Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Royal Tutor
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2017 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the way that some of the guys address Haine as their master is kinda silly. Looks like the ladies finds him really cute because of his looks. Licht and Haine's character chemistry feels rather odd, the two just seems so different.

Again, most of the episode takes place indoors at the same location as the previous episode. I hope they change the setting a bit as it feels kinda stale. The humor still feels so-so..sometimes I find it funny, other times just dull.

Stark700Apr 11, 2017 4:55 PM
Apr 11, 2017 12:19 PM
Aug 2015
How you know stark doesn't like an anime is when he doesn't bother learning the names of the charcters. That "Leonhard" that your referring to is Licht.
Apr 11, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Got to learn more about Bruno and Kai. Bruno is very smart and challenged Heine. Heine beat him in everything and Bruno called him master, which was funny. As for Kai, he's quite gentle. His looks gives off a bad impression and people assume he's mean. Heine was wrong to judge the princes by rumors. He learned his lesson.
Apr 11, 2017 12:49 PM

Aug 2016
awww I like Kai, he's sweet
Apr 11, 2017 12:57 PM

Jun 2015
I'm really enjoying this anime so far! I'm intrigued to learn more about the brothers and how the story will progress.

Also, I really like the ending theme! Their voices sound great together and it's really uplifting :') (It's getting me even more excited for the upcoming stage play)
Apr 11, 2017 1:14 PM

May 2014
I can't quite put my finger on what is so charming about this series so far, but I just love the whole vibe it has going.

Unlike other series I was planning to watch and expecting to be good this season (BNHA and AoT), I didn't even think I'd enjoy this all that much- primarily because I'm just not that much of a fan of these sorts of chill comedy series.

However, I've been pleasantly surprised so far- so hopefully it keeps the quality up all the way through!

I love how all the princes are completely different than their initial tropes suggest. I thought Bruno was gonna be the stoic hardass of the group, but he's moe af. Kai is just antisocial, and might be the nices out of all of the brothers and it's actually Licht that Heine needs to be wary of since he ain't as scatter-brained as he lets on.
I mean c'mon, the boy's 14 and has three women chilling in his room- he clearly isn't an idiot lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2017 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
well that was a good episode...sensei is sure something...he is so cute
Apr 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Apr 2016
Hm, not bad at all. Relaxed comedy, not too boring.

Let's see how it goes on.
Apr 11, 2017 2:47 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Still the most surprising show of the season for me. Again a good episode with dry humour that really seems to hit my humour somehow. Gets a laugh out of me most of the times.

Kai is awesome, FUNI FUNI FUNI FUNI~~~

Bruno got schooled! Heine is OP!!

Licht is surprisingly perceptive and wants to know more about Heine's past.
Apr 11, 2017 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
It's like a BL otome... I'm not complaining tho xD FUNI FUNI FUNI FUNI~
Apr 11, 2017 3:29 PM

Aug 2013
Had a few chuckles with this episode. Love its chibi styles.

Kai's character really surprised me. Though he would be the delinquent type but no he is soft, gentle and mature. Also the way Kai was petting Haine's hand and saying it was as soft as the dog made laugh.

Overall, a good episode.

Apr 11, 2017 3:43 PM
Feb 2015
Kai seems to be autistic, often the people who are in "gentle giants" trope are. He cant quite grasp how to look friendly, likes to touch things because they're soft, a poor speaker, all traits commonly shown in autistic people.
Apr 11, 2017 3:44 PM

Nov 2016
Somehow I was smiling during the whole episode, though it is rather relaxing than funny. But still this isn't half bad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2017 4:02 PM

Dec 2016
This was another fun episode.

Lucky guy, getting attention from all those girls.

Apr 11, 2017 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
Sensei is the boss. Glad they were able to fit in all 3 of the other brothers. I love how different they each are. Should make it all very interesting.
Apr 11, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2009
This show is so cute! The art is so pretty and the chibi forms are adorable!

I love Haine. He's definitely my favourite. His appearance and voice are perfect! His attitude when Bruno called him small was adorable!

I had a feel Kai loved animals. He's such a sweetie.

ayuro16 said:
Kai seems to be autistic, often the people who are in "gentle giants" trope are. He cant quite grasp how to look friendly, likes to touch things because they're soft, a poor speaker, all traits commonly shown in autistic people.

I agree. Even if he doesn't know how to talk to people properly his speech is a bit too broken.
Apr 11, 2017 5:31 PM

Dec 2008
That kick Heine gave Licht was the best ever!!
Kai is such a sweetheart. Poor thing's been so misunderstood.
I believe Licht is a demon seed.
Apr 11, 2017 5:43 PM
Oct 2012
Not as funny as the first episode, they are going to need to throw in a zig pretty soon or this is going to settle into an all too common animation.

Which it can do, that is what 3rd episodes are for - the first two are character development. We had that so bring on the zig, or even a zag.
Apr 11, 2017 5:44 PM

Jul 2016
STOP. MAKING. ANIME. TEENAGERS. LOOK. LIKE. PROPER. MATURE. ADULTS. How much more does this need to be stressed?! There's no way a fourteen year old would look like that! I'm 20 and I protest I don't need to have a crush on a 16-year-old ffs

Doesn't it sometimes feel like an otome game that the tutor or maybe the viewer is playing? Look at those bishies damn

Great ED. Quite catchy.

Also adding; improve the dialogue please and thank you, I feel like the silly moments were too many
Apr 11, 2017 6:52 PM

Sep 2007
Strawberrycake48 said:
I can't quite put my finger on what is so charming about this series so far, but I just love the whole vibe it has going.

Unlike other series I was planning to watch and expecting to be good this season (BNHA and AoT), I didn't even think I'd enjoy this all that much- primarily because I'm just not that much of a fan of these sorts of chill comedy series.

However, I've been pleasantly surprised so far- so hopefully it keeps the quality up all the way through!

I love how all the princes are completely different than their initial tropes suggest. I thought Bruno was gonna be the stoic hardass of the group, but he's moe af. Kai is just antisocial, and might be the nices out of all of the brothers and it's actually Licht that Heine needs to be wary of since he ain't as scatter-brained as he lets on.
I mean c'mon, the boy's 14 and has three women chilling in his room- he clearly isn't an idiot lol
You summed up my feelings for this show quite nicely :D I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this episode... I was surprised when it ended, like awwwwwwwwwwwww really? It's over? (that feeling normally comes up with more "exciting" series, like AoT)

I had a feeling Kai would be the one most misunderstood, but I had no idea he'd be so friggen adorable! I also knew that Licht would be the sharp and more calculating one of the bunch, anyone who is that smiley is usually hiding something.
Apr 11, 2017 7:22 PM

May 2014
Julianna said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

You summed up my feelings for this show quite nicely :D I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this episode... I was surprised when it ended, like awwwwwwwwwwwww really? It's over? (that feeling normally comes up with more "exciting" series, like AoT)

I had a feeling Kai would be the one most misunderstood, but I had no idea he'd be so friggen adorable! I also knew that Licht would be the sharp and more calculating one of the bunch, anyone who is that smiley is usually hiding something.

I know! Kai is so cute- poor anti-social cinnamon roll XD
I think Licht and Kai are my favorites after this episode~

Most surprising though has to be Bruno, because I was expecting him to be this series' equivalent of Midorima from Kuroko no Basket...boy was I wrong. He went full on fanboy mode!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2017 7:40 PM

Feb 2017
The chibi forms of these characters are so cute. That, and the sense of humor within this anime is what makes it light and, above all, likeable.
Apr 11, 2017 7:49 PM

Sep 2007
Strawberrycake48 said:

Most surprising though has to be Bruno, because I was expecting him to be this series' equivalent of Midorima from Kuroko no Basket...boy was I wrong. He went full on fanboy mode!!

I did think Bruno would be more of a challenge to win over, the stern and intelligent glasses types usually are... if Haine (is it Haine or Heine? Listed as Heine but title of show is Haine...?) could not meet or exceed his intelligence and abilities it probably wouldn't have gone so well. Bruno in fanboy mode is really cute and hilarious, it's not often we see a glasses character break that serious mold.
It's funny that Leonhard was the only one that required a full episode, lol. I know it was the first ep and there was a lot of time spent on intro to the series, but compared to the others he took a lot of time.
So Licht being the only one not on the Haine train, I wonder if there's some trust issues there? I think it's unusual for the youngest to be so suspicious, hope there's a good story there.
Apr 11, 2017 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
Not as enjoyable compared to the first episode but it was fun to watch.

I actually like how the Professor got Kai to come and go around since he didn't knew how Kai is actually like, and he's basing things off of mere assumptions and mere paper and rumor that he would be pretty aggressive, when he's gentle and kind on the outside.

I actually like the "Funi Funi" because eeeeeeee~ :3
Apr 11, 2017 8:34 PM

May 2014
Julianna said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

I did think Bruno would be more of a challenge to win over, the stern and intelligent glasses types usually are... if Haine (is it Haine or Heine? Listed as Heine but title of show is Haine...?) could not meet or exceed his intelligence and abilities it probably wouldn't have gone so well. Bruno in fanboy mode is really cute and hilarious, it's not often we see a glasses character break that serious mold.
It's funny that Leonhard was the only one that required a full episode, lol. I know it was the first ep and there was a lot of time spent on intro to the series, but compared to the others he took a lot of time.
So Licht being the only one not on the Haine train, I wonder if there's some trust issues there? I think it's unusual for the youngest to be so suspicious, hope there's a good story there.

Leonhard was just too much of a Tsundere to have any less than basically a full episode haha XD
As for Licht, I'm hoping we eventually get some light shed on his trust issues- maybe it's precisely because he's the youngest? Or maybe it has something to do with his father??

We'll hafta wait and see, I guess! ^^
Apr 11, 2017 9:28 PM

Mar 2017
wowow!
I didn't expect Bruno to be tamed very fast haha. I expected him and Heine, having a heated chess match. BUT LMAO
Bruno was so cute when he called Heine "Master" haha
hooray for chibi figures.

THAT LICHT THO HAHAHA
"What's happening down there" hahaha
Apr 11, 2017 10:29 PM

Oct 2015
I'm really enjoying the series this far. The characters are fun and the situations are interesting. Can't wait for more.
Omnia munda mundis
Apr 12, 2017 12:03 AM
Nov 2016
I was suprised that I enjoyed this anime so much, I dont even realize when it ended. haine is just too cute and kai is actually a lovely person really caught my attention, he's sooo sweet
Apr 12, 2017 3:07 AM
Mar 2017
Oh man, I didn't have too many high expectations but I'm really enjoying it. Bruno is so kawaii, I want to protect him. And poor ol' Kai is so misunderstood. I didn't really see that coming, so I was pleasantly surprised. Licht, tho...nasty little punk. I love him too.
Apr 12, 2017 4:03 AM

Dec 2015
Yup, there's definitely no way I can like the OP song, it sounds so off. I didn't expect Heine to be SO capable, he successfully completed all of Bruno's challenges like they were nothing.

Licht seems to be the one that hides the most behind a cheerful mask, better be careful.

Lastly, Kai is probably the most normal of the 4 siblings, if you exclude his quiet and intimidating nature. With this everyone has been introduced, looking forward to the first lesson.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 12, 2017 5:30 AM

Jan 2017
I loved this weeks episode! I was hoping it would cover the remaining three brothers. Last week I had my eye on Kai, I had a feeling he wasn't what he seemed and am happy to see he's so sweet. Licht was the one who I didn't see coming, he's the one who will probably uncover whatever it is that Haine is not mentioning about his past and his connection to their father.

Side note, it's hard not to notice that in that huge palace we only ever have seen that one maid. I have a feeling she may turn out to be a love interest for one of them.
Apr 12, 2017 5:58 AM

Feb 2013
Omg isn't Kai the cutest thing ever? Funi funi~ gap moe please! and every time they grab the teacher or he goes chibi mode I'm like 'awwwww' ^^
Then again it looks like the first one to accept him is going to be the troublesome brother, wow! I hope they can get along soon.
Apr 12, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2015
Ha, I knew I would love Licht, his Obfuscating Stupidity trope is one of my favorite character tropes (as cliche as that is). I wonder if he will be the one to find out more about Sensei's true intentions?

Kai is adorable, though I do agree with the autistic comments. Bruno actually didn't surprise me, he seemed exactly the type to admire those who are more capable than him.

Now the question is: the princes are clearly at different levels of knowledge, so how is Sensei going to give them equal attention? He can't dumb down the lessons too much or Bruno would be bored, but he can't make it too intelligent or he would lose Leo. Somehow this reminds me of 'No child left behind'... I'm looking forward to seeing how Sensei will resolve this.
Apr 12, 2017 1:09 PM
Apr 12, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2010
I lost my interest as soon as the scholar was shown to be perfect. No thank you very much, I don't like that trope.
Apr 12, 2017 4:47 PM

Nov 2013
even tho i'm a guy and i usually hate bl and all that stuff (other than "girly looking traps")...i actually find kai to be nice lmao the way he talks and the funi funi was cute

fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 12, 2017 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
omg kai is so cute!!
funi funi~
Apr 13, 2017 5:43 AM

Aug 2013
I'm pleasantly surprised I'm not the only one who's reminded of VNs from OKH; it feels and 'runs', if that makes sense, very much like one; no complaints here! I'm surprised it's not from/based on one.
Apr 13, 2017 7:08 AM

May 2014
Haine is a chick. I am calling it now.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 13, 2017 12:16 PM

Jul 2016
Adorable loli-hime, Licht got serious to know Haine's identity. Lmao the pointing down there xD
Apr 13, 2017 12:35 PM

May 2008
I love this show. So much xD The prince's are hilarious.

Apr 13, 2017 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Kai is already my favourite. Funi funi.
Apr 13, 2017 10:45 PM

Oct 2011
Bruno Master was šŸ˜
Heine omg
Kai sp precious ahhhh
That ending song so good
Apr 14, 2017 8:23 PM

Oct 2008
Nice and fun episode!
Heine-sensei obliterated Bruno in any type of competition and even Luck!
Licht is a playboy and Heine-sensei said that he might be the most troublesome out of the four!
Kai is the total opposite as soon as sensei knew about the actual attitude of him.
4/5.

Apr 15, 2017 6:25 PM

Apr 2015
Kai is so adorable. His chibi version is awesome. I could never imagine that he is actually really sweet.

I gotta say that I never expected much of this anime, but so far it surpassed my expectations.
Apr 16, 2017 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Huh, this show is actually really good, pleasant surprise. Comedy is on point and the funniest moment was when the prince asked him about his progress down there, hilarious.
:3
Apr 17, 2017 9:48 PM

Oct 2015
TragicRomance said:
I lost my interest as soon as the scholar was shown to be perfect
Spoiler: he's not.
Omnia munda mundis
Apr 21, 2017 6:07 AM

Feb 2015
Kai and Haine are the best so far! Loving the series.

Apr 21, 2017 8:48 PM
Nov 2016
And this is why you can never judge an anime by its premise. This anime has blown my expectations out of the water.
Jun 20, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2013
Tutor interviewing the other 3 princes and they are all more than they seem.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 12, 2023

5 by Senpai-no-lie »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 5, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - May 16, 2017

50 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.