Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 24, 2017 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
Manga ended. End me too nigga. My ship sunk again.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 3, 2017 12:39 AM

Sep 2014
No idea how to explain my feelings... My favorite ship won, yet that ending was just so unsatisfying.

I really thought Hayate did love Nagi, but nope, turns out he never did, until he suddenly does over the time-skip. By the by, I despise time-skips.

And what is with this ridiculous idea that people can't grow if they have support? It's so dang dumb, but I've seen it pop up a lot in mangas.

Oh well, at least it was a Hayate/Nagi ending.
CasyleDec 2, 2022 8:53 PM
Aug 10, 2017 1:56 AM

Apr 2010
That was quite the terrible ending.
Aug 26, 2017 12:59 AM
Aug 2015
Well, I was a bit disappointed with the ending (and the last chapters too). Felt like too much time was spent on the climax, and then the manga suddenly ended. Did Hina actually confess to Hayate? I guess I was cheering for her till the very end. This manga had so many good characters, I'm a bit sad to see how things ended. I wish a movie could be made to show the end of the manga, including an epilogue so we know what happened to the other characters.
Aug 31, 2017 9:33 AM
Jul 2017
The ending was kinda too forced, i mean like it didn't show what happen to Maria, Hina, A-Tan(My Ship), Ruka, and etc after 2 year time skip.

Now...., my question is :
Is it really over ? :/
Nov 3, 2017 12:25 PM
Feb 2015
After Athena got rejected (or rejected Hayate as the dumb butler would put it), I stopped caring for this manga and just skimmed through the other chapters from time to time because I know where this is going and seeing it happen is really disappointing.

My god, Hata treated the other girls like shit, especially Hina. He just used them to boost his manga's popularity and then went on with his shitty idea of an ending just like that. Damn you Hata, you broke my heart.
Nov 16, 2017 8:52 PM
Aug 2009
well its finally over but still, Hina losing still hurts :(
Apr 5, 2018 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
was really hoping for any other girl besides nagi to win
Apr 10, 2018 4:59 AM
Apr 2018
after athena's arc, i stopped read this manga, because i can see its ending.... i hate it
Sep 27, 2018 11:16 PM
Sep 2018
Just finished reading through 200 chapters since i dropped this manga from the arc where hayate was seeking out for his brother to get the king's stone back. A lot of emotion inside me bursted out and now i feel happy that i get to see the long-awaited last chapter.

Although it's a little bit sad to see my bias, Athena to be once again aparted with the one she loves. It's a sorrowful example of how first love ain't gonna last forever. Even I feel sad for Athena because at the time that i started reading this manga, I also suffered a lot from first love so I kinda feel how it's like to not being together with someone you love wholeheartedly. And frankly speaking the scene when Athena and Hayato reunited in Greece was like the best scene in the whole manga and that's the thing that makes me delve into reading manga. My eyes are all teary right now :(

And about Hinagiku, i think whenever she blushes and thinks about Hayato that is the moment that she looks the most beautiful. Can't believe a girl like that can be rejected. Even though i was not quite into her since the start mostly because she's a bit flat :v but after seeing her strongly unrequited love, i think i had a crush on her and that changed my whole mindset of bias =))

Finally Maria, the silent heroine of the series, gosh i wish i could see her reuniting with other characters just one last time :( :(. She was like the most thoughtful and sweetess maid i have ever seen. I just hope to see that she and Hayate can have some chat in the future like siblings.

Oh almost forgot our main character Hayate, well i got nothing to say about him because there are lots of flaw in his characteristic but since he's the main of this harem manga I didn't expect much from him.

After all, tks hata sensei for your wonderful works. Your manga has been with me along the most important time in my youth and become my most favorite manga after 8 years of reading it. At first i thought it's just a girl comic but now i understand there's more in the stories you created. Sad to say farewell to Hayate no Gotoku but i wish hata sensei's tonikaku kawaii will be a success .

P/s 1: I don't really like the ending but ya it logical to have that ending.
P/s 2: Sad to see other girls got rejected but it's a common thing in harem manga.
P/s 3: Why Nagi? her bond with hayato in the love field isn't that much strong as with Atan. Hata sensei seemed to have spoiled hayato's characteristic as a man!
Best regards

JusticeForAtanSep 27, 2018 11:21 PM
Oct 7, 2018 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
I don't understand how anyone can give this thing a score higher than a 5/10, especially after that ending.
Oct 27, 2018 7:47 AM
Dec 2017
Hina it’s ok you’re still best girl and A-tan
Nov 5, 2018 2:48 AM

Jun 2015
Like we all know how this is going to end. Even though you have a lot of better heroine(in my opinion), you always pick the first heroine. AND WHY YOU CUT HINAGIKU CONFESSION JUST LIKE THAT. You treat the (one of the) most popular heroine confession like it was nothing. I was waiting for that for years and years and years, seeing her realise her feelings, trying to confess her feeling, get indirectly shot down, forming a rivalry with Hamster, etc. Then her long awaited confession end with just 1 page. 1 PAGE...

Also the overall ending is just too short. Like you could've make a summary on each character(or at least the most prominent one). I got the feel that about half way or at least the ending, Hata-sensei is in some kind of lump or kind of lost interest.
Jan 18, 2019 9:32 AM
Oct 2015
Hinagiku gets a second chance with the author's next manga. This heroine is pretty similar to Hina, looks and a bit of her personallity. MC also acts and looks likr Hayate.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/112589/Tonikaku_Kawaii
RemiCadJan 18, 2019 9:38 AM
Jul 7, 2019 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
RemiCad said:
Hinagiku gets a second chance with the author's next manga. This heroine is pretty similar to Hina, looks and a bit of her personallity. MC also acts and looks likr Hayate.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/112589/Tonikaku_Kawaii

heres hoping he doesnt well HnG his new one; im enjoying it more than I did HnG
Oct 23, 2019 9:24 PM
Oct 2019
megmica said:
So what? Hinagiku being rejected by hayate offscreen?

I liked how the end tells about Nagi who became independent and cool, but hata-sensei treated other heroines like shit.
ruka, a-tan, hamster, that poor girl that i barely remember her name, and now hinagiku.
(is there gonna be s5?)
Dec 27, 2019 11:11 PM
Sep 2018
Man, Hata really did the other girls beside Nagi dirty. He literally threw all of them out of a window. But yeah, I started this series with quite a bit of knowledge of how harem genre works. Expecting that all the way from chapter 1. But still, this is a really good series with an almost Gintama level of comedy (still can't get there tho). I had a great laugh throughout the series
Jan 14, 2020 3:59 AM

Apr 2012
It's sad really, the way Hata put fillers above all else. Still, this is a series I'll remember with a smile, especially for the first 25 volumes.
Sep 17, 2020 5:28 AM
Jul 2019
Ahhhh, owari da. It's finally over. This was the longest manga I've ever read and I gotta say, I'm not disappointed. Despite the pointless chapters, I enjoyed every bit of it. It wasn't boring and it was somehow kept fresh, it didn't feel like a rehash of previous chapters. It was consistently good and entertaining. But that doesn't mean it didn't have flaws. While I did enjoy these chapters, a lot of them felt wasted. There are still questions lingering in my mind that could've been covered by these pointless chapters. I'm not gonna state them obviously as this series is so long I would go on a tangent.

The story isn't the main point of this series, for me at least but what it stands for. A gag manga that should've only lasted for a year but kept going for 13 years because of its random yet witty humor. It doesn't take itself seriously while also using those parts as its main plot, like with the first misunderstanding. Like I said before, the humor feels fresh and never recycled. It references popular medium that fans would enjoy and provides a great easter egg hunt. Characters have their own personality that makes them unique and lovable. Their interactions keep this story lively and fun. This is the reason why I find Hayate entertaining for over 568 chapters.

Now for the story itself. It's not original yet it has its own identity. Hayate takes these popular tropes, clichés, twists and plot devices and make it its own. The story isn't something groundbreaking but will still keep you engaged and entertained nonetheless.

The best arc in my opinion is A-tan's arc. It deals with loss and human relationships and how it can make and destroy you while also providing good character development for both protagonist and heroine of said arc. I am still sad that both of them parted ways and I was hoping that she still has a chance because I can see the fire still burning. But alas, it didn't happen. A-tan is still best girl though.

That's pretty much it. I don't know why I keep switching between formal and informal speeches but just think of that as an overall review and how I'm serious about this. Anyway if you read this, I hope you liked it.

Overall score: 8/10.

I did enjoy the entire series as a whole, but I don't know about the ending itself. I used to be a Hina supporter then A-tan appeared. I was an Athena fan since. That's really the only romance part of the series (Also Ruka) and it was good romance. So it's sad that they didn't turn into a couple yet again. We saw him still thinking about her after her arc and we saw A-tan confirming that she still loves him. So. Why. Did. It. Not. Work? I can't tell if it was a Nagi ending. They did hold hands but that's not enough confirmation. Also, did he change his opinion regarding Nagi? Didn't he see her as his daughter or something? Now he sees him as a member of the opposite sex after that?

For real though, I felt genuine pain after A-tan's arc. Still best girl no doubt.
SomeGuyWithHairSep 17, 2020 5:38 AM
Jan 9, 2021 5:34 AM
Jan 2008
Yeah I have to say I am not surprised Hayate ended up with Nagi, but as others have said it is deeply frustrating considering it had seemed to me like he might actually be taking the more courageous route of making them more a big bro/lil sis relationship. He really fooled me when Hayate admitted to not loving her in that way. Instead he went the usual way of first girl/MC. Perhaps he thought a 16-year-old getting together with a 13 year-old was inappropriate, but I'm not sure a two year time skip at the end really makes it much better when they've only aged a year throughout the story. It's just a strange choice to me when your own character polls show that Hina was by far the most popular character to not have her and Hayate end up together.
Jan 15, 2021 3:16 AM

Mar 2017
Perhaps it's because I binged read it, but it's a very ok ending for me. Reunion avec Nagi is quite ok after the time skip.
A bit surprise that the president's confession was offscreen, but it had to finish in this chapter, and it would have taken too long. Eh, at least she can fly now !
What was funny it's that the romance part don't seem in fact the most important thing here xD

PS : More info about Maria in the next bonus chapter !
L・Ψ・≅
Mar 20, 2021 9:44 AM
May 2010
I started this manga when I was 16, and now I'm 27, and just finished it yesterday...at first I had mixed feelings. I like the build-up and they actually made me care about the whole Royal Palace thing despite being way more interested in how the characters end up.

I think the one weird thing for me was how Hina's confession was cut off, I expected us to get back to that at some point but we just...never did. At first it was hard to accept Nagi being the one who won, simply because it seemed like it was leading up to the girls dropping one by one and it naturally seemed she was one of them.

But after thinking more about it, even if there's some argument for the ending being rather open since it could just be Hayate wanting to be back in Nagi's life to help her, now that she has matured and grown, and they can stand as equals, the more I realize this ending is fine. Hayate admited initially it was a misunderstanding, and when he was asked if he loved Nagi he had no response. It's not impossible that he hadn't even thought about her that way since he was so focused on being a butler. When given some time, he decided he did want to continue being with her.

Which would mean that when Hina confessed, he couldn't accept her feelings because he was still processing his own.

Through all of its flaws, this is a series I will always hold dear, that has made me laugh so so much and tear up, and feel all sorts of emotions, and it all started with a misunderstanding.

Mar 24, 2021 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
Blegh. Unfortunate that I read through all this to get this trash chapter.
Apr 9, 2021 6:03 AM
Sep 2013
I started watching this series back in 2008 ..then I got to know about the manga...
And now I am 26 ..i finished the manga 3 years ago
I am a hinagiku fan...for her cuteness along her personality and caring towards all.. And self sacrificing attitude towards hayate
I feared this would happen that hayate probably end up with nagi...
As hatas favourite was always nagi...but honestly hats made characters like hina is so perfect that beats the main character as well

But this manga had a rushed ending ...
Hayate never had that type of feeling towards nagi... Just protecting type... It always was...

Hayate fan base still rooting for hina.. It was a injustice to her after what she went through... She deserved a bit better..
Nonetheless hayate the combat butler will always be in my mind.. Came to know about such characters in the series specially hayate and hina

I still think hats can revisit the manga and make a spin off?
Cause the series has still some potential left.. And newer readers of tonikaku kawai will also know the masterpiece of hayate series..

I just saw the hina 3 album video for the cover(officially).. It was so well made for them like a couple that were meant to be
Hope Someday I will live to see Hina gets what she deserved
Dec 28, 2021 7:00 AM

Mar 2015
I think I'm pretty fine with the ending. It was rushed for sure and I would've wanted a closure for Hina. I mean, we have gotten closure for Athena, Ayumu (she would be with Hayate if he hadn't met Nagi) and Ruka's conclusion was satisfying on itself.

What I would've wanted to see was Hayate's birthday + the Watch she's been promising for so many chapters. Then Nagi's birthday was practically skipped too. We didn't even see whether Nagi won that manga magazine or not.

But yeah, you can see Hata has been wanting for Nagi end since way back then in chapter 239. Because Hayate didn't have Nagi as one of the girls where his feelings was different like with Athena.

Dec 1, 2022 5:43 AM

Feb 2017
Gee that choice was disappointing. Though, I don't really mind. From the start, Hayate doesn't seem to have any special feeling toward the any of the girls except Ah-tan, though unfortunately she stepped off at the end of her own arc. So any girl he chooses doesn't feel forced to me, even when the girl is Fumi or Isumi.

Maria and Ah-tan are the better choices btw.
Edit: Nvm. Ah-tan's the better choice.
addictedtolivingDec 1, 2022 5:51 AM
Feb 13, 4:30 PM

Jun 2016
Hina's confession was basically non existent.

Where's Maria?

Was Hayate tailing Nagi for two years or just showed back up now?

Maybe this will be answered in The Future Since Then chapter.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 517 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

6 by TheLostLight »»
Feb 15, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 569 Discussion

Icedout15 - Apr 5, 2018

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 567 Discussion

Ishkoten - Apr 6, 2017

8 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 566 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2017

2 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 565 Discussion

Ishkoten - Mar 21, 2017

11 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 2:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.