Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2017 1:42 PM

Jun 2011
1. Why does Asuka get sad when she's around Kaji, like for instance, in episode 17 and episode 18 when she said I want to be happy. Why was she sad?

2. Why doesn't anyone do anything about Asuka's mean behaviors like give her punishments or reprimand her or something? Why can't they tell on someone about it? Why don't they put her in the office or something? Why doesn't anyone punish Hikari or Misato, people like that also for their bratty behaviors?

3. Why is Hikari so submissive around Asuka?

4. Why is Shinji friends with some pervert like Toji and some geek like Kensuke?

5. Why is Asuka such a senseless brat?

6. Why doesn't anyone take these kids to therapy?

7. Why is Shinji so passive?

8. Why were there girls undressing in the same room in episode 9?

9. Why did Misato say you are too young to understand a girl's heart?

10. Why does Asuka run away to places by herself without telling anybody, like the store or Hikari's?

11. Why did Asuka say to Hikari let's have lunch when she had them out for Toji?

12. Why doesn't Asuka and Hikari play in the park? Why don't they play at all?

13. Why does Asuka lie like she lied about who the fourth child is!

14. Why did Misato lie when she said she wasn't jealous of Kaji and Ristuko? Why is that brat always jealous of them anyway?

15. Why did Asuka say don't look up my dress or I will kill you when they were crawling through the vents in episode 11?

16. Why is Asuka so mean to Toji and Kensuke? Why did she say if you peep I will kill you?

17. Why does Asuka always take the leadership?

18. Why is Asuka jealous of people?
Angry_Anime_NerdApr 3, 2017 11:36 AM
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Mar 31, 2017 1:58 PM

May 2015
pinkarray said:
1. Why does Asuka get sad when she's around Kaji, like for instance, in episode 17 and episode 18 when she said I want to be happy. Why was she sad?

2. Why doesn't anyone do anything about Asuka's mean behaviors like give her punishments or reprimand her or something? Why can't they tell on someone about it? Why don't they put her in the office or something?

Uhh what lol? You don't see the absurdity of putting humanities best hope on "punishment" for not being nice? Whatever "punishment" means.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Mar 31, 2017 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
ashfrliebert said:
pinkarray said:

2. Why doesn't anyone do anything about Asuka's mean behaviors like give her punishments or reprimand her or something? Why can't they tell on someone about it? Why don't they put her in the office or something?

Uhh what lol? You don't see the absurdity of putting humanities best hope on "punishment" for not being nice? Whatever "punishment" means.

I don't care if she's humanity's best hope. She still needs discipline to improve her behaviors. Like really, can't someone throw a book at her or put her in her room or something?
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Mar 31, 2017 2:16 PM

Dec 2015
pinkarray said:
can't someone throw a book at her or put her in her room or something?

An angel and then the NERV eventually did that for you, so you can't complain. ;)

3. This is a classic friends dynamic with one more outgoing and the other more reserved. Plus she's the class rep, she must be a model.

4. Because of circumstances, did you see him actively seeking friendships or even human contact?

5. See the episode where she receives "divine" punishment.

6. The director of the NERV/the show did. See the last controversial episodes.

7. That's how he is.

8. Sorry, I need a screenshot to remember this situation. ^^"

9. Why did Misato say you are too young to understand a girl's heart? Again, more context please. (I migth have watched it a lot, but I don't remember this line in particular)

10. Impulsive teenager behaviour. We all have already seen that in many, many teenagers fictions.

11. To comfort her. (not sure, blurry souvenir)

12. ...

13. Wh-what?!
Mar 31, 2017 2:17 PM

Apr 2016
You again ? with your "I hate Asuka" "I hate Evangelion" "I hate everything and everyone" threads...

I admire your determination, this is some serious sihitpost skill you got there.
SwagernatorMar 31, 2017 2:20 PM
Mar 31, 2017 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
Rei366 said:
pinkarray said:
can't someone throw a book at her or put her in her room or something?

10. Impulsive teenager behaviour. We all have already seen that in many, many teenagers fictions.

But that is no excuse to show something like that! This is why I hate mean teenagers like that!!!

When Shinji asked where Asuka went to when she left the house early, Misato said "You are too young to understand a young lady's heart." in episode 18. And then Asuka came to school late.

And I play the peacemaker role with my friends, I don't let them have their say when they're being mean! I have seen some teenagers being aggressive and I would try to settle the issue and tell them to stop the fight.

And I know teenage girls that never have misbehaved the way Asuka did unless they see something they perceive as injustice, but they usually are calm and happy. When teens are with their friends, going out, it may be okay. At 16, I have actually when it was getting dark before but it was by accident. My mom called me up and said get back home and then I did. Asuka is just plain disobediant!
Angry_Anime_NerdMar 31, 2017 2:28 PM

Mar 31, 2017 8:16 PM

May 2015
pinkarray said:

I don't care if she's humanity's best hope. She still needs discipline to improve her behaviors. Like really, can't someone throw a book at her or put her in her room or something?

Sounds like Arael.
Mar 31, 2017 8:27 PM
Oct 2012
pinkarray said:

Because she has abandonment issues, and she knows that eventually Kaji will abandon her?

pinkarray said:
2. Why doesn't anyone do anything about Asuka's mean behaviors like give her punishments or reprimand her or something? Why can't they tell on someone about it? Why don't they put her in the office or something? Why doesn't anyone punish Hikari or Misato, people like that also for their bratty behaviors?

Because they need her. It's why people put up with successful salespeople's obnoxious behavior.

pinkarray said:
3. Why is Hikari so submissive around Asuka?

Because Asuka is smart, attractive, everything that Hikari wants to be.

pinkarray said:
4. Why is Shinji friends with some pervert like Toji and some geek like Kensuke?

Because Shinji is happy to have ANYONE be his friend. Similar to Asuka he has abandonment issues. You do realize that this is like the single most important thing about the series?

pinkarray said:
5. Why is Asuka such a senseless brat?

Because she is making a bluster about being "strong", when actually she is afraid?

pinkarray said:

Because they need their disorder to survive.

pinkarray said:
7. Why is Shinji so passive?

Same as 4.

pinkarray said:
8. Why were there girls undressing in the same room in episode 9?

Why not?

pinkarray said:
9. Why did Misato say you are too young to understand a girl's heart?

Because young people are notoriously self centered.

pinkarray said:
10. Why does Asuka run away to places by herself without telling anybody, like the store or Hikari's?

Because she is afraid to become close to people.

pinkarray said:
11. Why did Asuka say to Hikari let's have lunch when she had them out for Toji?

Because Asuka is trying to appear strong and competent to the one person she feels she can trust.

pinkarray said:
12. Why doesn't Asuka and Hikari play in the park? Why don't they play at all?

Because the world is screwed up, it sends psychological children out to battle.

pinkarray said:
13. Why does Asuka lie like she lied about who the fourth child is!

Both because she doesn't want to accept it, and because she wants to appear strong and competent.

pinkarray said:
14. Why did Misato lie when she said she wasn't jealous of Kaji and Ristuko? Why is that brat always jealous of them anyway?

Because Misato is just like Asuka, only a bit older.

All these questions have been answered in the series. Perhaps you should pay more attention when you watch something?
Apr 1, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
@takuan_soho

What do you mean why not? Why should girls undress in the same room all at once? Stop fanboying over it, that's inappropriate.

Are you saying all young people are self-centered? Because they're not and Shinji is around the same age as Asuka, just more selfless.

They can still have therapy without removing their disabilities.

But I had a hard time understanding the series.

Having an important person doing a job is no excuse to not scold Asuka, Misato, Rei, Hikari, Shinji etc. bratty behavior.
Angry_Anime_NerdApr 1, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 1, 2017 5:32 PM
Oct 2012
pinkarray said:
What do you mean why not? Why should girls undress in the same room all at once? Stop fanboying over it, that's inappropriate.

??? Because it is standard at most schools in Japan? Watch the second episode of Haruhi, same thing. You are finding significance in something totally commonplace.

pinkarray said:
Are you saying all young people are self-centered? Because they're not and Shinji is around the same age as Asuka, just more selfless.

Of course all young people are self centered. The point of "maturing" is learning NOT to be alas far too many adults never learn this). As for Shinji and Asuka, they are even more self centered than others because of their past histories. Again, that is the whole point for the series.

pinkarray said:

Then what exactly would they have therapy for? In order to activate the ATF needed to fight the angels they have to be psychologically damaged, therapy would eliminate their ability to be weapons.

pinkarray said:

It's really not that hard. It's a metaphor for children growing up to becoming adults. Angels are the "other", the Eva's are the wombs, the children are all utterly scared of opening themselves up and becoming intimate with another being. The adults are not much better mind you. Everyone is pretty screwed up following the third impact (which is basically a metaphor for personal loss: a mother, a wife, the love of your life).

pinkarray said:
Having an important person doing a job is no excuse to not scold Asuka, Misato, Rei, Hikari, Shinji etc. bratty behavior.

Not important, unique and essential for the survival of humanity.
Apr 1, 2017 6:00 PM

Jun 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
pinkarray said:

??? Because it is standard at most schools in Japan? Watch the second episode of Haruhi, same thing. You are finding significance in something totally commonplace.

pinkarray said:

Of course all young people are self centered. The point of "maturing" is learning NOT to be alas far too many adults never learn this). As for Shinji and Asuka, they are even more self centered than others because of their past histories. Again, that is the whole point for the series.

pinkarray said:

Then what exactly would they have therapy for? In order to activate the ATF needed to fight the angels they have to be psychologically damaged, therapy would eliminate their ability to be weapons.

pinkarray said:

It's really not that hard. It's a metaphor for children growing up to becoming adults. Angels are the "other", the Eva's are the wombs, the children are all utterly scared of opening themselves up and becoming intimate with another being. The adults are not much better mind you. Everyone is pretty screwed up following the third impact (which is basically a metaphor for personal loss: a mother, a wife, the love of your life).

pinkarray said:

Not important, unique and essential for the survival of humanity.

Well, I don't know much about japan or middle/high school and I have not seen Haruhi. I've been home-schooled since third grade and the only countries I know about are Canada, Cuba, United Kingdom, and some of Australia and I'm American.

And saying all kids and teenagers are self-centered is not true. My grandpa says there are a lot of nice people in this world and some not-so-nice people. I have met some sweet people I wouldn't call self-centered. Like my cousin and friends are more quiet, calm and reserved and another who is outgoing and bubbly, they're not easily upset. Heck, I have even met a kind 8-year-old.

I was also a very well-behaved person before I even turned 7. I don't believe I did anything people would call self-centered.

Apr 1, 2017 6:12 PM
Oct 2012
pinkarray said:
Well, I don't know much about japan or middle/high school and I have not seen Haruhi. I've been home-schooled since third grade and the only countries I know about are Canada, Cuba, United Kingdom, and some of Australia and I'm American.

Most US schools have locker rooms for kids to change, in front of other kids, for P.E. In Japan they use classrooms, the boys go to one, the girls to another.

pinkarray said:
And saying all kids and teenagers are self-centered is not true. My grandpa says there are a lot of nice people in this world and some not-so-nice people. I have met some sweet people I wouldn't call self-centered. Like my cousin and friends are more quiet, calm and reserved and another who is outgoing and bubbly, they're not easily upset. Heck, I have even met a kind 8-year-old.

One can be self centered and extremely nice. Self-centered means that one thinks the world revolves around them, and for a child that is a natural conclusion - they cry, their parents respond. Yes, some children are preternaturally mature for their ages, but the vast majority are not. This incidentally is why children are seldom tried as adults, because adults realized that they may not have learned to understand the impact their actions have on others.

As for the kids in this series, all of them suffer from extreme alienation. Most have very good reasons for being so (Shiji's mother died and he was abandoned by his father, Asuka's family situation was even worse), so the point is not to wonder why they act the way they do, but rather how can they be saved.
Apr 3, 2017 6:11 PM

May 2015
pinkarray said:

You can consider the last episode a really weird therapy session in a way. kek
Apr 5, 2017 8:19 AM

Jun 2011
I got more questions from the top.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

197 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

70 by darrenduckyyy »»
Apr 21, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

232 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 21, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Nov 30, 2007

264 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 21, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

194 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 19, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.