Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really nice to see this show return.

The first episode didn't waste much time getting right to the point either with the action and magical elements. Nina (the new girl) is cute. A bit girly in some ways but I think she has a charm to her character.

Glad to see characters from the previous season return too like Kaisar and Rita.
First episode is titled Red Dragon and I'm pretty satisfied with the start.

Stark700Apr 7, 2017 10:39 AM
Apr 7, 2017 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:

I haven't seen it yet so no spoilers if possible please, but is Amira at least mentioned or referred to in the first episode? T_T
Apr 7, 2017 12:32 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
SalemWitch said:
Stark700 said:

I haven't seen it yet so no spoilers if possible please, but is Amira at least mentioned or referred to in the first episode? T_T

Guys stop asking about Amira, if she returns, I m sure it would never be on the first couple of episodes, wait till half or more of the show sreens first.
Apr 7, 2017 2:12 PM
Jan 2011
This episode was a really weird mix of epic and funny. I like it :)
A really strong start and I really enjoyed it.

Honestly, since I'm already reading the attack on titan manga + I intend to wait for the english dub of attack on titan s2 this show is what I'm looking forward to most this season.

P. S. Nina's full name in the credits is Nina Drango (Dorango). Fitting name.
Dante323Apr 7, 2017 3:13 PM
Apr 7, 2017 4:23 PM
Jun 2015
for the 1st episode just started good in many ways..
and that deja vu feelings dude, bring that 1st memories back.
Apr 7, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2015
It hasn't been long since I watched the first season, so I'm glad I could pick this up so soon!

Does Nina fall in love with every handsome guy she meets? She's so childish...xD. Childish with incredible strength and big appetite, she's like a copy of Amira from season 1...and she's a fucking dragon .__.
joe_g7Apr 7, 2017 11:06 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 7, 2017 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
Ragged demon was so obvious who he was lol. Wasn't really trying to hide it, I guess. Was a pretty funny episode.
TyrelApr 7, 2017 5:15 PM
Apr 7, 2017 5:37 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now that is how you start a first episode.....My goodness I have so many questions and I feel a certain type of way because of them

First of all, it's pretty interesting and messed up to see how this new king united all the humans/the kingdom and now monsters and other magical beings are being persecuted and treated like animals/slaves and I feel pretty bad for them

Secondly, this new king looks CRAZY powerful and clearly he's dwelling in some shady and evil shit and based off of his personality, I don't think I'm gonna like him....Especially since he seems to be using his power to preasure my boy Kaisar (Great to see him again)

Thirdly, I find it ironic how Bacchus is buddy buddy with another main character lol and speaking of the MC, Nina is a good follow up to Favaro lol because I did not expect this girl to LITERALLY be a Fujoshi lol and WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT DRAGON THING LMFAOOOOOOO

News just in ladies and gentlemen, all Fujoshi will turn into a powerful dragon once they reach maximum excitement from being around hot guys lol....That was crazy lol but other than that, I love her personality, and NOW I understand why she's so strong etc....I really wanna know why though so I'm looking forward to that

Lastly, it looks like the Bandaged guy is Lucifer.....Pretty intriguing to see him in a vigilante type of role and I like it...And was that Rita at the end there? Either way this was a great start and everything was really great (Visuals, Action, Music etc...Great stuff all across the board)

Still, I miss my main man FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and best girl Amira :( I hope that we can see her again in this new season somehow along with Jeanne
Apr 7, 2017 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
Fuck yes,the one of only two shows I'm hyped for this season is finally back!

They revealed that Nina was part dragon faster than I expected,guess whenever she gets to excited by being near a male she transforms.

Sucks we didn't get to hear the OP or ED this episode.
Apr 7, 2017 5:52 PM

Jul 2010
Much better than S1 start already, remember I thought it was quite meh at the start tbh and then got more into it even though it dwindled again towards the end but this start to S2 is very strong and dare I say I care already about Nina more than I ever did about Favaro. Sorry but I wasn't a fan of his personality nor his afro. Can't wait to see where this new journey will lead.

Also at first when Nina got excited and grew for a bit there I almost thought she would turn into a giantess but turns out she was a big motherfucking dragon instead.
Apr 7, 2017 6:33 PM

Jun 2015
I'm so glad this show is back. Good to see characters from the previous season, except for Favaro. Got a new character at least. Nina is quite an energetic character. It seems whenever she gets too excited next to a man, she transforms into a dragon. Her dragon form is very cool. It was obvious who the Ragged Demon was, but I don't think they were trying to hide it. Very strong start for this new season. Looking forward to see more.
Apr 7, 2017 6:35 PM

Nov 2014
SalemWitch said:
Stark700 said:

She is not listed in the characters list at all so my guess is not a chance she will return, story has been 10 years since the ending of the first season (with a 6 month time skip at the very end of it)

My guess is 1 or 2 more episodes Favaro will show up though. But i wish Amira would return, so far i am liking this new girl however.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Apr 7, 2017 6:45 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty good start, glad to see so many characters are back!
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 7, 2017 7:07 PM

Jan 2016
Yo where my nigga Favaro at? Anyway this episode was fuckn epic and Nina is cool,I guess I don't mind her being the MC.
Apr 7, 2017 7:23 PM

Mar 2016
Some CG but the animation was pretty dope. I know they wanted to try and aim to complete the animation before the series goes on air but they hit a bunch of delays.
They might be almost done. Also they were recording episode 10's music recently, so they might have the scores done all the way up to episode 12 because music is usually delivered for groups of 3 episodes.
Apr 7, 2017 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
This episode didn't disappointed me at the slightest! Great way to start up the first season after almost being 3 years since the last time this was out (2 and a half though). My memory is kinda skewed though with S1 so I'll try to get this pieced out from the memory.

I actually really liked how they gave the background from the past in the very sense a bit towards Nina's perspective point of view, especially with the gap to explain why maybe she even moved to this place for reason.

The other thing is that in this new season in terms of the 10 year gap... lots of things have changed since last time... and well the king in here for the kingdom is rather strict and at the same time being shit towards the demons and other creatures as shit... which in the era where it's at, it makes sense.

Third I'm curious to where this would go considering this is like years after the events of S1, especially with the ending of S1 which was left open... so I'm curious how they will reveal things up a notch around.

My only complaint and it's only minor so far, is that there are some CGI that do not really blend well... in some cases. Other than that in terms of production it looked fantastic, if not better than S1 so far.
Apr 7, 2017 8:17 PM

Jul 2014
My most anticipared show for this season is back and it was awesome.

Apr 7, 2017 8:21 PM

Mar 2017
Ahhhh I miss Amira so much, I truly enjoyed her as one of the main characters. It won't be the same for me, but I'm excited to see what happens!
Apr 7, 2017 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
Great to see this show back for a 2nd Season. Art & Animation is looking great.

Humans vs Angels at the start.
Nina is full of energy & she can lift as well as run real fast.

Azazel as the Rag Demon is cool. Nice to see more of him.
Great to see familiar faces like Kaisar & Rita at the end.

Woah the Red Dragon is strong.
Excited to see more. Hopefully we get to see Favaro soon.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 7, 2017 8:52 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 7, 2017 8:45 PM

Dec 2016
Nice to see this back again. I really enjoyed the 1st season.

We get to see a lot of familiar faces.

I had a feeling that Nina wasn't a human from when she was carrying all that heavy stuff.

So when her emotions of love hits a fever pitch she turn into a dragon lol.

Apr 7, 2017 8:45 PM

Sep 2011
Tokoya said:

Lastly, it looks like the Bandaged guy is Lucifer.....Pretty intriguing to see him in a vigilante type of role and I like it...And was that Rita at the end there? Either way this was a great start and everything was really great (Visuals, Action, Music etc...Great stuff all across the board)
Pretty sure it's Azazel if anyone. He's the only one that we know who has met with the previous characters, and seeing as how he knew Kaisar. Also, he had the same tattoo mark or whatever as Azazel did.
Apr 7, 2017 9:19 PM
Oct 2007
High production value just like season 1 but who thinks the red dragon had an even worse design than Viktoriya in Youjo Senki??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2017 9:23 PM
Jun 2008
azazels a good guy now? Interesting.

needs more Favaro imo.

Faaaaavaro haters can go ____ __________
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Apr 7, 2017 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
24 episode s2, thank the heavens

Apr 7, 2017 9:29 PM

Jul 2015
MAPPA delivers, though I hope they don't burn through that animation budget. A non-CG dragon in this day and age is a great sight to see
Apr 7, 2017 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
Man I did not think this show was gonna get a season 2 but I'm glad to have it back in my life. And now to enjoy 24 episodes of glory. Fridays and Saturdays of Spring 2017 are officially my days.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 7, 2017 9:30 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tyrel said:
Tokoya said:

Pretty sure it's Azazel if anyone. He's the only one that we know who has met with the previous characters, and seeing as how he knew Kaisar. Also, he had the same tattoo mark or whatever as Azazel did.
I had a massive brain fart there....I dunno how I mixed up him and Lucifer lol
Apr 7, 2017 9:46 PM
Jul 2014
So glad this is finally back, awesome premiere. Animation/artwork was top notch. I'm liking Nina a lot so far, she seems like she'll fit in well with the rest of the main cast.

I know we'll see Favaro sooner or later but I really hope Amira eventually appears somehow as well.
Apr 7, 2017 9:49 PM

Jun 2012
Nina is a strong, cute, and lovable dork. 2 cour of her adventures is sure to be a good time
Apr 7, 2017 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
Good start. Nice to see Rita at the end. I hope she still main but MAL listed her as supporting.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 7, 2017 10:05 PM

Oct 2011
Omg it's back yes! !!!!
Apr 7, 2017 10:06 PM
Jan 2013
Shingeki No Bahamut is one of my favorite anime series to come out in years. I remember when the first season debuted back in late 2014. I'm still in love with the animation, artwork, the characters, and how adventurous it feels. The first episode of this new season was really good. Action and comedy throughout the episode was epic. This is gonna be an incredible season.
Apr 7, 2017 10:16 PM

Nov 2011
My favorite has come back.
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 7, 2017 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
for a show based of a CT game it was great nice to see it back not gonna say much since it's the first episode of a 2 cour but since playing granblue my love for Amira has been boosted so i hope we see her later on since it looks like most of the old characters are back or will be at some point

music was great.
Apr 7, 2017 10:40 PM

Aug 2014
Goddamn Nina is cute. Armor design questionable though. Bahamut's characters are as beautiful and expressive as always.
QuattroVaginasApr 7, 2017 10:44 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 7, 2017 10:48 PM

Jul 2014
Finished season 1 for the first time last week and loved it <3 and somehow the 2ed season is already just as magical🦄
Apr 7, 2017 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
THIS is how you do CGI. Every other studio, take notes

Apr 7, 2017 10:50 PM

Dec 2013
Back with a bang!

The 10 year time skip was a bit more than I expected, but it's great to see so many of the old cast show up here even after all that.

The current political situation here doesn't look all that great for demons or deities, as it seems that the new King's agenda is to purge the world of both and set up an era of human rule.

Have to wonder just who or what Nina is though. She was 6 when Bahamut was revived, so I doubt any relations to Favaro or Amira (unless she's her younger sister or something...). Turns into a dragon when she's sexually excited by the touch of any man, lol. And works hard for her momma.

In any case, looking forward to how this will turn out. Animation thus far has been exactly like Genesis, so I can rest easy about that.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 7, 2017 10:52 PM

Jan 2009
so humans lead by this King can kill Gods eh

Nina reminds me of Amira actually and i would not be surprise if they are the same person somehow even though Nina have her hometown flashback there

Apr 7, 2017 11:02 PM

Jul 2007
Really good premiere of season 2 with lots of interesting themes in regards to racism and stuff.

Great lead too. Full of energy and with hilarious personality. Hopefully she does not get fridged like Amira. Still pissed about that. Hopefully Amira is in this show somehow. I don't care how.

Cinematography, animation and soundtrack wise there's really nothing close to this. MAPPA yet again shows everyone how it is done.

Let's see where this goes.
Apr 8, 2017 12:06 AM

Aug 2012
God I love the direction this is going in, best premiere I've seen in a while. Only way it could have gone better would have been Favaro's epic entrance, if it doesn't happen by ep 3 I'm gonna be pissed.

I like Nina. Her voice was mixed a bit too loud at times, but character wise she's fun and charming. She's like a dragon-hulk I-Pin lol

Kaisar's screentime made the whole thing feel so warm and nostalgic. I swear that sign hook bouncing off the wall and nailing his head isn't nearly as funny if it happens to anybody else but him. Fantastic conflict brewing with him, the king, and (probably)Azazel, can't wait to see where it goes.

The beautiful thing is, there's plenty of time to explore more in-verse issues like this, while still working toward a big climax with the 3 races, Bahamut, and Amira. Favaro gots to get his girl at the end of this, that's simply the only way it can go.

What better way to end the episode than with Rita though, really? This show knows how to maintain its style, it's the coolest thing about it.
Apr 8, 2017 12:57 AM

Nov 2009
Azazel becoming the Robin Hood for the oppressed demons sure was surprising. Rita apparently changed sides, teaming up with him and ditching Kaisar. Which is probably the right thing to do considering that Kaisar now serves the cool looking new king everyone considers great except he appears to be the biggest villain out of all the characters we've seen so far. To Kaisar's credit, he obviously doesn't like nor approve the king's villainous way of doing things. He's figured out the identity of the rag demon but he'll probably keep his mouth shut about it. Now, all we need is for his favorite Favaroooooooo to appear and they'll be on the road, adventuring together like in the good ol' times.

Nina is cute enough, and her tendency to get all flustered over any half-decent looking guy (regardless of his species, apparently) and transform into a dragon when overexcited is hilarious. AOTS so far.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 8, 2017 1:07 AM

Sep 2015
So, to sum things up:

1. S2 jumps right into the action. There's no detailed re-introduction of the characters from S1, so you need to watch S1 to fully appreciate this anime.

2. It was a wonderful start. Good visuals, intriguing story and, of course, Nina. Strangely enough, I already feel more emotionally connected with her than it was with Amira.

Apr 8, 2017 1:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Now that's how you kick off an anime

Awesome start once again
Apr 8, 2017 1:20 AM

Jul 2015
Nina already best dragon of the year! Nice start, I was really looking forward for the sequel of this series and this episode delivered hard.
Apr 8, 2017 1:43 AM

Jul 2016
The series' back! Azazel, Rita, Bacchus, Hamsa and Kaizer made their reappearance, though I kinda miss Favaro though.

So Nina's a shapeshifter when her affection bar hit max, huh? With the black feathers surrounding the bed she woke up and also Rita's reappearance, I guess Azazel saved Nina and Rita is teaming up with Azazel to stop 'racism'. Quite the irony given that the human Azazel loves to toy with in season 1 is now enslaving the demon race.

For Shadowverse players, Belphegor, the new Bloodcraft legend is making her cameo appearance. It kinda makes me want to craft a functional Blood deck with Bephegor and Azazel inside, just that I can't since I ran low on vials crafting wallet Dragon...
Apr 8, 2017 2:15 AM

Feb 2014
This was the best debut episode of the season thus far. Everything was completely on point.

MAPPA strikes again.
Apr 8, 2017 2:34 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Too good, wanted more! One week of waiting I guess, Mappa is spoiling us from the start with such gorgeous details and visuals!
Nice to see Rita, Kaizer and Azazel there from ep1.
So a new king rises after the chaos Bahamut created from S1, and this new king is all about creating a new age for humans, slaving angels and demons in the process, and Kaizer feels bad about all of this, I bet Favaro will appear on the next episode, and that the gang will reunite around Nina.
She seems like an interesting character, maybe she is somehow related to Amira or Bahamut. Only time will tell.

Aelyn said:
So, to sum things up:

1. S2 jumps right into the action. There's no detailed re-introduction of the characters from S1, so you need to watch S1 to fully appreciate this anime.

True, gotta love how they dont wasted time on it, I m also eager to see the OP and ED on the next episode.
Apr 8, 2017 3:18 AM

Jan 2015
Amira, Amira, and Amira. No Amira, it's Nina. Full of energy teen that seems pretty "famous" among people at the market plus she looks easily flustered.
And that encounter with Kaisar... Damn, even this second season haven't lost it's funny stuff. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 8, 2017 3:37 AM

Jun 2014
That was a great first episode, glad to see this show return. Luckily it's 2 cour so I'm excited to see where the story will go.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.