Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was...tense.

Didn't expect another episode to focus more on Koga and Teshima. I do feel kinda bad for Koga because of his knee injury. However at the same time, his personality and determination is admirable as he rides in this competition despite not being at 100%.

The way he felt looked really painful. Luck just isn't on Koga's side this time.
Junta is pretty awesome.
Apr 10, 2017 11:34 AM

Jan 2015
No wonder Koga got that nickname. His sense of responsibility even after reminded about his knee injury, is his strongest trait. But after cross that finish line, Koga should really loosen up a bit of his sense of responsibility. Talk about Luck and Miracle.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 10, 2017 12:09 PM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode, Goddamn.

The intensity was off the charts here, never have I rooted for Teshima this much before. I was really hoping he'd win especially after all the backstory.

" I believe there's a moment when an ordinary man beats a genius"
Never stop believing in yourself people, Grow stronger. Take it from Teshima.

That moment when he kept telling himself to grow stronger in the final sprint was just amazing.
Overall, really emotional and heartfelt victory, I couldn't stop smiling once Teshima won heck, I was smiling when the final sprint began.

Easily one of the best episodes till date.
Apr 10, 2017 12:37 PM
Aug 2009
I still don't get why only Teshima's slot should be open for Koga.
As far as he was introduced I feel like he could replace most of the "fix" 6-men team.
Apr 10, 2017 1:18 PM

Jan 2017
God, I love Teshima so much. His thing about being an 'ordinary man' but not giving up anyway is so damn inspiring.
Apr 10, 2017 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
So Teshima won because he had the "power" of his friend cheering on him and him being sick of always being "weak" or last? Thats how he won? I mean, I guess thats like the main idea of this anime, that the weak can overcome the strong, but I find that Teshima beat the "Stamina Monster" with sheer force of all people to be a little far fetched.

Altho it was an amazing episode overall~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 10, 2017 2:05 PM

Feb 2013
Teshima won.
I guess that Koga didn't fully recover from his injury in the end.
Apr 10, 2017 3:31 PM

Aug 2012
Baer said:
As far as he was introduced I feel like he could replace most of the "fix" 6-men team.

He wanted Teshima's slot since he wants to make the best team possible and he's the weakest on the team.
Apr 10, 2017 4:14 PM

Apr 2010
Aww.. the poor Junta who is always have been defetead magically won against a such powerful man like Koda.. yeah sure why not!

Having Koda at the inter-high would have probably made this way more interesting.. but oh well, I guess who can work hard (because Koda didn't worked hard right?!) wins.
Apr 10, 2017 6:07 PM

May 2009
I'm so proud of Teshima, not because he won against someone who clearly had the high advantage of winning this race, but because he proved that an "ordinary" man can beat a "genius" at least once in his lifetime.
LOL Teshima with silky hair was funny( but he's better off with wavy hair XD).
Apr 10, 2017 7:13 PM

Sep 2015
Poor Koga ;-; 1st years showoff should switched out for him
Apr 10, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
Surprising outcome to me. Still wondering how everyone else managed to stay safely ahead of both Koga and Teshima. I'd rather have Issa be in last place and Koga on the team still. It's hard to believe Koga is weaker than Issa.
Apr 10, 2017 9:00 PM

Apr 2013
It is true that Teshima won because of friendship power, but at the same time Koga let his guard down on the most important moment and let him finally pass. Although it is weird that they let the 1st year join the interhigh rather than Koga, but i think the others just assumed that Koga was still injured and used the 1st year to fill that spot. Im still rooting for Koga and hope he will get his chance.
Apr 10, 2017 9:04 PM

Apr 2013
i want koga instead of kaburagi on the team :<
Apr 11, 2017 6:40 AM

Apr 2013
bad episode, these miracle wins just ruin the series
Apr 11, 2017 9:21 AM
Oct 2007
Top notch execution once again!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2017 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
so ordinary Junta won! that means Koga-senpai is a fake prodigy!?
5/5.

Apr 12, 2017 4:33 PM

Oct 2011
Teshima won Ahhhhhh 😭😭😭😭
Apr 13, 2017 8:40 AM

Jun 2011
WOOOOOOOH TESHIMA WOOOOON !!!
Apr 15, 2017 6:54 AM
Jan 2017
The animation quality of this series is fantastic! A level above the first two series and they were damn good.

I wonder if Teshima isnt making a mistake not having Koga on the team. He would make the squad even stronger and he seems more a team player than Kaburagi. Also, who is the second climber afte Onoda? Teshima?

Teshima winning doesnt seem that outrageous - hes been training like crazy to get better and sometimes the will to win overcomes a talent edgd. Koga made a mistake not standing sooner imo - he gets a bigger lead and Teshima probably doesnt catch up.

Is it just me or has the first half of the season felt really rushed? I wouldnt have minded more details and story about all these schools getting ready for the interhigh and a fourth season actually being the race itself
Apr 18, 2017 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
so people can't believe Teshima could win even calling it "miraculous".....but he was keeping up with Koga the whole time and obviously trained shitton before all of this...he never was bad rider. But whatever.

*Junta protection squad*
Apr 21, 2017 2:15 PM
Jan 2017
Baer said:

I think it's because they're both captain material to be honest, two captains on one team never really ends well.
Apr 24, 2017 10:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
continues the camp training, and the same another, the rivalty between this ficticional riders to get a seat in the cycling riding!! How you can imagine, win the "regular" in the series....

...horrible episode another and this series, i loss the course and the ideas is end :(
Apr 29, 2017 6:55 AM

Nov 2009
Eww. Another asspull. And I will never understand why they intentionally make their team weaker by excluding Koga when the slots for possible replacement are not just Teshima's but also that first year Naruko ripoff's because you can't tell me that a man referred to as a genius and stamina baka is worse than that pathetic first year. Seriously, this setup is so ridiculous for the team that supposedly aims for the top.

Overall, this series's quality has been sliding, especially this season. It's nowhere as good as season 1 and a far cry of even the season 2... I've actually started finding it hard to watch and have to make myself sit through some episodes... What a shame.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 10, 2017 7:22 AM
May 2013
This series doesn't make sense again. They just decided to pull Koga out of nowhere and then he is supposed to replace the captain? what a joke xd.

I agree that watching 3rd season has been quite struggle, since everything is getting even more silly.
Jun 27, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2015
I liked seeing Koga-senpais past. So basically he overexerted himself during 1000km training, he did 900 kms and then decided to continue but only did 80 and injuring himself to the point of not being able to ride any longer and after Kinjou got injured by Fuku Koga decided that its his duty to be his team's support, his team's ace. He's kinda like Kinjou here and it seems like he really respects him and owes him a lot. They are really really similar. Glad to see Makishima and other senpais again tho.

Teshima's story is a bit sad :( never winning in a final sprint, never winning a race. Just being an ordinary man against bunch of geniuses who he cant overcome that's sad :( talent decides everything but there's something that ordinary person has that geniuses dont have and he meant "the enormous desire to win" and he demonstrated it against Koga. I gotta say that him winning against Koga beating him in the end where Koga looked like he is 10000x stronger.... Well i'll guess its just Yowapeda's logic that always happens. Happened with Onoda a ton, but Onoda is a genius while Teshima is not so it didnt make sense that he won against Koga so im a bit bitter from kinda poor writing.

All in all i didnt like this episode that much felt kinda boring since i know that Teshima will win regardless, backstories were nice though. I do like Koga but since he JUST RECENTLY appeared out of nowhere hard to care for him more than for Teshima. Also i really really dont like how we dont see other characters like Onoda he is your main character remember guys? where is he? Why dont we see how Issa deals with 1000km training? the whole focus is on Koga and Teshima with expected result and i already said i didnt like how Teshima suddenly got ahead of what seemed to be Koga who is way ahead.

Lastly really happy to see that Teshima really values Tadokoro and is immensely grateful to him. The only one who believed in him when he needed him and helped him a lot.
Jul 3, 2017 7:18 PM

Aug 2007
I think Teshima is shaping up to be my favorite character this season. For one, he is the one who seems to have done much growing between seasons and the way his past was presented was really wonderful. As for Teshima winning against Koga, it wasn't just will power although Yowapeda does veer into that territory fairly often (but not always, look at Sugimoto). Koga underestimated Teshima, he says it himself- once he started dancing and overtook Teshima, he was sure Teshima was done for. Which, come to think of it, almost always happens in this anime.

I so hope Koga will take Issa's place...Issa is so 'genetic shounen' that he ends up overlapping with Naruko. The character design does not exactly help either as his hair is basically Naruko's slicked down and slightly paler. I doubt it but it would have been pretty cool.

Besides, we'll get no end of Issa but this Koga's last Inter-High and that makes me root for him.
Sep 14, 2017 8:49 PM

Mar 2015
Yeap, called it. Teshima was always gonna remain captain, but the drama and competition was nice!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 28, 2021 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
I wish they introduced Koga in s1 even if he only would show basic interaction because now he feels too shoehorned into the story but I guess he serves as Teshima's character development.

Dec 1, 2022 12:21 PM

Oct 2015
Second time watching and Junta... oh Junta... I've always been so proud of and inspired by you.

When Teshima asked Aoyagi to cheer for him and Aoyagi responded like, who else was he gonna cheer for?? Awee I was so moved by how these two depended and believed in each other! I really love this pair! They're so genuine and sweet... GOSH I SHIP THE—
   HuaLian <3
Feb 5, 2023 12:18 PM
Dec 2022
Junta! U did it! Congrats! I knew you could do it!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2017

34 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

48 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

39 by sophiaer »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

59 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.