Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Jul 5, 9:18 PM

Well, who knows, maybe this one will be another big success too; so the studio can have another cards to play (I read the manga, and it's really good).
Let's be honest, how many people that know Attack on Titan before the anime airing? The manga has been around 4 years before the anime, and there are no many people talk about the manga back then. And suddenly it's become a big hit after the anime airing (for my personal opinion mostly due to its quality in music and animation that surpass even the story).
Other studios always have cards that they can play if something bad happen to certain anime they produce. Like Sunrise for example; thay always have Gundam, Code Geass and Gintama to use. Or Production IG, that have Ghost in The Shell, maybe even Psycho-Pass to milk out if they want to, Haikyuu right now after the end of Kuroko no Basket.
Don't like it? Just stop watching/reading it. Why become a masochist that keep going through something you don't like and bitching in the end of it?

Jul 6, 7:46 AM

Since it's been basically confirmed that:

1 - AoT S3 will have 2 cours
2 - All of AoT will be adapted into anime

Then I'm pretty positive this anime isn't nowhere near being the main reason why AoT S2 got 12 eps.

First of all, like some people (but not in here, apparently) have speculated, the reason why S2 only had 12 eps might be because it would be a bad idea to end a season on the Uprising arc. The fact that S3 will probably have 2 cours is a big giveaway to this.

Second... ok, I forgot what I was gonna say here, but anyway, even if this anime WAS one of the main reasons AoT S2 only had 1 cour; who cares? Studios can't just keep working on an anime nonstop for all eternity, even if it's one of the best selling anime in the world (probably, I dunno, don't quote me on this).

TL;DR - "READ A BOOK, MAL" or "NO ONE CARES, ENJOY YOUR ANIMU"

Jul 7, 5:02 AM
Noesnecesario said:
It's a perfectly understandable decision. Mahoutsukai no Yome is lightyears better than AOT.

But you just couldn't hold the salt back.

Couldn't agree more.

Jul 8, 11:21 AM
maybe. there are many reasons behind attack on titan recieving 12 episodes instead a 2cour one. we could also blame kabaneri. good thing: we will recive a well deserved 3rd season

I hope mahoutsukai turns better, unlike the prequel ovas which are a big dissapointment. if not, the reduced aot second season would have been in vain.

Jul 8, 11:41 PM
Screw this AOT is better

Jul 9, 2:34 AM

Daliesk said:
maybe. there are many reasons behind attack on titan recieving 12 episodes instead a 2cour one. we could also blame kabaneri. good thing: we will recive a well deserved 3rd season

I hope mahoutsukai turns better, unlike the prequel ovas which are a big dissapointment. if not, the reduced aot second season would have been in vain.

The prequel ova's were good, but they were for Manga readers only as they don't feed you the info it already expects you to know.

Jul 9, 4:15 AM

AoT had 25 episodes for its first season. Most later seasons of any series get shortened down to 12 or 13. Suck it up and give the first season of a new series the same chance to shine as you did for AoT. Thank you.

Also it's impossible to compare those two, as The Magician's Bride is at its core more similar to Natsume Yuujinchou than to AoT. Completely different genre.
Modified by kujika, Jul 9, 4:18 AM

Jul 9, 12:21 PM

Why would anyone want more than 20 episodes of that garbage show?

Jul 13, 2:34 PM

Attack on Titan is the best anime right now and nothing comes even close, Wit studio is definitely doing it as a yearly basis just like TV shows are done, that's why they can make 20 ep's on this one because this will never be Top/Flagship, and they want to preserve Attack on Titan so they don't make people wait 3 years again, let's hope that's a smart decision.

Jul 13, 3:30 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Or maybe they just needed more manga content to animate first?

Jul 13, 8:31 PM
Wild Card

keragamming said:
Noesnecesario said:
It's a perfectly understandable decision. Mahoutsukai no Yome is lightyears better than AOT.

Stop playing dumb here, you know op is talking about this at a business wise perspective, snk is one, if not the biggest anime of this decade to become a international hit.

The Japanese anime studio primary's goal is to succeed in Japan. If they have international fans of that anime - it's merely a bonus. The Mahoutsukai manga volume sales had grown at a massive rate in Japan.

All in all, you're getting AOT S3 anyway, no reason to complain in the end.
Modified by DeadIEnd, Jul 13, 8:35 PM

Jul 14, 2:14 AM

DeadIEnd said:
keragamming said:

Stop playing dumb here, you know op is talking about this at a business wise perspective, snk is one, if not the biggest anime of this decade to become a international hit.

The Japanese anime studio primary's goal is to succeed in Japan. If they have international fans of that anime - it's merely a bonus. The Mahoutsukai manga volume sales had grown at a massive rate in Japan.

All in all, you're getting AOT S3 anyway, no reason to complain in the end.

This so much. Maybe WIT wants another show that makes them money other than AoT. Considering AoT won't last forever.

Jul 16, 12:15 PM

It's not like it is blame for it, it was the studio decision, they decided it...and honesty, I like it better than Attack on Titan, Eren is a pain. This is better, so I am happy we got more than 12 episodes!

Jul 16, 12:45 PM
Swagernator said:
My interest in this show now skyrocket from 0 to 1000...

Me too, I didn't even know about MnY until someone mention about it. I can't understand why he complain about SnK in this place, MnY isn't even the reason for SnK only get 12 eps so it's pointless to complain here.

Jul 18, 5:09 PM

Oh look, another cancerous thread. You never disappoint MAL.

Jul 19, 8:32 AM

Kenna_Pyralis said:
If this project moved up a few seasons the staff who are working on this project can migrate and work on AOT season 2 giving us 25 episodes(AOT and Mahoutsukai no Yome have different animators and staff working on it). I mean schedule 12 episodes of your biggest series and 24 episodes for this? Madness! very poor business decision.

Well, based on disc sales it seems AoT S2 bombed hard. S1 average is 50k+, S2 average so far is below 10k+, an 80% drop in average disc sales/volume. So, your accusation of very poor business decision might be false based on disc sales data so far.....

Jul 19, 2:43 PM
keragamming said:
Noesnecesario said:

But all of this is pointless, because this is all speculation. Wit studio may have done this so the series can be release at a yearly basis than waiting 3 to 4 years for another season because of lack of source material.

that s why it s going to sell just 5k of blu ray/dvd average, because it s a great series

Jul 19, 4:33 PM

NatsukiIkki said:
keragamming said:

But all of this is pointless, because this is all speculation. Wit studio may have done this so the series can be release at a yearly basis than waiting 3 to 4 years for another season because of lack of source material.

that s why it s going to sell just 5k of blu ray/dvd average, because it s a great series

Damn are you dumb? Did my point fly pass you? The point I was making is that quality has nothing to do with this argument. If you know the slightest thing about how the business world work, you would know that what sells/ is profitable gets prioritize.

I'm also glad you brought up the 2nd season sales, their poor business decision is what affected the sales for this season. If they had not waited 4 years + releasing only 12 episode, the sales would not have drop so much.

But nice strawman argument, because this discussion happen before the 2nd season blu ray disc sales were release, so its obvious I was basing my argument on the 1st season sales and popularity.

Not only that, mahoutsuki will never reach the popularity of snk, now it may sell more than the 2nd season but its overall popularity will not come close to it. Snk still dominate in the streaming service and merchandise department, also manga sales as well.
https://myanimelist.net/profile/keragamming/reviews

^ Attack on titan season 2 review.

Jul 20, 5:18 AM
keragamming said:
NatsukiIkki said:

Damn are you dumb? Did my point fly pass you? The point I was making is that quality has nothing to do with this argument. If you know the slightest thing about how the business world work, you would know that what sells/ is profitable gets prioritize.

I'm also glad you brought up the 2nd season sales, their poor business decision is what affected the sales for this season. If they had not waited 4 years + releasing only 12 episode, the sales would not have drop so much.

But nice strawman argument, because this discussion happen before the 2nd season blu ray disc sales were release, so its obvious I was basing my argument on the 1st season sales and popularity.

Not only that, mahoutsuki will never reach the popularity of snk, now it may sell more than the 2nd season but its overall popularity will not come close to it. Snk still dominate in the streaming service and merchandise department, also manga sales as well.
I agree with you, but, i think that mahou tsukai can make better than 5k, but, five years for second season of 50k avegare manga is something out of mind, aaaand, i disagree about sales not being linked of the quality of something, maybe AoT season 2 wasn't something that justify all the hype
Modified by NatsukiIkki, Jul 20, 5:21 AM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]