Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 11, 2017 11:57 AM
Jul 2014
That magical punch is one of the best things I've ever seen!
Apr 11, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2015
dankzel said:
Brb said:

Well, she has. But she's not best girl.

BRING ON THAT RIEL!!!!!!

It's not Riel either.

Apr 11, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2010
Tenzen12 said:
Confucius said:
You guys realize Celcia is Glenn's parent right? Celcia is like Glenn's mother...

His master to be accutarate, there is no blood relation and she is best girl and he loves her a lot.

read carefully///
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 11, 2017 12:21 PM

May 2008
KariRaiha said:
That Magical Punch reminded me of Mystletainn kick
I was thinking same thing and the response was the same. queue the music for that Punch.
Apr 11, 2017 12:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very strong episode that shows Glenn in a whole new light. He pretty much turned it around for himself.

He can cancel all magic and prohibit it from being used with his original spell and then has the edge in a physical fight. What a way to be ''OP''.
Apr 11, 2017 12:32 PM

Jan 2008
Aw, they skip all the teasing bits with Sisti, well rather turned them into slide show bits.
Apr 11, 2017 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Shiro-neko and magical punch sealed it for me. Glenn Radars early candidate for MC of the season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 11, 2017 12:40 PM

Dec 2011
The first episode was okay but now things is getting interesting.Episode 2 was such a great episode and Glenn is really a unique character.
Using his own spell to negate all magic and beat his foes with just strength xD
Apr 11, 2017 12:41 PM

Apr 2015
antonn said:
Tsundere-chan had some truth dropped on her.

That moment was really important tbh. Those kids were not mature enough to understand that most of the times magic is used for fighting and not for those stupid ideals.

Anyway decent episode. Kinda wanted an epic fight to happen but I'm sure we will get one eventually.

Btw Rumia is freakin' 11000000/10 omfg.
Apr 11, 2017 1:14 PM

Jul 2015
This second episode was a lot better than the first, even if I still hate that it went for the classic rape scene, the conclussion was really funny nonetheless, I will give it another episode.
Apr 11, 2017 1:16 PM

Aug 2015
the mc is the only reason im still watching
Apr 11, 2017 1:17 PM

Sep 2015
Guren doing the Ginga bishounen pose?
Apr 11, 2017 1:33 PM

Jun 2013
What the hell??
This is actually really good!
Apr 11, 2017 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Brb said:
dankzel said:

BRING ON THAT RIEL!!!!!!

It's not Riel either.

Lordy. That would be incredibly pacing if they got all way to "her". As a manga only reader, I'd appreciate it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 11, 2017 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Week 2 and STRIKE! Another pretty good episode.

This series really is fun to watch after watching the first two shows (focusing on drama). I actually like Glenn more and more after these two episodes which not gonna lie, I LOVE HIM. He's probably the best MC of the season for me (some people have already said this but I agree anyways).

Also, MAGICAL PUNCH! I love that part and Glenn beating that guy to shit :'3
Apr 11, 2017 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
Why the hell was this not episode one? This was a million times better than anything in the first episode. The guy pulled out a freaking persona card.

My only gripe is with the way they turned that last scene into a comedic scene. Felt gross and distasteful.
Apr 11, 2017 1:54 PM
Jan 2014
As someone who has read the manga, the anime already feels rushed. However, since there's currently only 20 chapters, curious how they're going to end the series.
Apr 11, 2017 1:55 PM
Feb 2017
I'm just glad that I don't have to hate Glenn for being a useless bastard with no redeeming qualities anymore.
Apr 11, 2017 1:55 PM
Jun 2015
Way way WAY better than the first episode.
Apr 11, 2017 1:59 PM

Apr 2011
Ma
isRawb said:
As someone who has read the manga, the anime already feels rushed. However, since there's currently only 20 chapters, curious how they're going to end the series.

Rokudenashi is originaly LN. Anime definitely will go past manga, but it will not get all that far compared to novels.
Apr 11, 2017 2:07 PM

May 2015
Gotta admit, that was a great episode and MC-kun is pretty damn badass, lol.

Apr 11, 2017 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
Seems Shironeko was finally dubbed her rightful name, she looks like one after all.
And Lumia ojou is in trouble.
Well having read the manga this wasn't very surprising tho it was nice to see it animated.
Sisti's hair was moving a lot this episode tho, from all the spells aimed at her.
Apr 11, 2017 2:49 PM

Dec 2016
Well that went from a lot of fun to a lot of dangerous and serious business very quickly.

Glenn makes me laugh a lot, he is a great character already.

I suppose we might learn more about Rumia in the next episode.

It's Small! that was a funny note to leave behind.
Apr 11, 2017 2:51 PM

Sep 2015
Things escalated quickly. dat rape doe.

Rumia best girl. In fact I watched this anime since I saw her face on the preview and went,"cute..." Yea stupid reason but no regrets since it is a fairly good series. Celica is also really cool, though not enough screen time.

Glenn is really cool and funny. I was hoping he is just smart in terms of being able to apply the fundamentals and not actually be secretly skilled.
It is a worry I had for this series since after last episode, it turned all the common tropes in to joke scenes. Which I greatly applaud.
I thought he would of won that dual but he didn't. Though with this new card ability, I might worry it does go that way. There is definitely a few tropes here and there but so far nothing too major that makes it generic.
I just hope this is the limit of his ability. Fist fight. I did see a image of him holding a pistol. So He might be using technology while negating magic.

Sistine is my least favorite character right now because tsundere-like personalities isn't my type. With a few exceptions but yea.

So far so good.
zcv45Apr 11, 2017 3:37 PM
Apr 11, 2017 3:04 PM
Jan 2015
That...wasn't bad at all. Glenn seems to be like a perfect anti-magician, seals off their use of abilities, then finishes them off in cqc. Add to the fact that he so causally brought up killing earlier in the episode, makes me believe that he was probably an assassin in his past.
My Queens

Apr 11, 2017 3:19 PM

Apr 2016
This episode totally changed my mind of Akashic Records.
I have low satisfaction from the first episode but this episode was great.
The MC was really cool and I love his character now. Lazy but strong...
That attempted rape scene though ;)
Seems that things will get interesting starting from this.
I look forward to the next episode.
Apr 11, 2017 3:42 PM
Jan 2016
Seems like he got some plot armor in episode 2 ....

PS: To be serious, it was awesome. Best teacher so far and yes I agree with the opinion "best mc" this season
Apr 11, 2017 4:00 PM

May 2013
Fckin' great episode! Damn! Even changed my rating from 7 to 8 just cos of this.
Apr 11, 2017 4:18 PM

Jul 2013
blasenyan said:
the mc is the only reason im still watching

same same.

I'm so annoyed at Sisti and Rumia is super generic. I'm hoping to see more tricks from the MC though.
Apr 11, 2017 4:20 PM

Jan 2016
1 word: Awesome!

This episode was so good, the pacing was great, the animation was decent but most of all: GLEN HAPPEND.

I was kinda dissapointed with Glen in the 1st episode as seemed like a really good MC but he lost to Sisti. But this episode showed us how awesome he really is.
Suddenly this is one of the shows that i will be eagerly waiting for the next episode
Apr 11, 2017 4:34 PM
Jun 2016
Glenn: MAGICAL PUNCH!!!!!!!
Military guy: That was a kick...
Glenn: That's what made it magical.

Me: HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! LOVE THAT GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 11, 2017 5:01 PM

Jul 2016
Without having read the manga or the LN, I think the plot is progressing fast, but quite nicely...Glenn is an amazing MC! We missed those, I gotta say. Can't wait to see his complete backstory hehe

if there turns out to be a student-teacher romance in this series I'm preparing my 5s and 4s for this shit
Apr 11, 2017 5:08 PM

Apr 2016
A true magical punch should have been a kick in the balls with said balls being destroyed.

I suppose they didn't want to shock viewers. Kids are watching after all. Too bad.

So now, ... Save Rumia already!

Side note : quite the good surprise he was strong enough to admit wrong doing and apologize.
Apr 11, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
Yes! Glenn is one amazing MC. Loving the way they portray him. This show overall is up there in my favs this season!
Apr 11, 2017 5:26 PM
Mar 2015
Wait a minute..... im actually enjoying this show. Wow unexpected
Apr 11, 2017 5:33 PM

Nov 2007
I was 100% certain that I would drop this anime after watching the first episode but this episode reveals that the MC is in dope so I changed my mind.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 11, 2017 5:35 PM

Feb 2017
I was actually thinking of dropping this anime after that regular-almost-bad first episode, but then something resembling a plot (alas, the presence of overused tropes) appeared. I mean, this was a kinda good episode, tbqh, and now I'm finally intrigued. The MC became suddenly interesting, but he keeps being a sc*mbag.
Apr 11, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 2015
People who were making conclusions on this show after the 1st episode are now seeing Glenn in a new light. :) Although if the comedy doesn't appeal to them there's not much that can be done about it.
Apr 11, 2017 5:38 PM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
Had this series at 7/10 the first episode, now it's at a 7.5 to 8 out of 10 for me! The magical punch won me over. I thought he was just going to be a typical over powered protagonist, then I found out he was actually weak, but now I found out he's actually overpowered. Hmm... Can't tell if cliche or unique...

Apr 11, 2017 6:18 PM

Dec 2009
Holy hell! The first episode was kinda average, and i wasn't sure what to feel about it aside from it being a bit fresh in portraying style.... but this episode was fucking genius.

1) he obliterates the stupid delusions of academics confined to ignorant curriculums
2) he fucks up mages with genuine clever strategy and even uses all sorts of faints and diversions... why would you fight on their turf when you can specialize in something else and bring them onto your turf?

This is some genuine good shit. The guy might have a crumby personality, but he's got it where it counts. (nullification + cqc... Touma anyone?)

ps: all the fanboys know their waifu Sistine is easy.

AX3M said:
It makes you question how magic, if they were real, would otherwise be used, how everything that runs on our mind during chanting affects it, questions like this.
It would render the industrial age obsolete or unnecessary. Anime and games like this always contrive the abilities to tropes and the imagination of the writer, but if you but a few billion people with a bunch of spells, in the same way countless people through the times have invented various devices and processes, the same would have happened with "magic" - there is no way it would ever be able to be constricted to a particular group or use for long. Someone somewhere would find a use for every variation of an ability.

@3xTripple
Unique because he's actually intelligent, not just some guy that is overpowered for no good reason.
GenesisAriaApr 11, 2017 6:47 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 11, 2017 6:45 PM
Jul 2016
I'm glad they kept the bondage and "It's SMALL" joke in the adaptation, LOL. The main joke kept intact, BRAVO ANIME. YOU DID GLENN JUSTICE!!!!
Apr 11, 2017 7:14 PM
Oct 2012
Lambdaa- said:
That near rape/ntr was quite disturbing, I could do without it tbh. Why Japan

I didn't like it either, but at the same time that is what evil people would have done when they are in control and have too much time on their hands.. So with one scene we know that this show will go darker, that the enemies are bastards, and that the writer wants to be a bit more realistic than one would expect from a fantasy.

The problem really wasn't with the attempted rape scene but that the show was so light and fluffy for 1 1/2 episodes that when it happened the dichotomy stood out.

So the question becomes which is the real show? The dark version or the harem school version? Don't particularly mind either way, but an attempt to blend I think will have problems.
Apr 11, 2017 7:20 PM

May 2016
THANK GOD SOMEONE ACTUALLY BREAKS THE ILLUSION THAT MAGIC IS ONLY USED FOR THE "ADVANCEMENT OF HUMANKIND" AND "HELPING OTHERS"

Also

the most OP attack of all time 100/10
Apr 11, 2017 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
Finally, it looks like they are actually trying to do a good adaption of a LN harem. So many interesting ones went to shit, hope this one breaks the norm.
Apr 11, 2017 7:31 PM

Aug 2016
-Stray said:
Well that got interesting fast, so he is badass, those kids and punks didnt see that coming eh? well neither did we who doesnt know the LN and manga haha.

Im disappointed with the animation, well there really was no animation in that fight at all, bunch of still frames.

Still tho
Glen: What exactly is so great and useful about magic?
Bitchy cat girl: Blah blah *magic is great* blah blah
Glen: So where is it used?
Bitchy cat girl: Blah blah magic blah blah
Glen: Sorry sorry, I was kiddin, magic is great, its extremely helpful.... in killing people.
Me: fuck.... you dont hear this shit in Fairy friendship tail. Shots fired at them kitty ears.

Glen: *see's student tied up about to get raped* Sorry for the intrusion.
Glen: Now I'll end this, with my magical punch! here it comes!!! *kicks*
Rapist: Isnt that a kick?
Glen: Thats what makes it magical.

Bruh. My exact same thought!!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 11, 2017 7:33 PM

Apr 2011
Selica is best, don't let evil people mislead you with their terrible lies!
Tenzen12Apr 11, 2017 7:59 PM
Apr 11, 2017 7:43 PM

Dec 2010
So far so good. Enjoying Glenn as a character. Kinda saw him coming, but that's ok, it was what I was waiting for.

He probably saved that girl from the bad mages, probably has a 'bleh' attitude towards magic due to his history of killing, lots.

Looking forward to more!
Apr 11, 2017 7:48 PM

Dec 2014
delusion/deception?..so the princess(rumia) accepts that magic is best for killing people but as long as it is believed to be done for good..that's a clever way to accept reality and defend your beliefs..

Apr 11, 2017 8:02 PM

Jun 2015
I_LUV_NALU said:
Brb said:

Well, she has. But she's not best girl.
Whos the best girl?

It's Sera
Apr 11, 2017 8:16 PM

Sep 2015
Had a feeling he had something that didnt make him totally worthless.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

335 by ggultra2764 »»
Mar 20, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

258 by nima_bio »»
Jan 30, 3:52 PM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.