Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2017 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
This series... I never feel like watching it. When I start it I am interested until the end. When it's finally over I feel like I wasted my time. I don't know how to feel about this series.
Apr 14, 2017 11:17 PM

Mar 2016
I went into this with no info and now I'm thinking this is horror meant for children rather than teens & adults. This episode is just one big trope and the kind of scary story you might tell to an 8-year-old to convince them not to go outside in a snow storm, not like, legitimate horror.

For a minute I thought it would take a darker turn, like "the snowman was never real" and the kid just murdered his father (I'm a sucker for those kind of short horror stories). Or even just having the snowman push the kid off, which could have been funny. But no... I think I'm going to drop the series since I'm... outside the target demographic and can't even appreciate it from a comedic point of view... :/
iridiApr 14, 2017 11:22 PM

artist | doofus | joiner (but not finisher) of challenges
Apr 17, 2017 5:20 AM

Jan 2017
ohh this episode was good, i didnt like the first episode much
Apr 17, 2017 4:44 PM

Jun 2014
Lmao. This show is gold.

Pity people can't appreciate this comedy.
Apr 17, 2017 11:42 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This is the last time I pick up anything related to Yamishibai. After this ends, I'm out. I should have known when I saw that the director was the director of Yamishibai season 2. No more.
I really wanted to give this a chance since it seemed like they were taking another approach. Yeah, approached a cliff, fell right off it, didn't die, but gave me a word of caution before it died. Enough. I really hope the rest of the episodes beef up. If they do, I might consider giving future works related to Yamishibai a chance again (like I foolishly did with this one). If not, just... bye.
It's just, right now this show is sloppy. It's all sloppy. I feel like the creators just fail to grasp what it is that truly tugs at an audience's fears. This episode, they danced around the feeling of loneliness, but they didn't use it the right way at all. Just... disappointing.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 14, 2017 2:42 AM

Aug 2012
lol, I'm going to guess it wasn't intentional but this episode definitely made me laugh, which is a big improvement over the last episode (& a lot of Yami Shibai too). I really like that they're changing the aesthetics with each episode too. I'll be pretty shocked if they top gleeful father murder with buddy snowman but at least the different styles will make it more interesting to watch.
Jun 24, 2017 12:25 PM

Jun 2017
The twist was so so so obvious since the second he appeared...

but it was better than episode 1 at least.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 13 Discussion

Ranxomare - Jun 25, 2017

35 by bushman66 »»
Nov 12, 2022 5:01 PM

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

el_morris - May 14, 2017

58 by Konekoneko »»
Oct 2, 2022 1:21 PM

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alpha_shadow - Apr 2, 2017

90 by Konekoneko »»
Oct 1, 2022 10:17 PM

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 8 Discussion

JarneW - May 21, 2017

31 by Janethan23 »»
Sep 26, 2022 7:55 PM

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 3 Discussion

el_morris - Apr 16, 2017

36 by Golanul »»
Apr 8, 2022 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.