Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2017 9:49 AM

Dec 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Moguro is kind of an asshole, but I guess he gives people their dreams for a certain amount of time before destroying their lives XD
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 3, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
Absolutely love this show. So glad there's a new version of this. Simple, fun and has educational values :)

Can't wait to see what other short stories or case files they come up with.

Apr 3, 2017 10:04 AM

Jan 2015
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting this to be a full-length show
Apr 3, 2017 10:24 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The episodic format is great for this. I can see myself not getting bored of this.

The second case was really harsh. The women has a huge problem caused by shopping addiction and she gets fucked completely by the end, just look at her. She didn't abide by the rules though so this is technically her fault, she went too far with what she had.

First case was also the same formula. The guy has a boring life and gets the chance to have a woman for himself, yet she is not the same beautiful one at night when he has time to come. He got exposed as well since he got out of work and stayed with the girl and got drunk.
Apr 3, 2017 10:32 AM

Aug 2015
Having seen parts of the original, I sort of know whats going to happen in each episode here... I dunno, it feels like I've seen everything before.
Apr 3, 2017 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
walldotfm said:
Absolutely love this show. So glad there's a new version of this. Simple, fun and has educational values :)

Can't wait to see what other short stories or case files they come up with.
amn right. Especially that "educational stuff" part. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 3, 2017 10:56 AM
Jun 2016
Wow....first episode...and what a harsh ending...

But still, the moral is there clearly....you cannot fill lonlieness with 'things'....because it would only make matters worse.

And let's be honest...without that laughing salesman...the same lesson will be learned the hard way...only longer.

Gosh..the lady in this episode really had it tough...but then again she didn't heed the warning (and since when did a credit card become a subsititute for real money?)
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Apr 3, 2017 10:57 AM

Sep 2009
Warau Salesman.... Sounds like a horror story lel
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 3, 2017 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
I never seen the original anime, but I'm liking this reboot.

Had a great start for a seemingly episodic series. It's a shame it's underrated and being rated a bit low.
Apr 3, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2014
I had really been looking forward to this, and it did not disappoint. Seeing this art style is so refreshing.

Also, I noticed this in the background.

Thinking about it, the way this show goes and the consequences of the people, it reminds me of Jigoku Shoujo.
ZeraApr 3, 2017 11:45 AM
Apr 3, 2017 11:44 AM

Nov 2010
Fun show, it has a very classic vibe which is a given. i will definitely keep watching.
Apr 3, 2017 11:48 AM

Oct 2014
Is it safe to watch this without having watched the original? I imagine it is given the seemingly episodic nature but just making sure.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Apr 3, 2017 11:54 AM

Jan 2017
it was a great episode. but the art of the character in first part could be nicer. would be looking forward to the show
Apr 3, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting concept and decent show, but I don't think the stories will stay interesting for long.
OP was amazing though, love that song.
Apr 3, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
This first episode was pretty good, let's see if it keeps interesting for the whole season tho, I'm not a fan of the art style, but well, it's an old series so I can understand. The opening is my favorite so far in this season.
Apr 3, 2017 12:48 PM
Jan 2015
Was the woman in the second story played by Kana Asumi? I had been wondering where she'd gone.
Apr 3, 2017 12:58 PM

Jan 2008
Holy shit, this OP is amazing. Early candidate for best OP of Spring 2017 for sure.
Apr 3, 2017 1:03 PM

Sep 2013
Looks good, laughing salaryman indulging people and they ruin themselves by falling into temptation.
Lured by hostess club and that poor lady :(
Apr 3, 2017 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
Going in to this knowing nothing and with a Fukuzou quickly explaining who he is and what he does to his customers who are lonely seemed very quirky.

The OP made me acknowledge that this show will not take it self seriously but it doesn’t mean that the episode does have deeper meaning. The episode is split in to two parts, and we see him dealing with two customers experiencing some sort of issue and he tries to help them to have a better outcome.

There were fantastic animation throughout the episode, very whacky in some places and out of the ordinary but I would say the first customer character design didn’t suit well with me and I was relieved further on in the episode I could cope with the designs. This is only my opinion and you might not care on how they are portrayed off the wall in a comical sense.

What I have learned with my experience is not to judge by pictures you see or the first minutes in to the episode before making up your mind. I am glad I watched all of it and I didn’t drop it.

Full impression: https://bdt87.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/the-laughing-salesman-new-episode-1-impression/
BDT87Apr 3, 2017 2:30 PM
Apr 3, 2017 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
Love the opening! Is so gooood!
I was kinda sad for the girl in the second case, I mean, she didn't follow the rules, but, wow, that was harsh XD
Moguro is creepy and amusing at the same time.
AND HIS LAUGH
OH HOHOHOHOHOHOHO~~~~
Really interesting!

Apr 3, 2017 3:35 PM
Jul 2015
This was a fun show. I think I'll check out the original sometime.
Apr 3, 2017 4:01 PM

Feb 2016
This was a pleasant surprise to have a show from 1989 readopted into a full 23 min episode show. I love win Waru gives a final judgement of sorts and i also love the comicy art style. The OP and ED have cool styles to them. Im looking forward to the next episode!
What.
Apr 3, 2017 5:14 PM

Jul 2011
Panaru said:
Holy shit, this OP is amazing. Early candidate for best OP of Spring 2017 for sure.

Exactly what I thought! Didn't expect that. :O
Apr 3, 2017 6:08 PM

Nov 2010
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
Is it safe to watch this without having watched the original? I imagine it is given the seemingly episodic nature but just making sure.

Yes, you can watch it. exactly because of episodic nature of it. ;)
Apr 3, 2017 7:08 PM

Apr 2011
Why did she get sooooo old?
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Apr 3, 2017 7:11 PM

Oct 2012
I liked the first two skits. Definitely a refreshing anime with cool art and a neat premise. My only worry is whether or not it will get old after a few episodes.
Apr 3, 2017 7:32 PM

Jan 2017
Even though I looked forward to this very much, I can see how this will get boring real quick.
Apr 3, 2017 8:13 PM

May 2015
I like the plot and the mc but I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy the art style. I like the mc design but the other characters look awful D:
Since the concept is very simple I'm surprise the episodes are 20 min long, imo this should be a 5/10 min series :/
Apr 3, 2017 9:07 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was actually pretty fucked up.
Apr 3, 2017 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
There were some really cool shots in this anime.
Fukuzou is so mysterious, wonder if anything will be explained about him as time goes on.
Also, that ending was creepy.
Apr 4, 2017 1:28 AM
Mar 2017
I think that much more was taken away from her than what she got. Had it been a fair 1:1 exchange, she would have waken up just as she was before. This can actually be exploited. She could just go for "make me look as old, fat, and ugly as possible" and each day she would just wake up younger, thinner, and more beautiful, atleast if they are going to follow the same exchange rate they did. I don't think enough thought was put into this =P.

Also what about food she purchases with the card? Could it be a way to enjoy really high calorie food with no repercussions to health? Sort of like the old Roman times.

I see many ways to abuse this little card.

Neither the character nor moguro were as intelligent as I would have liked them to be : /

I know that if it was me, I would have definitely abused the heck out of their little rules and their little card and laughed at moguro for being an idiot ; p.

Also, the business isn't sustainable. Items are going to lose a substantial amount of value if they aren't brand new. Simply repossessing the next day would be operating at a net loss.

This has a classic nice old school vibe to me, but there are too many fallacies, which are disallowing me from fully enjoying it >.>. It was just like that one lawyer one from awhile back. I might personally have to drop this on episode 1, but I might give it one more shot to see if it improves.

Maybe if Moguro were more clever with his deals and traps, this show would be interesting. As it stands, it just looks like a stupid guy trapping stupid people with ill-thought traps. A lot of the modern intelligent characters would not fall for such silliness and would instead take Moguro's rules and turn them right back on him, exploiting him for all he was worth <3.

Maybe this show is just intended for a younger less mature audience.
nestharusApr 4, 2017 1:48 AM
Apr 4, 2017 2:25 AM

May 2009
So previous series from 90s was same thing for over 100 episodes?
Apr 4, 2017 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
I really would have preferred if they kept the episodes at 10 minutes in length like the original had. Even at 10 minutes it felt like the show could drag on at times. Now having them be full length it is going to be more of a drag.

purplepinapples said:
Having seen parts of the original, I sort of know whats going to happen in each episode here... I dunno, it feels like I've seen everything before.

Agree completely.

Toa_of_Gallifrey said:

Yes, you can watch it without having seen the original. It's pretty much the same stories but a little more modern.

bastek66 said:
So previous series from 90s was same thing for over 100 episodes?

The previous show had episodes that were only 10 minutes long and told just one story each. It seems in this new version they're going to combine two stories making it into a full length show.
Apr 4, 2017 7:48 AM
Nov 2011
The concept seems interesting, and I like that part very much. But the stories, at least in this episode were extremely basic and predictable. If they don't do something truly exciting with the concept, this will get repetitive in the next episode.
Apr 4, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2010
Sorry but I don't understand that shit.
I see people getting bullied, and a dickhead driving them into further despair in a situation they can't possibly come back from. Very educational right, yeah, sure. Are you learning to be an asshole from that ?

It's about the same level of morality than Kurayami Santa, twice deeper into the crap compared to Jigoku Shoujo.
Apr 4, 2017 12:56 PM

Jun 2012
Beatrice-KF said:
Sorry but I don't understand that shit.
I see people getting bullied, and a dickhead driving them into further despair in a situation they can't possibly come back from. Very educational right, yeah, sure. Are you learning to be an asshole from that ?

It's about the same level of morality than Kurayami Santa, twice deeper into the crap compared to Jigoku Shoujo.

For a guy who doesn't want money, his victims end up in debt(first part)... lol
Ironically, the characters with best moral values tend to end up in shit which is realistic unfortunately, that's some twisted message that this anime delivers.
I'm with you, this straight up teaches you, "Be a dick or a bully so that nobody takes advantage of you and you'll be good, be a good person and you'll be exploited and end up in despair for the rest of your life."
Apr 4, 2017 1:49 PM
Oct 2012
Good episode, the series seems refreshing and different, I hope it does not become repetitive.
Apr 4, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
Moguro is a dick, plain and simple. And watching idiots ruin themselves is sweet schadenfreude. I'll enjoy it for what it is - no deep morality bullshit for me!

Also, I find the old-school artstyle comfy and nostalgic, it's like watching something from the Doraemon era
Apr 4, 2017 7:39 PM

Aug 2015
>6 on MAL
MAL with the muy mal taste as usual

This was great.
Apr 4, 2017 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
I'll probably be one of the negative sides but I personally didn't liked the first episode, due to the ending of the second half which was the ending of the entire episode. It didn't really made me laugh and instead it just made me feel like stopping it there because it really ticked me off.

Yeah you can argue it's for comedic value and that I can understand since it's subjective. But that's the thing. The comedy is subjective, hence why I didn't liked the second half's ending because it made me feel a slight of cringe and instead it made me feel sour after the good or decent first half. I'll probably pick it up sometime later.
Apr 4, 2017 9:29 PM

Jan 2015
Melkaticox said:
>6 on MAL
MAL with the muy mal taste as usual

This was great.
Maybe it would have gotten a higher rating if it was a kawaii monster girl "salesman" instead.
Apr 4, 2017 10:36 PM

Nov 2010
Love the OP so much!

This episode is ok.. The art style remind me of other classic anime like kaibutsu-kun.
Apr 4, 2017 11:24 PM

Dec 2015
Exactly what I had expected after few eps,except that it is 20mn long and still focused on 80s "peoples types".I know salarymen and OLs are still athing today but their predominance (at least in media) is over so I expected other types of characters to "update" the series like they did with technology: here we have weird 2010s elements in an 80s setting.
Also, the heroin looked pretty alien in the anime.

@purplepinapples @TFO1013 Doesn't the digital drawings make the "caricatural" style look uglier than in the cellulos animation?

3/5

@BDT87 Would you mind giving me examples of the noticeably well animated sequences of the episode please?
edit @BDT87 Oh, right ! I noticed it too (particularly since this wasn't in the older adaptation). By the way, you shouldn't say "animation style" when you are referring to something else than the moving style, when I read you it seems more like character-design. And be aware that the thing you dislike here is probably what will be the most prominent since this is the manga's style.

@ramenshoujo What era is Doraemon's?For the drawings, it's simply because it's based on a manga by Fujiko F Fujio, one half of the Doraemon's creators.
@sefferia_ellis Isn't kaibutsu-kun from Fujiko Fujio?

@TheOmnipotent Will be the same thing over again, repeated twice per eps, unless they go for a few connected cases(ex:man⇒wife)
@keepwatching Stop watching if you aren't ready for Doraemon's style.

About the "less mature audience" targeted, It looks more like it's intended for 50ish people.

Rei_IIIApr 5, 2017 10:42 AM
Apr 4, 2017 11:32 PM

Aug 2015
@Rei366 Yeah, it definitely loses some of its creepiness... the grainy look of the older cell animation was great in the original.
Apr 5, 2017 12:04 AM

Jun 2016
Haha I am start to like this show <3
looking forward on the next episode
Apr 5, 2017 6:14 AM
Jan 2015
enjoyed the episode but due to a busy schedule will give it the 3 episode treatment :)
Apr 5, 2017 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
Rei366 said:

@BDT87 Would you mind giving me examples of the noticeably well animated sequences of the episode please?

Certainly, but let me just be clear I preferred part 2 of the episode animation style rather than the whacky style of part 1 of the episode. The mouth of that customer in my preference I don't personlly like that style.

But what I was talking about was the 2 parts when the salesman shouts ドーン "BOOM", I thought that was animated rather well.
Apr 5, 2017 12:58 PM

Apr 2015
I liked this "episode" the second part in special,this is a manga of fujio,so i did not disappointment on relation to drawing style,Also I liked the OP theme.

DarkFatalKnight said:
Maybe it would have gotten a higher rating if it was a kawaii monster girl "salesman" instead.

Heh.
[url=]
Apr 5, 2017 2:40 PM

Jun 2013
the OP is really interesting
Apr 6, 2017 1:46 AM

Oct 2008
Moguro laughs the same way as Mayuri Kurotsuchi/Freezia!
4/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 12 Discussion

Mascera - Jun 19, 2017

24 by CopperTyrant »»
Jan 5, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 3 Discussion

Mascera - Apr 17, 2017

14 by Sr_Alpha »»
Aug 30, 2022 2:07 PM

» YO THIS OPENING BOPS

Reaperoflight - Feb 8, 2022

3 by anikevin »»
Jul 21, 2022 1:21 AM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 11 Discussion

Mascera - Jun 12, 2017

15 by Reaperoflight »»
Feb 28, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 5 Discussion

Mascera - May 1, 2017

24 by Sakuta002766 »»
Nov 28, 2020 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.