Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
May 30, 2020 8:09 AM
Sep 2018
just rewatched this episode and once again, although the beast titan is cool, I feel so much for Mike. rip rip rip rip rip
Jun 2, 2020 1:01 AM

Oct 2019
Damn that Beast titan was intimidating..

Sad to see Mike Go..RIP..:x

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 7, 2020 1:51 PM

Jul 2016
Holy fuck that was brutal HAHA NICE!
Jul 29, 2020 9:46 AM
Jul 2020
Dang this ep was dark but I hope Conny can pull through and be a good leader. I like him mainly cause his voice acting.
Jul 29, 2020 9:46 AM
Jul 2020
Dang this ep was dark but I hope Conny can pull through and be a good leader. I like him mainly cause his voice acting.
Jul 30, 2020 5:29 PM

Mar 2019
Rewatching 2nd season.
Damn, I thought Mike was badass but he's just another dumb character. And I HATE TO SAY, these titans look so dumb and annoying
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 30, 2020 5:29 PM

Mar 2019
Rewatching 2nd season.
Damn, I thought Mike was badass but he's just another dumb character. And I HATE TO SAY, these titans look so dumb and annoying

Aug 22, 2020 10:41 AM

Feb 2019
SASAGEYO! SASAGEYO!

This OP never gets boring.

Beast Titan damn, freaking scary monster.

RIP Mike, he was really cool. Looks like they make his death less cool, but he's still cool. lol
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 22, 2020 10:46 AM

Feb 2019
Alex_TheForest said:
Rewatching 2nd season.
Mike is a legit badass just because they did his death like that doesn't mean he's just another dumb character. In the face of death anyone would die like that. His death is just a means to show how brutal the world in this anime really is and to remind the viewers that.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 22, 2020 2:03 PM

Mar 2019
No not really. A lot of people would actually think before dying. Showing him as being like the 2nd best in survey corps and trying to be so cool every time, not smiling and things like that only to see him act like literally every single disposable character in this anime. No, his death is another simple death. AoT kills every character just to show how brutal it is... but you dont need to kill everyone just to do that. What's the point in developing him just to kill him later.

Oct 6, 2020 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
I gotta say, this made for a much better season start watching it back to back with the S1 finale. Last time I watched it I just remember being confused and not caring about most of the characters since it had been so many years since the first season. Immediately giving us a new threatening situation with some more mystery with titans being inside wall Rose feels like a pretty good way to pick up after the big climax with Annie.
Oct 11, 2020 7:33 AM

Jan 2019
DAAAAMN, Mike's death was brutal. I think the creepiest death yet, actually.

The Beast Titan is also creepy af. One thing is the brainless titans, but I can't imagine the terror Mike must've gone through when he discovered a titan that can think and talk like a human.

I hope nothing happens to Connie now that he wants to go to his hometown.
Oct 27, 2020 6:09 PM

Aug 2019
damn, really shows you anyone can die in this show at the drop of a dime
Nov 8, 2020 2:43 PM

Feb 2020
oh my good god that was kind of terrifying

a titan that can talk and is hairy and can order the other titans? insane, you literally cannot predict a single thing that will come up in this show

also loved hange in this ep what a badass
Nov 18, 2020 6:38 PM

Apr 2019
Well, here I thought we were only going to see the Wall Titan, but I guess not. And yooo the Beast Titan can talk?! It's one thing for him to be very lanky and covered in fur, but to be able to talk makes him seem more like a crypted. Still cool nonetheless.

What's not cool is Miche dying...
Nov 25, 2020 4:33 AM
Dec 2019
what a horrible way to go
Nov 25, 2020 2:48 PM
Jun 2020
not Miche :(((( what the fuck
Dec 5, 2020 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
Damn, that beast titan was really scary. I never imagined that a titan talking could be so freaking creepy.

Great season start.
Dec 6, 2020 3:03 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, there's a titan behind the wall, and it looks like the beast titan is dangerous
Dec 12, 2020 6:45 AM

May 2020
WHAT IT TALKED, and what is this

Poor Mike:( That's even more brutal than the death of Levi Squad:(
Dec 20, 2020 1:18 PM

Aug 2018
Very nice beggining of season 2, the new OP felt like some very patriotic anthem and the new ED sounds a little creepy
Dec 26, 2020 10:33 PM

Nov 2020
This episode was definitely satisfying, but i would expect a bit more after 3.5 years of waiting. Luckily i'm binge watching this show.

The episode itself was really good though. Loved how it threw us back to where season 1 left off.
Jan 4, 2021 7:36 PM
Feb 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Oh man it didn't disappoint, as expected. The OP was ok, not as good as the first OP of the first season

What the hell? The beast titan can talk?

I think sasageyo is better
Jan 4, 2021 7:38 PM
Feb 2018
Synadex said:
keragamming said:
what a great episode it exceeds all my expectations!!!!!!!! Though, the opening with those animals got me scratching my head, but Isayama is the one that wanted these new elements to be in season 2.
Lol just re-watched part of the op and I just saw the animal part too wth lmao xD Is this Titan park

Nope, all of those are beast titans
Jan 10, 2021 10:15 PM
Dec 2015
This was a really good first episode. I think that some of the strengths were the animations of the characters, like the way that Eren got up from the bed in particular. Something that I thought was weak was the animation of the horses. I know that the animation of animals, especially a lot of them, Shriobako taught me that, yes, thank you, but this was painful to look at. Between getting really invested in the show, I thought that looking at those horse scenes were comical. I also forgot how comical the titans were, because really, laughable. I wish I could say that I didn't laugh in this episode, but I did. I thought that Miche was being a badass when he decided to split up, but I think that his final moments were weak. I understand that he wanted to fight and that he was taken over by fear, but I think that the execution of his death still left more to be desired. For an episode that literally had a character say that you can't always rush in, you would thing that a character in a clear disadvantage wouldn't just rush in. And yelling to announce his intentions also just seemed incredibly unhelpful and slightly out of his character. Then again, he might have always been the yelly type and I just didn't remember from season one. Obviously, I know that they are going to have the recruits all unequipped to put them in a predicament, but I wonder how later on in the series they are going to explain that choice. I'm sure that there a lot of reason why the choice could to that could be explained, but there's also a chance they never tell us.

Jan 19, 2021 8:06 PM

Oct 2013
SASQUATCH IS TALKING

and that ending, fuck... so gruesome. Maybe it's on account of binging the whole thing in 2 sessions, but I didn't actually remember Miche from season 1 and I literally just watched it yesterday. I had to google him to remember he's the guy who sniffs shit. If I have a criticism to levy, it's primarily that the cast is so large and most of the characters so visually similar yet simultaneously rarely recurring that I feel, personally, too many of them get lost in the mix. It makes their inevitable deaths carry less weight for me.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 28, 2021 5:54 AM

Dec 2008
Mike didn't deserve this kind of disrespect...
This was the scariest and the most gut-wrenching death so far.
Feb 3, 2021 5:33 AM
Aug 2020
the OP is fireeeeee!!

and WTFFFFF I'm speechless! the titan beast CAN FUCKING TALK AND CONTROL OTHERS?????? I- AGHHHHHHH they started this season strong!!

the death of Miche was brutal gave me goosebumps he didn't deserve it :( rip
Feb 5, 2021 9:22 PM

Oct 2016
The only reason I commented here is because the ending theme is so disturbing. I've never skipped opening/ending theme in my anime watching history, and it's the first time I felt an urge to skip. Though somehow, I didn't skip.
Feb 25, 2021 10:35 PM

Aug 2020
So that's the OP all the TikTokers use. Despite that, I really like it.

Haha furry titan
Mar 9, 2021 2:13 PM

Jan 2020
Damn, shit just got real.. and it's only the 1st episode ;-;
Picked up right from the last episode :o
Gotta say that's a great OP // Disliked the ED though
Mar 31, 2021 3:48 AM
Dec 2020
I've heard about the Beast Titan before, but I didn't know he was such a clever titan and more important, that he can talk! Like he's definetly a titan-shifter human right? Just as the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan. Otherwise I can't explain the fact that he is a speaking titan.
Jul 9, 2021 10:40 PM

Jun 2020
Picking where the first season ended that wall titan sure is alarming and the "cult" might know about it, The OP is so good for the season

Seems titans have infiltrated wall rose and this is also an alarming state for them and they need to prepare for battle

But the most noticeable moment of this episode is that Beast Titan what the hell is that RIP Mike sad to see him die like that.
Jul 12, 2021 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
Damn. Miche getting eaten was pretty gruesome and sad. I've seen this episode before. But that scene still feels fresh even as I'm re-watching it.
Jul 12, 2021 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
Zadion said:
SASQUATCH IS TALKING

and that ending, fuck... so gruesome. Maybe it's on account of binging the whole thing in 2 sessions, but I didn't actually remember Miche from season 1 and I literally just watched it yesterday. I had to google him to remember he's the guy who sniffs shit. If I have a criticism to levy, it's primarily that the cast is so large and most of the characters so visually similar yet simultaneously rarely recurring that I feel, personally, too many of them get lost in the mix. It makes their inevitable deaths carry less weight for me.

I don't think they all look similar personally. But I do agree that Attack on Titan has a pretty large cast of characters. I guess the author didn't have enough time to expand on all of their backstories without it distracting from the flow of the story. But as a result, it does make their inevitable deaths carry less emotional weight. The only aspects they get remembered by in the end is their quirky behavior.
Aug 25, 2021 1:03 PM
Jun 2021
I like how this episode is just based on the beast titan
A bad anime what do you do. Ignore It.

What do you do on MAL when you see a bad anime. Drop it Obviously
Sep 26, 2021 7:33 AM
Jan 2021
Let's settle this which one did you liked more?
For me it's Guren no Yumiya cuz it gives me the energy
Oct 24, 2021 11:42 AM
Nov 2020
Man no matter how many times I see it, Mike's death is so disturbing
Oct 31, 2021 9:29 AM
Apr 2021
I like to think of this more of episode 26 than season 2. Nothing's changed, we still know nothing of the titans.
This means he knows stuff that the rest of humanity doesn't.
Why he is keeping this secret, I have no idea. 

FUCK! WALL ROSE HAS BEEN BREACHED!!! BUT BY WHO?

Damn, they came from the south, where Connie's village is.

That flashback with Carla telling her son to have some restraint is heartwarming. 
He really does have a duty to protect Mikasa, she is probably the only person 
left that cares for him as his mother did.

Armin, the bearer of bad news cuts the brewing scene between Mikasa and Eren short. 
It was so peaceful.

Miche is second best only to Levi, his death is so harsh and absurd. If only he called his horse 
away from the Beast titan.
Why did Yams give him such a lame death?

He was completely helpless yet the Beast Titan proceeded to kill him. FUCK THAT!
It pains me! This scene is top 6 worst deaths in the series in my opinion; gory, tragic, and pointless.
R.I.P Miche Zacharius. For some reason, watching his death the second time hits harder. One of the goriest ones.

"Only when a person stops fighting do they lose. As long as we continue to fight, we are not beaten!" -Miche Zacharius

I'd just like to point out that this season is probably my favorite. Love the OP!! Virgin Mary reference is nice. 
And the ED is great! Such an eerie sound with the alto voices.
cloudamorMay 9, 2023 8:41 PM
Nov 7, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2021
Great episode. As someone who didn't read the manga, the only thing I didn't like was that the beast titan can talk, because I greatly enjoy the sense of mystery and non-rationality that exudes from the "dumb" titans, so the more "refined" the titans get and the less I like it. I think it takes something away from the great atmosphere. But this is a very personal opinion, and the authors can't be faulted for going down this route. Super excited to see what's next!

EDIT: I'm sure a lot of other people already noticed it, but the beast titan looks a lot like the cover of an album from 1970. An album titled... "Gentle Giant". By Gentle Giant.

Black_T-shirtNov 7, 2021 6:15 AM
Dec 28, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2021
Poor Mike got eaten alive and torn apart. RIP

AoT is right on showing brutality right from first episode.

OP is a banger like everyone has been saying

Great episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 12, 2022 4:59 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, finally able to reach this, and, that outro, man, sasageyo, sasageyo, shinzou wo sasageyo. I've been hearing it for many years before. But just from this time i know its from this season op. What an achievement xd. I thought the two op from previous season were the best, but the op here already sounds much better even the intro feels generic at first impression. Hats down for the production committee at this point.

Back to the story, looks like a new stage has been opening, after the only clue they found, Annie, froze herself. Wall titan. Really? They used titan as a wall material? Its foundation? No wonder titan attacking them now, especially since all the seeds already spread around xd. Then new threat. One more casualty. Poor Miche swallowed his own word.

I may (may just be wrong) understand a little about the meaning of the op and ed visual, and the reason why the titan become more massive. There's two people there become a key, one maybe the target. Then two other looks like a surprise, and never thought its become to that way. Perhaps.

So, as always, ill let it slide over just now, and let this season tell it all with their own narratives. Lets see next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 14, 2022 6:13 AM

Dec 2020
whaaat the fuckkk. insanee opening episode, beast titan was creepy as shit. f for miche, wish we got to see more of that guy. too bad he didn't write things before his death like ilse lol

OP 3 WOOO!!! THEEE SASAGEYO SASAGEYO SHINZOU WO SASAGEYO !!! iconic

btw that nanaba person...😁😁yoo.. Hi
May 20, 2022 4:43 AM
Apr 2022
The animation is better than the first Season
Titans inside the walls!
Jul 5, 2022 2:31 PM
Apr 2019
Ok ok so this is what they meant when they said Attack on Titan was dark I get it now *phew* I'm just mentally bracing myself for this season. What an opening though (╥﹏╥)
Aug 16, 2022 5:14 PM

May 2022
Just watched s1, but I had a sudden realization after seeing one of the characters.
Possible titan spoiler theory.
Sep 28, 2022 8:24 PM
May 2016
Meet the Beast Titan!
Dec 5, 2022 8:26 AM
Aug 2022
haha monkey titan
Jan 24, 2023 1:17 PM
Jan 2023
Not the best, but very good for a first episode. Kinda fast tbh
Feb 20, 2023 12:10 AM
Feb 2023
amazing episode. Just like every other episode. Attack on titan is the GOAT OF ANIME
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.