Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 7, 2017 2:38 AM
Feb 2012
Extremely unimpressive characters. The premise sounds interesting but not like this. Not like this.
Apr 7, 2017 2:43 AM
Jun 2016
The characters look so lifeless, those eyes remind me of DEEN quality before fate stay night. Also felt sleepy during watching it. It felt somewhat slow. Hope it improves lets see where this goes because the story is interesting. Could be Anime of the season, who knows? lol.
Mariecat1Apr 7, 2017 2:48 AM
Apr 7, 2017 2:47 AM

May 2012
The anime is a lot better than what I expected. The premise look so interesting

6.86 seriously ?! The most underrated show in this season
Apr 7, 2017 6:38 AM

Jun 2015
Usually I tend to skip two-cour shows, but Hana Kanazawa and Aoi Yuuki as the mains... guess, I don't have much choice in the matter.
Apr 7, 2017 8:44 AM

Dec 2015
@Punkstar1 The funniest question is: how was the girl herself even able to discern her power to the point of being able to determinate those three rules, without a contradiction with those rules?
Apr 7, 2017 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
They mentioned androids at one point of the episode so... what if they are actually all androids and that's the reason why they behave that dispassionate?
Apr 7, 2017 9:23 AM

Feb 2016
I'm the type that doesn't easily get bored.

I got bored.

But but. If it turned out to be Steins;Gate all over again, then I might as well take the risk.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Apr 7, 2017 10:09 AM

May 2014
Um... why in the hell did she jump of a bridge?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 7, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2009
Mormegil said:
Why the hell did David Pro give us this instead of more JoJo?

David is normal studio like every other (minus KyoAni), it needs to make animation to make money. It's not their decision to make Vento Aureo because they aren't owners of the Jojo anime copyrights.
Apr 7, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2016
bastek66 said:
Mormegil said:

David is normal studio like every other (minus KyoAni), it needs to make animation to make money. It's not their decision to make Vento Aureo because they aren't owners of the Jojo anime copyrights.
jojo makes money.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 7, 2017 11:40 AM

Apr 2010
Dystania said:
I'm so confused, interested to see where this is going though.

Guess I agree. It was interesing on hand and weird on the other

Apr 7, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2009
GangsterCat said:
bastek66 said:

jojo makes money.

For GOOD SMILE COMPANY not David Pro
Apr 7, 2017 3:46 PM
Jun 2015
Benio_ said:
So boring. 1/10 dropped.

How dare you say these words, I am speechless, completely speechless so much so my speech is less. This is your first warning Benio_.
Apr 7, 2017 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
So is this another take on Groundhog day, I guess? Or Monogatari wannabe even?

Not bad, not really bad, the whole thing left me intrigued wanting to learn more about those characters. And I'm already thinking about all the possibilities of combining their abilities.
Even VA is great with suberb HanaKana/Yuuki Aoi on board.

But... there is one major drawback this anime has... the animation which is very low-cost and unfortunately it stands out way too much. It's not only their bodies' movement that are emotionless and devoid of any movement but even their faces are blatantly lifeless most of the time. And don't let me start about their eyes.

I'll probably follow this series on as it seems kinda interesting but it's very clear it would benefited a lot better studio, A-1 or even Shaft for the best. Cause this just screams they were saving the budget at every possible frame.
Apr 7, 2017 5:21 PM

Nov 2014
I've seen the actual score of the series and that is pretty sad...

From what i have seen until now, this seems like (though not the best looking) the best first episode of the season.

The interactions between the characters and the way the plot is driven elevates this anime, despite how trite the plot could be, this is a proof that what matters is not the concept but the way it is handled.

Hope it keeps like this through the season though.
Apr 7, 2017 5:37 PM

Mar 2009
bastek66 said:
Mormegil said:

The higher-ups need to make better decisions. Because there should always be more JoJo. Every season.
Apr 7, 2017 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the first episode, even though the dialogue was strange and detached.
With 24 episodes this could be ambitious
Apr 7, 2017 6:53 PM

Mar 2016
This show really has me interested in it... I'm definilty going to continue watching it. I sorta reminds me of Hyouka.

Omg is this man melasting her!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2017 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
Feels like this is trying really hard to be philosophical, but it hasn't really done anything to invite such investment from the viewer. I heard a lot of complex words strung together, but none of it felt like it had any weight. It felt like it was there for the sake of being there instead of being in response to something. We do not know enough about our characters for this kind of conversation to hold any water.
Apr 7, 2017 8:58 PM

Sep 2015
Aesthetics wise this show is good. the art style looks decent, and the character designs look good although bland. the soundtrack for the show is very good as well.everything else however is rather boring. the story is set in this city where people with powers reside, and any one who leaves forgets what there powers where therefore loosing it. this pretty much traps the characters in one setting, so i don't believe anything grand is going to happen. the first few powers introduced are rather too convenient. there's already some mystery in this show and the kids will use their powers to solve them which i guess will be the structure for most of the episodes to com. the characters themselves are rather bland and boring, and most of them spouting philosophical jargon in order to sound deep and mature even though we can already get an idea through their actions. because of this the characters feel less like characters and more like human books. with all said i'll give this anime 3 more episodes to impress me.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 7, 2017 10:01 PM

May 2015
interesting episode. music is pretty gud too
Apr 7, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2009
Mormegil said:
bastek66 said:

The higher-ups need to make better decisions. Because there should always be more JoJo. Every season.

Sometimes they need to make whever they get proposed.
Apr 8, 2017 12:19 AM

Jan 2011
boy that seemed like a interesting premise but i dunno everything about what i watched didn't sit right with the dialogue and the random cuts that mess up any amount of flow it had.

2 cour so setting my exceptions low but might manage to ride this one out if it doesn't derail mid way

Apr 8, 2017 6:28 AM

Jun 2011
as expected of the script writer of boku no pico. He has done it yet again.
Apr 8, 2017 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
Felt like it was 1h long. Pretty boring imo but I will watch a few more eps before I decide to drop it.
Apr 8, 2017 10:24 AM

Feb 2012
sirflimflam said:
Jesus, I want to be interested, I really do... But it's so...hard to get into. The dialogue is practically monotone, the character design is iffy, it feels like they're trying way too hard to be 'deep'. Everyone just...stands or sits still and their lip flaps move...

Will get through these first three episodes at least, but I don't really have a great first impression.

My thoughts exactly.
Apr 8, 2017 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting but yet a little bit boring. Well, we'll see.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Apr 8, 2017 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
Interesting episode and rated under 7. Wtf.
Apr 8, 2017 12:46 PM
Sep 2015
Soli18 said:
Felt like it was 1h long. Pretty boring imo but I will watch a few more eps before I decide to drop it.

Same, I don't get people who say that this episode was interesting. For me, it was confusing.
Alsom that girl with long hair is definitely a copycat of Homura Akemi.
Apr 8, 2017 2:35 PM

Jun 2013
I think Souma might have been lowballing that hidden android thing. Based on how soulless the characters feel so far, my money is on them ALL being robots.
Apr 8, 2017 5:00 PM

Oct 2008
The ED of this episode is also the same artist who performed the OP of Noragami Aragoto.
anywayz, this was a bit confusing for me, or maybe i'm becoming dull or i'm just sleepy...
3/5.

Apr 9, 2017 7:01 AM

Aug 2008
The 1st episode was slow but I think I'm beginning to understand the overall theme of this show. It seems that they are dealing with what it means to be altruistic. Of course, this is coming someone who hasn't read the source material.
Hopefully, this show will get more interesting.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Apr 9, 2017 8:08 AM
Mar 2012
SHAFT should've gotten this.
Good osts.
Feels like greyscale version of Charlotte.
Interesting theoretical dialogue, yet presented by the blandest camera, direction & flat characters. Misora's an emotionless android with no sense of self, who's so hard to talk to can't help it. Kei's justice is explorable but doesn't stand out. Sumire & the loli seem most interesting. All 3 mains are good va's, not sure what went wrong.
Abilities mechanics detail has more potential than rezero/erased. Only one reset to the same time, but still get another chance 1 day later.
Zen vs Gizen/faker, hypocrite vs self, cool analogies to Kei & Misora, are they both honest & insincere at once?
Too much "what's the point?" "it's pointless" talk, like huh?
Pointless choice, or decision paralysis?
Mari the zombie loli? A lot shared with Rewrite so far.
Apr 9, 2017 1:35 PM

Sep 2016
Interesting start. I think i will like this, but we will see

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Apr 9, 2017 5:42 PM

Aug 2012
Looks interesting enough
Apr 9, 2017 7:26 PM

Aug 2015
-Terrible visuals.
-Terrible writing.
-Dull characters.
-Ridiculously monotone VAing.
-23 more episodes of this shit.
-Samurai Flamenco is rated only 0.21 points higher.

HaarWyvern said:

Right??? It should be way lower than that.
Apr 9, 2017 10:17 PM
Jan 2015
Interesting episode though pretty slow, but I really like the premise, so we'll see where this goes.
My Queens

Apr 9, 2017 10:29 PM
Nov 2016
...I couldn't even finish the episode.
...The insanely forced, awkward, mechanical dialogue that not even the world's most autistic kid could say
...The bland facial expressions
...The lack of ANY animation
I wanted to strangle myself.
Apr 10, 2017 10:05 AM

Mar 2012
Melkaticox said:
-Terrible visuals.
-Terrible writing.
-Dull characters.
-Ridiculously monotone VAing.
-23 more episodes of this shit.
-Samurai Flamenco is rated only 0.21 points higher.

HaarWyvern said:

Right??? It should be way lower than that.

Samurai Flamenco, you've made my day.
Apr 10, 2017 12:54 PM

Oct 2010
This show gave me some HakoMari vibes. If it's just a tenth
as good as HakoMari is good enough for me.
I enjoy the atmosphere for now.
Apr 10, 2017 2:04 PM
Dec 2015
omg, this anime it's full of surprise o.o than melancholy is everywhere
Apr 10, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
Very interesting! The art it's pretty nice.
Apr 10, 2017 11:12 PM

May 2016
Rate 6.79 after first ep ... why would you even rate it ? This anime might be very very good. I hope they don't screw up this. Looking forward to it.
Apr 11, 2017 6:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a school drama that also features students with powers eh
and a love letter to start the day with eh.
I like the fact that the first scenes had a insert song in the background that sounded soothing

Interesting way of introducing the characters though as well
Hmm so this girl was here because Soma wanted her to be here eh
The mc sure is talkative though.
Hmm so the girl has the power of reset eh.

Interesting that while Haruki was the one who used reset the mc still retains his memories of what happened. So half's the town's population has powers eh. Thats quite a lot. So the town's main purpose is to allow these users to use their powers as once they are outside of it they will forget their powers. Like being resetted. Being able to remember the things you experienced with your five senses is an interesting power. Hmm so Soma is the class rep eh. So the reason why Horuki was there and not Soma was because Soma wanted the two to become friends eh. A nice gesture though. Ability users are usually lonely i guess which is a side effect of having their powers. Its nice that Souma is trying to help Haruki by trying to get here to make friends though.

Haruki's reset power can go back as far as three days eh impressive. So her power doesn't erase time but instead rearranges it eh. So her power is a bit like a game in that she has to save a specific scene first before she can reset it to that state. The conditions sure are logical though. And her power affects her as well too eh. I like this setting and theme of both a school drama and a powers genre. Its quite relaxing and simple. The mystery of who is an android eh. Lol a good mystery to investigate when summer is here lol. Hmm given Kei's ability i expected that Haruki's ability won't work on him. Given her power i think it can be used for good things like helping a girl find her mother but since she has to save first and that she can't predict what can happen beforehand it will be tricky. Still i like the fact that Haruki while quiet also has a kind personality as well. Good thing Soma came along though with the mother.

It will be a good idea for Haruki and Kei to team up though i think. With them they can solve and redo the past quite easily. Hmm the fact that Kei's powers can also be used to exploit Haruki's reset power is also a problem as it can conflict with her rules. It's also nice that Haruki's powers have strict rules regarding their use as well. Hmm so Haruki has a weakness with regards to seeing people cry which causes her to reset. A side effect of those with powers is that they find it very hard to trust people which we can see here as well. Though it will nice if she did though as she's a bit like a ice queen at the moment. Kei though really has the determination to be the first though.
I wonder why Soma and Kei want to get their hands on Haruki's powers though. But being able to figure out what caused Haruki to be the person that she is now would be interesting. Lol Haruki's long and pretty hair makes her look otherworldly.

Hmm so the sc president has the power of copy eh. Kei's ability to remember and Haruki's ability to reset when combined will be a great tool to allow her to see her past. The normal way of things is always sad though but they like every rule has a purpose. So what Haruki lacked was a sense of self then. Feeling everything but having no feelings yourself eh. Even after finding this she kept going and created rules to help her make the right decisions. What a strong girl. Hmm the last revelation was quite surprising.

Interesting premise and setting
Interesting characters so far as well
A pretty good first episode and i have to say im really hooked

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2017 3:38 PM

Jan 2011
hmm finally anime Has some depth
oh i really miss this type of anime's

anime's these days you can see all the story from the first ep no need to complete

I think I found my favorite anime for this season, ooh just let's hope that I will not disappoint later
Apr 12, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
This was written and directed quite badly..
Apr 12, 2017 2:21 PM

Oct 2016
It's.... okay. The ED is good but everything else is quite average. Pretty disappointed.

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Apr 12, 2017 4:12 PM
Apr 2013
So why is the English "Sagrada Reset" ?
Apr 12, 2017 8:22 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
Kei seems like an interesting person and the narratives goes on to explore the premise from his point of view. Sumire also seems like an interesting person, would definitely like to know more about her as this series progresses.

i dont see wats so interesting about 2 characters who kept the same bland facial expression for rhe entire episode.
Apr 13, 2017 7:43 AM

May 2010
SenpieX said:
Forced myself to watch this.. awfully slow, animation is ok.
There was a lot of potential of it being good (most time travel anime like re:zero, steins;gate, erased were big hits but this is boring as fuck.

Might give it another chance before dropping.

You can't decide its potential based on the 1st episode tho. I am not watching it either anymore but ye I wouldn't say that it had potential to be good when it hasn't even ended yet. I am waiting for it to end.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.