Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2017 10:33 AM

Oct 2015
SHITTY MONKEY KILLED HIM

Wtf tho it felt like 2 minutes gosh I wanna binge watch it now
Apr 1, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAHH FINALLY,

The titans are still hilarious
loved it

though seeing that it is going to be 12 episodes makes me sad, but meh it's something after years of waiting

Apr 1, 2017 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
That was incredible!

One of the best first episodes I've seen in a while.
And one of the most painful deaths to watch!
Apr 1, 2017 10:44 AM

Dec 2015
Average I guess, don't think it lived up to the hype. Though that is probably what happens after you read the manga
Apr 1, 2017 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
Venator25 said:
sonnestark said:
awesome! the final part was the best actually, can't wait for the next episode.
i knew the anime will start adding a lot of eren/mikasa moments, -_-

That was copied right out of the manga. Don't worry though, if they keep following the manga it's not going to get very heavy handed. In fact Mikasa kinda fades away in the story going forward a little bit.

Apr 1, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2008
Antearion said:
Plus there is all those dead bodies in the middle of the street that nobody knows why.

The battlefield between Eren and Annie.
Apr 1, 2017 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
Good OP/ED just like the first half of the first season. Animation and art have improved, everything is good except for a few moments of bad CGI it still has that great creepy vibe to it.

Very legit shit.
Apr 1, 2017 10:46 AM

Aug 2015
first off, finally after 4 years of waiting, for most ppl anyway.
it's either you like it or you don't, but i liked it since i didnt expect much
Apr 1, 2017 10:50 AM

Apr 2016
Great episode and animated brutal death is more shocking than manga death. My little heart prefer the manga for this.

Hilarious though : the transition from horrible death to happy music in the ED, it couldn't be more unfitting.

Good luck to the administrators with all the future spoiling dumbasses, hope you won't have too much work but I have my doubts. Good that a warning has been put in the OP.
Apr 1, 2017 10:53 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, i did not expect this 1st episode was so great :o !!!
A Titan who talks, wtf?!?! Is he Eren´s dad?
My hype was low before watch it but now it´s growing for sure, what a great start !

Now it´s time to Boku no Hero Academia, what a saturday!!!

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Apr 1, 2017 10:53 AM

Jun 2016
Damn. That was awesome. Attack on Titan and Boku no Hero Academia will make my Saturday's even better!
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Apr 1, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2008
"Sasageyo!
Sasageyo!
Shinzou o Sasageyo!
"
Apr 1, 2017 10:54 AM
Dec 2009
Quickest 23min of my life.
Apr 1, 2017 10:56 AM

Dec 2016
Interesting music choices for the OP and ED....the visuals were brilliant though and I'm sure the songs will grow on me.

Incredible start to the new season! RIP Horse-chan! Great to see all the familiar faces animated again and I almost forgot how grotesque those titans are in motion. It's incredible how unnerving you can make something look by just making their body so disproportionate, especially in the case of the Beast Titan.

Really hyped for the rest of this season!

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.

Jul 2009
As a manga reader this episode was quite good, except by the fact that the CGI sucked.

I'm just going to wait and see if they will fuck this up like how they did with the first season.

Mar 2016
iamtheblackgoat said:
I cant say how jealous I am of the people who didnt touch the manga. Getting to experience the new season without knowing anything beforehand must be a thrill. This is where attack on titan gets better.
This arc made attack on titan one of my favourites(manga) and it gets even better later on. I just hope the anime won't disappoint.

I never read the manga, but i already knew the walls are made of titans. There is spoils everywhere !!!
But the rest (talking titan, this death) yhea, it´s great to not expecting what will happen!

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !

Nov 2012
Antearion said:
AOT is back and it hasn't missed a step!
Did they build the wall around the Titan or did that use parts to make it? Look like some shady shit is going on. On top of that Wall Rose is down as if shit couldn't get in worse. Plus there is all those dead bodies in the middle of the street that nobody knows why.

I'm pretty sure all those dead bodies are the people who died in the final battle of season 1, Eren and Annie really didn't care much about civilian safety. The thing is the Military Police (at least the low-ranking ones iirc) were kept in the dark about the details of the battle, that's why Hitch and Marlow are complaining.

4/5
Liked the new opening, not so much the ending (well, the animation at least, I might get to like that weird song). Some familiar motifs from the previous season OP in the new OP, Linked Horizon played it safe, although it felt a bit more suspenseful than bombastic, fits the theme of the season actually.

The episode hit all the beats that I was expecting. No surprises as a manga reader, but no disappointments either. The pacing was appropriate and it ended right where I thought it would. I think the beast titan's voice should've been distorted a little bit (the seiyuu was spot on though). Wit was thoughtful enough with those who skipped the compilation movies, not only they gave us a very little summary of the previous season but also that scene with Pastor Nick at the end of the second compilation movie, which was actually necessary in order to connect the seasons (I remember all the hate when they omitted it from the first season). I've read this arc twice but long ago so I might read it again as I really couldn't identify any changes from the manga.
Animation/direction wise, the trailers spoiled the best part of this episode ._. I really should've avoided them (not that the rest of the episode was bad though).
The only thing that threw me off a little bit was that 'rewind' scene/cut, the choice felt a little awkward/jarring for the tone of the series. It was kinda pointless f they were going to show the date in the next scene anyway. But still, this is just nitpicking.

Poor Mike, you will be missed. That scene was really well done.
The music was spot on as always, although I wasn't able to identify that many new OST songs.
Was that a white whale cameo from re:zero in the opening?? X'D

Now the weekly torture of waiting begins.
kchorrex2012Apr 1, 2017 11:33 AM
Apr 1, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2015
Great first ep once again, I really missed this godlike OST
Apr 1, 2017 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
Incredible start for this season. They didn't lost time and the story resumed directly.
The religious know about the wall, but can't say anything. It looks like all the whole is full of titans.

The second part with the attack was so epic, the animation and the OST are really great. And OMG this beast titan is amazing! He looked so smart, poor Mike.

I am looking forward to next week

OP was good, but too similar to the previous one. I liked the ending, it looks dramatic and seems to tell a story.
Apr 1, 2017 10:58 AM

Nov 2014
It's finally back!

That was intense. Loads of action with perfectly fitting art and music. Mike's screams sent shivers down my spine.
Hi there
Apr 1, 2017 11:01 AM

Sep 2016
Great episode, I wonder why there are titans in the wall.. I hope they tell us in next episode
Can't wait for next episode <3
Apr 1, 2017 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
Well the episode sure went pretty fast.

Pastor Nick sure has balls, even if his secretism is counterproductive. So, if that Titan is in the walls... does that means all the walls are supported by Titans?

Poor Mike, just when he was established as a badass and had some time to shine, he dies. And his death has to be one of the worst of the series.
I admit the Ape Titan was kinda cool. Considering he is able to talk, I guess he is (without having read the manga),

The new opening was alright. The scene when the Survey Cops fights against both the Colossal and the Armored Titans were very hype. I think though the part when King Kong and the dinosaurs starts to run looks very silly.
The ending was very creepy.

It was a nice way to start the Spring season, that's for sure.
Apr 1, 2017 11:03 AM

Dec 2015
IM SPEECHLESS!! THIS IS A MASTERPIECE!!
i'm glad they didn't change anything from the manga.
Apr 1, 2017 11:06 AM

Oct 2011
Perfect execution for the first episode. I got the chills while watching

Btw in the OP there's a hand holding a baby's hand - is this a reference that the spinoff manga series might be shown as well?
uzeeApr 1, 2017 11:11 AM

Apr 1, 2017 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
Man..... This is perfect...
It was worth the hype!!!
Apr 1, 2017 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
Waow, that was really interesting. I'm not a fanboy, but this episode is kinda turning me into one (「・ω・)「

Definitely excited to see more!
Apr 1, 2017 11:12 AM

Feb 2016
I really want to know what those animals have to do with the titans

Apr 1, 2017 11:13 AM

Feb 2015
A strong first episode! Hange-san is a FREAKING BADASS. Love her. The main thing was of course the giant speaking beast titan being seen for the first time. At first I thought it was that church gult guy or maybe someone completely unexpected like Eren's father, but after his talking thing I genuinely have no idea. It was nice that the supporting cast like Sasha and Connie are getting focus, but more of the main 3 would be much appreciated too. Also sad to see the guy with a sense of smell gone! I liked him :(

The OP was hype - not liking it quite as much as the first 2 yet but no doubt it'll grow on me. The ED however was just plain weird. Definitely not as good as the first 2. Such strange vocals and the song just didn't have a kind of flow to it. Maybe it'll grow on me?
Apr 1, 2017 11:19 AM

Aug 2016
Yasssss its finally happening!
It's so nice to see this animated, OST is great as usual and the first episode was exactly how I expected it to be, maybe even better! I can't wait for the rest of the season
As long as it keeps following the manga I'm sure season 2 will be awesome \o/
Apr 1, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2015
Both BnHA and AOT had their mild start but damn AoT's visual was great as usual and we already have the beast titan (VA: Kouichi Yamadera?). RIP in pepperoni Miche.

3/5
Apr 1, 2017 11:25 AM

Aug 2016
Okay, so finally season 2 is here. Even though I've spoiled myself with the manga, it's amazing to see how the animation is.
Loved the start, loved that season 2 was started right where season 1 ended, it's so much better than them skipping some times and then going back to explain what happened.

PO1SON said:

Mike's death by far is the saddest, savagest, scariest death I've seen.. seeing him scream was heartbreaking.

I have to agree with you, it was so terrible to watch such thing, especially because he decided to fight and got killed that way... after beating a few titans to protect the others. His dead kinda reminds me of Marco, such amazing and talented people, dying in the hands of those titans...

I don't like one bit of the beast titan, he is creepy and is an evil titan, you can tell just by watching what he did to Mike. However he is very smart and clearly very powerful...

Super excited about the next episode! Seems like we will see Sasha fighting!!
Apr 1, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
Man, Attack on Titan knows how to start with hype, already hooked from this episode, really curious to see more about this Titan.
Apr 1, 2017 11:29 AM
Jul 2014
Excellent first episode. Mike's death was even more disturbing in the anime than in the manga for me. Still wish it was 2 cour since I like the arc after this as well(don't really care what some manga readers say about it), but this arc in particular is probably my favorite so I'm very happy to see it finally get animated. I think they did leave out some of the dialogue between Hange and Pastor Nick, but apart from that it was very faithful. Production value was really good too, hopefully they can keep that up for all 12 episodes.
Apr 1, 2017 11:30 AM
Feb 2016
Brought me back the memories of the fist episode.
Apr 1, 2017 11:37 AM

May 2016
Man, I don't care what anyone says. ThatAnimeSnob itself can tear apart this episode all he wants and it won't matter. This episode was so HYPE that I'm going to suffer the whole week waiting for the next episode.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 1, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
I lost all my Hype for this anime...then I saw this episode and It brought me back into the Hype somehow lol
Sup...
Apr 1, 2017 11:41 AM

Nov 2011
The titans are as retarded as always. I dunno whether to hate it or laugh at it.

Apr 1, 2017 11:43 AM
Jan 2012
Am i getting this right that the 2nd season will only be 12 series long? And then another 4 years of waiting for a next one?
Apr 1, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
I am up-to-date with the manga, and I must say, I've always loved the anime adaptation. I've rewatched the first season multiple times. Everyone was disappointed with the 12 episode announcement for the 2nd season, and I'll admit, I was pretty disappointed, too. Four years and only 12 episodes to show for it?

But, damn. Episode one did not disappoint. It picked up right where the last season left off. Seeing the manga scenes come to life with such gorgeous animation was so exciting. Especially the scene where Mikasa was waiting at Eren's bedside.

5/5. Phenomenal animation. Great pacing so far. I am REALLY looking forward to watching this season.
Apr 1, 2017 11:44 AM

Nov 2015
Could someone please remind my of the landscape/map of Aot, I completely forgot it. So we had 3 walls right? I thought one was already breached in history. And Wall Rose is the 2nd layer? Thanks in advance!
Apr 1, 2017 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
@Illyricus You're right, this should be at the center of what will be animated. (I guess you already deduced who are the others)
Apr 1, 2017 11:46 AM

Oct 2011
Omg Mike death was sad and brutal at the same time. Omfg that beast titan
Apr 1, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2010
Not impressed by the OP/ED; OP sounded like an inferior rehash of the two previous OPs.

A bit of a slow transitional start, with no meaningful development except for the revelation that the beast titan speaks. And typically, Mike's brutal death thrown in at the end as a shock factor hook.

Hope the rest of the season is better.
Apr 1, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
So good! Beat titan was definitely intriguing and brutal. Those cult of the wall folks have some explaining to do. They may have given away too much info with that middle insert "card".
Apr 1, 2017 11:52 AM

Feb 2013
Titans in the walls, wtf!!
And that monkey one is talking and it doesn't seem to be a human transformed into one, this one was amazing!
RIP Mike.
And lol, that weird titan when he started to run did he have to do a back flip like that, it was great though.
Apr 1, 2017 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
I remember reading this scene with beast titan and mike on manga and i got chills when beast titan spoke and mike died and now even if i knew what was coming i still got chills...such a powerful scene
Apr 1, 2017 12:01 PM
Jan 2016
FINALLY THE WAIT IS OVER AFTER SO MANY YEARS ATTACK ON TITAN IS BACK FROM THE DEAD WITH A SEASON 2
One word : PHENOMENAL
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW
THE ENTIRE SCENE OF THE BEAST TITAN AND THAT DEATH SCENE WERE FANTASTIC
WELL DONE WIT STUDIO REALLY WORTH THE WAIT
When I watched the first episode i got all the feels from season 1 and I was so hyped and I am until now for the entire of the season
IN LOVE WITH THE OPENING but I didn't like the ending as much I loved the opening
Feels good to hear the soundtrack of attack on titan Attack on titan has one of the most beautiful soundtrack I have ever heard in an anime as expected from Hiroyuki Sawano
SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR THE SECOND EPISODE
NEXT WEEK PLEASE HURRY UP
Apr 1, 2017 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
not really feeling the op song
Apr 1, 2017 12:04 PM
Oct 2015
this was fucking amazing, I don't care if people call me a fanboy
the animation, adaptation, and ost were on point in this episode
Apr 1, 2017 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
Strong start as I expected. Besides the CGI horses, everything was good and especially the scenes with the Beast Titan.

Not really impressed by the OP/ED though.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.