Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 15, 2017 11:29 AM

But, but! Lefiya is cute! I'm already rooting for her!
Aiz still best girl tho.

Apr 15, 2017 11:32 AM

I like how theres complains about fanservice...whens theres barely any, and I wouldnt even call that fanservice

Apr 15, 2017 11:47 AM

So many things were cut from the manga/LN...
Modified by Mitsui-chan, Apr 15, 2017 12:02 PM

Apr 15, 2017 1:47 PM

It was nice to see Bell at the end. I really liked this first episode, it's interesting to see the other side of the story. Lafiya is a bit useless so far, but I think that she will quickly progress.

Apr 15, 2017 3:12 PM

Pretty meh
boring first episode. I'd rather have Danmachi2 than this

Ais doesn't work as a focus of an entire show. she's a supporting character

Apr 15, 2017 3:35 PM

rizuxizu said:
Hopefully the sub quality improved... and animation quality. This shouldn't be a cash grab, it had the potential to be better than the main series animation wise and story.

I ask as a sincere question, since I usually don't even notice low animation quality: ignoring big showcase scenes, do anime ever substantially improve in overall animation quality after the first episode? People usually say the first is the best, both because the studio may have more time for it, and because it's meant to impress potential viewers.

Apr 15, 2017 3:55 PM

For me it's the reverse To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. While Railgun benefitted from making a supporting character into the MC, this doesn't.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
I don't think about breasts all the time. Only 30 minutes a day. - Aoyama

Apr 15, 2017 4:27 PM

I liked this familia alot more than in the original and I hope this will become better. Leyfia was annoying and I sure hope she will improve or this will suuuuck! But my main reason for watching this is for Tione and Tiona... but mostly Tiona! Amazon twins best yo and they got quite alot of screentime and if they keep appearing as much as in episode 1 I will be satisfied!

Apr 15, 2017 4:34 PM
Lefiya is such a worthless character she already ruined the show for me, I don't think I'm going to like this as much as the first season.

Apr 15, 2017 5:29 PM
"We want a spin off from the poker faced blonde's point of view" - Nobody ever.
Oh wait...Japanese people don't have blondes so you can see where this is going.

Jokes aside I think this is going to be pretty boring. We might see the same things again but from a different point of view which would be rather annoying.

Apr 15, 2017 8:36 PM

Oh boy I sure hope I didn't need to finish watching the first season of this to watch this one. I watched like 4 episodes and then just kind of stopped caring and never continued it again, though I don't remember why. This was pretty awesome, much better than I expected it to be anyway.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Apr 15, 2017 9:13 PM

Such a shame that this is really only going to be another perspective of S1...

I really was hoping for a S2
May our fates intertwine verily. - Noragami

Apr 15, 2017 9:34 PM

While I liked the first episode of this spin-off, I'd rather have a second season to be honest.

Apr 15, 2017 10:52 PM

Dear Sakura,

I know Naruto has ended, but we don't need useless character here.

Thank you.

A whole episode with a useless mc with a case of self-pity. Yep, dropped.

Apr 16, 2017 3:03 AM

Lefiya is such an annoying little scaredy cat!
yey! Bell Cranel appeared! so that's what happened before Ains saved Bell...
4/5.

Apr 16, 2017 5:11 AM

I hope they don't spend too much time with Lefiya constantly being scared.

Apr 16, 2017 5:44 AM
DragoonDeus said:
They cut so much out of the start of the manga even cutting out the huge monster they have to deal with. I don't think they will revisit the cut out bits either as they already made them go above ground again....
The large scale battles were also underwhelming and did not really showcase an entire familia fighting in some of the deepest explored floors of the dungeon. Instead they did these half assed solo fights with a few monsters around single people.

Honestly go read the first 4 chapters of the manga to see what you really missed out on because this is a very solid spin off and the manga is definitely worth a read. The spin off novel is also licensed in English which i also intend to read later. I was waiting for this anime but this first episode sure took the wind out of my sails.

I read the manga too and I feel the same way. Hopefully if this anime is as good as the manga then we're in for a treat.

Apr 16, 2017 6:08 AM
Maki's arms

Action and a ton of fanservice. I miss Bell as the MC, the magician girl doesn't do much for me. And Ais, as beautiful and perfect character design she has, doesn't really capture your imagination too much. She's too quiet and reserved.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2017 6:53 AM

A wide array of boobs this episode. Flat boobs, big boobs, side boobs, you name it.

Oh the episode itself, it was alright.

Apr 16, 2017 9:02 AM

Good to see the story from Ais' perspective. Maybe, I can this way understand her better. btw Ais' sulking face at the end of the episode was so kawaii lol

Apr 16, 2017 2:29 PM

Oh cool, so we ended with Aiz saving Bell from the minotaur like in the first episode

Apr 16, 2017 4:31 PM

This could have been awesome, if not for the useless elf... I know we have to have another MC for the sake of contrast cause Aiz barely talks, but come on, could there be another one instead of the typical wimpy MC trope(in this case female)? Like Aiz and the Amazon sisters would be a blast.

Apr 16, 2017 7:24 PM

Doesn't really seem to be headed anywhere just based on this first episode. I feel like I was just thrown into the middle of something and am just expected to roll with it without any context.

It's also not immediately clear who the main protagonist is just based on this episode alone. It feels like everyone is just a side character so far. If it's supposed to be a story about Aiz, I'm not seeing it.

Finally, the action itself was trash. A lot happens, but there's no suspense. It's a bunch of overleveled scrubs wiping out hordes of enemies that randomly appear.

I really hope they don't take too much advantage of the fact that both series share the same events. At the very least it should be like Railgun S, where the same arc told from a different perspective ended up being a huge improvement, both in the story and the visuals.

1/5 The original series had a much better start than this. If it doesn't hook me in the next episode then it's going in the trash.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.

Apr 16, 2017 9:19 PM

This did a great job at boring me half to death. Gonna have to drop this one

Apr 16, 2017 10:28 PM
interesting beginning, makes me want to seat for more. loving the calm like nature of Ais, i can see a future between her and our main hero.

Apr 17, 2017 8:04 AM

Ais best girl, So i'll be enjoying this.

Apr 17, 2017 8:05 AM

Robiiii said:
I like how theres complains about fanservice...whens theres barely any, and I wouldnt even call that fanservice

To some people, just showing a girl on the screen is fan service, Then if that girl is barely wearing any clothes and/or washing herself, they'd get triggered even more

Apr 17, 2017 8:08 AM

Draknalor said:
Robiiii said:

To some people, just showing a girl on the screen is fan service, Then if that girl is barely wearing any clothes and/or washing herself, they'd get triggered even more

Pretty much hahah

Apr 17, 2017 9:03 AM

not bad i might enjoy this one or not. We will see

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Apr 17, 2017 10:36 AM

Wow, what a dull first episode. Just some cliche action parts + fanservice and not much else, actually. Gonna give it a chance for the time being... even though it will probably turn out to be a bad idea.

Apr 17, 2017 11:50 AM
This is pretty much a prequel, since Bell doesn't know Aiz yet.

Apr 17, 2017 4:27 PM

That was a whole lot of "meh".

Apr 17, 2017 6:33 PM

I don't know why but I didn't like the elf Lefiya. I hope she improve really fast because it will be boring to hear her complains all the time.

The other members of the familia seems pretty interesting.

It was an average episode.

Apr 17, 2017 7:59 PM
Trickster

So glad to be back in the world of Danmachi. I'll be honest though, I have my doubts for Aiz's capabilities of being a main character. Same goes for the rest of her party. The best thing this show can do is help flesh out the world and the original Danmachi series.

The action sequences are always fun to watch. But man, this new elf girl is insufferable.

The twins are delicious.

Looking forward to more.

Apr 17, 2017 9:30 PM
Have to admit it was badass when she punched her fist inside the acidic monster and took its heart out.

Apr 18, 2017 4:13 AM

I don't even know what to think of this anime, everything is decent, the fights are cool too. But where is the story headed?
6/10 for now.
Lefiya is irritating af, how can you be that useless.

Apr 18, 2017 4:56 AM

Damn! The twins are awesome! Holy crap!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield

Apr 18, 2017 7:47 AM
spin off series.. while the main story could be easily continued.. :( :/ This is disappointing..

Apr 18, 2017 11:48 AM

so DanMachi is back and i gotta i'm liking it so far

Apr 18, 2017 2:18 PM
I like it for the first episode, i hope that the stories will colide at some point and we get to see what happens after the end of season 1 in this season. Really loved the end how they showed the scene from season 1, 8/10 for noe, but its only the first episode ^^

Apr 18, 2017 2:35 PM
Pretty middling start, but that's a vast improvement over the original, which has writing and laughable melodrama that makes even SAO look like a masterpiece by comparison. Hard not to do better than Bell and Hestia for protagonists.

Will probably watch eps 2 and 3 to see if the series forms an interesting focus/direction before deciding whether or not to finish it out.

Apr 18, 2017 6:40 PM

So....this is basically Index/Railgun at this point.

Except where Railgun is superior to Index...

DanMachi is vastly superior to whatever this is...

The episode was OK I guess, but I have no idea what type of story is gonna come out of here other than "A different perspective" from the main one.

Regardless, I'm hopping this does well because I'm still hoping we someday get DanMachi S2.

Apr 18, 2017 6:49 PM

I like this series mainly cause it's gonna be interesting to see how things went from Aiz's side of the story.

Apr 19, 2017 8:05 AM

What a great start! I enjoyed a lot this episode.
Ais is actually a very cute & caring girl, even though she doesn't show it with her face, loved that ending with her cute face :3
Those battles were pretty nice and i really hope that girl can do better.
Ais is so OP.

That ending was great! Love the fact that they "joined" 2 series, i hope they will explore even more the relationship between Bell & Ais.
We can clearly see the difference in powers here, Bell almost died from that 1 minotaur, while Ais was killing tons of them easily.
Oh and i think they did a pretty good job in describing each character.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 19, 2017 5:25 PM

The scene with the Amazoness sisters and the Minotaurs was literally setup for Asanagi from Fatalpulse's doujin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

...10/10 doujijn btw

Other than that, got to see my cute Aiz-san <3

Decent episode, but was watching while eating and the caterpillars were disgusting.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture

Apr 20, 2017 3:41 AM

Goddammit, why is Lefiya a main character? I came here for Ais, not someone that damn useless.

Apr 20, 2017 9:09 PM

I like it, I'd rather have just the season 2, but this is still pretty good.

Apr 21, 2017 12:20 PM

i love this anime series, and this seaon is a parent story, but in the last 2 minutes joined with the first episode of the first Dungeon!!!
Is very interesting, because wide this world, and wide this story or hidden plot that the first Dungeon present us!!!

8/10 for this starter!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Apr 21, 2017 12:20 PM

i love this anime series, and this seaon is a parent story, but in the last 2 minutes joined with the first episode of the first Dungeon!!!
Is very interesting, because wide this world, and wide this story or hidden plot that the first Dungeon present us!!!

8/10 for this starter!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Apr 21, 2017 12:21 PM

8/10 for this starter!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »