Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 1, 2017 3:24 PM

Apr 2015
I finished Bake and am working through Nise, but I'm really curious/anxious to get to this part of the story. Will I be spoiling anything for later installments or ruining my experience if I decide to watch the Kizu movies after I'm done with Nise?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 1, 2017 3:43 PM

Aug 2016
Yes, you can. Kizu is actually the first story in chronological order, right before Bake. It won't spoil you anything.
Plus, you've already seen Bake, which is what I believe the best starting point for getting introduced to the world and characters as far as the anime adaptation goes, so you should be fine watching Kizu whenever you feel like it.

That being said, just finish Nise first please. Don't go jumping from arc to arc randomly. You'll only end up getting confused.

As for the rest; I always recommend going with the release order. That's how I watched it and that's how it became one of my favorite franchises ever.
Nov 10, 2017 5:51 PM

Oct 2010
If you'd just like to dive in, the anime Airing Order is a good choice, with the exception of Kizumonogatari which was supposed to be animated after Bake, but was delayed for a long time. The Kizumongatari movies should be watched either directly after Bakemonogatari (like the novels), or just before Koyomimonogatari.

(It should be noted that this is still slightly divisive as far as the community is concerned)

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/watch_order#wiki_-monogatari_.2F_bakemonogatari

I'm watching it after Bake, because it sounds like taking that path is more likely to irritate people :3 And I have no interest in gradually building up to it.
Nov 13, 2017 2:34 PM
Nov 2014
It doesn't really matter when you watch this. It doesn't spoil anything, just gives you a better understanding of the characters and their bonds.

I watched Kizumonogatari after Owarimonogatari 2 and loved it.
Nov 14, 2017 6:43 AM

Apr 2015
To help out future viewers, I watched Kizu after Nise with no issues.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 7, 2018 11:22 PM

Jan 2017
CatSoul said:
To help out future viewers, I watched Kizu after Nise with no issues.

I was also thinking of watching Kizu after Nise just like u. Coz i m very curious about the relationship betwn Koyomi and Shinobu. From what i have seen, they have some kind of love-hate relationship. I want to know more bout their pasts. So thanks for ur information !!!!!
Feb 8, 2018 12:08 AM

Aug 2017
Yes, whenever you want. It was great btw

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Feb 16, 2018 5:00 PM
Feb 2018
Oka. Im kinda New to this. So I'll. Just be honest. Im thinking of starting on this anime. But after Reading u guys. Im confusede. Bake ? Kizu nise? Whats that ? Cant i Just watch this ? Or Will that ruin some other anime for me ? 0.o fealing confusede.. New Guy asking? :)
DurknessthemightFeb 16, 2018 5:03 PM
Feb 27, 2018 7:17 AM
Dec 2017
Durknessthemight said:
Oka. Im kinda New to this. So I'll. Just be honest. Im thinking of starting on this anime. But after Reading u guys. Im confusede. Bake ? Kizu nise? Whats that ? Cant i Just watch this ? Or Will that ruin some other anime for me ? 0.o fealing confusede.. New Guy asking? :)

This is a movie part of the Monogatari series. It's a great show, but it's pretty weird. I would say watch the first season of Monogatari (Bake, Nise and Neko: Kuro) first if you want to enjoy this movie more. This is also the first of 3 movies
Mar 5, 2018 11:08 AM
Feb 2018
FelleBanan_ygsr said:
Durknessthemight said:

This is a movie part of the Monogatari series. It's a great show, but it's pretty weird. I would say watch the first season of Monogatari (Bake, Nise and Neko: Kuro) first if you want to enjoy this movie more. This is also the first of 3 movies
thank u. This helpd me a lot ur awsome :)
Mar 5, 2018 9:52 PM
Dec 2017
Durknessthemight said:
FelleBanan_ygsr said:

thank u. This helpd me a lot ur awsome :)

Thank you, I just told you what the I was told when I started watching XD.
Sep 18, 2020 7:41 PM
Jul 2019
I’m watching kizu right now and I started it after watching monogatari season 2. I was going to watch it in anime release order but I wasn’t really feeling hanamonogatari and wanted to watch a good one to get me back into the series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Djidji - Jan 29, 2016

224 by otakuanity »»
Mar 25, 2:57 PM

» Disregarding the fact that the internal monologues were omitted, how good of an adaptation do the people who have watched the movie think it is?

Mado_Mura - Jan 10, 2016

6 by KleptoKritikal »»
Mar 5, 7:00 AM

Poll: » What would you do if you have your limbs chopped off, laying in the ground and no one notices you?

TheRayquaza - Jan 22

16 by dicloflom »»
Jan 23, 8:55 PM

» Needs the gore tag

RaltsPokemon - Dec 15, 2023

5 by RaltsPokemon »»
Dec 18, 2023 10:40 AM

» Can I watch this? ( 1 2 )

Cheggeronis - Jul 12, 2023

53 by LordAtsukiYoru »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.