Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
As expected, Souma's cooking methods makes a noticeable presence that not many people can understand. Nene's Soba looks very impressive though.

They really make "The Book" or rather those ratings by The World Gourmet Organization sound relevant. I wonder if either of those two can secure three stars or hell, even one.
Apr 13, 2017 7:37 AM

Jan 2012
Tastin' time! I hope the foodgasm is good! XD
Apr 13, 2017 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
GWO taste organization, I wonder if anna's better than erina in tasting.
Apr 13, 2017 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
I love how condescending everyone is in the food world, especially background totsuki characters. Even the WGO, just like the Michelin Guide, is full of pretentious fucks. Little do they know that he is the child of the best chef totsuki has ever produced. Cant wait til the background characters learn that and lose spirit almost instantly.
Apr 13, 2017 12:06 PM

Sep 2009
Fking jump cliffhangers =/
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 13, 2017 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
"Quiet."

Are they all French?
Apr 13, 2017 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
Well, the judges do seem pretty fair. I can't see Souma losing in the first round, but I'm excited for the judgment.

Do you guys feel like this is the last arc of the manga? Or pretty close to it, at least? I'm not sure what else could be done if they win all elite ten seats.
Apr 13, 2017 1:31 PM

Apr 2012
I'm a little confused wasn't the point of the training that you can help each other on the dishes. Why did it become a solo battle.
Apr 13, 2017 4:43 PM

Dec 2012
The World Gourmet Organization are serious business.

Souma & Nene ready to serve.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 13, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
It's hilarious how ignorant Soma is when it comes to the gourmet world.
Apr 13, 2017 9:12 PM

Mar 2015
'the food's ready'

oh man, the reactions are going to be great in the next chapter
Apr 13, 2017 10:40 PM

Mar 2015
so, soba coocked with yakisoba style? let's see what it can offer...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 13, 2017 11:24 PM

Nov 2011
Elegade said:
I love how condescending everyone is in the food world, especially background totsuki characters. Even the WGO, just like the Michelin Guide, is full of pretentious fucks. Little do they know that he is the child of the best chef totsuki has ever produced. Cant wait til the background characters learn that and lose spirit almost instantly.

Then they'll just discredit Souma's achievement by saving its all because he is the son of the best chef totsuki has ever produced rather than the fact that he worked hard and never ever give up.

Apr 14, 2017 1:59 AM

Sep 2014
Anna foodgasm hype!
Apr 14, 2017 2:30 AM
Jul 2015
Those 3 is the real deal, seeing that shinomiya senpai, former no 1 at tootsuki, is also aiming for the 3 star... i wouldn't get shocked if nene and soma didn't even get one star even after all those intense scene

I get the feelings that this is not the last arc, you rock yukihira soma

Btw anna is hawt af
Apr 14, 2017 4:16 AM

Sep 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
Elegade said:

Then they'll just discredit Souma's achievement by saving its all because he is the son of the best chef totsuki has ever produced rather than the fact that he worked hard and never ever give up.

It doesn't matter. This is exactly what destroyed Joichiro in the first place. Everyone thinking that he was just a genius and no one realized, not even the so called "Food experts and chefs alike" that it was an incredible undertaking to make such refined food day after day, even making your best dish obsolete by the next one. Joichiro acknowledges that Soma doesn't have that weakness, so the background characters can say whatever they want for all he cares, his original goal in the first place is to beat his old man by getting the first seat, not to get acknowledgement from background losers. If you're already getting praise from 2nd seat god Asura, 1st seat dojima, 1st seat Shinomiya, and countless other Elite ten powerhouses, does the opinions of mere amoebas really that relevant?
Apr 14, 2017 4:19 AM

Nov 2011
Elegade said:
KaiserNazrin said:

It doesn't matter. This is exactly what destroyed Joichiro in the first place. Everyone thinking that he was just a genius and no one realized, not even the so called "Food experts and chefs alike" that it was an incredible undertaking to make such refined food day after day, even making your best dish obsolete by the next one. Joichiro acknowledges that Soma doesn't have that weakness, so the background characters can say whatever they want for all he cares, his original goal in the first place is to beat his old man by getting the first seat, not to get acknowledgement from background losers. If you're already getting praise from 2nd seat god Asura, 1st seat dojima, 1st seat Shinomiya, and countless other Elite ten powerhouses, does the opinions of mere amoebas really that relevant?

Of course not. You are the one that care what those amoebas think about Souma. He don't give a shit.

Apr 14, 2017 4:24 AM

Sep 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
Elegade said:

Of course not. You are the one that care what those amoebas think about Souma. He don't give a shit.

There's a difference between wanting them to shut up because the putrid non-sense they produce every chapter gets irritating vs actually caring about their opinions of soma. Shit even Nene and Anna are pissed at the background characters because they're annoying.
Apr 14, 2017 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
Histoire, Charme & Anne.
2 french words and 1 french name lol.

I STILL WANT TO KNOW THE MAN WITH THE CAP DAMN.
Apr 17, 2017 6:01 PM
Apr 2015
I applaud these beta background characters for their effort, but only Erina can be condescending and get away with it.
May 21, 2017 1:37 AM

Jan 2014
oh, so that's who they are. I was wondering about the three shadow back then.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.