Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 17, 2017 2:53 AM

Jun 2014
You know what, fuck this pile of shit, dropped.

1/10

Typical retarded light novel trash, I should've dropped this from episode 1, because that's what every instinct I had was telling me, but I decided to see just why the overall general reception was more positive after this episode. Of course we have the typical insufferable overpowered main character, which is this way because he suffered in the past, since he became a "mage of justice" and ended up killing a bunch of people because of it. Of course he ends up being an excellent teacher after not doing anything for weeks and being an idiot. I'm supposed to believe he suddenly becomes the greatest teacher ever, right. The main girls are as bland and generic as they come, so boring that I couldn't bring myself to care about them in the slightest, and of course one of them is a girl he ended up saving in the past, a princess even, my sides (and of course he doesn't tell her, to comply with the generic retarded patterns of shit light novels). Of course the teachers from the school all leave, leaving the students of the number 1 most prestigious magic school in danger of a potential attack and the improv mc teacher is there to save the day with his incredible magical abilities. So you're telling me all the teachers were unaware that there is an evil organization that could be a potential threat to their facilities? Not true since the blonde haired motherly figure of the MC surely knows about them, at least she could've stayed behind. I could more go in depth but I can't bring myself to care about this trash and I'm already done thinking about it.
alpha_shadowApr 17, 2017 3:14 AM
:3
Apr 17, 2017 9:03 AM
Feb 2016
Anyone notice when after he used the shock bolt spell with one word that he said it was weaker than expected? Think maybe that his power is weakening or something? Just seemed important.
Apr 17, 2017 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is greatly exceeding my expectations! I'm loving it.
Loving his teaching methods, it's amazing when you have a teacher that has different teaching methods from the others, especially when his methods are way more effective ;)
That door part xD "Oh i'm sorry, i will leave then" hahahah
That card removed his powers he still was able to defeat him in an old-school method xD
Can't wait for more episodes!

Oh and btw...loving those ED pics :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 17, 2017 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
uran10 said:
And the naysayers have only begun to experience the greatness.... can't wait for you guys to see hwo next episode goes :)

Dude i'm loving this anime xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 18, 2017 8:18 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode, now it's starting to accelerate and get good xD. I don't really like how Sisti acts, but there is a reason for it. Glad to see Glenn not be worthless too.
Apr 18, 2017 8:40 PM

Jul 2015
I got caught up in the game I almost thought he was going to shout "Persona!" (p4 reference lol)

anyways magical punch is magical

Apr 18, 2017 8:59 PM
Nov 2016
Light Novel Guy is Joseph Joestar.
This whole anime is, like everything else, a Jojo Reference.
Apr 19, 2017 5:37 AM

Dec 2013
Loved the explanation about magic.

That last scene was amazing. That's what make it magical lol
Apr 19, 2017 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
WOW!! WHY HAVENT WATCH THIS MASTERPIECE EARLIER?? BEST OF THE BEST!!

anyway, this was pretty good episode! 4.5/5.
Apr 21, 2017 4:56 AM

Apr 2016
Great turn of events, Glenn is a cool guy after all! Starting to love this this more and more! (o.o)
Apr 21, 2017 6:17 AM
Mar 2017
Cute shironeko 😊 and rumia chan
Apr 21, 2017 3:17 PM

Sep 2013
Only in anime world (or LN), the one's labeled 'zero', bastard or 'rettousei', are truly epic OP charas.

Loving Rumia and also Celcia. From bastard to beloved, the sensei is quite 'lively' ONII-sama.......
Apr 22, 2017 8:55 AM
Apr 2017
Kawaii sisti and rumia but character glenn is yowai(easy)
Apr 22, 2017 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
Now that's more like it! Great to see Glenn get serious and he sure got popular fast :O
Shironeko too adorable not to tease :3 ^^
Need more Celica!!!

Attempted rape lol, that escalated quickly.
>says magical punch
>kicks instead
"That's what makes it magical" LOL I love this guy already.
Chibi Sisti at the end too cute!
nerfxApr 22, 2017 2:22 PM
Apr 24, 2017 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
When Glenn pulled out that "Fool's Arcana" card it reminded me a lot of Persona.
This song came to my mind during that fight scene.
Apr 26, 2017 10:58 AM
Oct 2007
Wowowow, this is getting real interesting even right from the beginning of the episode with all those explanations on magic! Pacing feels quite fast even for a non-manga reader but still very very enjoyable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2017 12:37 AM

Mar 2014
Overall like the first episode I find nothing else besides Glen as motivation to continue watching.

However, my opinion on this school dropped even more. First episode I found out they make their students dress like strippers and now I find out that there isn't a security system. 2 unknown men walked onto campus, kidnapped a student and nearly raped another student. To make matters worst they did this casually.
Apr 28, 2017 10:15 PM

May 2011
Knew the MC was badass even though the first episode was looking otherwise. I'm thinking Celica is going to be my favorite girl ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2017 6:42 AM
Apr 2017
ok but why are all those little girls almost naked.............. just too much fanservice
May 4, 2017 4:13 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was a huge improvement over the first one, I am however not entirely impressed yet. This series still seems very standard to me and the animation quality isn't all that good. It's mostly animated mouths and nothing else.

In the end we got a bit of action, let's see where that leads.
May 4, 2017 4:40 AM

Dec 2012
AHAHAHAHAHA. That Magical Punch? And an ARCANA? Persona??

May 5, 2017 5:22 PM

Feb 2013
So this guy is some kind of super-agent-mage-assassin that is so far beyond the kiddie magic the school teaches...

Rumia best girl. Love her expression :-O
BurntJellyMay 5, 2017 5:28 PM
May 7, 2017 9:04 PM

Feb 2014
Holy shit, this episode was fucking good. Glenn is a badass and the development for two main girls was great. I mean, I was not expecting this to get so dark, and thing is, I'm glad it did. Too many shows always leave out the possibility of rape or fucked up instances when these scumbag guys come into play. The fact of the matter is, our world can be fucked up and bad things happen all the time. I'm glad the author and the studio weren't afraid to explore that aspect and also it didn't feel forced. The whole situation felt believable. To me, that shows some serious guts right there by narrative. Also how blunt and realistic Glenn is, is very refreshing.

Oh my lord, I think I'm gonna be hooked to this show. Gonna watch the next episode right now.
May 30, 2017 8:14 PM
Mar 2017
- warning this review contains spoilers from this anime and from fate/ stay night and Fate anything, and a hint of fairy tail

this anime is somehow making me think it is related to fate/ stay night I mean come on the magic circles ( summoning ritual), ( ep 3 spoilers) Bone golems ( familiars ), Tons of blood, swords, types of magical explosions, the classic "you just died here let me revive you" scene, that one scene from fairy tail were Lucy was kidnapped, and the scene where Shiro got attacked by lancer and then Rin helped him ( the ever so classic " princess is saved by prince and the other way around" scene) if this doesn't scream " im trying so hard to be fate" idk what does and if I go on theres just going to be more of this to add tbh, not to make fun of the studios or anything but im really being honest theres way to much evidence that connects it to fate. as far as im aware this is the first time ive ever seen an anime that is so much like fate that's not even titled with fate but despite the fact it reminds me of fate this anime is pretty good for what its worth if you haven't seen fate I recommend it because its super linked to this anime and I realized that I made a whole bunch of spelling errors but whatever no one will care unless there moody right I think im going to go now before people start throwing rocks at me about this
May 31, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
I liked this episode a lot more than the previous one, but I couldn't take the rape scene serious. Sensei is a fun character, a little shabby and not serious, but that makes him good for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2017 3:12 AM
Jun 2010
greenfoliage said:
The rape scene wasn't most of the episode, yes, but it didn't feel like rape. It felt like a parody, like it's just something that happen. Rape scenes, when done right, should be able to move the viewers so we can feel the pain and horror of it. Only then, when the savior enters, it WILL then make him look badass. Making the rape short is a joke.

Not sure why short would be unbelievable. If she was kidnapped into some construction site or abandoned location and silenced, I could expect him to elongate it but I wouldn't expect him to waste any time in a place like a school, especially since she's so pretty and he was probably itching to do it since the start.
Jun 14, 2017 9:32 AM
Jun 2017
best man anine character as far as i knew
Jun 18, 2017 6:23 AM

Apr 2016
My reaction upon completing this episode:
"Man, fuck Akashic Records! The jokes are beyond predictable, the characters are insufferable, the second episode plays it in ways somrushed thet certain circumstances felt like they would take place 2-4 episodes from then (namely everything after he schools the students about grammar (Sieg Heil)), and the rape scene was handled so horrendously that I was genuinely offended. Even SAO treated those scenes with enough tact not to shove lackadaisical comedy into ATTEMPTED RAPE, and the arcana stuff is just slapped in there unceremoniously for what is a brand new giant revelation about the world's combat systems. I hate the color pallet here, and this show is feeling rather blatantly like Mahouka with the terrorist stuff and MC's powers. Fuck this show! Constructing the review after 2 episodes and it will get built upon during my time with the rest of the show until completion."
Jun 19, 2017 12:48 PM

Jun 2016
Boy I really was not expecting this show to go the rapey direction. I watched the first episode when it first released and wasn't so impressed, but this episode was definitely a big improvement.
Jun 19, 2017 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
A - "Legendary Magical Punch!!!"
B - "But that's a kick!!!"
A - "That's why it's magical!!"

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Haven't laughed this hard in a while. What an homage to KoreZom too (the punchline to Mystletainn Kick is that it's never a kick).
Jun 21, 2017 5:26 AM

Jan 2014
I knew it, this is tipical "Hero hid his true identity and become fool human" thing.
and I am sure its gleen the man Rumia met.
Rumia is some sort of princess, I guess she's from the sky castle above.
Jul 5, 2017 3:47 PM

May 2015

I hate it when bad guys act like generic R@pist A in anime & manga...

Glad that the bastard got what he deserved...
Aug 4, 2017 8:20 AM

Dec 2016
You know what... I actually really liked this episode. Although this show is definitely generic, it is still interesting and funny enough to keep me watching. Hopefully it can stay at this level of enjoyment for me, but if it doesn't, well, that sucks
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 6, 2017 3:41 PM

May 2012
Hoho that ending! Well that was pretty impressive, at first he looked like a wimp, but now it's pretty impressive how he showed off there!
Aug 16, 2017 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
That near-rape was kinda strange, given the age of the girls..

On the other hand, i wonder why not more stories at least..well, not imply, but most stories simply don't make sense. Bandits during medieval Europe, or some mafia boss in pseudo-African/Asian country, who kill without hesitation, who are really sadistic, who sell people for profit whatever..

But raping a beatiful young girl when you have all the time in the world? Maybe it's a handful girls that got kidnapped by a bunch of bandits and they are now making a month-long ocean trip, or they got brought to their pirate island.. i don't want to promote it, far from it, but that nobody even tries simply doesn't make sense when you look at the history of mankind, or whats going on all over the world.

And while it's happening way less afaik, i'm not sure if any anime ever even touched on female pirates/mafia boss whatever and male students..

Serious stuff aside, nice episode. Really different from the first, and Glenn showed why he was recommended. We also got a glimpse at his past, though most is still unclear, especially three years between academy and "started living off Celica one year ago"
Sep 1, 2017 2:12 PM

Jul 2014
Lets see:

• "comedic" scenes where girls groping each other's breasts
  • extremely skanky and revealing female school outfits when the male's is completely normal.
  • MC walking into girl(s) changing. (making fun of the fact that its a tired and cliche situation doesn't change the fact its tired and cliche!)
  • obligatory near rape scene of the female lead (by episode 2 no less??? bravo, bravo)
  • seemingly weak MC that actually has a super unique ability, potentially making him stronger than anyone, so he's actually an OP MC in reality

It's a shame. The "magic system" seems marginally interesting, and the MC is kinda funny. But with all these red flags, its easy to tell what perspective the author is writing from. And that even if he is able to craft an intriguing world with interesting ideas, the trite base level pandering elements will always be there alongside it. This shit is getting old, Japan and LN writers.
Sep 11, 2017 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
Yes yes yes I'm glad he turned out to be a complete badass!
Nov 4, 2017 1:06 PM

Sep 2012
he just causally say's i love u to a girl to demonstrate psychical reaction 😂

"That's what makes it magical" 😂

this guy is killing me 😂

this guy puts previous teachers to shame

seems senseis master has feelings for sensei

Sugram22Jun 13, 2019 1:04 AM
Jun 13, 2019 1:06 AM

Sep 2012
he specializes in anti magic as it seems, thats why hes seems weak as mage
Dec 26, 2019 4:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay apart from the "almost rape" scene which don't really bother me, this episode was great, better than the first one.
Glenn seems to be a great professor afterall, I love how his relation with Sistine and Rumia is developing
Feb 26, 2020 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
Wasn't expecting attempted rape.
Dec 27, 2020 8:51 PM

Apr 2020
HAHAHAHHAH I fucking love Radars.
Mar 20, 2021 12:54 AM

Apr 2009
He actually taught them so well they were interested in the end and even more students attended his class even if it was standing room only. Heck he started by mocking their so called mastery of the basic spell Shock Bolt, deconstructed it by actual demonstration of the spell construction, and showed them what true mastery is!

The face wasn't shown but I think that was actually Glenn who saved Rumia in the past, and that's why he kept looking closely at her face on the first episode. Rumia it seems is also Princess Ermiana who's supposed to be dead, hmmm...might be another ties to the runaway story thing and when Glenn saved her?

He cast anti-magic field centered on himself so he can't use magic too but he can magic-kung-fu-yooo!!! LOL I cackled like mad when the Magic Punch was an actual kick! ROTFLMAO

What a fun episode! I hope the entire series would be like this but that would be asking for too much. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 11, 2021 2:04 AM

Jun 2020
Well god damn that went from 0 to 100 real quick Sistine didn't expect Glenn to flood the floor with facts

Coming from the slow development of an introduction to some flashbacks and they showed Glenn's mastery of Magic this can't get any better

Who are these Incel's that let them in like they're the boss, Shit he's attempting a bad move, and Glenn's reaction to seeing this was hilarious he didn't even think straight that this is weird but damn what a comeback he's almost the strongest of them all, nice "punch" in the face.
May 2, 2022 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
I get that Glenn is purposefully trying to get himself fired, and I get that the title of the series literally describes him to be a bastard, but it's still unpleasant to watch him rant and take out his personal issues at his students, even if he doesn't want anything to do with them. Glad he eventually got over his issues though.

That aside, I don't get the point of those kidnappers waltzing into a high end school, announcing themselves as villains, and revealing their plans to students whom presumedly have various elite relationships and/or affiliations.
ShockedMay 2, 2022 5:26 PM
Sep 10, 2022 5:43 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, finally Glenn started to teach students of his class and new villains appear and take away rumia and Glenn is off to rescue her.

I give this episode 5/10.
Sep 25, 2023 3:08 AM

Apr 2013
I see, so he's basically the protagonist from Index, but he actually has a reason why he can fight.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

335 by ggultra2764 »»
Mar 20, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

258 by nima_bio »»
Jan 30, 3:52 PM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.