Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 9:38 AM

Mar 2015
ibraheem234 said:
well boruto seemed so similar to the whole Naruto progress...wanted to be acknowledge ..or something...I guess introduction to the new characters

To be honest i think boruto will take a slightly different path than naruto. Boruto wants to be acknoweledged by his father and Naruto wanted to be accepted by the village. It looks like a small difference but i think it will make a huge difference later on in the series.

Apr 5, 2017 9:42 AM

May 2014
Unlike a lot of people who are watching this, I really never got into Naruto, although I did watch some episodes on TV when I was a kid...so I went into this without knowing much!

Surprised by how fun it is, and I gotta confess that I already like Boruto as an MC more than Naruto. He just wants a chilled out life it seems, and doesn't have any crazy goals like becoming the next Hokage.

Despite never finishing the original Naruto series, or even being a fan of it, this first episode still somehow made me feel nostalgic...so I can only imagine how long time fans of the original series feel.

Only thing that bothered me was Naruto's voice. I mean, I get why they kept the original voice actress...but he's not a teen anymore and you really cannot get away with having a female voice an adult man (unless they're a trap which Naruto is not).

Definitely keeping up with this one, I'm interested to see where it goes!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 9:43 AM

May 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
NVM, the opening DOES have clear Bleach homages

Source: https://twitter.com/czsczs/status/849627254611099648

I thought the exact same thing!!
It's not even subtle either lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2009
Strawberrycake48 said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
NVM, the opening DOES have clear Bleach homages

Source: https://twitter.com/czsczs/status/849627254611099648

I thought the exact same thing!!
It's not even subtle either lol

I mean its the same director, Noriyuki Abe, so it makes sense he paid homage to another series he worked on.
Apr 5, 2017 9:52 AM

Sep 2011
I was really looking forward for watching Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
Not only because I am big fan of Naruto, but I wanted to see what they would produce. Knowing that the Boruto manga first few chapters cover what happened in Boruto: Naruto the movie, it seemed this was going to be an Anime original. Which was fine by me if it was entertaining enough. But what would everyone else thing of this?

The OP was very colourful and I was eager to hear more of KANA-BOON song “Baton Road”. Personally I enjoyed the OP and it’s one of these instance when it get’s me excited to watch the episode. Keeping with the music side of the things, co-composed by Yasuharu Takanashi and -yaiba- once again, but they took a different approach than what they created in Naruto Shippuden. With the different approach of OST, I still think it suited what was shown.

Full impression: https://bdt87.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/boruto-naruto-next-generations-episode-1-impression/
Apr 5, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
Why cast a woman to do Boruto's voice? Sounds so fucking bad.
Apr 5, 2017 9:58 AM
Apr 2017
Have to admit that was a surprisingly good episode, animation was great, had a really bright and fun mood to the episode and I was told about the prologue before I saw the episode, when I first saw the prologue in the manga I didn't have many positive vibes from it however I felt it was executed amazingly in this episode.

Theory Time! My guess about Boruto's eye, to me it looks more like a cross between the byakugan and tenseigan than it does a tenseigan. Maybe this could be an eye that's linked between the two, something above a byakugan but not tenseigan op God level. Sort of like how the mangekyou sharingan acts between the sharingan and the rinnegan. ... why do I always go too deep.
Apr 5, 2017 10:00 AM

Jun 2013
does anyone know what the show is being adapted from? ive read the manga and most of the it was recap of the boruto movie and the newest arc already shows him with sarada and mitsuki while boruto is just entering the academy in the show.
Apr 5, 2017 10:06 AM

Jan 2016
Yoooooooooo this was actually really good! I thought i'd be bad but it was really good.
Apr 5, 2017 10:11 AM

Jan 2008
Surprisingly nice. Real fun vibe. Real nice to see Boruto's eyes in color when he uses them, not sure if it's Byakugan or something new.

It seems like we might have to go through the entirety of the movie since this is way before it. Though the majority of this episode aside from the bit with Kowaki fighting Boruto seems like it might be all original material... no?
Apr 5, 2017 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
I seriously missed this early Naruto vibe. I'm preferring this to the manga so far, so I think I'll be anime only with this. Although since the manga is only monthly this will eventually pass it up.
Apr 5, 2017 10:18 AM
Oct 2013
mrbakchoi888 said:
does anyone know what the show is being adapted from? ive read the manga and most of the it was recap of the boruto movie and the newest arc already shows him with sarada and mitsuki while boruto is just entering the academy in the show.

Original script from the guy that writes the Manga too.
You could consider both canon till now.

No continuity errors have been made yet, since it starts off at an earlier point in time than chapter 700 from Naruto.
It´s pretty smart as they can write this taking place several months before chapter 700, then adapt Mituskis chapter, then adapt chapter 700, then Saradas story, then the kids going on missions with Konohamaru like the Zabuza one.
And only then they´d have to adapt the Movie if they choose so, to continue from there on,

Basicly they can write endless filler without disturbing the canon, a dream come true for Pierrot.
Apr 5, 2017 10:26 AM

Jun 2015
So they decided to take a detour first but this detour has a hole. I don't think Boruto is supposed to have this eyes before facing the Ootsutsukis. And one more thing, they start the academy around seven. Boruto definitely looks older than seven.

Boruto carries his father's legacy, literally. The series starts with a filler. They have ruined the series before it has even begun. The only canon part was the opening scene.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 5, 2017 10:29 AM
Jan 2015
I was so confused with this episode since I did not see any of this in the manga then realized the movie followed the manga.
Apr 5, 2017 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
mrbakchoi888 said:

Original script from the guy that writes the Manga too.
You could consider both canon till now.

No continuity errors have been made yet, since it starts off at an earlier point in time than chapter 700 from Naruto.
It´s pretty smart as they can write this taking place several months before chapter 700, then adapt Mituskis chapter, then adapt chapter 700, then Saradas story, then the kids going on missions with Konohamaru like the Zabuza one.
And only then they´d have to adapt the Movie if they choose so, to continue from there on,

Basicly they can write endless filler without disturbing the canon, a dream come true for Pierrot.

alright thank you. i was just wondering because i stopped reading boruto when i found out it was a recap of the movie and was looking around after i finished the first episode. thought i missed something but i like it this way since the new generation werent fully introduced. would really like to get to know the new generation more but please no year long filler arc like they did in shippuden. lol
Apr 5, 2017 10:43 AM

Aug 2015
Not bad, not bad at all. Better than I expected. I'm still not convinced though, the characters look way too much like their parents, it's kind of stupid. Also from what it seems this story will also be about a Naruto wanting to be acknowledged and to help his black-haired friend who will become evil and destroy the world. eh. I hope not.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 5, 2017 10:56 AM
Oct 2013
mrbakchoi888 said:

alright thank you. i was just wondering because i stopped reading boruto when i found out it was a recap of the movie and was looking around after i finished the first episode. thought i missed something but i like it this way since the new generation werent fully introduced. would really like to get to know the new generation more but please no year long filler arc like they did in shippuden. lol

The problem the Naruto fillers had were that the writers had to come up with them on a weekly basis and they were thrown inbetween the main story. which made them distracting. This will be more akin to the filler post the Naruto & Sasuke fight that lead up to Shippuden, though they do have advantages even over those ones.

1 It´s the same writer that also writes the Boruto Manga. techincally this story is equally canon as the Manga.

2.He doesn´t have a weekly Manga to work on but only a montlhy one that he doesn´t have to put time into drawing.

3.Given all this, he should be capable to write a potent story. Kishimoto was writing and drawing the canon millions fell in love with, on a weekly schedule.

IsterioApr 7, 2017 8:46 AM
Apr 5, 2017 11:15 AM

May 2010
So, I've watched it, and it was pretty... likable? I didn't expect Boruto series to start with him ENTERING the academy, instead of graduating from it, like it was in Naruto's case. And he already knows kage bunshin O_O I remember seeing the first scene in the manga as well, so I really hope the series will continue until at least Boruto's teenage years!
Also, Hinataaa, why did you cut your hair T___T

Opening is decent, I also thought it was very similar to the last op from Bleach. BUT, where are the female kunoichi from Naruto?! Guys got at least one scene in it, but I haven't noticed Ino, Tenten or Temari :<
Ending song sounds like typical female j-rock band, nothing special.

Other than that it was kinda meeeh, typical filler episode with boring wuss character lol. Thankfully Boruto himself is easy to like, his seiyuu suits him perfectly, can't wait to see more of him.

Next ep, Ino's and Sai's son! <33

Typical Sai xD I see he even inherited his "fake smile no jutsu" :D
Apr 5, 2017 11:23 AM
May 2012
that's lame if that kid really killed Naruto. like come on, Naruto is like a god now.
this is a good start, though. looks pretty fun. we'll see how this goes from here.
Apr 5, 2017 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
Was this really studio pierrot? That was very enjoyable
Apr 5, 2017 11:39 AM

Jan 2015
Niveen_Sleem said:
So they decided to take a detour first but this detour has a hole. I don't think Boruto is supposed to have this eyes before facing the Ootsutsukis. And one more thing, they start the academy around seven. Boruto definitely looks older than seven.

Boruto carries his father's legacy, literally. The series starts with a filler. They have ruined the series before it has even begun. The only canon part was the opening scene.

And how the hell do you know whats canon and whats not? It doesn't follow the manga, it follows Kishimotos scripts, so there wont be fillers probably... just because its not the same as the manga it doesnt mean its a filler...
Apr 5, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2016
Way better than what i expected, glad they did the Kawaki vs Boruto thing.
Apr 5, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
SkullProX said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

And how the hell do you know whats canon and whats not? It doesn't follow the manga, it follows Kishimotos scripts, so there wont be fillers probably... just because its not the same as the manga it doesnt mean its a filler...

It clearly says source: manga. This means it have to follow the manga and anything else is filler. One more thing, Kishimoto is only the editor of the Boruto manga.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 5, 2017 11:51 AM

May 2016
You know, the way this anime it going to going at the beggining makes me hopeful that they won't shaft the side caracters like they did to the original Naruto...Poor Tentei...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 5, 2017 12:04 PM

Oct 2015
I really liked this first episode. I liked everything about it, but I'm still afraid that it might end up as an endless filler series where they don't care about the plot, just for the money. Hopefully we get a decent anime, much better than naruto.
Apr 5, 2017 12:07 PM
Mar 2016
Sokah said:

Naruto and Orochimaru are voiced by women as well and noone cares.
Though tbh, the voice doesn't really fit Boruto when he's older.
It'll probably take a while though until we reach that point in the anime, so the voice actress has enough time to practice.
Apr 5, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2008
Sokah said:

You sound like you are new to Anime. Women almost always voice young boys (Naruto was also voiced by a woman).

tkrisz2 said:
I really liked this first episode. I liked everything about it, but I'm still afraid that it might end up as an endless filler series where they don't care about the plot, just for the money. Hopefully we get a decent anime, much better than naruto.

The problem with Naruto filelrs was that Kishimoto did not aid the filler writers due to his busy schedules. He did however write and supervise both of the last two movies, whgich were good stuff.
Boruto's writer is not only a monthly author, but he doesn't do illustrations. Thus, he should be able to spend his time supervising the Boruto fillers.
Apr 5, 2017 12:39 PM

Feb 2014
Niveen_Sleem said:
SkullProX said:

It clearly says source: manga. This means it have to follow the manga and anything else is filler. One more thing, Kishimoto is only the editor of the Boruto manga.

yeah i also heard that the anime isnt following the manga route...
Apr 5, 2017 12:53 PM
Oct 2013
Niveen_Sleem said:

If you took 5 seconds to inform yourself properly you would know that the scriptwriter of the Boruto Anime is the same one as for the Manga
IsterioApr 5, 2017 1:13 PM
Apr 5, 2017 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
Isterio said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

If you took 5 seconds to inform yourself proprly you would know that the scriptwriter of the Boruto Anime is the same one as for the Manga

are you picking a fight with me?
Apr 5, 2017 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
Niveen_Sleem said:
Isterio said:

If you took 5 seconds to inform yourself proprly you would know that the scriptwriter of the Boruto Anime is the same one as for the Manga

are you picking a fight with me?

No, he's just correcting you.
Apr 5, 2017 1:06 PM
Apr 2017
OK so let me first say I really liked the episode. Nice tone. Nice set up for the era they are in (technology) always loved the children since my first introduction to them. But let's get down to the nitty gritty

First: I like the flash forward in the beginning. Staying with the manga but if so, that raises questions. In the manga the kids are doing the chunnin exams. In the anime they aren't even gennin yet. So will we be seeing the manga play out in the anime? And if so, will it be exactly the same or similar to dragon Ball super and the Dragonball movies?

2nd: Boruto for some reason have the tenseigan(and he seems totally unaware). Now if I'm not mistaken u can acquire that by fusing huuyga blood and the blood of hummura or his clan. Which makes me wonder how did he get it. Now a lot of ppl might be saying "did u read the manga dummy?! U saw his hand? He was given chakra from some one part of hummura clan. The diamond thing similar to Sasuke and Naruto's mark from the sage of six paths." Yes yes I remember. But again, dat was during the chunnin exam. Hasn't happened yet so how did he obtain that eye. I'm intrigued about the story behind that.

3rd: is the guy Boruto saved really the guy from the flash forward? Doubt it because the eyes are different but we shall c. But speaking of the lil weakling Boruto saved, wats up with them purple snakes and not just the snake that symbol inside of him that got a add on to it when he was bit?! Is orochimaru back on his shit?! We'll c.

4th: a lot of ppl b4 this episode been clowning and hating Boruto for no apparent reason. Now that I saw this episode I can say that he is awesome. He learned a jonin level jutsu. Shadow clown just like Naruto did at his age but it seems he knew that jutsu for some time. His agility is superb and he's rather quick. I think he's dope lol hoping for a new hair style tho lol
RekdaUchimakiApr 5, 2017 1:21 PM
Apr 5, 2017 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive start, no way it can keep this quality up.
Apr 5, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
I actually really liked this episode, much to my surprise, cause the author of the manga from which this show is adapted isn't Kishimoto Masashi, so I was skeptical a bit. The director is, aside from Hiroyuki Yamashita, also Noriyuki Abe of Bleach fame! I am so interested to see how his involvement is gonna work with the show...

Well, this OP is really colorful and reminds me a lot of Bleach OP 1, which is logical cause the same studio and director are working on it. The song by Kana-Boon is kinda meh, I 'm not sold on it. Other than that, the parkour scene was really well animated and in general, the animation is pretty decent I must say. Sometimes faces were drawn poorly though, but nothing that will distract me from the rest of the episode.

Also, that opening scene with this Kawaki guy was pretty interesting and intense. Both him and older Boruto look badass. Okay, I'm guessing from the conversation that Kawaki killed Naruto which is both weird and interesting at the same time and that Shinobi era has ended, which implies that ninjas aren't needed anymore which implies that there's a new way of fighting or something which leads me to make a theory that this new kid which Boruto met this episode will make some sort of new weapon that will allow users to control jutsu implemented with some science and so on. But we will see....

I don't even know how far ahead is manga from the anime and I hope that it won't have fillers like it's predecessors, but I already know that it won't probably be the case.... Anyway, solid 3.5/5 for this episode, looking forward to next week.

Apr 5, 2017 1:36 PM
Jun 2015
It was a Very VERY strong first episode.
Apr 5, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2014
Do I need to watch the movie before this?
Apr 5, 2017 1:39 PM

Feb 2013
overall seemed like a okey episode to me for starting the series off. shame we dont see boruto progressing to unlocking the byakugan. that would have made for some great character development.

but now doubt its obviously going to be saved for filler at some point

Apr 5, 2017 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
Boruto is worse than Naruto was. But he is a good kid for sure. It was a surprise to see that he also have special eye...
I really hope we see more of Sarada...
Apr 5, 2017 2:13 PM

Mar 2013
I don't know but I have this feeling: I don't read the manga but... Denki and Kawaki are the same person?
Or Kawaki is related do Denki somehow?

And looks like Boruto has the tenseigan and something happended with his eye '-' that scar...
That ocular jutsu is tenseigan right?

Don't belive that Naruto is actually dead.

_junoApr 5, 2017 2:18 PM
Apr 5, 2017 2:28 PM

Apr 2012
this epilogue.... Boruto looked a lot older. Seems we will see (if the anime ever get there due to success) something around 100 Episodes, most likely, if the anime success, more... dont think they will timeskip all the way to make maybe 50 Episodes.

But now we have to deal with this cocky whiney buroto for couple of Episodes before te movie story begins (think around EP15) .. and i hated Buruto in the movie xD
Apr 5, 2017 2:30 PM
Apr 2017
This show is obviously not for people who grew up watching naruto...it clearly states next generation but ama watch it anyways😂 i mean how do u just kill off a character we spent years watching and looking up to... So u work hard to achieve ur goals(hokage) and somewhere along the line u get killed 😑 wtf
Apr 5, 2017 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
spooky_monsters said:
Do I need to watch the movie before this?

No, and it might be better if you don't. This Anime starts before it, and will eventually adapt it.

justlarry33 said:
This show is obviously not for people who grew up watching naruto...it clearly states next generation but ama watch it anyways😂 i mean how do u just kill off a character we spent years watching and looking up to... So u work hard to achieve ur goals(hokage) and somewhere along the line u get killed 😑 wtf

We don't even know if Naruto is dead. Kawaki may as well sealed him somewhere and Naruto is waiting for his son to break him free while drinking tea with sentient frogs.
Apr 5, 2017 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty good opening episode, enjoyed the prologue as much as I did in the manga, even more now when its animated, can't wait until we get there. Also animation and character designs/art are much better then in the manga.

I see there's already some filler going on cause this new kid was never featured anywhere, but its to be expected I guess. Also I wonder will they recap the manga from start which recaped the 2015 movie so we'll have to see all of this for the 3rd time now. Also I wonder will they include the extra 10 chapter Naruto gaiden story written by Kishi himself.

Either way some huge potential is in front of this series, just like its predecessor, as well as lets hope we're in for a great adventure and it runs at least half as long as Naruto did, with less boring filler and more of pure greatness.
Apr 5, 2017 3:00 PM
Nov 2015
Really enjoyed this. I'm someone who watched Naruto from episode 1 when it started airing, and I do agree that Boruto feels very different to Naruto, but in a GOOD way. Boruto is so refreshing as a character, he is very outgoing and charismatic, not only when compared to Naruto but every other shounen MC I saw. He isn't as serious or gloomy as Ichigo or Natsu, yet seems to be smarter and sharper than Naruto and Goku. He seems to be a slightly less aloof but less open than Luffy (expected from a guy who seeks freedom). I really like these types of main characters, hopefully he will remain upbeat, fun and chill yet outgoing, and not turn into a typical shounen hotheaded MC who's depressing to watch.
Apr 5, 2017 3:05 PM
Dec 2014
justlarry33 said:

Yeah, what's up with that? He defeated Kaguya for crying out loud and now some dude just finishes him off? Seriously? Naruto gets killed??!
Apr 5, 2017 3:14 PM
Feb 2017
The Masterpiece because I like this "Train Scene" and Boruto Characters

Take your Hamburguer Everyone!

10/10
Working on the future things.

Apr 5, 2017 3:17 PM
Apr 2016
The Masterpiece because I feel a new age starting, me and them, all of us!
10/10 because to keep going after all that is plainly audacious. You can either condemn or commend them... And I ain't doing the former!
Re:formed
Apr 5, 2017 3:26 PM

May 2010
Lady0905 said:
justlarry33 said:

Yeah, what's up with that? He defeated Kaguya for crying out loud and now some dude just finishes him off? Seriously? Naruto gets killed??!

Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not dead, probably can't fight right now because something-something, and it's just that tattooed dude (and maybe Boruto and/or everyone else) thinks he is :v Unless it was stated otherwise somewhere, but I seriously doubt it.
Apr 5, 2017 3:29 PM

Jun 2016
Not sure if it will be the same as Naruto, but i will still give it a chance.
Apr 5, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
Kitsu-nee said:
Lady0905 said:

Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not dead, probably can't fight right now because something-something, and it's just that tattooed dude (and maybe Boruto and/or everyone else) thinks he is :v Unless it was stated otherwise somewhere, but I seriously doubt it.

Yes the exact thing came in my mind. This dude Naruto beats up Madara and Kaguya, Progenitor of Chakra and then dies at the hands of some newbie shinobi like wtf?
my wtf wtf train goes wtf
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 66 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

11 by Gabriel31YT »»
Apr 7, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 116 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2019

32 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 3, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.