Forum Settings
Forums

when have i seen enough anime to be a real anime fan

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 9, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
When you have seen Legend of Galactic Heroes, the first Gundam series and three other random Gundam series, Evangelion and Dragonball.
MonadApr 10, 2017 2:30 AM
Apr 9, 2017 2:08 PM
Aug 2015
I think that around 70 or above is enough.Also keeping up with new seasonal anime is important.
Apr 9, 2017 2:28 PM

May 2011
Anyway. Someday, I hope you will get it. Maybe fix your favorite people. You need to like... actually get some real knowledge about anime You clearly have none or you would have some favorite people. Do you even know who makes your favorites? People like you are annoying and piss me off.

Wow, I wonder what this shit has to do with what I meant so far. Have you even read the quote on quote and tried to interpret correctly my thesis? Way to confuse the issue being widely off topic with uncalled display of knowledge.
I have no recommendation to take from the likes of you who aren't even able to write a proper reply. Kbye, have fun with your love interest who probably prefer body pillows over real life people.
Apr 9, 2017 2:40 PM

Aug 2013
Galaxy__ said:
Jacksworld said:

Your point? It was a great show. I watched it when I was in 8th grade though and it was probably like my 10th anime watched so at the time of scoring it was the best I had seen. If i rewatched it, it probably would not be a 10, but I have very fond memories of it, like Otanashi's backstory. In reality it's probably about an 8.5-9 for me, but it gets that bonus of being the best I had seen at the time + nostalgia.

my point is that i dont care about your opinion.

you gave after story a 10.

After Story was a 10. At least we agree on Code Geass, and Your Lie in April.
Apr 9, 2017 3:27 PM

Mar 2017
If you enjoy anime, you can be considered as an anime fan. I don't think there is any quantitive number that once you hit it, "BANGO YOU ARE AN ANIME FAN CONGRATS!":D If you appreciate the medium and like it I think you are an anime fan.
Apr 9, 2017 5:15 PM

Jun 2011
Why would 1000 be the marker to be considered a real anime fan?
That's ludicrous, I mean I've watched anime for over 10 years and have finally surpassed 500+ anime. I mean seriously, where do people find the time to watch anime everyday of every minute? I mean I'm a 20 year old college student taking 6 classes, I barely even have the time to breathe let alone watch anime.

I think in order to be considered a real anime fan is when it's gotten to the point where watching anime is one of your main sources of enjoyment and when you think about it almost everyday.

However, if we do have to put a number in it, would probably be 100 or at least 50. At the very least, you need to have watched more than the mainstream ones.
Apr 9, 2017 7:01 PM
Sep 2014
You do NOT need 1000 anime to be a real anime fan. You won't reach that number, you will probably have to take years if you count in factors like how long you sleep, homework ( if you have school ), school hours, etc.

I have been watching anime since I was 8 years old. I still watch anime, but haven't been watching it lately as I recently got into Japanese dramas. No matter how you look at it though, I am an anime fan. Everyone sees me as the " anime kid " even at school.

I'm currently 15 and have seen 400+ anime.

I would say 20 or more might make you a real anime fan? Actually I'm not so sure, it's very hard to measure this based on numbers. If you like anime a lot then it will show through that you are a huge anime fan. I think it depends on how passionate you are.
Apr 9, 2017 7:21 PM
Sep 2014
Even if you've seen like 5 anime, if you're in love with it then congrats! You're an anime fan. You don't need to buy merchandise to prove this.

People who buy dakimakura, figures, and all that jazz are anime fans too but it's more of an otaku type of thing.
Apr 9, 2017 7:34 PM
Mar 2017
Bare minimum 700 anime. More accurately probably in the 800 or 900 range.

And the "bar" continues to grow, by 2020 if you'll need to have completed at least 800 anime (including OVAs and Movies) to be a true anime fan.
Apr 9, 2017 10:14 PM

Jun 2011
sorcery said:
Anyway. Someday, I hope you will get it. Maybe fix your favorite people. You need to like... actually get some real knowledge about anime You clearly have none or you would have some favorite people. Do you even know who makes your favorites? People like you are annoying and piss me off.

Wow, I wonder what this shit has to do with what I meant so far. Have you even read the quote on quote and tried to interpret correctly my thesis? Way to confuse the issue being widely off topic with uncalled display of knowledge.
I have no recommendation to take from the likes of you who aren't even able to write a proper reply. Kbye, have fun with your love interest who probably prefer body pillows over real life people.

I have a body pillow, and run 2 anime clubs, and help to run a lolita club, and I am apart of a peer to peer mental health support group. All the other days I have available. <3 I am not an introvert I am an extrovert. ^.^ You have made nothing but assumptions about me and Ecchi Lord.

That is what I am pointing out. I haven't seen Eiken. Why would you even mention it in a debate? I mentioned Video Girl Ai because it is an Ecchi that most agree is a quality ecchi. You mentioned Eiken and that I defend that sort of garbage when I clearly don't as I haven't even seen it. On top of that, it is unpopular and poorly rated. Why can't you admit you are wrong about ecchi?
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 9, 2017 11:04 PM

Dec 2008
On the subject of this matter if I really want to be this "true anime fan", what should I watch next??? lol. but really, I knew I was a true fan years ago when I started forcing anime on others and finding it whatever way I could. I'm really dating myself here but back in the day I'd buy the VHS from the really nerdy shop down the way and rent whatever dvd was in the video rental store, they never really had a good selection but I'd watch whatever they had.

In the end it really has nothing to do with numbers, But what you do with the numbers you've seen
Cough cough.... sorry gagged on that one. but who cares about the number so long as you've enjoyed everything watched and still want to watch more. Thats a good anime fan too me, that you want more.
Apr 11, 2017 11:49 AM

Jan 2017
i started reading manga, i think that should help me establish myself as a fan of anime, and finishing one piece, because its such a huge anime series
Apr 11, 2017 5:56 PM

Jul 2016
The mere fact that you know this website then you are already a real anime fan cause your not gonna track the anime you watch if you just watch one.
Apr 11, 2017 6:00 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
If seeing a girl holding an octopus makes you think about pervy things then congrats you've become a full-fledged anime fan

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 12, 2017 12:07 PM

Feb 2015
Apr 12, 2017 2:55 PM
Apr 2017
That title does not matter, just have a blast and dont worry about stuff like that.
Apr 12, 2017 2:59 PM

Aug 2016
When you're sitting in a kiddie pool filled with your own waste thinking to yourself "Huh, maybe I've taken this too far."

Speaking from personal experience, of course.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Apr 18, 2017 3:18 AM

Jun 2010
SolidWoIf said:
i started anime this year and ive been trying to become an anime fan, how much anime do i have to watch ?
im guessing about 1000 makes sense
In my honest opinion, you can be fan of anime since the first second any anime, so long as the passion is there then I think your a real anime fan.
Apr 18, 2017 3:27 AM
Jun 2013
You've got it backwards OP. It's not about how much you have seen, or how many entries you added.

How many are you willing to see?
Anime exists
all is well
Apr 18, 2017 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
you don't have to watch a lot to be a fan of it.
i drop a lot based solely on the demographic.
for instance: pokemon, bleach, naruto, one piece were never in my demographic when they aired, so i never got a chance to enjoy them like other people.
Apr 18, 2017 4:01 AM

Jul 2014
Your opinion on anime is only valid when you watch deep, psychological and existentialist shows and rate them 10 out of 10, such as Shaft's Nisekoi and Gainax's Petite Princess Yucie.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 9 hours ago

28 by MasterTasuke »»
5 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

41 by Ende_uraa »»
6 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 10 hours ago

44 by _FRB_ »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 8 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
16 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

46 by LostSpectre »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.