Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2017 5:30 PM

Jan 2011
this has to be the biggest divide i've seen for a Gundam ending i admit i'm more on the side of wanting a happy ending were everyone lives and the "bad guys" lose and this second season really did a flip for the worse on making them fight a unwinnable battle but the thing that bothered me the most is how underhanded all the tactics that were used against them and how Rustal got away with murder literally without anyone getting wind of all of it and still came out on top.

i bet if it wasn't for both Iok and that other scumbag dying i would of raged

what a wild and depressing ride it's been overall i give it a 8 ,the finale arc besides the great action was the worse part of the series honestly i feel like there's some room life for them to do a movie but i'm not sure i'd want that

next Build fighters when? lol
katsu044Apr 2, 2017 5:34 PM
Apr 2, 2017 5:40 PM

Sep 2013
@Turtles_Leader

Not quite sure if this answers your question, but...

In s1, Tekkadan were definitely the underdogs. They had no choices available to them. For them it was to keep moving forward to survive. And they had the general moral white side with them as well. As a result we really rooted for them.

In s2, they had many more choices and were no longer the underdogs since they've established themselves. Pretty much, the bad end was a result of them making poor choices, and that's simply disappointing. As I mentioned, I'm also heavily disappointed with McGillis, he miscalculated the rebellion, misread Rustal's ruthlessness to do whatever it takes to win, etc.

Nayrael said:

I feel so sorry for Macky. Literally nobody listens to what he said...

Macky believed in "Might Makes Right" and "Power to the Strong" ideals. We have a name for that: Fascism.
And conveniently enough, fascists too opposed corruption. But alas, opposing bad guys does not make you a good guy.
Also, NOTHING will excuse what he did to Carta and Galileo. He could have persuaded them to join his side, but didn't because, as he confirmed, they threatened to soften him up and make him care about humans as individuals.

Guess I'll have to read up on facism sometime, cause I'll be honest, Maccyy's s2 persona completely went past me.
Apr 2, 2017 5:56 PM

Jan 2008
This anime went from being dramatic to becoming a tragedy really quickly. I knew the chance was always there, but i still didn't like it. This gundam series went from being one of my favorites, to my least interested.

Apr 2, 2017 6:02 PM
Jan 2017
Mika went full Mobile Armor in his last moments targeting where the most human targets were available that Whip Thing was the best add on ever and I am glad it was made a part of me!!!
Apr 2, 2017 6:22 PM

Mar 2014
Okada Mari being Okada Mari again. she has no clue on how to conclude a series.
Apr 2, 2017 6:30 PM
May 2015
ok i cried.

good finale even tho i didnt want it to end that way.

s2 was still trash compared to the first but regardless mikazuki is one of the best written characters i've ever seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 6:31 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
When antagonists win, people would automatically label it disappointing or bad hahahaha, this ain't kiddie show lol

It's refreshing to see antagonists win for once

8/10

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 2, 2017 6:32 PM
Jun 2016
I wish the epilogue had gone more in depth in certain areas. Like how specifically is Gjallarhorn more democratic? How does the new system work?

Based on the whole "Julietta is going to succeed Rustal", I can only assume the soldiers in Gjallahorn now get to vote for who they want the top leader to be? Makes being a war hero a lot more politically useful.
Apr 2, 2017 6:35 PM
Dec 2016
It's finally over. Thanks for the awesome 2 seasons. My Sunday will never be the same without Tekkadan anymore...
Apr 2, 2017 6:49 PM

May 2015
Rayrin said:
When antagonists win, people would automatically label it disappointing or bad hahahaha, this ain't kiddie show lol

8/10

I agree. I like mature shows without shonen cliches. Welcome to real life, kids, where being noble and a good person does not mean you'll make it or succeed. It was nice seeing a more realistic portrayal of how military confrontations end when one side is inferior.

Although, I would argue that this is a "happy ending" because their ideal was ultimately realized.
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦

Apr 2, 2017 7:20 PM

Jun 2008
if they were gonna end it this way why did they waste so much time this season on Takaki and Hush if they never amounted to anything more than forgettable side characters. They should have taken that time to instead properly develop Rustal's character more since he played such a large role in the end. We never really got to know more about him and his motivations
Apr 2, 2017 7:26 PM

Mar 2015
Excellent ending, although I had been thinking that Almiria might assassinate Rustal as revenge, but that didn't happen.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 2, 2017 7:32 PM

Sep 2009
To be fair, the conclusion was sound. I don't think a "happy ending" could've been achieved any other way.

That said, the writing is still shoddy. Despite the ending being the way it was so much important context is missing and the characters(especially the antagonists) were shallow enough that I felt blindsided by their actions in the end. The protagonists also kept throwing that Idiot Ball around like it was nothing in the final act. Horrendous.

Heck, Durandal from Destiny was an antagonist that, while I don't like his actions, I could see where he's coming from and could imagine an ending where he would've won and I would've believed it. And I think Destiny is crap.

And before I'm accused of being a "child" because I dislike endings where protags die and antagonists win, perish that thought immediately because 3 of my top 5 Hollywood movies and some TV series end that way.

IBO S2's writing still leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps if the rest of the series was formatted like the last 8 episodes, I would've been sold. I had felt like I wasted 20 hours/50 episodes watching something that concludes this way. Waste of time.

That said, I still give it a 6/10. Mech designs were cool, music was absolutely LIT, animation is great, and there were a lot of genuine moments in here where the series shone.

Final rating: I'd still buy an MG Barbatos Rex/10

Apr 2, 2017 7:33 PM

Feb 2012
I don't like how the story developed in season 2, but worth watching nonetheless.

Also, that final pose before the final battle.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
The last episode, everyone was expecting a sad ending but it was still a very sad & tough episode :(
At least Merribit got a decent life xD
Atra & Kudelia have a reason to live, but it would be even better if Kudelia also had a baby.

What a fight...i am speechless...
So much feels in one episode :( I was kinda disappointed because i always thought that there was a small chance for a happy ending :(
Can we have an OVA where they survive and go to the beach together? xD
Glad that Iok and that fatass got what they deserved!
I will miss everybody, hope you're having a great tome together ;) <3

R.I.P Tekkadan! You won't be forgotten.

Best pic <3

This pic...always makes me tear up :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 2, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2009

This is the best line Akihiro said in the whole show XD if anything he's the one that slayed the demon! that fucking immortal son of a bitch!

I gotta say though, this is the first anime in a very long time that went well until the end without screwing up, and concluded in the most perfect way!
It's been a long time since I gave something a 10/10 and I did it without a second thought, Iron-Blooded Orphans is a masterpiece!
Apr 2, 2017 7:59 PM
Apr 2009
One word for Gundam IBO: Satisfying.

always remember that tekkadan had NOTHING at all in this world. Child Slaves, Orphans, Humans Debris were replacable tools and that is about it. They fought for their cause and won it, no matter how you look at it.
Apr 2, 2017 8:19 PM
Jun 2015
I am satisfied by the ending, even if I prefer happy endings it is silly to expect every series to end on a happy note, and considering the whole tone of the show and circumnstances of the finale we should be glad that some members of Tekkadan managed to survive an go on with their lifes, also the great action and the death of Iok (by the hands of Akihiro, no less) made this episode really enjoyable.

Still, as some others have mentioned I would have liked it if they had taken more time to develop Rustal character, after watching him acting so ruthless, even villanous at times, it was weird watching him actively working to change things for the better.

In any case, I really liked this series, I hope the next Gundam series can keep it as entertaining as Iron-Blooded Orphans was.
ggus_123Apr 2, 2017 8:23 PM
Apr 2, 2017 8:20 PM

Dec 2016
Z4k said:
Rustal is a piece of trash. He got away with everything.

Just like these dirty ass politicians.
Apr 2, 2017 8:28 PM

Dec 2016
The ending left a bitter taste it was very unsatisfying and anticlimactic. I was hoping that when Rustal was in the hallway he would have got shot by Eugene or blown up. The way IOK died was not satisfying they could have at least shown the blood gushing out when he got crushed, pretty much the boys are dead. The only thing was decent was ride capping that fat cunt and seeing Mika's son. I hope they bring out a new series or an OVA
Gundam wings over this. Score 3/5 due to shitty ending
Apr 2, 2017 9:31 PM

Jan 2008
Me think that those who wish Kudelia had a baby as well think that that would serve as a confirmation that she too was able to win Mikazuki's heart and that she wasn't second to Atra. Well, there wasn't enough time for Mikazuki to do the deed with Kudelia what with all that was going on and also, I don't think he was interested enough to jump her the moment Atra proposed the idea. Mikazuki was never in love with Kudelia and you could also argue that he wasn't really in love with Atra but he felt something for her enough to become intimate with her. I guess both Atra and Kudelia ending up with Mikazuki's babies would confirm the harem ending that a lot of people were hoping for but I'm glad it didn't go that way.
Apr 2, 2017 10:30 PM

Sep 2011
Monukai said:
JizzyHitler said:
kill off the single most innocent character in the entire show who never fought dirty once, IOK fought dirty and underhandedly and died due to his stupid valor, julietta always fought fair and square and with honor even down to the final battle with mika using a careful head knowing when not to rush into things.

....................you did watch the part where she killed an unconscious Mikazuki, right?
she didnt even kill mika, he died of bloodloss not even from her attacks.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 2, 2017 10:37 PM
Mar 2013
is it just me or mika is the first gundam MC that have a child?
Apr 2, 2017 10:46 PM
Apr 2016
rheasilvia said:
thing is how did he have a baby when he died? Did atra and mikazuki make the baby before the final battle? Probably but mikazuki is as dense as a wall so how did he know what he was doing but hey it ended nice so not going to complain.
Apr 2, 2017 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
the ending was so sad. overall a great job was done when it included the economy/politic content within the war. besides that any dream/purpose from Orga was relegated due to the extreme circumstances..... it's somewhat ironic that biscuit was allways right.
maybe the timeskip was out of place, the series should have told us how was the transition to that point with another season, I mean even Kudelia's dream was somewhat accidental. yes, Kudelia's dream comes true but it was forced compared to Rustal who was more a polititian than a soldier.

I was DEMANDING a thrid season at the end of the "final" fight BUT repently it was showed a time skip that buried all hope

Mika/orga/Macgillis/tekkadan died for nothing when a guy named Rustal won and created a best world just because

we never saw Mikas's corpse
we need more info about arianhord history
we need to know more about mobile armors
cronosteso23Apr 2, 2017 10:51 PM
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 2, 2017 11:48 PM

Sep 2008
mixed feelings about this show...they realised their ideals at the end but...at what cost, orga, mika, akihiro, hash, shino, naze, lafter, omg, why!!

MIKA DIDNT DESERVED TO DIE LIKE THAT, sure, no one can 1v1 (no even 1 v 10,000) this guy? lets throw some fucking daislaves to him from fucking space (basically a fucking nuclear warhead for what it matters) , and even then he fought like a true man, following his best friends last order, truely admirable (akihiro too, but Mika was way more important) honestly tou, Mika should have at least killed Julietta at the end with her, even with a ruined barbatos, even if he died after it, at least it wouldn't had been as bad, it was clear that this was gong to a happy ending but, come one, let us savor Mika's last victory

at least we got akatsuki(red(blood) moon), quite fitting name IMO, and sexy grown up atra

I sure would've liked that kudelia could also get some sex... I mean a child with Mika

I felt rly happy abut that gunshot in the bathroom, but i think one last one to rustal would've let me with a good taste in my mouth after that

overall, I feel that this was a 10/10 almost all the ride, sure I think they fucked the end realy hard, but then again I don't a 9 would do it justice... 9.5 out of 10 for me, I sure hope the next gundam is as good as this one if not better (i mean... even if u hated this one.. the last one was G no reconguista....so not even worth comparing )
also... YEESSSSSSSSS IOK FINALLY DIED FUCK YEAH!!!! OMG SO DAMM GOOOOOD!!! DE YOU ANOYYING BITCH!!!

Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 3, 2017 12:01 AM
Nov 2014
What a mix of feelings through out the entire episode.
Well, at least on the first part of the series, some ups and downs.

With the UPs, I'm gonna mention, OH HELL YEAH the Iok finally died.
with Akihiro slowly squeezing the life juice out of him, while Iok's subordinate come in rushing to save him, I had a flash of idea that somehow Iok might be surviving (luckily he din't). While i do home that when the moment he being squeeeeeezed, during the last scene i will be a splash of red blood all over the screen (too much gore!), but all and all, NICE and it is SATISFYING A.F. !!!

the fight is awesome as usual.
those Rustal use of the illegal shit is cheating, but i guess that's what a 'good' tactician would do in order to cripple opposition's ace (Art of War).

what i wanna complaint is Julieta DO NOT (i repeat, DO NOT) deserve to take down Barbotos' head ! that scene is sad and heart breaking. As we always know Barbatos normally would come back stronger that before, but this time is not the case anymore.
though i would opt for full berserk and Mika only left a moving head, but i do hope for a more glorious death.

Second part is : meh ~
time lapse might be great, everyone is doing their job.
Rustal become a leader (without the 7stars blah2), Kudelia become... er grown up ? but what happend to the face thou ???

overall i'll give this episode a 8/10 for the first part alone, that Iok's death alone would worth 11/10 ~

Series wise, 7/10. started great. Until everyone u care start to die during the last few episode (well, dying is 1 thing, die in a way that they can't even fought for it is way way off for me ; Lafter T_____T )
Apr 3, 2017 12:06 AM

Jul 2012
My four favorite characters in this series were Mikazuki, Orga, Lafter, and Akihiro, so from that, you can already tell that I wasn't too satisfied with how everything played out.

I was really enjoying this show until all the deaths kept piling and piling on top of one another 😔
And worst of all? Most of the antagonist survived when they had no business. Well I guess at least Iok finally died in the end.

It really bothers me how someone that used such corrupt methods is now leading Gjallarhorn, but I guess I can still take some good things out of this ending.
Gjallarhorn is looking less corrupt, Mars is independent, Kudellia is realizing her dream by making everywhere a better place for everyone to live, and Akatsuki will live a good life away from fighting. He looks and acts just like his dad 😊

Overall, I really enjoyed the series. Just wished it took a different direction towards the ending.
Apr 3, 2017 12:21 AM

May 2015
We all were watching Mika's son room all this time (ending song)...

When Ioq said: "You need to die already." I was thinking "Why are you talking to yourself like that?"

It was grittier, scratch that... in the fact it was dirty and put the main cast against something so overwhelming and all they wanted was a place to call home and have peace whit everyone (it is sad because they already have that... when Mika realized that it was too little too late) because some scumbags had them pegged out as slaves (human debris). These last few episodes however really turned a great series into a disappointment. While the overall ending was written in a decent manner and it does tie up basically all the tales of the story(?), overall it fails to satisfy anything that was built up or developed through the show. I get the intent of the creators, with the saying "live by the sword, die by the sword"... but like I said the ending is not the problem here... they messed up the writing/build up to it (character development to some of the characters)...

On a side note:
Ride - Did he went forward (move on) as Orga ordered them (Tekkadan) or did he went backward (revenge [stuck in the past])...? What choice would you have made in his position?
Apr 3, 2017 12:52 AM

Apr 2008
Rustal logic #1: There is rebellion in our organisation to end corruption?
Daislaves that shit.
Rustal logic #2: There is a kid and a naked guy having a last stand on the ground against our entire force?
Daislaves that shit.

Daislaves is a dues ex machina that has been used to make things go "away". It completely ignores everything main characters had to sacrifice in order to get to this point, it's boring and anti-climatic.

The "enemy" never had to struggle, never had to "sacrifice" anything. Heck, that jester, Inok and Juliatte got this far pretty much on plot armor alone. It's just as bad as Ains in season 1, "OMG, a bunch of kids killed my commander who I had a raging man crush on, I will avenge you commander!".
At least Galio had a reason to be there and felt somewhat conflicted about it.

Rustal, the "bad" guy of this show, pretty much used every dirty trick in the book and got away with it.
Use of mercenaries to stage a conflict in foreign country? Check.
Allowed black mail of a "almost innocent" transport organisation? Check.
Avoided taking responsibility for his subordinates action that resulted in death of a perfectly innocent farm? Check.
Used forbidden weapon to massacre entire fleet? Check.
Manipulated media and vilified main cast to justify his existence? Check.
Made a deal with a shady weapon dealer? Check.
Used forbidden weapon against an outnumbered and desperate opponent? Check.

Just my 2 cents.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 3, 2017 1:01 AM

Jan 2013
Go Team Rustal!

- Peace out
Apr 3, 2017 1:17 AM

Feb 2008
I really wanna cuss right now but I will keep my sanity deep down. Really hated this ending, how the main cast got their dreams and objectives busted down because at the end, they lost three of the main pillars of his family. Ride killing Gordon at the end wasn't satisfying, I would have preferred him to kill the son of a bitch Rustal Elion because he got away with everything he planned, being the freaking antagonist of the show.

Things were already going the way of the antagonists when Lafter died, and how mister idealist blonde got totally blocked by believing in something that only got himself and Tekkadan in an useless fight.

Julieta, what a joke of a character. How the hell is she not dead, why is only Iok dead? She gets to celebrate in front of a deceased Mikazuki and shove it up in the future with Gaelio, whom should be dead too. I cannot stand Julieta's existence. She should have freaking died when Mikazuki fought against her in space, but instead she survives and gets to kill Shino and THE MAIN CHARACTER? Jesus christ, I hate Okada so much right now.

I really expected another ending, but at the end, my expectations meet reality. Very frustrated, but at the same time the closure it gave to the series was related to the title. I have seen very few Gundam shows with the main Gundam being a melee robot, and I have to say that I have loved every fighting scene with Barbatos and his melee weapons. That and the soundtrack are my highlights of the show.

Second season wasn't all that interesting, but the deaths were something that kept me watching, alongside the whole politics side of the show. But that ending...

I can't just give a 7 to a show with this ending. And I am pretty sure Okada will get another Gundam show to write. Disgusting

6/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Apr 3, 2017 1:33 AM

Oct 2009
Could've been one the best Gundam series in a while but..NOPE.

Honestly I was loving this season till after Lafter's death, since which everything started to go downhill. Kind of like how Game of Thrones went, killing people for the sake of it.
Especially episode 24 was disappointing, what a mess. I suppose it wrapped everything up as best as it could, but I think with maybe one or two more eps the writer could've done a much better job.

Was pretty sad when Barbatos got wrecked.
Thank you Akihiro for finally killing off Iok! Crushed to death! >:D

Was going for 10/10 till the last few episodes but final score is 7/10
AozureApr 3, 2017 1:36 AM
Apr 3, 2017 2:04 AM

Feb 2014
rheasilvia said:

Nope, AGE did it before.
Apr 3, 2017 2:42 AM
Jul 2015
Ambimunch said:
Rayrin said:

8/10

I agree. I like mature shows without shonen cliches. Welcome to real life, kids, where being noble and a good person does not mean you'll make it or succeed. It was nice seeing a more realistic portrayal of how military confrontations end when one side is inferior.

Although, I would argue that this is a "happy ending" because their ideal was ultimately realized.

I agree too
IBO is more realistic, pragmatic and we don't have this manichean scenario

The fourth last episode was pretty bad ( because they choose the ease for the story), but this ending is awesome really mature
Apr 3, 2017 2:49 AM
Mar 2013
HentaiGamer69 said:
rheasilvia said:
thing is how did he have a baby when he died? Did atra and mikazuki make the baby before the final battle? Probably but mikazuki is as dense as a wall so how did he know what he was doing but hey it ended nice so not going to complain.

what did you mean by how? remember one of early chapter in season 2 where mika and atra were talking about how atra want a child?
at that time atra explained how to make one and he replied that he will give atra a child... the next episode she meet kudelia and told her she is pregnant, then atra asked if kudelia want mika's child too

in fact I totally didn't expect that only atra was impregnated
Ictius said:
rheasilvia said:

Nope, AGE did it before.

ah right... totally forgot about this one
Apr 3, 2017 2:49 AM
Dec 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
starkipraggy said:

On top of that, the antagonists got more screentime than the protagonists, which really says something, and to really rub salt in the wound, the screentime did nothing to make the antagonists more sympathetic. Wasted potential.

There is Rustal who only did good for the whole universe after finishing the unpleasant business, without any actual gain for himself. There is Juliett who, apart from forming a pair with Gaelio, acknowledged that Tekkadan was not evil, buy tragically misguided and thrown into an endless survival on the battlefield. Anyone still alive by the time the Akatsuki kicks in, IS NOT EVIL. Not by common sense and human decency standards.

We aren't shown much, if any of this until this episode, which is the problem. The only hint of it is Julietta's constant "I want to get stronger"/"How do I become strong like them". Rustal is consistently shown kicking the dog (he was implicitly responsible for the Dort fiasco) and reviling in his deeds. Gaelio spent the entire season being "McGillis you bastard" and then "McGillis ur wrong now die and don't say anything that might make me like you again". And then you have Idiok using up precious screentime just to prove how much of an idiot and scum he is (the entire MA arc was extended by at least 1 ep just due to him dicking around).

EDIT: I just realised the true main character of S2 is Julietta. But she's still underdeveloped
starkipraggyApr 3, 2017 3:41 AM
Apr 3, 2017 4:58 AM

Nov 2013
I don't think Rustal is better than McGillis, also they have same purpose, to revolutionize the Gjalarhorn. I think both McGillis and Rustal are corrupted. Leadership and intelligent wise, Rustal might be better, but moral wise, he's equally evil as McGillis. The commotion on earth is Rustal's doing. He almost made two countries engage in war just to bring down McGillis. He also used illegal weapons, controlling mass media, etc. Meanwhile, McGillis killed his friends, launched a rebellion, etc. Both of them use dirty methods to achieve their goal.

In a way, I should applaud the writers that they dare to make this kind of plot and ending. That said, I don't like how things went out. Tekkadan is seen as some group that gets trapped in a war for power, joined the losing side, without being able to do anything. Cool Orga became coward, charismatic McGillis became insane, the characters are breaking down.

Rustal group's plot armor are incredibly strong. Iok didn't die from mobile armor or even Aniki's heroic suicide crash (eventhough he died later on). Gaelio who was not that strong in s1 became incredibly strong, even McGillis didn't manage to die together with him. Mikazuki didn't manage to kill Julietta after all that. Shino didn't manage to kill Rustal. Seriously their plot armors are too strong lol.

We see the protagonist sides dropping dead like flies, while the antagonist turned victorious while battling with dirty methods.

They build the 2nd half plot of s2 pretty well up to before the large battle between McGillis and Rustal's fleet. After Shino died, they just focused on escape without other purpose available.

Overall 8/10. Would've rate higher if Tekkadan turned the table, but unfortunately they didn't.
Apr 3, 2017 5:04 AM
Oct 2014
So many things were introduced and just left there. Seriously Bael gundam, Kudelia (Maiden of revolution), power of gundam that ended the calamity amounted to absolutely nothing. Seriously, OP banned weapon just killed everything, writers thought to keep Iok alive for no fricken reason except to get killed at the end.

I liked the fighting in this gundam series over all the previous ones because its not the protagonist shooting lazer at empty space and explosions everywhere where all the enemies are incredibly combustible.

I apologize this series had soooo much potential and they dropped the ball so damn hard.
Apr 3, 2017 5:17 AM

Jan 2014
As much as i've expected, Rustal Elion is our true Heroes, he planned all this, he want to minimize casualties as much as possible and make use of chochoman Fareed stupid and childish dream is a great ideal.

If I'm a girl I'd probably choose such a mature and smart/strong guy like Elion. Damn...he is so perfect and cool
Apr 3, 2017 5:22 AM

Sep 2016
rorimoe said:
As much as i've expected, Rustal Elion is our true Heroes, he planned all this, he want to minimize casualties as much as possible and make use of chochoman Fareed stupid and childish dream is a great ideal.

If I'm a girl I'd probably choose such a mature and smart/strong guy like Elion. Damn...he is so perfect and cool
nice try julietta MAL account
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 3, 2017 5:34 AM
Oct 2014
ZingFreelancer said:
Rustal logic #1: There is rebellion in our organisation to end corruption?
Daislaves that shit.
Rustal logic #2: There is a kid and a naked guy having a last stand on the ground against our entire force?
Daislaves that shit.

Daislaves is a dues ex machina that has been used to make things go "away". It completely ignores everything main characters had to sacrifice in order to get to this point, it's boring and anti-climatic.

The "enemy" never had to struggle, never had to "sacrifice" anything. Heck, that jester, Inok and Juliatte got this far pretty much on plot armor alone. It's just as bad as Ains in season 1, "OMG, a bunch of kids killed my commander who I had a raging man crush on, I will avenge you commander!".
At least Galio had a reason to be there and felt somewhat conflicted about it.

Rustal, the "bad" guy of this show, pretty much used every dirty trick in the book and got away with it.
Use of mercenaries to stage a conflict in foreign country? Check.
Allowed black mail of a "almost innocent" transport organisation? Check.
Avoided taking responsibility for his subordinates action that resulted in death of a perfectly innocent farm? Check.
Used forbidden weapon to massacre entire fleet? Check.
Manipulated media and vilified main cast to justify his existence? Check.
Made a deal with a shady weapon dealer? Check.
Used forbidden weapon against an outnumbered and desperate opponent? Check.

Just my 2 cents.

100% in agreement. Like what was the point of "trying" to develop the McGillis marriage, the point of piloting Angika Kaieru etc, Zack. Even the whole Olga's plan for his final place was stupid. Their dream was to get new id cards and work on earth with the guy that planted a saboteur that killed most of the earth forces and gets 90% of Tekkadan killed. Bravo great writing! I'm giving this series a 2/10 and I'm being generous nonsense they threw in there.
Apr 3, 2017 5:59 AM
Apr 2017
All gundam expect barbatos did'nt act so powerfull like in other gundam series 😐
Apr 3, 2017 6:23 AM
Oct 2010
i want to give this a solid 8.5/10
but the system wouldnt let me..

this is the best TV series Gundam i ever watched.
because i like the death in every scene . . .
to die in a cockpit is too mediocore.. old fashioned mecha anime style..
no shitty waifu here... no highschool hero shit...

the vilain is awesome... because they are SMART AND STUPID! just look at mcgillis...so badass in season 1 then retarded in season 2 .. awesome development right! that is fucking new! and hilarrious to watch..

and then.. the charachters... 50 episode! so many names and background stories.. i like it .. esspecially the relationship between tekkadan and teiwaz.. they are like father and brothers in arms.. with a lot of betrayal and tension around it..LOVE IT!

mecha design is SUPERB.. no wonder it win the best mecha design of 2016 on Newtype Anime Awards

hell i give this anime 9/10
because kudelia is such a MILF
Apr 3, 2017 7:01 AM
Dec 2014
Monukai said:
JizzyHitler said:
kill off the single most innocent character in the entire show who never fought dirty once, IOK fought dirty and underhandedly and died due to his stupid valor, julietta always fought fair and square and with honor even down to the final battle with mika using a careful head knowing when not to rush into things.

....................you did watch the part where she killed an unconscious Mikazuki, right?
that never happened, she went for the gundam's head, not for the cockpit

besides he was pretty much dead already
Apr 3, 2017 7:32 AM
Jan 2017
not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but i can honestly see a movie sequel to this occurring lol
akatsuki (mika's son) could become a pilot and his gundam would have mika's conscience like what happened with Galios gundam. also the villain could be some god like mobile armour since they weren't really explored imo
Apr 3, 2017 7:37 AM
Feb 2016
Z4k said:

Completely agree. Glad that fat f*ck got killed by Ride though. Why did he even have Orga assassinated?
Apr 3, 2017 7:53 AM
Oct 2014
Yorozuya4Ever said:
Z4k said:

Completely agree. Glad that fat f*ck got killed by Ride though. Why did he even have Orga assassinated?

Nobliss took it upon himself to assassinate Orga in an effort to appease Rustal, thus aligning himself with a more influential ally.
Apr 3, 2017 7:56 AM
Feb 2016
Psycho_Pass said:
Yorozuya4Ever said:

Nobliss took it upon himself to assassinate Orga in an effort to appease Rustal, thus aligning himself with a more influential ally.

Ah I see, what a d*ckhead. Like I said, glad he was murdered.

Emotional episode to say the least.
Apr 3, 2017 8:19 AM
May 2014
While I respect that alot of people seem to like this season, there really isn't a way to not make me think of it as the biggest disappointment in Gundam history (yes, more then DESTINY).

Anyway, I was actually surprised Nadi survived and got a happy end. I was convinced he would die.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2017

267 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.