Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2017 11:20 AM

Sep 2016
regardless the final outcome of the series , it seems a lot of people, including me are disappointed with the direction that the writer took for this anime.

I feel like after Lafter died, the plot become real MESS. basically everyone is killed for the sake of shock factor with no real purpose. everything is meaningless and every protagonist character went full retard, especially mcgills and orga.

I think they should've get rid of julietta shitty plot armor and let mikazuki killed her before she messed up Shino's aim to kill Rustal. after that McGills can do whatever he wants with Bael and went full action with whatever plot excuse. they can even end it with the same gjallanhorn reformation ending, with less asspull (rustal become good for no reason)
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2017 11:33 AM

Oct 2011
There is nothing to fix.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2013
Have a Kill em All Tomino ending, like Ideon Be Invoked.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 2, 2017 6:32 PM
Jun 2011
There is really nothing to fix. Since the begining, the anime worked with the idea of an "unfair world" where Tekkadan had to live. And, as Gaelio stated at the end, Mikazuki and friends had no other place to live than a battlefield. I am actually surprised that so many Tekkadan members survived.

As for Rustal, he was not a good guy out-of-nowhere. He had his own agenda and he worked to fulfill it - he solidified Gallajhorn position and became well-known with his military tactics and power behind the scenes. Was it fair? Of course not. But that is the point.
Apr 2, 2017 6:33 PM

Nov 2011
Tekkadan was not innocent. They weren't in the first season's ending and they weren't in the second season from the time they agreed to join McGillis's plan to overthrow Gjallarhorn. None of the people who died would have died had Orga acted with more care. He got most of his family killed for nothing-- that's the point.

McGillis was no better than Rustal. His hands were not clean ever since the end of the first season. The end does not justify the means.

There's nothing to fix.
Apr 2, 2017 7:09 PM

Dec 2016
GangsterCat said:
regardless the final outcome of the series , it seems a lot of people, including me are disappointed with the direction that the writer took for this anime.

I feel like after Lafter died, the plot become real MESS. basically everyone is killed for the sake of shock factor with no real purpose. everything is meaningless and every protagonist character went full retard, especially mcgills and orga.

I think they should've get rid of julietta shitty plot armor and let mikazuki killed her before she messed up Shino's aim to kill Rustal. after that McGills can do whatever he wants with Bael and went full action with whatever plot excuse. they can even end it with the same gjallanhorn reformation ending, with less asspull (rustal become good for no reason)

MY TYPE OF ENDING, ohh I was going to be happy if that happened :(
Apr 2, 2017 8:16 PM
Dec 2014
I agree it did go to shit I mean how many times do the POS corporations who run this country win and that's all of the time so the direction he went in was stupid . Even if most anime have under dog surviving all odds stories, this could've been one of the greatest but unfortunately took a different approach just to be different and ended up with nothing left to imagine or hope for
Apr 3, 2017 1:10 AM
Oct 2012
I think people looking for a happy ending where the MCs win missed the point. Tekkadan, from the very start, was doomed to failed. Remember the casualties they sustained at the end of season one? No matter how brave, hardy and skilled they are, they had not the resources to take on the heavyweights and it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Rustal was not an altruistic guy, but he was never a villainous figure to begin with. He was a strategist and above all, a true politician. In fact, he had much more direction than McGillis and was much better at leveraging his immense power. So at the end, Rustal, the man who deserved to win, got what he wanted. This ending for me, made a lot more sense.

Apr 3, 2017 2:22 AM
Dec 2016
The earth branch arc should have been pruned and the screentime used to develop the other characters in S2.
Apr 3, 2017 2:55 AM
Mar 2013
I was going to write that there is nothing to fix cause this ending is what they aimed from the beginning for this show but then...
starkipraggy said:
The earth branch arc should have been pruned and the screentime used to develop the other characters in S2.

I read this one and remember, earth branch arc are really bad and too long... if they pruned this surely the later part of shino and final battle will be perfect

kudos for you stranger from the internet
Apr 3, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2008
I think most people who disliked the ending does so because the guys who ended up victorious, did so with relative ease. They had plenty of plot armor and sacrificed nothing to achieve complete and utter victory. Not to mention the faction that won, used underhanded methods to do so.
It becomes very difficult to root or accept such victory, even if it is grounded in sound logic.

I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 3, 2017 4:53 AM
May 2012
GangsterCat said:

You know what @GangsterCat ? Let's just DROP THIS DISCUSSION RIGHT HERE.

It gets me into heated discussions that makes me feel like shit to me since people on MAL nowadays are like nothing but nitwits who doesn't even care about opinions.

ZingFreelancer said:
I think most people who disliked the ending does so because the guys who ended up victorious, did so with relative ease. They had plenty of plot armor and sacrificed nothing to achieve complete and utter victory. Not to mention the faction that won, used underhanded methods to do so.
It becomes very difficult to root or accept such victory, even if it is grounded in sound logic.

I can't believe I am the only person who felt the same fate like this. I mean you're right, @ZingFreelancer.

I know some people will come here & say "Shut the fuck up, the show is over now, deal with it" or some crap like that. I'm sorry, but no - I am voicing my opinion and they cannot tell me to shut the hell up.

I'm gonna go to frigging bed. Just talking about this makes my head hurt even though anime has become part-of-my-life.
Apr 3, 2017 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
Yea, after Shino died, the plot became worse. Actually they build the plot pretty well up to before the large scale war between McGillis and Rustal's fleet, but failed after that. Rustal group's plot armor is too strong, even before the war. Iok managed to survive mobile armor and Aniki's heroic crash lol. In the war, Mikazuki and Shino failed to kill Julietta and Rustal.

They could've made McGillis faction won, and if they need to kill McGillis, he could die together with Gaelio, finally as friends. Tekkadan's side could also lose lots of people but they turned victorious. After that, we can get the same time skip with a new leader reforming Gjalarhorn. Not so hard to make, but the writers say othetwise.
Apr 3, 2017 6:23 AM

Apr 2009
How do you fix Gundam IBO season 2 plot?

Develop and give proper storylines and screentime to your main characters instead of side-lining them for the antagonists until you are ready to kill them (But not before giving them a backstory flashback), I guess.

Apr 3, 2017 8:30 AM
May 2012
I WOULD RATHER SEE MCGILLIS BETRAYS TEKKADAN INSTEAD OF THIS BULLCRAP!!
Apr 3, 2017 9:47 AM
Mar 2013
I don't hate rustal as a character. He's a great villain. One that isn't inherently evil for the sake of being evil, but he will do whatever needs to be done to benefit him. In the end what benefited him was both, doing good (last 12 minutes of the anime) and bad (the rest of the anime).

As a bonus, he wasn't a blinded idiot like the other similar guy, McGillis. Rustal knew his limits and didn't focus on stealing power, but gaining it; and he didn't it at the right opportunity.

Orga was also blinded and overconfident in their abilities, even though most of their previous victories were partly because of luck. And even if he wanted a better place to live, there is no way he could have made it without sacrifices. His whole policy was either hypocrisy or idiocy or both.

Nobliss didn't die sooner cause all the powerful people were his allies, he was well guarded, and his enemies were small groups incapable or unwilling to mess with him without good reason. Unlike Orga, who was strolling around in broad daylight when his enemies have huge networks.

Julietta and Gaelio didn't die because they were always with superior numbers or backup (hint: they're an organized military), while tekkadan only had plot armor and Nakama Power.

Iok finally died cause even though he had all his loyal subordinates, he was still stupid enough to charge in everytime.

In the end, the anime taught us that sometimes you'll have to work with the worst of people you hate if you want any peace, Nakama Power is a lie, people die. Going against the odds means exactly that, it's right there in the phrase: "against" "odds". It means there's a higher chance you'll fail. And this anime finally showed that happening.

To avoid this ending, the only change the plot could use is the anime ending with Orga refusing McGillis' offer and settling down when they had the chance.
Apr 3, 2017 3:02 PM
Jun 2011
I dont really want things to be any different, but for the sake of this topic (and because I was thinking about it the whole day) I will say how it could be different:

1- The Mobile Armor arc: McGillis, after witnessing the power of a single unit, decides to gather all info about Mobile Armors, eventually owning a good number of them through secret operations. He develops a control unit, so he can give specfic orders to them (like sorting out who is friend or foe);

2- Rustal discovers what McGillis is doing and seizes the opportunity, stealing all the MAs and the main control unit for them. He threatens Gallajhorn to give in the power or be destroyed.

3- McGillis, now powerless, seeks the only thing that could turn tables for him: Gundam Bael, a sealed machine with the power to control MAs. The only problem is that he is sorely outmatched, thus seeking Tekkadan's aid with its three Gundam frames.

4- Space battle, which Rustal believes he can win just with his troops. McGillis unleash Bael and makes use of Dainsleaf, decimating Rustal's troops. That forces him to use the Mobile Armors he stole, creating a massacre in outer space.

5- A desperate battle begins, with Rustal gaining the upper hand as the MAs are using the debris to fix themselves. Shino sacrifices himself while firing the Dainsleaf and killing Rustal.

6- McGillis, who now has control over the Mobile Armors, turns on Tekkadan, claiming that they have become too dangerous to keep on living. Akihiro unleashes Gusion's Berserk mode to take care of all MAs by himself, while Mikazuki engages Bael.

7- Gallajhorn remaining forces sides with Tekkadan, to end once and for all the threat of the Mobile Armors. Barbatos has to fight both Bael and Mobile Armors, forcing him to give his all on Berserk Mode. McGillis is afraid to do the same, as he dont want to become a cripple.

8- Akihiro and Mikazuki manage to destroy the Mobile Armors and severely damage Bael, but Akihiro doesnt make it while Mikazuki enters a comatose state. McGillis tries to flee, only to be intercepted by a miraculously surviving Gaelio who finishes his old friend.

9- Ten years later. Tekkadan becomes a big company and constantly do business with Teiwaz. Barbatos becomes a legend in Mars, but Mikazuki never recovers. Atra and Kudelia, with Akatsuki, now take care of him.
Apr 3, 2017 3:24 PM

Sep 2016
seems a lot of people misunderstood things here. i'm not complaining about the ending. there are a lot of way to reach the exact same ending but with far better direction than the current shitty one where everyone is just randomly become incompetent and die, while antagonist got all the asspull and the glory. no action, no tension, boring and anticlimatic.

and Dainsleif effortlessly killed entire turbines, entire mcgills fleet, shino, akihiro, mika. that's just convenience bullshit right there.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 3, 2017 9:01 PM
Dec 2016
After some thought, Shino should have succeeded in assassinating Rustal. That would have blown the conflict wide open and pave the way for a Zeta-style 3-way between Gaelio, Tekkadan, and McGillis (who betrays Tekkadan because lonely at the top/want to beat Mika). Gaelio gets screwed, Shino and some other pilots die along the way, Mika and McGillis get an epic final battle. Mika wins, maybe dies. Kudelia becomes the leading politician. Orga has to live with cleaning up the shit. Definitely a more exciting conclusion than Dainsleif Ex Machina and infinite plot armor.
Apr 4, 2017 3:52 AM

May 2011
McGillis: "Hey, you guys want to join my rebellion? I'll give you Mars."
Orga: "Naw, we're good."

Kidding aside, I liked it. Very un-Gundam. I fully expected it to turn out like starkipraggy described, but luckily it didn't.
Apr 4, 2017 4:37 AM
Apr 2016
JoeQ said:

Kidding aside, I liked it. Very un-Gundam. I fully expected it to turn out like starkipraggy described, but luckily it didn't.

Shino and co.: Hey Orga, Mikazuki, Minna, look at us, we have a place in this world now, all thanks to you, to the Teiwaz, Turbines, Arbrau to everyone! Even Rustal did not go as far as a tyrant! All you ever wanted for us to have. Let's go start a war that will destroy the hard earned through orphans blood peace!!1!
----------------------
Tekkadan =//= retards. Though some want them to be, since it would be a "better ending". Gross and pitiful.
Re:formed
Apr 4, 2017 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
Nothing, only thing that bothered me is that Mikazuki didn't kill Julieta and than she want to claim that she killed the devil. Like he didn't even have arms by the time you got to him and you still barely won lol.
Apr 4, 2017 6:48 AM
Apr 2016
Major123 said:
Nothing, only thing that bothered me is that Mikazuki didn't kill Julieta and than she want to claim that she killed the devil. Like he didn't even have arms by the time you got to him and you still barely won lol.

People of your likes are the reason this whole mess with the Tekkadan escalated to begin with. Julietta did not kill a single being (considering she let out that butterfly afterwards) throughout the series, she was always on defense or overwhelmed. Such malice and such bloodthirst, misguided and... and...
Apr 4, 2017 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Major123 said:

People of your likes are the reason this whole mess with the Tekkadan escalated to begin with. Julietta did not kill a single being (considering she let out that butterfly afterwards) throughout the series, she was always on defense or overwhelmed. Such malice and such bloodthirst, misguided and... and...
She was a puppet of Rustal who is just a giant hypocrite. She acknowledges it during the show that he's a shady adult but still follows him anyway. People like that shouldn't deserve a high position of power. Its mainly how she gloated after she killed Mikazuki, that was the thing that bothered me.
Apr 4, 2017 7:04 AM
Apr 2016
Major123 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

She was a puppet of Rustal who is just a giant hypocrite. She acknowledges it during the show that he's a shady adult but still follows him anyway. People like that shouldn't deserve a high position of power. Its mainly how she gloated after she killed Mikazuki, that was the thing that bothered me.

You could not even fathom what the moving pictures were showing you, why even attempt to grasp the symbolism behind it all?! Rewatch the scene when Mikazuki collapsed, keep rewatching until you either admit you did not even care or actually see what happened.
Apr 4, 2017 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Major123 said:

You could not even fathom what the moving pictures were showing you, why even attempt to grasp the symbolism behind it all?! Rewatch the scene when Mikazuki collapsed, keep rewatching until you either admit you did not even care or actually see what happened.
I did though, your saying that Julietta is completely innocent so maybe you should rewatch it.
Apr 4, 2017 7:07 AM

Sep 2016
julietta is empty, bland self-righteous NPC that should've been dead at least 3 times already
CrossAnge

Apr 4, 2017 9:46 AM
Mar 2017
1. that scene where shino throw the dianslef let it hit rustal and make him die...that would make the most epic scene in gundam history
2. mcgilis take over glarhon and become greed wan to take over mars also
3. mggillis with his glarhon war with tekkadan and teiwas...galio and julietta join tekkadan to defeat mcgilis...
Apr 4, 2017 10:06 AM
Dec 2016
JoeQ said:

I honestly wouldn't mind Gaelio winning, so long as it wasn't Rustal winning. Having a 3-way fight makes things interesting. Gaelio could get pummelled early and retreat to lick his wounds, McGillis and Tekkadan slug it out, people die, Gaelio pops out after the slugfest and smacks them both around before declaring himself the winner, then institutes reform. Rustal winning is tilting.
Apr 4, 2017 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
GangsterCat said:
julietta is empty, bland self-righteous NPC that should've been dead at least 3 times already
Okada self-insert, or maybe it's Kudelia?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 4, 2017 1:04 PM

Feb 2014
A few suggestions:
-Idiok, Bitchietta, and Gaylio appear with Gjallarhorn army ony Mars
-Barbatos, Gusion, Flauros and whatever Orgas MB is + nameless MBs fight against them.
-They destroy the majority of it, having loss at their side as well
-Idiok gets slowly destroyed by Akihiko, first destroying his legs, then his arms, then crushes him while Idiok begging for his pathetic life.
-Bitchietta gets killed by Mika but managing to rip off an arm of Barbartos
-Gaylio almost kills Orga but McGillis joins with Bael kills him after a hard struggle.
- Rustal gathers Mobile Armors and release them on Mars to fight Tekkadan.
-Bael and Barbatos destroy all of them therefore getting heavily damaged.
-Rustal appears and kills McGillis, Akihiko, Orga.
-Mika goes berserk, destroys Rustal but dies due to overdrive.
-The rest of the seven stars appear and declare end of the war
-Kudelia negotiates with the seven stars and establish a new world order.
-Epilogue with the young kids growing up in a good enviroment marking the new generation of Tekkadan/Gjallarhorn, the lost ones go down as heroes fighting for a better world.
Apr 4, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2015
Major123 said:

Why the hate for Julieta? I must say members standing at Tekkadan's side are unable to see the whole picture. The reason why she claimed killing the devil was just part of the propaganda. Just so you know McGillis faction together with Tekkadan are seen as "evil" to the world and soldier on the spot, Mika literally killing like a devil himself. By claiming Julieta killed the devil, also means ending the final conflict. So she never thought that she is the one who win against Mika. Just like some members said she is in a way innocent, never use dirty tactics and never laugh like a villian. She just simply does not understand what Tekkadan and Mika is fighting for, which of course later at end understand them a little bit. Plus we should give her credit for not chicken out when she fights against Mika. As for she following Rustal, also not a big deal. Rustal is an antagonist, not a villian. He see McGillis disturb the order, and deal with him(together with Tekkadan) in his own way. The most importantly, Rustal admitted he is evil himself. Pretty much the same standard as politician in our real world.

Well if Tekkadan never go with McGillis plan from the start, things would be different.
valvravetruthApr 4, 2017 2:27 PM
Apr 4, 2017 2:30 PM
Apr 2016
valvravetruth said:
Major123 said:

Why the hate for Julieta? I must say members standing at Tekkadan's side are unable to see the whole picture. The reason why she claimed killing the devil was just part of the propaganda. Just so you know McGillis faction together with Tekkadan are seen as "evil" to the world and soldier on the spot, Mika literally killing like a devil himself. By claiming Julieta killed the devil, also means ending the final conflict. Just like some members said she is in a way innocent, never use dirty tactics and never laugh like a villian. She just simply does not understand what Tekkadan and Mika is fighting for, which of course later at end understand them a little bit. Plus we should give her credit for not chicken out when she fights against Mika. As for she following Rustal, also not a big deal. Rustal is an antagonist, not a villian. He see McGillis disturb the order, and deal with him(together with Tekkadan) in his own way. The most importantly, Rustal admitted he is evil himself. Pretty much the same standard as politician in our real world.

Well if Tekkadan never go with McGillis plan from the start, things would be different.

Also, it is not about siding with *either* of them, there never were sides to begin with. It is about tragedy and humanism to reflect upon it. To make it even more clear, I understand where both Tekkadan and Gjallarhorn are coming from, I have seen both do good and bad and I have witnessed both, through ultimate sacrifices, reach the right world they always wanted to. There were some characters that could be hated real much, e.g. Nobliss and Jasley, but besides couple of them neither side can be considered "protagonist" or "antagonist". Well, they can be if you are a simpleton, which is true for (most)some. This story was about the circumstances and ambitions that did as much good as evil upon the world. Not a popular kind, not too much likeable, yet, if anything, meaningful and endlessly respected by me.
Apr 5, 2017 2:04 AM

May 2011
I don't get why so many people would've wanted McGillis to succeed and betray Tekkadan. That's super cliché and I thought it was great they avoided that.

Also, it would've ruined the parallels between McGillis and Tekkadan: both were hugely successful in the first season, only to let their hubris and greed ruin them in the second. At least Orga was smart enough to see they were doomed and tried to save what he could, while McGillis still blindly believed in victory even as he's suicidally attacking the enemy fleet alone and in an antique Gundam.

At least we can all agree that it was good that Mikazuki didn't miraculously get cured and gain magical pacifist superpowers, right?
Apr 9, 2017 11:35 PM

Jul 2013
man they shouldve beaten julietta to death given she was ultimately responsible for major mc murders. Underestimated early on. The dude in the bathroom got off easy with gunshots in the shitter. Loved this show.
Apr 10, 2017 2:10 PM
Apr 2016
JetFury said:
man they shouldve beaten julietta to death given she was ultimately responsible for major mc murders. Underestimated early on. The dude in the bathroom got off easy with gunshots in the shitter. Loved this show.

So is being "ultimately responsible for major mc murders" qualify as a death sentence crime, in your twisted book? And "murdering ultimately minor sc irresponsibly" is now a glory and honour display? They should really hurry up with ethics curriculum worldwide.
Apr 16, 2017 12:39 AM

Jul 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
JetFury said:

So is being "ultimately responsible for major mc murders" qualify as a death sentence crime, in your book?
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Yes.
Apr 16, 2017 10:53 AM
Apr 2016
...Wickedy sick.
Apr 16, 2017 3:42 PM
Jan 2011
Honestly? If Kudelia had her own child. Other than that, I'm cool. Listen, it's very important to differentiate liking an outcome you want vs liking the story as good. I know a lot of people want a happy ending but that would not make a good story. People die. They live, they struggle. That's what makes it beautiful.
May 20, 2017 11:51 PM

Jun 2016
GangsterCat said:
seems a lot of people misunderstood things here. i'm not complaining about the ending. there are a lot of way to reach the exact same ending but with far better direction than the current shitty one where everyone is just randomly become incompetent and die, while antagonist got all the asspull and the glory. no action, no tension, boring and anticlimatic.

and Dainsleif effortlessly killed entire turbines, entire mcgills fleet, shino, akihiro, mika. that's just convenience bullshit right there.

im pretty sure everyone expected things would not go smoothly (as in happily for the characters) but the way they execute the last episodes were so bad. they're defying their own logics.
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

Nov 10, 2018 4:11 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
GangsterCat said:

So are you saying you hated how tekkadan was screwed all over in the second half?
Jan 1, 2019 7:57 PM
Dec 2018
I see your point, and partially, this is true. In some parts, it feels rushed. However, I don`t feel that they took "idiotic decisions". See, Orga didn`t act retarded, he saw that they were cornered and choose to retreat. This is not retarded, it was the first time Orga saw that they didn`t have any more cards up their sleeves. Lafter, unfortunately, was killed for the sake of Akihiro and Tekkadan to get blood in their eyes. This is a common variable in hundreds of animes, mangas, books, and especially TV shows.
I agree with you that Julieta should have been turned into Barbatos lunch. She has no purpose whatsoever in that series, aside from annoying Mikazuki. I am not kidding, if you disagree, rewatch, she has absolutely no purpose, instead of fighting Mika over and over and distracting him.
I am not trying to be an antagonist to your post here since I have some level of agreeance, but MacGillis plot was perfect. You need to see in more depth. He was an extensively abused child, even after being adopted, and the only comfort he saw, was seen that work of fiction and dreaming to be a hero himself. He is called a fool by all, so the writers knew that it was a foolish move. But this foolish move, created in the mind of an abused child, let to the change of all political aspects.
Except for some annoying characters, such as Julieta, there is nothing to fix. IBO is a story about orphans, used as a pawn in the war, seen as trash, that tries to become more than they really are. They created history and a legend about themselves, all this time being kids that only wanted to be allowed to live. And all started with Orga`s will, and a Gundam named Barbatos, piloted by a kid who is willing to do anything.
Jan 6, 2019 12:38 PM

Mar 2010
Although I didn't like some bits of the season (like Orga's death, which was a bit pale, tbh), I think that the ending plot was fine as it was. It made the characters the most human as it possibly could. For example, McGillis was smart, manipulative, but as cunning as he was, he was a pretty headstrong guy who did not accept and wouldn't accept the reality that his plans failed. His desperate acts at the end showed just how in the end he was just desperate human. (In reality, there was this one cunning German guy who was super smart but lost a war and pretty much went even madder). Not many people may know this, but humans are more irrational than they think. This anime really showed us that side of humans very well, but I guess it's not something the much of the audience are used to.

And I really liked how ironic it was that in the end, to maintain his power, Rustal had to reform and took some of McGillis' ideas. We were tricked to root for McGillis and Tekkadan all along without realising that there was no black and white, and they fought for nothing, and the ending showed us just that. It made the show feel really tragic and logical in a real human sense.

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Apr 5, 2019 9:32 AM
Jan 2018
GangsterCat said:

There was literally no better way to end the show. The show had been building up to an ending like this for pretty much the whole thing. An ending where Tekkadan won wouldn't fit what they were going for and would've been generally unbelievable. They were going up against the largest fleet of the most powerful military force who were using illegal weaponry they had no chance of coming out alive let alone winning. Rustal was never a villain he was more an antagonistical anti-hero. He had good intentions and was willing to do anything to see them through hence why he was an antagonist.
Sep 14, 2020 4:50 AM

Aug 2017
Start by not killing off Lafter for shock value and plot convenience.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"
Sep 16, 2020 1:45 PM

Dec 2017
Only less drama to Orga's death scene, for the rest nothing to fix.

Sep 16, 2020 2:11 PM

Aug 2018
There is stuff that needs to be fixed??? News to me
_______I like rocks__
Jan 22, 2021 5:04 AM
Jan 2021
Daniel_Naumov said:
Major123 said:

What the hell are you talking about? Julieta killed tons of people throughout the course of the series. She was slaughtering Gjallarhorn revolutionaries and Teakkadan grunts left and right in e 45. Did you close your eyes for those parts so you could portray her as some sort of sinless Jesus figure in your head? Not to mention her support in committing the war crime that was the attack on the Turbines while helping to kill Amida. The writers even make her regret her dogmatism in the epilogue when she realizes Tekkadan weren't, "demons" and they were just fighting for survival after getting tied up in McGillis' poorly thought out power grab. She's a villain, and a poorly written one at that.
ConnoeJan 22, 2021 5:23 AM
May 27, 2021 11:19 PM
Oct 2020
Mang this was a poorly developed and infuriating show and I am seriously pissed I invested time. Wasted so much time on this story only to have the most contrived ending ever. I understand that it’s psychologically jarring Way to end to a show but it resolves almost nothing and just makes me wonder what I’m supposed to take away from this show. ‘Make sure you ally w the bigger richer faction’ is the message take away ??? There is no way that not one key member of Rustal’s faction bit the dust especially in a 1v1 against Mika they all managed to survive ???
I hate this show fr they pulled everything out’ of their ass and every character that survived all sucked the most and hardest in the show and it sucks and author kin I want you know this was shit.
Holy shit even Mcgillis got offed by the bigges pair of pussies I’ve ever had the misfortune of hearing monologue. Fuck this show man fuck if y’all think I’m being negative but i just binged the whole 50 episodes because of the ratings and man I do not trust MAL anymore. ‘THE PLACE THAT ORGA WILL TAKE US WILM BE OURS’ yea apparantly not because shitty adults and plot armoured manchildren and snooty bitches will always win in the end.
What was the point of the literal legions of enemies Mikazuki managed to kill? One of whom he killed after stepping in Barbatos for the first time?(general who challenged them)
And oh man Orga??? Why you do my guy like that?? He should’ve become a suave badass like Naze, but he just stayed still the whole season. His death too: unbelievably infuriating and a cop out.
Im not gonna go into characters cuz they were enjoyable enough but damn what an absolutely wack conclusion.
And the hypocrisy of the whole show man where do I start with this show. The entire show we are told ‘Keep moving forward we’ll get there’ GET WHERE??? A morgue it seems.
It felt like it was trying to trick me into caring about these characters who are literally archetypes w no relation to the main story so they up and died instead.
Cool robots tho. What was the point was the question I walked away with.
UltimateKaiMay 28, 2021 12:22 AM
May 27, 2021 11:28 PM
Jul 2020
Mcguillis turning lelouch would be the best result to happen
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Yesterday, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.