Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2017 12:09 PM
Jan 2017
I don't remember much about how this arc began in the manga but I remember it being different, so anyone who does remember, how faithful is it?
I like the additional scene with Eren and Mikasa but something about the direction in this episode felt off. I read somewhere someone new directed this and Araki didn't have as much input, and if that's true, then it makes sense. It doesn't capture the scale of the terror that well when the titans appear, especially during the Beast Titan's appearance and the music playing during Mike's battle didn't feel right. The OP was pretty disappointing sound-wise, but it has some cool visuals (what's up with the animals though) and the ED has some nice foreshadowing and it sounds kind of creepy but I still like both the EDs from the first season way more.
Some weird directing techniques though, not a fan of the whole rewind thing they did and they did this weird rapid cut thing while Mike was getting eaten that was similar to Eren's dream at the beginning of the first season. Didn't really like that either.
The visual quality of the show seems to have increased, there's less drawing errors this time around than there were in the first season and the thick outlines are toned back a bit.
Disappointing in some aspects, great in others. The first season was better than the manga so let's hope this one continues that trend.
Apr 1, 2017 12:11 PM
Jan 2017
HyperL said:
Man, I don't care what anyone says. ThatAnimeSnob itself can tear apart this episode all he wants and it won't matter. This episode was so HYPE that I'm going to suffer the whole week waiting for the next episode.

TAS is just a troll though, like the currently top review of this season on MAL. He's trying to make you angry.
kaantonApr 1, 2017 12:32 PM
Apr 1, 2017 12:14 PM

May 2015
Salystoar said:
Am i getting this right that the 2nd season will only be 12 series long? And then another 4 years of waiting for a next one?
Yeah it will be 12 episodes but I can't see us waiting 4 years again xD Season 2 will adapt about 16 chapters, catching up to chapter 50. The manga is currently on chapter 91 so I'd be very surprised if they didn't release season 3 within the next year or two.
Apr 1, 2017 12:15 PM

Oct 2016
i have waited 1 year and a half for this season(must have waited 4 yearss for this) and i feel like it was worth waiting for this season.
The episode was really awesome, specially the end of the episode was epic.
RIP Mike
Apr 1, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
I don't like the opening - music is bad.
Hanji was badass. She is great <3 I like her dialogue with Nick. And Park Romi did a great work voicing her character.

I will miss Mike. I love his character so much. His death was so realistic - i remember that moment in manga and now i see it in action . Rest in Peace
removed-userApr 1, 2017 12:23 PM
Apr 1, 2017 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
Great start, no time wasted.
I really loved it when that beast titan started talking.

My own theory is that this Titan is the original one and from him they started to produce the other minions. Also i think he has no human inside him.
It will be interesting to see if my theory will be proven right or wrong.

Also lol at that second to Levi, as i care lol, he played his role good by being the first victim.

About OP or ED as always i didn't care about them. Not my type.

Overall very good start, this show needs to be 1 hour each episode.
Apr 1, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
It's happening! It's not a lie.
It gotta be Linked Horizon to sing the opening. Epic as always.
Wow, that titan was actually inside the wall? I thought a piece was broken and he was on the other side. Just what the hell is going on?
I couldn't see that man murdered. It was brutal. It makes me question why I wanted a second season.
Quality over the top. Too bad there will be 12 episodes only but I hope they continue without hiatus.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 1, 2017 12:24 PM

Feb 2009
Even though i'm disappointed with the news of this season beeing only one cour, after watching this episode I quickly moved on and enjoyed this episode since it's been four long years and I haven't read the manga and avoided all possible spoilers, can't wait for more.
Apr 1, 2017 12:32 PM
Feb 2017
This episode was just....Wow.
Apr 1, 2017 12:32 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
You know, I was really excited when AoT was announced for a second season but beyond that announcement, I was never really hyped for it like others were. After watching this episode of Season 2 though, the hype is truly real.

It reminded me how awesome this series is. I liked how Wit wasted no time on recap scenes and instantly picks up after season 1 ended. The mystery with the titans being in the walls is pretty cool and those action scenes were damn top tier as expected. The action most likely will be even better given that this is only a one cour season.

Given I haven't read beyond where the manga ends and I'm not gonna pick it up anytime soon, I'm excited to see where the story goes from here. Instantly in my top picks for the season so far.
Apr 1, 2017 12:33 PM

Jul 2015
Just speculation but judging from the first couple seconds and the ED. But it looks like they're cover a lot of the manga
Apr 1, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2017
Even though I read the manga, Mike's death shocked me to my core. I wasn't expecting them to animate it so brutally, but then again I should've known they would, so that's on me. I sat in front of my computer for at least a minute with my hands over my mouth. Poor Mike!!!

It's weird seeing the Beast Titan animated; for some reason I wasn't expecting him to walk like that, even though now that I think about it he's very disproportionate.

After three years of waiting - for me - I am so glad to see this show return!!! The twelve episodes isn't even a bummer. If they animate from now on by arcs, we'd have a lot of content to look forward to over the next couple of years.
Apr 1, 2017 12:39 PM

Feb 2016
It was good. Animation on point and pretty hype. Went faster than I expected.

Music was also on point. I am excited what is going to happen this season.
Apr 1, 2017 12:41 PM

Oct 2015
I can't believe it's actually here! Waited 3 years for this. And yes, only 3 because I watched it in 2014. Stayed away from the manga because I knew a 2nd season was happening; would want to have the same experience I had with season 1—going in without knowing a thing—and I'm not regretting that decision now. It's fun trying to figure out stuffs on your own. Anyway... listened to the OP over and over again and it has grown on me. Nothing beats Guren no Yumiya still; it's on my top anime OPs of all-time. I also prefer Jiyuu no Tsubasa over the new one. Not that it's bad! Just that the first two were insanely good that they set the bar high. I love the ED tho! My favorite out of all its 3 EDs from both S1 and S2. I just love how creepy it looks, lol. And based on some comments it's too spoilery? Lol wow, I'm trying to put things together now.

As for the episode itself. Did not disappoint. It's just as I remember from the first season that it felt it's really just a continuation and there's no 4-year-hiatus. It had the same suspenseful vibe, the amazing OST and crisp animation (minus the CGI horses because I swear S1 didn't have that many CGI stuffs lol), and the right pacing this episode called for—that small recap, slow start, then the build-up to the much-anticipated action scenes, and lastly the epic finish. Mannnn. That Beast Titan was scaryyyy as hell. I would have pissed my pants. Poor horse :( And the more unfortunate Mike <////3 I liked him! He's nice. His death was really horrifying and gruesome. I didn't want to hear it because it's crushing my heart. So cruel T__T But at the same time, I also wanted too because the good execution of deaths in AoT was one of the reasons why I loved this anime so much.

Was sad when I found out it's only going to have 12 episodes. I hope they do a 3rd season. Overall, a great episode that marked the return of the series. AoT is my top anime of all-time and I know there are better animes out there but this one's really my genre and I worried so much before that it might fail, but thank you WIT for giving us a quality episode. Hopefully they stay consistent.

5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2017 12:42 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeah, i was glad seeing it back but now that i've watched the first episode, im definitly hype again.

RIP in pepperoni Miche.

The ED sure has a creepy vibe with its song and visuals.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 1, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2015
Good episode, love it. The end was kinda frustrating, Miche is a fucking asshole hypocrite, he gave up completely after saying those heroic words to his underling, but he got what he deserved so I forgive him leel.
Nice to see those running Titans again lmfao
Apr 1, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
A Titan that can talk... I swear if this show doesn't explain its shit then I'll be disappointed (more than I already was).

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Apr 1, 2017 12:46 PM

Nov 2015
Dude... Mike's death really hit me... Ughhh!

Poor guy... WHY!? Tch... I knew it would happen the second he was bitten by that giant eyes titan. He was already done for. Still, his death was gruesome and full of pain and fear.
Apr 1, 2017 12:49 PM
Aug 2015
How old are Reiner and Bertolt supposed to be? Reiner looks like in his early-mid 30s.
Apr 1, 2017 12:50 PM

May 2015
EP 1 looks exactly the same like in the manga!! I'm glad!

BUT it has been TOO long so it didn't gave me the feels when Mike died. When I read the manga I cried a bit when he died, I thought when I watch the anime I'm going to cry even harder but I don't, maybe because it's been too long that made me forgot about the character so it didn't gave me the feels.

Oh God I hope I will cry harder later when I watch the anime cause the last chapters I cried A LOT so I was hoping they'll make the anime better than the manga, tho I think the scene I am waiting is going to be in season 3 lol...
KurooTetsuApr 1, 2017 12:54 PM
Apr 1, 2017 12:51 PM

May 2015
Zelev said:
A Titan that can talk... I swear if this show doesn't explain its shit then I'll be disappointed (more than I already was).

Don't worry they will explain why he can talk lol
Apr 1, 2017 12:52 PM

May 2015
azy1999 said:
Good episode, love it. The end was kinda frustrating, Miche is a fucking asshole hypocrite, he gave up completely after saying those heroic words to his underling, but he got what he deserved so I forgive him leel.

How come he's hypocrite? He lost his maneuver gear he cannot do anything :/
Apr 1, 2017 12:53 PM
Feb 2017
All I can say is THE BEAST TITAN TERRIFIED ME
Apr 1, 2017 12:56 PM
Sep 2014
Wow epic episode, I had goosebumps, boss titan really cool, Can't believe one guy already scored the series a 1 in a review, I hope boss titan sqaushes him. Fuck the haters.And all that

Didn't like the songs too much, but the episode itself was classic SNK as expected,
Apr 1, 2017 1:00 PM

Jan 2017
When you try to feel the intense, dramatic situations and then you see the titans.......
Apr 1, 2017 1:01 PM

May 2016
azy1999 said:

What are you talking about? His legs were destroyed, and his gear was stolen by the Beast Titan. Not to mention he was completely shocked and terrified, especially after seeing a Titan talk. He did everything he could after saving everyone else by being bait and killing several titans. If anything, his last moments are nothing but realistic.
Apr 1, 2017 1:03 PM

Feb 2008
Great way to kick off the second season!

May 2016
Nice episode loved but that poor guy was terrified, I have a theory I think that abnormal Titan who can speak is Eren's father.

Jan 2009
RIP Miche/Mike you got some brutal and hopeless death there

the Beast Titan looks sick
Nov 2013
Fuck, that was such an intense way start one of the most hyped up second season in quite some time. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Reminds me of when the first season first aired. So happy to have this series back, especially since it was the one that got me into watching new anime series every season!
Apr 1, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
I do not read the manga, so I have been waiting 4 years since season one ended to continue this series. Even though I was not the biggest fan when it originally aired as a lot of people hyped it so much and calling it the best anime ever. (each to their own I guess) And being around YouTube you could get spoiled when the latest episode aired so it was rather annoying watching it back then.

This does not mean that I despise the series, yes I do have some issues but over all I enjoyed watching it.
We have all been waiting patiently for season 2 to finally air and I was pleased to hear when it got confirmed that it would air this season. I was ready for it to launch on Crunchyroll and went in after that 4 year cliffhanger from season 1.

Did I enjoy it? Yes I did, I think the pacing of the episode was done well. Enjoyed hearing the ost again, not sure if there were any new songs but that music got me excited during the scenes.

Animation overall was good, nothing to complain about. Everything seemed to work especially the action scenes as well with the cgi didn't stand out like a sore thumb like in some anime.

One of the best things of new anime season is to hear/watch the new OP and I think everyone wanted to see what Wit Studio would deliver for this OP and I think it great. Nothing will beat the first OP from the series some people may say. It's good to have the same band back at it again with the song and even though you could see what coming up by watching the OP, I don't feel it spoiled anything for non manga readers which is always good.

The ending cliffhanger was good but didn't make me want it now, but I can't wait to see what the rest of the series will have in store.
Apr 1, 2017 1:10 PM

Jul 2009
This was AMAZING!
The new opening rocks and I am really hyped for this show again! And the pacing was great since they adapted 2 chapters and they are like 2.5 as long as regular ones. This is blazing fast!
Apr 1, 2017 1:11 PM

Jul 2015
That end credits has so much foreshadowing IDK why they would put it this season
Sup...
Apr 1, 2017 1:12 PM

Jun 2008
Well the second season started of with a bang with a brutal death. In true Attack on Titan style.

Also, my theory is that hairy talking giant is Eren's dad.
Apr 1, 2017 1:13 PM

Oct 2013
Lol remembering where everything left off is a pain.
Apr 1, 2017 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
socorro que já saiu, tenho que verrrr
o(≧o≦)o Kimi o miteru to itsu mo HAATO DOKI DOKI
。。 Yureru omoi wa MASHUMARO mitai ni fuwa fuwa (✪㉨✪)
リラックマ☆コリラックマ
Apr 1, 2017 1:22 PM

May 2016
we're back with some good snk action!

Apr 1, 2017 1:26 PM

Jun 2013
finally the wait is over!! the OP is not that great but the ED is kinda interesting
so we havetitan that's covered in furr ok this shit is gonna be epic
Apr 1, 2017 1:27 PM
Jan 2012
Waited so long for the 2nd season.

Really loved the content of the first episode. More questions that need to be answered regarding the wall and titans. When it was thought that they didn't know anything about the titans, it turns out that someone or some group does know something but isn't revealing what they know.

The opening song was pretty cool too. At the beginning of the song, the tune sounded like the very first opening song in season 1 though, so I was almost disappointed. Not because the song in season 1 wasn't good (that song rocked), but because I wanted another addition to the cool songs they had already.

Apr 1, 2017 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
What a dissapointment.

I was bored the entire episode and didn't think it was very good.
Apr 1, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
Can't get tired of that ending.
Apr 1, 2017 1:38 PM

Mar 2017
At first great opening!!! Sounds Similar to guren no yumiya but I like it lots!

Poor Mike, his death was by far the most horrible and violent one...
AND THAT POOR HORSE OMG

I didn't expect to see beast Titan so early...

So excited to watch more. It's a shame that season 2 will only have 12 episodes though..

my proud card collection here

in love with a ghost - flowers feat. nori ♪

Apr 1, 2017 1:40 PM

Mar 2008
rryohei said:
great ep. anyway, is this koyasu takehito's voice for the beast titan or not?

It is. But they definitely added some effects to his voice. I thought he wasn't as recognizable as he usually is.
Apr 1, 2017 1:43 PM
Nov 2010
SenpaiJay98 said:
That end credits has so much foreshadowing IDK why they would put it this season

Not sure what the foreshadowing is (anime-only watcher, don't spoil), but the credits indicate that author of the manga (Isayama Hajime) did the storyboard for the ED...
Apr 1, 2017 1:46 PM
Jun 2016
Many things to be talked about.
1.Opening and the glowing hearts symbolism
2. Creepy ass ending's symbolism
3. The way the episode ended
Apr 1, 2017 1:47 PM

Jun 2013
It's about time they realized no one needs an arch with 5 episodes beginning with a Goddamn recap. They just flashed right through it within a couple of seconds. Actual spoilers if you haven't just seen season 2 but with questions and not purposely exploiting the show.
Apr 1, 2017 1:48 PM

Nov 2015
Vinyet said:
azy1999 said:

What are you talking about? His legs were destroyed, and his gear was stolen by the Beast Titan. Not to mention he was completely shocked and terrified, especially after seeing a Titan talk. He did everything he could after saving everyone else by being bait and killing several titans. If anything, his last moments are nothing but realistic.

Maybe you're right, I thought the same thing at first. But in the end, he remembered what he said about battles and how we must fight until the end, and then tried but failed cuz his legs were broken so he was attacked by the titans. And here comes the scene that I didn't like, the moment he started crying and wanting to save his skin forgetting all his principles. That's what made me angry. It's just my own opinion based on my own feelings, I'm just writing what I felt while watching the episode, so don't take it too seriously. No logic here lol
Apr 1, 2017 1:53 PM

May 2016
RainbowIslands said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Not sure what the foreshadowing is (anime-only watcher, don't spoil), but the credits indicate that author of the manga (Isayama Hajime) did the storyboard for the ED...

The ending is all stuff from the latest manga chapters, BUT it doesn't really spoil anything for anime-onlys. It's basically so advanced in the story that it's impossible for anyone who hasn't read the manga to be spoiled. Hell, I'm a manga reader and I'm still a bit confused about it. So no spoilers there, just a nod to manga readers.
Apr 1, 2017 1:53 PM

Dec 2016
Great first episode. The OP isn't as catchy at the first two but it's still pretty good, but the ED isn't anything special but MAN does it show a lot (I'm a manga reader).

One thing that irks me is that they put the chapter 50 flashback in the first episode. It goes with the chapter and is relevant but it felt out of place in this episode. Oh well.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”

-Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece
Apr 1, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2015
Holy shit what an episode. Loved Hanji near the beginning, and the opening visuals. The ending was just great-poor Mike tho, I quite liked him.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.