Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 31, 2017 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
As their first project they might expand on it further.
Also I saw a huge LN sales boost so thats a good sign
Mar 31, 2017 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
They def should. This was clearly one of the top anime so far this year.

Mar 31, 2017 12:41 PM

Sep 2016
It would be nice. I'd definitely watch it.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Mar 31, 2017 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Well they should make one if they get a good breakpoint for season 2.
Mar 31, 2017 1:50 PM

Sep 2013
Not just a cliffhanger, the whole finale was a setup.
Mar 31, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
This is making Studio NUT a lot of cash to rake in, I would be surprised if they didn't make a Season 2.
Mar 31, 2017 4:40 PM
Jan 2013
I know I'll be buying the Blu Ray of this season. I advise anyone that wants another season of this show to do the same
Mar 31, 2017 4:45 PM
Oct 2012
p4r7y80y3d said:
I know I'll be buying the Blu Ray of this season. I advise anyone that wants another season of this show to do the same

That pretty much is the point. Stop begging for it, go out and buy stuff if you want a second season. I for one bought all six novels.
Mar 31, 2017 4:54 PM

Jul 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
p4r7y80y3d said:

That pretty much is the point. Stop begging for it, go out and buy stuff if you want a second season. I for one bought all six novels.

I have better things to do with my money than throw it in a pile and burn it, which is pretty much what you're doing buying something a second time. If their business relies on people buying multiple copies and forms of the same media, they're doing something wrong and need to monetize their product properly.
Mar 31, 2017 5:03 PM
Oct 2012
Sokah said:
I have better things to do with my money than throw it in a pile and burn it, which is pretty much what you're doing buying something a second time. If their business relies on people buying multiple copies and forms of the same media, they're doing something wrong and need to monetize their product properly.

You most likely didn't spend any money the first time, so what are you complaining about?

It's called respect. I buy the books to support the writers so that they will write more, some of the profits go to the publishers, which invest in animation as a way to market their books, so I am rewarding them for bringing something I enjoyed to my attention and to signal that I would like a second season as well.

And you are free to spend your money on what you want, likewise I am free to spend my money on what I want. If you want a second season, then show it through buying stuff, if you don't then don't. Continue to leech off those who do.
Mar 31, 2017 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
I'm curious though, can anyone tell me how much it sold?

I've tried to look around but I can't find any numbers.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 31, 2017 5:11 PM

Oct 2016
They better announce S2 since this setup will be such a waste.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 31, 2017 5:12 PM
Nov 2013
If you trust the fuckups of a Chinese streaming service the next season should already be planned.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/17/chinese-service-lists-saga-of-tanya-anime-for-26-episodes
Mar 31, 2017 5:25 PM
Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:

In January and February the 1st 2 volumes sold about 120,000 copies. Guessing that March will be around 30K, and assuming that there were sales of other volumes that didn't make the cut, this would be a bump of 160,000 volumes that would not have existed without the book.

On top of this there is quite the collection of merchandise, but I have no idea how much that sold.

So good solid success, not a complete home run, but not bad either. Solid BD sales around 8k I think would be enough if it hasn't already been green lit (I think it has, Studio Nut was formed to animate this series, and I doubt that they would have left Madhouse for a single season).
Mar 31, 2017 5:37 PM

Apr 2012
@Takuan_Soho
DVD sales?
I think would be enough if it hasn't already been green lit (I think it has, Studio Nut was formed to animate this series, and I doubt that they would have left Madhouse for a single season).
I'm also not sure what you're saying here, please do explain.

Autocrat said:
Mar 31, 2017 5:38 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
p4r7y80y3d said:

Are there any official plans on licensing and translating the books?

Immahnoob said:
@Takuan_Soho
DVD sales?
I think would be enough if it hasn't already been green lit (I think it has, Studio Nut was formed to animate this series, and I doubt that they would have left Madhouse for a single season).

NUT was formed by a former members of Madhouse and MAPPA

https://animecredits.wordpress.com/category/studio-nut/
Mar 31, 2017 5:44 PM
Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:
@Takuan_Soho
DVD sales?

I am only repeating what I read, I did not actually verify it: Studio NuT is headed by a team that left Madhouse because they wanted to specifically animate Youjo Senki. Edit Thanks Elkensteyin! Didn't see that until after I posted.

Now if that is true, then I think that there must have been some guarantee of a second season because I cannot see people leaving a secure company like Madhouse to take a gamble on a one season animation. This is why I think that there has to be a second season in store.

But that is my speculation.

elkensteyin said:
Are there any official plans on licensing and translating the books

None that I have heard of, but honestly I don't track this is anyway, so I would be one of the last to know!
Mar 31, 2017 5:57 PM

Apr 2012
OK, I still want those DVD sales numbers if you have the BD sales numbers guys. @Takuan_Soho
@elkensteyin

Also, nowadays, Yen Press is doing their job, maybe Youjo Senki will also get picked up by them.

Autocrat said:
Mar 31, 2017 6:08 PM
Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:
OK, I still want those DVD sales numbers if you have the BD sales numbers guys.

It hasn't gone on sale yet, first volume is set for April 26th. There used to be a guy here who would try to predict what the sales would be (based on some figures), he was pretty decent at being in the ballpark, but I don't think he is here anymore, of if he is he stopped doing the predictions. He was on the DVD sales thread over on the News thread.

Immahnoob said:
Also, nowadays, Yen Press is doing their job, maybe Youjo Senki will also get picked up by them.

Not seeing it on their site, and they have their schedule out to August. Skythewood is fanning it, they usually do both good and steady work.
Apr 1, 2017 12:13 AM

Dec 2015

Immahnoob said:

Its gonna surface on MAL in the next few days. Im just as curious as you are :3
Apr 1, 2017 1:18 AM

Jul 2016
There's a chance, if they're going to depend their possibility to make a sequel with the LN sales. So let's hope for boost in sales.
Apr 1, 2017 1:21 AM

Nov 2012
p4r7y80y3d said:

Where would one buy official merchandise, for now i can see t-shirts etc on Ebay for sale, but i highly doubt that's any official merchandise that will in any way help the team making the anime.
Apr 1, 2017 4:31 AM

Dec 2015
I hope this will sell well. Sometimes the Japanese have weird taste and don't buy the good anime. And I hope it didn't end anime original (I don't know the source/novel).

Some novel readers mentioned that it seemed like it would follow a different path - a few episodes before the end ... with that one evil soldier that that (if I understood them correctly) was supposed to die a bit earlier.

This ending felt open (leaving room for a season 2). And I liked the series. I'd definitely watch more. (Other crap gets lots of seasons as well.)
Apr 1, 2017 4:55 AM

Jan 2016
Better start praying to Sonzai X for that second season
Apr 1, 2017 5:32 AM
Jun 2012
I see that peoples do not know for what was cliffhanger. It was ending type "and now if you want know what was next please buy and read novel" because S2 never. HxH had identical ending.
Apr 1, 2017 7:51 AM

May 2016
I'm confident there will be something in the future. Whether it's S2 or even a movie.
Anime is from Vol. 1 to Vol. 3 of the LN (except for the last chapter in Vol. 3).

There are 7 LN Volume in total, so there are 4 more to be adopted, so there is hope.

Just like Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei (Irregular at Magic High School), they 21 LN Volume and the anime adopted 7 Volume. The new upcoming movie in June 2017 is a new original story after Volume 8 (they skip Vol. 7 & Vol. 8). So you can do the math. Took em 3 years to come out with a movie

Madmouse has a bad reputation when it comes to making a sequel, but if all is well... we might be getting a new sequel in few years. By then, pretty sure we'll have more than 10 Volumes
Apr 1, 2017 1:34 PM

Dec 2015

marconii2002 said:
I see that peoples do not know for what was cliffhanger. It was ending type "and now if you want know what was next please buy and read novel" because S2 never. HxH had identical ending.

HxH had an extremely conclusive ending. The goal set from episode 1 was achieved.
Maybe there were some things to settle but the main thing was done lol.
Apr 1, 2017 1:36 PM

Apr 2014
Even though NUT is in the production committee, it depends upon the publisher if they think a second season is worth it.
Apr 1, 2017 4:38 PM

Sep 2010
The whole last episode felt like a build up to a season 2. There was this Chinese site that said 26 episode so I was hoping for it to be split cour, but I guess not.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 2, 2017 11:00 AM

Apr 2016
They should make a season 2 and/or translate the LNs faster.

Not knowing the ending is killing me. The best one I can think of for this series is Tanya killing Being X then ascending to godhood.
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
Apr 2, 2017 4:36 PM

Jun 2012
Weren't the last eps original? Will they make a original sequel?
Apr 2, 2017 4:48 PM
Jun 2012
Robiiii said:

marconii2002 said:

HxH had an extremely conclusive ending. The goal set from episode 1 was achieved.

HxH it Masou Gakuen HxH
Apr 2, 2017 11:15 PM
Jun 2015
marconii2002 said:
Robiiii said:

HxH it Masou Gakuen HxH

I think they mean Hunter x Hunter
Apr 3, 2017 1:27 AM
Apr 2017
BlackHairedBaka said:
Not knowing the ending is killing me.

well ending of light novel volume 7 is that supplies of Empire are at its limit, economy is near collapsing and they are preparing for final attack on Union
Apr 26, 2017 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
Does anyone know when the BDs come out?
Apr 27, 2017 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
Robiiii said:
Does anyone know when the BDs come out?

They came out the day you posted, meaning, the 04/26.
Apr 28, 2017 7:28 PM

Oct 2008
I hope they make a season 2. Tanya reminds me of the protagonist from Death Note and that worries me because I really don't want the same fate to happen to her. Hope they don't go with something predictably stupid like having the daughter of Anson somehow manage to kill Tanya and make it out to be a good ending because the "good" guys win. That would ruin my day since Tanya is just such an interesting character.
May 15, 2017 2:21 AM
May 2009
The manga is about half way through the anime.
So I have no idea if there is more source material for season 2.
But I also hope there is a second season.

Now to try the english dub to see if it is any good.
(As in did they do accents for the different countries)
May 15, 2017 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
Pls no, this anime was an horrible&ridiculous show.
I hope than the LN is better because I like the illustrations.
Jul 31, 2017 2:35 AM
Apr 2017
p4r7y80y3d said:

Are the novel in English? Where have you brough them?
Jul 31, 2017 2:53 AM

Dec 2014
OP, are you fond of defecating in public?
Aug 25, 2017 1:33 AM

Feb 2015
" You guys must want more right? The LN is available for you to pick-up!"

Is a rather more explainable to why would the anime end there. God, I feel like throwing a tantrum but all I can do would be nothing.

I dunno about the LN, but I'd probably see how many volumes has been translated thus far.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.