Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2017 7:53 AM

Apr 2009
I was hoping to see ZaShunina talk with the government in this episode, oh well. It was still quite good. The anime has a neat atmosphere of other worldliness and anything can happen, it's very exciting but still kept grounded in a sense of realism.

I wonder why ZaShunina wants to help. Does he want To Serve Mankind?
Apr 17, 2017 7:58 AM

May 2012
One of the most boring anime in this season. I don't know that what is the plot is about. Felt like going to sleep when watched this. I can't believe this garbage is rated higher than Sakurada Reset
Apr 17, 2017 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
Like many others have already mentioned, this is like an anime version of the 2016 movie Arrival. And I don't mind that at all, because that movie was amazing and this anime is already showing a lot of potential.
Apr 17, 2017 1:08 PM
Jan 2015
thepath said:
One of the most boring anime in this season. I don't know that what is the plot is about. Felt like going to sleep when watched this. I can't believe this garbage is rated higher than Sakurada Reset

Sakurada Reset is Mayoiga tier. Watch more good anime, this will help you set up your standard.
Apr 17, 2017 6:25 PM
Sep 2016
elior1 said:
Ketamigo said:
The story is slowly rolling out, and as someone mentioned, that's a bit concerning the fact that it'll have a 12 episode run. I do appreciate the ominous vibes, and the unanswered questions, especially the true intentions of the SADO landing.

There's really not enough information so far to assume anything regarding their motives, and whether their intentions are benign or cancerous. Either way, they're doing a great job at building the suspense.

I think character development here will probably be an afterthought, with the mystery aspects taking front seat. I mean, we are nearing episode 3, so how much can we really get to know the characters, much less see them evolve and change.

The MC is surprisingly quick to accept the situation, he's actually rather eager, but then again, I suppose I'd be eager to get to know a foreign being that very well may end up being a God, too.

After seeing Arrival, I definitely see it's influence here. I'm not sure if this script was written prior to Arrival or not, or whether their is some other source material, but if it turns out anything more like Arrival then it'll probably be about two distinct species coming together in acceptance of eachother.
since there will be diplmatic talking between both sides as you seen in the preview then i think they will ask him such questions

I mean, yeah, thats the whole premise of the show, lol. When I said unanswered questions, I meant that as a way to keep the suspense and mystery and get viewers hooked, keeping things such a mystery for the first 3 episodes was a great strategy.

It's a good thing that there was an episode 0 because with only 12 episodes, they really needed more time to set up the premise as far as they did, considering that they don't have a whole lot of time to do character building.

It's obvious that, by this point, This anime is going to be relying solely on the mystery and the diplomacy aspects of the story, rather than the characters themselves being developed in any substantial way, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if they can continue on towards a revalatory ending.

I'm still intrigued by the premise to keep watching, and from the looks of it, so is everyone else watching, so they better deliver!
Apr 17, 2017 6:28 PM
Sep 2016
MidAvionics said:
it is like the film from last year
Also about aliens, who came to several countries to gift the humanity the Universal Language to advance their technology

I forgot the title

EDIT: Found the title, Arrival
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543164/

Yeah, thats the general consensus from people who've seen Arrival. I saw it when it came out, and I can say that they are very similar so far. The plot of that film was centered around Diplomacy for peace between the differing species, and this looks to be going in a similar direction.

Humans, of course, always find a way to destroy chances of peace in Hollywood, so I'm betting that there will be plenty of misunderstandings in this Anime as well.
Apr 17, 2017 8:49 PM
Oct 2011
Yup, I love the atmosphere, tone, mystery, and art design of this and am always up for sci-fi. It's really intriguing, and the potential of stuff like this is something I always love about when a potentially interesting large scale anime original comes along.

Really glad the female lead has finally arrived too. Love her design, hope she's cool.

We probably won't know until the end since mystery seems to be a key component of the show but given the nice potential scale of the show I'm curious if this is really going to end up one cour plus ep 0 or if it will get surprise announced at the end that it'll be needing a second half. Either way I don't think we'll know until we get quite a bit further into the run.
DangerMouseDMApr 20, 2017 12:56 PM
Apr 18, 2017 2:42 AM

May 2014
Damn, the CGI used in these episodes blows me away, it's so fluidly done.
That chick is hawt, I hope she knows Shindo well šŸ˜
The next episode will be about negotiations huh.
Apr 19, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2012
Sebastian6996 said:
thepath said:

Sakurada Reset is Mayoiga tier. Watch more good anime, this will help you set up your standard.

LOL Mayoiga . Skurada reset was way better that this crap. I don't even see any similarity between the two. Mayoiga was about kids going to strange village and they experience strange stuff but no one get killed.
Apr 19, 2017 11:39 AM

Jan 2012
This seems very interesting! I was a bit hesitant because the cg in the trailer looked so awkward, but in the actual episodes it's good!
I also like that Yaha-kui guy and seriously he reminds me of Shiroba... anyone else? LOL
I felt like the use of the moe character was unnecessary, at least her seyuu is Kugumiya Rie hahaha XD he pace is going kinda slow, but I'll keep watching~
Apr 19, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2008
GOD THIS SHOW IS JUST AMAZING???? I'm so drawn in every time I watch it. It's mesmerizing, and the 2D-3D is done so well!! The music and OST blows me away. Ugh it's just so good.

Apr 20, 2017 12:56 AM
Mar 2012
both op/ed this gorgeous epic feel. Some cool vfx in the cube.
Interesting tech & mechanics, fast in slow out, lol 2.74hrs/person output.
Kado some super gadget that scans phone for learning, clones food, and teleports people.
So Yaha requests to "advance" the world and have Shindo help him.
friend or foe? Some mystery threads.
Apr 20, 2017 5:29 AM
Jan 2015
thepath said:
Sebastian6996 said:

LOL Mayoiga . Skurada reset was way better that this crap. I don't even see any similarity between the two. Mayoiga was about kids going to strange village and they experience strange stuff but no one get killed.

Sorry, I can't help you.
Apr 20, 2017 12:57 PM
Oct 2011
The music in this is also blowing me away so far, the soundtrack is magic.
Apr 20, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
that sailor moon transformation was incredible. im still laughing
Apr 20, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2015
Now, I am only waiting for the other countries to join the waltz, they can't simply ignore what happens and let Japan fully handle it. (and I wonder why the japanese government would Want to share the alien gift with other nations.

4/5

Doomroar said:

I know that women don't shit but what about the rest? the series will have to deal with this at some point, all that food has to come out and end somewhere.

Aside from that, the panic movements of enclosed peoples : even without food deprivation and no real danger, the passengers should theoretically turn "mad" before the 29th day.
Apr 21, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2016
As this show gets more interesting, which is has been, my love of this show is also growing! I'm exited to see how this show goes on!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 28, 2017 10:26 PM

Jul 2014
Progress wise, the episode didn't go very far, but we knew a little about Yaha-kui zaShunina, albeit his true intentions remain a mystery.
Apr 30, 2017 5:34 PM

Feb 2013
Well, it certainly is interesting. Not exiting, but interesting.

Just what we all need... to be "advanced". We know how well that went in Hacka Doll.
May 7, 2017 3:30 AM

Jun 2016
That was gripping stuff. First contact has been done to death in science fiction, but this show definitely keeps it fresh and mysterious - and the astounding visuals really helps. The way the cube (Kado) is depicted (full of fractal patterns) and the way it materialized all hint towards the fact that it appeared from a higher dimension (aka hyperspace), and our 'alien' here is a higher-dimensional being somehow manifesting himself in the world as a human construct. Kado and zaShunina are projections of four (or more) dimensional entities in three dimensions.

For all that though, I love how coolly Shindo deals with him. He's a fucking amazing MC.
May 12, 2017 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
Where's the United States? Representatives from all over the world would be rushing towards the cube.
Jun 5, 2017 9:25 AM

Jun 2013
Much better. The inside of the cube was very pretty, it was nice to see things from the passengers' point of view. I already like the alien bishie. Still yet to be convinced about Shindou-san being an amazing negotiator (as opposed to just being a level headed guile hero), though I'll give it to him that he did react to the outlandish situation excellently.

I wonder if that storybook about the king and the dog is an actual thing.
LeeTailorJun 5, 2017 9:39 AM
Jul 9, 2017 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
I believe that Yaha-Kui is a geass user lmao
Aug 8, 2017 2:08 PM

May 2012
Another very impressive episode with great development! Loving where this is going! let's see what's next.
Nov 27, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2016
another splendid episode, i felt the urge to cry from how good it was. surprised that nobody asked him to generate money or something, judging off how he could create food so easily. the people inside the airplane were all calm too??? like you'd expect that at least someone would create conflict, though i'm glad there wasn't. still can't remember his name, i'll just call him za for now.
my ship is still alive and there's a new one brewing.
Jan 10, 2018 3:11 AM

Mar 2015
Cool now we know what happened to the hostages in the plane!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 3, 2018 12:53 AM

Sep 2011
This has sparked my interest.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.