Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2017 3:44 AM

Mar 2015
New scenes in the OP!!

Also, awesome that we're finally moving forward! Can't wait to meet Charlotte Pudding!

Also, the scene leading up to catching the big fish was hilarious
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 15, 2017 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
What's that stupid bit about Sora the super hero guy? Fucking BS

That fugly chick looks really familiar.
Apr 22, 2017 6:30 PM

Jan 2012
Sanji family is dumb

May 1, 2017 3:56 PM
Feb 2017
ooooo Sanji's fiance is quite cute. Luffys face at the end lmao
Jun 1, 2017 7:03 PM

May 2014
I want to commend whoever worked on the art/animation this episode because it looked brilliant! Kind of similar to early One Piece.

It's so weird seeing Sanji completely separated from the crew, and I kind of forgot how antsy he is around strangers. Wonder what the hell is going through his head :/

Nothing really surprising for me this ep though since I have been spoiled about a lot of stuff in Whole Cake Island- including Pudding. Still great to finally see it happening though ^^

Tbh I think I have a bit of a soft spot for Vito lol

Whole Cake Island definitely looks like it's gonna be an interesting location!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 10:24 AM

May 2010
Meh, no new opening, only some minor changes added to the animation, too bad :<

Other than that, Pudding sure seems cute :o Can't wait for Sanji to actually meet her.
Jul 15, 2017 6:00 AM

Jan 2013
J053PH said:
Big Mom is actually not as big as I thought she was. Interesting to see how they've been treating Ssnji since he was captured.

That was def not Big Mom is you were refering to the girl that was punishing Gotti, in fact that was either a girl we met at Thriller Bark (Lola or maybe her sister since Lola missed a tooth.)

Sanji quickly re-assessing his options, Pudding looking HELLA fine :D
Oct 11, 2017 3:33 AM

Apr 2013
Slooooooow... also I knew Lola would be affiliated somehow with Big Mom, though I expected her to be the daughter :o
May 28, 2020 11:22 PM

Jun 2016
We got a lot more content involving Sanji’s disdain for his family. Being told of his father's wishes, having a fanboy of Germa in Vito, and having Caesar mention his Vinsmoke blood. In the opening it looked like Sanji was even imprisoned as a child or something, maybe by his abusive family of assassins. But regardless, Sanji is keeping his emotions under control. He’s hot headed and in love with Pudding but not nearly as explosive as you come to expect of him. This is a serious situation and he knows that. Adamant about refusing the marriage, he’s come here to solidify the separation of him and his family. I particularly liked Sanji’s line about only cooking for friends. While this is a lie according to him feeding anyone who is hungry, it did hold weight as Sanji trained in his personal hell for years, not for Big Mom, but for his friends. If anything will force Sanji to betray the crew, it has to be something heavier than those years on Kamabakka and I’m excited to see where this goes.

Tamago stated that Pekoms got what was coming to him, which is what we should probably expect from an Emperor’s group like Big Mom. In fact, they think he’s dead or so it seemed from the dialogue. And if they were happy that he was dead for prioritizing personal feelings over Mom, to now bring along Big Mom’s enemies to crash such an important event, I’m slightly concerned for the fate that awaits Pekoms. He does hold loyalty towards Mom and his interactions with the family from this point onwards should be quite illustrative of their methods.

Talking doors and singing ships, chess piece soldiers, outposts that will strike any non Big Mom ship, cotton candy rain, but the most interesting part of all, a woman who looked just like Lola. The theory that Lola is Big Mom’s daughter has been huge, and the idea that 34 of Big Mom’s daughters all look like Lola and Sanji’s fiance is the one that happens to be beautiful is just too funny.

I also wonder if the Sora comic will come up again. Vito described it as navy propaganda to brainwash kids on the Navy’s righteousness and power. One thing that struck me as interesting was that the seagull was resting on Sora’s head in some of the art we were shown, and we know a particular former fleet admiral who had a seagull hat, don’t we? Is Sora based on Sengoku or is that reading too far into it? Hmm.

Hitman Gotti is really cute by the way.
Jun 21, 2020 10:37 AM
Jun 2020
Sanji is pretty lucky to have Pudding as the female who he will marry because that woman could be the same beauty as big mom and i think sanji will not want that xD

I don't know how the straw hats are hungry because in the filler arc they got food and that means Toei fucked things a little bit.
Sep 13, 2020 7:44 AM

Mar 2020
Lmao "emergency food"
Jul 4, 2021 11:25 AM

May 2016
The whole comic book segment was a jarring and a rather ham-fisted way of introducing Germa 66 but I'll give it credit for how it was mentioned that comics like that serve as propaganda for children made by the World Government.

Pudding looks absolutely adorable so I can't blame Sanji for having a moment of weakness for a second there. I'm very interested at seeing what his family is like, too!

Could that woman be Lola's mother? She looks similar enough to be her identical twin so it's also possible that she's her sister I guess.

Aug 18, 2021 4:16 AM

Jun 2019
Emergency food. LMAO. Sanji's reaction was gold.
Sep 3, 2021 11:08 AM

Aug 2021
Lola from thriller bark was daughter of Big Mom!?

Emergency food XD
Oct 26, 2022 7:17 AM
Jan 2019
Great adventures!
Jun 25, 2023 7:19 PM
Aug 2022
better than naruto
Aug 19, 2023 2:06 PM
Jun 2020
My gosh you guys. This show keeps getting better. OMG Guys. Have you seen chopper becoming a grandpa? Man, I wish that was my grandpa. LOL. And what is up with that sanji guy?? Guys I will recommend this show. Oh and Kaido is a scary man. I wonder what is up with that guy. Man I will watch the show.
Jan 15, 1:57 AM
Oct 2019
Ah yes finally Whole Cake Island Arc begun.

Oh familiar face, it's the girl from Thriller Bark.

Chopper = Emergency Food LMAO

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
Today, 8:09 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.