Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2017 3:28 PM
Jan 2016
The first episode was really boring for me I tried it to give it a change, but as i say in this title it has potential. It hasn't a very good animation nor sound but we could expect more of the characters as you can see in the promo image it has a few characters that look decent.

If you don't like "daily life events anime" I wouldn't recommend it to you, because this is one of that kind. If you do like this kind of anime I would recommend you :

Apr 5, 2017 3:54 PM

Apr 2016
I didn't get into Shirobako until a few episodes in, and that's one of my faves, so I'll give this one some time. (Haven't seen the first ep yet but am fairly excited.)

Edit: Actually it's already awesome. I'll be shocked if this doesn't end up being AOTS.
willingscapegoatApr 5, 2017 6:40 PM
Apr 5, 2017 4:04 PM
May 2013
this show really sounds like locodol just not idols
Apr 5, 2017 4:20 PM

Sep 2012
I really like slow paced anime like this and it's somehow funny, i might continue to watch this.

Probably this anime is not for people who dislikes shoujo animes as they might get bored in the long run.
Apr 5, 2017 8:24 PM

Nov 2016
well i dont find it boring i am loving the plot the animation the comedy and story.
i love slice of life anime set in country side and this one even has a goal of bringing the town back to life.
well i think if you like slice of anime you may like this after couple of episode cause the first one seems to be just the introduction of the character in the country.
xxXHARSHXxxApr 5, 2017 8:33 PM
Apr 5, 2017 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
I keep watching this because the main character hair is pink.
Apr 6, 2017 1:01 AM

May 2013
willingscapegoat said:
I didn't get into Shirobako until a few episodes in, and that's one of my faves, so I'll give this one some time. (Haven't seen the first ep yet but am fairly excited.)

Edit: Actually it's already awesome. I'll be shocked if this doesn't end up being AOTS.

I didn't really get into shirobako right away too, I just thought it seem like an interesting show to watch because of making anime, I'm guessing sakura quest will be a bit slow and will get better. Didn't watch ep 1 of sakura quest yet, but I probably will pretty soon. (Just too busy with Persona 5). Hopefully the show is 24ep. all their all girls working has been 24ep+. Overall I been a fan of P.A Works for quite a while.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna love this show xD
xBrokenApr 7, 2017 9:19 PM
Apr 6, 2017 1:21 AM
Mar 2016
well what do you expected from Slice of life comedy? some conflict with alien?
even you say boring
Slice of life always have a way to make them interesting
Apr 6, 2017 6:04 PM

Feb 2015
Really wasn't boring to me at all, seriously I was hooked all the way through. Second half of the episode was better but it's not like the first half sucked like everyone is saying it did.
Apr 7, 2017 7:40 AM

Sep 2014
I don't know why you're recommending Shirobako instead of Sakura Quest, because they are actually really similar with the same production quality.

Strangely enough, as opposed as you, I find the production quality of this anime to be vastly superior to most other anime airing on the same period. It is rare to find such passion and attentions to details in a TV series today. As a result, the reception of this anime is generally positive among this community which is also pretty rare to happen to original anime.
Apr 7, 2017 7:54 AM

Mar 2016
> not very good animation
Lol what? The animation was really good in this first episode. And it was basically introductions . You've got to wait people. The journey is just in its beginning.
Apr 7, 2017 8:05 AM

May 2009
Why don't you make yourself a blog instead starting shit threads like this one?
Apr 9, 2017 4:44 AM
Aug 2016
actually I love this show so much, why? let me explain

1. This is P.A. Works slice of life original anime that I waited for so long. Because I know P.A. Works always did well for this kind ofl anime. ex : Hanasaku Iroha, Shirobako.
2. The intro did so well, they made just 1 episode for all reason why Yoshino get there. I can said, 1st episode just make an intro for remain episodes.
3. The Op and Ed also very good. From the start, I like Op song so much.
4. I like the main chara, because I'm sick of highschool protagonist. Now I got graduated girl for the MC, very happy. Chara design also good.
5. The comedy also nice. Seems very natural and can happen in real life.

this thread is right, seems this is really good show and have many potential. But I'm not bored at all. And who said the animation was not good? The truth is the animation goes so well, you can see it even in the Op video. And remember, P.A. Works never gave something bad like you said before.

Thanks for reading
Rizrak47Apr 9, 2017 5:25 AM
Apr 9, 2017 10:42 AM

Aug 2015
If any of you have gone through the struggle of job hunting when the economy was in the toilet a few years back (and might still be, depending on where you live), the main character is immediately relatable.
Apr 10, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2014
I'm someone who dislikes simple Slice of Life/Comedy shows. I like action, etc. But I really did like this. I didn't find it boring at all, and many people will even find the MC relatable (because boy is finding a job not easy).
I like the MC overall. Her enthusiasm and personality makes me happy, and design too.
Apr 10, 2017 8:02 AM
Jan 2016
Hamudanu said:
well what do you expected from Slice of life comedy? some conflict with alien?
even you say boring
Slice of life always have a way to make them interesting

Well yes, myself I don't like slice of life animes but somehow they keep me interested . I really can't explain this well, it's a little confusing for me to explain but Slice of life animes are interesting in a way.

P.D I really liked Barakamon and Shirobako
Apr 10, 2017 8:06 AM
Jan 2016
Hrybami said:
I don't know why you're recommending Shirobako instead of Sakura Quest, because they are actually really similar with the same production quality.

Strangely enough, as opposed as you, I find the production quality of this anime to be vastly superior to most other anime airing on the same period. It is rare to find such passion and attentions to details in a TV series today. As a result, the reception of this anime is generally positive among this community which is also pretty rare to happen to original anime.

Well i don't really care a lot about the animation if it's good or bad, forgive me for saying that the animation isn't that good. I recommended Shirobako to people that like this kind of anime, it's pretty similar that's why. I really don't expect a lot but i'll keep watching it.
Apr 11, 2017 1:27 PM

Jan 2015
I don't really get why you've recommended us another anime...
Just write a recommendation
Apr 12, 2017 8:06 AM

Jun 2013
DragonSlayer_19 said:
> not very good animation
Lol what? The animation was really good in this first episode. And it was basically introductions . You've got to wait people. The journey is just in its beginning.

Exactly, say what you want about P.A. Works, but even their bad shows are pretty to look at.
Apr 12, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2015
Kinda ironic since that's what everyone says to Shirobako too on its day of release and look what happened as it goes on............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Apr 12, 2017 10:09 AM
May 2016
boi triggered

>:(
Apr 12, 2017 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
Doesit... the second episode still seemed borig to me..It is one of those slice of life shows
Apr 12, 2017 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
Hopefully this show can become at least half as good as Hanasaku Iroha, twice as good as Shirobako, and billionty times better than Charlotte. Though that would take reversing a bad trend from the studio since they peaked in 2011.
Apr 14, 2017 6:03 AM

May 2009
Red_Tuesday said:
Hopefully this show can become at least half as good as Hanasaku Iroha, twice as good as Shirobako, and billionty times better than Charlotte. Though that would take reversing a bad trend from the studio since they peaked in 2011.

They peaked at Shirobako.
Apr 18, 2017 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
Red_Tuesday said:

Peaked at soapboxing and sympathy fundraising about corporations abusing animators, sure.
Apr 18, 2017 2:31 AM

May 2009
Red_Tuesday said:
bastek66 said:

Peaked at soapboxing and sympathy fundraising about corporations abusing animators, sure.

At their and Mizushima's best anime. Stop being so insecure about chinese cartoons.
Apr 18, 2017 2:36 AM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
Red_Tuesday said:

At their and Mizushima's best anime. Stop being so insecure about chinese cartoons.

Meh. Average to below average CGDCT show with counterfeit characters and downgraded character designs, complete with moral bankruptcy.

Can't really compare that to a genre classic like Hanasaku Iroha at all, and I won't entertain any future notions of such folly.

PS: Ad hominem doesn't help your case when making an argument, especially if all your previous comments were fallacies too.
Apr 18, 2017 3:07 AM

May 2009
Red_Tuesday said:
Meh. Average to below average CGDCT show with counterfeit characters and downgraded character designs, complete with moral bankruptcy.

Can't really compare that to a genre classic like Hanasaku Iroha at all, and I won't entertain any future notions of such folly.

PS: Ad hominem doesn't help your case when making an argument, especially if all your previous comments were fallacies too.

Ah so you didn't watch it/dropped it. So not only projections but also worthless opinion. Ok.
Btw, they weren't fallacies - 1st OP made a shitty thread, he should make a his blog. 2nd I corrected your, now 100% sure, shitty opinion.
I like Hanasaku Iroha but it's only 6 years old. How is this a classic? Stop being so new and watch more anime.
Apr 25, 2017 9:18 AM

Feb 2017
Red_Tuesday said:

I just finish ep 1 and I dont understand why you say this is a CGDCT anime. Sure the girl is cute, but they dont use that aspect to make a joke, like some Moe show last winter, when the Dragon loli make cute face and people lost their shit for comedy purpose. This girl have interesting personality and passion, Im already hype too see her energetic change the boring town. Seriously dont understand why such a gem like this got 7.2 rate
Apr 25, 2017 8:11 PM

Jul 2014
IrisBestGirl said:
I just finish ep 1 and I dont understand why you say this is a CGDCT anime.

It starts going that route later. The start was actually kind of decent, and I was enjoying the show until episode 11 where the dealbreaker appeared. (Devoting a whole episode to making excuses and raising sympathy for how studios in Japan treat talent)

Besides, CGDCT isn't an automatic "it sucks" declaration. There are good ones and there are bad ones. And then there are average to below average ones that suddenly show their true political intentions halfway through the show.
Apr 25, 2017 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Someone said this before but it seems rather ironic because Shirobako didn't got really that interesting until after a few episodes... heck I thought the first few episodes of Shirobako weren't that great but they weren't bad at the start but as the time passed by it really got better, it didn't became my favorite show of all time for sure but it was one of the best shows from P.A Works at least when it comes to its general consensus.
Apr 26, 2017 2:11 PM
Jan 2016
Symphyon said:
Someone said this before but it seems rather ironic because Shirobako didn't got really that interesting until after a few episodes... heck I thought the first few episodes of Shirobako weren't that great but they weren't bad at the start but as the time passed by it really got better, it didn't became my favorite show of all time for sure but it was one of the best shows from P.A Works at least when it comes to its general consensus.

I get you, i liked shirobako i think i should give this show an opportunity.
Apr 26, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2016
Shirobako: as much as I liked Miyamori, I felt the series didn't really take off until they expanded and started focusing on the other characters and the relationships between them. The Honda-Kinoshita pairing produced some of the most hilarious scenes in the series, for example.

Whether Sakura Quest will follow the Shirobako formula remains to be seen. All will depend on the chemistry between the characters moving forward; as the first few episodes have basically been just a prologue of sorts. So far, I really like the pacing; but it's not at Shirobako-level yet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

61 by Rakabat »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

181 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

70 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

47 by toralbabs »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

54 by toralbabs »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.