understanding she turns into a dragon whenever she gets nervous because of a man.

I thought the kid that was with Azazel was a demon, but I guess he's "holy" and dangerous to the King.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 14, 2017 9:12 PM

Jan 2015
The OP's Visual reminds me of Deadpool game. :P
Somehow it's a bit difficult to "Focus" whenever I see Nina's expression. And there's more of it in the Episode.
Mr.Rag Demon, you shouldn't just yelling to Nina like that. Don't you realize that she's already blushed all the time just by looking at your face? You should just talk to her nicely instead. Or maybe with some "sweet" words like any other "Ikemen" does. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 14, 2017 9:33 PM

Sep 2011
Man this show isnt holding back at all, I dont recall the original series ever getting this dark but man its really got my attention so far, So happy theres still 22 episodes of the show left and not just a single cour. Show looks just as great as the first did but now has the slower pacing the first series lacked and some scenes have a genuine atmosphere because of the slower pace.

I also wasnt expecting azazle to wind up being a main character, which this episode and the opening seem to bill him as the deutargonist. Curious where the series will go but I do hope favaro and rita are more than just side characters in the long run though i have a feeling both will be. Kaiser at least seems to be a protagonist still and might undergo some pretty interesting character development.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 14, 2017 9:40 PM

Dec 2013
Always loved the balance and contrast between the OP and ED on this series, just like the previous season. Best grill Rita is back.
mods are cucks
Apr 14, 2017 10:01 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good again.

Nina has a nice family.

That child ha some interesting powers. They saved Azazel.

I wonder when Favaro will appear and what role he will play this time around.
Apr 14, 2017 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
The ED is so good, I love it! Really reminds me of the Flip Flappers ED, which was my favorite ED of the season.
This ED has potential to be my favorite of the season too.

Now that I've expressed how much I love the ED, let's talk about the episode. Nina is a dragon who can turn into human, or is it the other way around? Either way, I'm instantly reminded of Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, which is a good sign, haha. That aspect alone makes her an interesting MC in my book.
Another thing I like about her is her thirstiness, I find it hilarious. There was not a single time I didn't laugh when she blushed upon seeing a man or being touched by one. I don't know, I just find extremely funny. She was even drinking water while blushing, which was a genius way of showing her thirst by the studio.

Moving on, things are getting heated between the humans and the demons, but I honestly don't blame Azazel, they humiliated his kin and are using them as slaves. I'm interested to know more about that holy child (Mugaro), seems like he can nullify the humans' powers on a whim. He was also shown erasing demons with a kiss, which is pretty OP.

Oh, and I can't forget about my girl Rita! She was awesome in this episode tbh. I always like seeing her on screen. <3
Great start Virgin Soul, my expectations are high now. Looking forward to the next episode!

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Apr 14, 2017 11:06 PM

Dec 2016
As much as I want to see my boy, Favaro, back in action, Nina is really growing on me. Really looking forward for more of her in the coming weeks~
Apr 14, 2017 11:29 PM

May 2016
The OP looks and sounds great. I still can't really understand any of it.
Rocky is cute. It must be his overalls that overtake the morbidness of a disembodied hand.
Nina doesn't appear to be like Amira, nor a demon. So far, my best guess is there is just a race ofdragon-shifter a la manaketes in Fire Emblem. The mechanisms of said transformations appears to be related Nina's "heart".
All this talk of demon enslavement leaves me with a question. Where is Lucifer? Being Azazel's brother and king of the demons makes him too important to just die off screen.
Speaking of demons, I love the reveal of the room with the lighting change.
The ED is cute. Favaro appears to be in jail and Amira's "mom" looks like she is going to make an appearence.
TakenMalUsernameApr 14, 2017 11:34 PM
Apr 15, 2017 12:56 AM

Sep 2016
the opening song is almost as wtf as death note 2nd opening lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 15, 2017 1:00 AM

Jan 2013
Another strong episode, straight forward plot so far. Well done.
Apr 15, 2017 1:46 AM

Apr 2014
Interesting episode. I can't wait for my boy Favaro to be back though!
your waifu is shit
Apr 15, 2017 2:15 AM
Apr 2014
Mugaro is an angel/demon hybrid like Amira was? (Look at his eyes)

Favaro is in jail (or enslaved) because of his tail? (Look at his butt)

Love the show so far!
Apr 15, 2017 2:15 AM

Apr 2016
So far I prefer this than the first season :
_ A supposedly bad guy is the MC.
_ A supposedly good guy is on the wrong side.
_ Humans are evil.
_ The female lead has a 16 years old mentality but it's still better than a 5 year old.
_ Rita is here.
_ No favaro : YEEEESSSSS!!! :)

Still, too convenient to put Kaisar and the onyx knights right next to the house of the torturers where Azazel happened to appear that night but well the writing wasn't good either in the first season, so ...

A big death flag is on Azazel, I hope I'm wrong though.

OP is awful but that's just my taste.
Apr 15, 2017 2:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Is this gonna be like good demons and evil humans as a narrative? That's kind of unusual at least if so

Fucking hate the OP though, why the hell is there screamo in an anime ewwwwww

ED wasn't bad
Apr 15, 2017 2:24 AM

Sep 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Is this gonna be like good demons and evil humans as a narrative? That's kind of unusual at least if so

Fucking hate the OP though, why the hell is there screamo in an anime ewwwwww

ED wasn't bad
no it's about weak demon and strong human

strong > weak
CrossAnge

Apr 15, 2017 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
the OP too much red but i love it!
Apr 15, 2017 3:38 AM

Jan 2016
Why is this anime so underrated? Terrific episode, great to see Azazel back.

That little demon who's with Azazel is playing an ocarina, I LOVE OCARINAS!
(Obviously because of ocarina of time)
Apr 15, 2017 4:32 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Venadikt said:

In the ED lel
Looks like he got captured or something. (30 seconds in the ED)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 15, 2017 4:35 AM
Oct 2007
Another good episode but I miss Favaro for a bit.

Holy child probably belongs to the god realm where the human King and his army conquered at the very beginning of episode 1. Azazel most likely mistaken his partner as a demon too.

This season seems to be bringing human, god and demon (where does dragon belongs to here?) together against a common enemy. Dragon seems to have their own category. Very interesting indeed !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2017 4:37 AM

Dec 2015
Excellent episode. Liked Mugaro at the end with his powers. Also king + those onyx knights are the bad guys. Still no Favaro ... but this might somehow lead to Kaisar getting arrested later (if they don't decide to kill him on sight). Then Favaro coming back rescuing him and all the "good" chars somehow starting to work together. (Favaro might become friends with Nina and Nina connecting the Favaro/Kaisar and Azazel/Mugaro groups together.)

I'm wondering about that secret behind Ninas powers (no demon but true dragons and it isn't known to others that there is a village full of them - so they need to hide it?)

Those letters Nina is writing back might later lead to that whole dragon village coming to join helping Nina and the others against the king. (Or king discovers something and attacks the village and the main party moves there to help defending.)

Looking forward to the next episodes. This + Natsume Yuujinchou are the best anime this season.
Apr 15, 2017 4:46 AM

Jan 2013
The op is stunning
Apr 15, 2017 5:06 AM
Nov 2015
Disappointing. Looks like they're going for a more edgy show this time around. Where's the lightheartedness and humor of s1? That OP made my ears bleed too, perfect for edgy teenagers I guess.
Apr 15, 2017 5:37 AM

Oct 2014
I hope they turn down her horyness a little, but other then that, looking good *thumbs up*

FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOO!
Apr 15, 2017 6:10 AM

Nov 2011
The episode not only does not disappoint, but on the narrative level, raises big a story that shows elements albeit not entirely innovative, it's interesting. The designs are great, animations too. Backgrounds are rocking, and the opening, but especially the ending, I like a lot. I look forward to the next week with the third episode, I'm liking this too much anime series.

Apr 15, 2017 6:25 AM
Feb 2017
Oh wow, I really loved this episode. I love how it's different than the first season, giving the main lead to the demons this time. Still curious to see how the gods will play a role here. I'm also wondering now if we have like a 4th "race". So far we had humans (which have now gained power), demons (which now are slaves of humans), gods (who humans once prayed for them just for them to attack them when they acquired enough power) and maybe now dragons?

This is totally so interesting, I'm so hyped for the next episodes and I actually think I like this one more than the first season!
Apr 15, 2017 6:48 AM
Jul 2013
terrablu2003 said:
The episode not only does not disappoint, but on the narrative level, raises big a story that shows elements albeit not entirely innovative, it's interesting. The designs are great, animations too. Backgrounds are rocking, and the opening, but especially the ending, I like a lot. I look forward to the next week with the third episode, I'm liking this too much anime series.

Yeah i agree with you
Apr 15, 2017 7:45 AM

Feb 2014
I am not a fan of screamo music so the OP I really dislike but the rest of the show I am absolutely loving!
Apr 15, 2017 7:45 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Illyricus said:
I'm not impressed by the new opening. The previous one was better imo.

I thought that kid with Azazel was only a sidekick character, but he seems very important considering king Charioce refered to him as Holy Child and is able to cancel magic.

I wonder if Lucifer is dead considering Azazel says to Nina the hometwon of the demons was destroyed...

On contrary for me, I loved the OP, but the ED is miles below from S1.

Good question for the kid, he seems to be from the Angels faction from previous season, seeing an Angel and a Demon working together seems interesting in the least for this season.

When they showed the demon capital and no mention to Lucifer I was left with the same question.

Overall I felt episode was a bit better, but I still liked the episode quite enough and the OP really was top production.
I feel that the shows' strengh and weakness will be the pacing, S1 had faster pacing, while stuff here have more time to develop, which I guess will make the difference if they nail this right.

Baha baha baha Soul, see ya next time! (Azazel was so funny there)
Apr 15, 2017 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
The OP is stylish as hell. Reminds me of Persona 5's opening cinematic. Much better than S1's OP.

I like what I'm seeing so far. Racial segregation/demons and gods getting oppressed by the humans is a pretty interesting angle but it's really hard to sympathize with Azazel knowing he killed Favaro's father and ruined Kaiser's family for his own amusement. I wonder if the forbidden power Charioce is using has got to do anything with Bahamut.

Mugoro is obviously an angel. The third PV had already spoiled that but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a possible reincarnation of Michael from season 1.
Apr 15, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
Azazel is a really good character to have as a main.

Definitely better than s1 so far.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 15, 2017 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
They're pulling this off spectacularly.

Love the little montage of Nina's home town, and all the backstory regarding what's happened to demon-kind and the gods is great for filling in the 10 year gap. No surprises there that Azazel and the holy child are working together, what with their join persecution and mutual hatred for the humans. The atrocities wrought on those poor creatures makes me feel bad for being human now :P

Still needs to be explained as to why Kaiser has never graduated from being a king's lapdog, but I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason... hopefully....

Oh, and seriously Nina really knows how to push Azazel's buttons unexpectedly. I laughed so hard when he broke character and yelled at her to follow him. Bishounen or not, that pose was just way too funny!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 15, 2017 10:40 AM

Apr 2017
I'm liking this series a lot. New to the franchise though but I love Azazel's design.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Apr 15, 2017 11:28 AM
Jan 2009
My problem with this anime is that I really can't see Azazel in an heroic (even if anti-heroic) position.

Last season he was the quintessential card calling villain, killing Favaro's father for the lulz, royally fucking Favaro and Kaisar's lives.
Murder and torture were perfectly ok to him when humans were the victims.
And now whe should just accept him in an heroic role because demons are oppressed, without half a comment of self-reflection about his past?

No can do.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.