Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2017 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well the finale went as I had kinda expected.

The narrative with the somber tone but this time features a lot more of Hanabi. Given the context of the storytelling, it's no surprise that she is still in deep thoughts about her future.

Ebato looks nice with her short hair tbh, like she reinvented herself somewhat. I think Hanabi is lucky to have a friend like her tbh. Pretty much concludes the story with all the drama after a reflection of events by Hanabi.
Mar 30, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
So in the end they didn't end up together but it was still somewhat of a happy ending for them, they reached a mutual agreement.
Seems Kusu no Honkai applied to them at the start of the anime but in the end kuzu doesn't apply to them anymore.
They learned from their mistakes and the became better people.
So i guess it's a nice ending.
Mar 30, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
I'm just ready for pages of people butthurt that Mugi and Hanabi didn't get together, completely missing the point of the series.
Mar 30, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
This anime will probably have special place in my heart forever now. Mugi's middle school life is pretty much my high school life summed up and Akane being a carbon copy of my ex in a way. This anime hit so hard to home for me since some of the character's interactions with each other are so realistic it was pretty scary at times. Some people might rag on this anime for having absurd moments but the author portrayed each character's feelings and actions really well at each moment and times.

I really liked the unique and mature tone the setting provides compared to other romance genre anime. Also, I'm REALLY glad Mugi didn't end up with Hanabi. The ending just added even more of a sense of realism to this anime. (Yes, I know anime is fictional). Relationships never go that well so smoothly and we all can't just easily move on after losing your first crush. Really feels like the character are so real in some way to me. Not to mention the fact that since they are teens and are still young and make tons of mistakes and grow from it which is what I felt from this finale.

If they forced the Mugi x Hanabi end I'm sure many viewers would've been extremely happy but this ending is so good in a different realistic way.
(Also Moka is best girl. Girls like her are rare)

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 30, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Ah the bitter sweet type of ending, I've never been a fan of it but having Mugi and Hanabi end up together wouldnt feel right as well so Im kinda torn, either way it was a very fun series... ok maybe "fun" isnt the right word, it was entertaining. I cant say I'll miss this since it wasnt exactly a series that would get you in a good mood so yeah Im fine with it finally ending.
Mar 30, 2017 12:34 PM

Jan 2016
Hanabi's narration at the end about true love was touching but at the same time painfully real. Refreshing to see media tackle love in a way that reflects my reality, so I enjoyed the series.
Mar 30, 2017 12:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Couldn't have asked for a better ending

Solid 9/10
Mar 30, 2017 12:53 PM

Feb 2016
Hongu said:
I'm just ready for pages of people butthurt that Mugi and Hanabi didn't get together, completely missing the point of the series.

Exactly, just the same as the bunch of people that says that this anime is 12 episodes full of sex lmao

That aside, that was one of the greatest endings I've seen, those words at the end, are really powerful
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 30, 2017 1:57 PM

Aug 2015
A romance different from what we can usually see but too drama forced at times.

Buy me the soundtrack of this series too, thank you. :)

3/5

Total: ~ 6/10
Mar 30, 2017 2:05 PM
Jun 2014
I went into this series not being bothered how it ends, as long as the journey was enjoyable, so I'm perfectly fine with this ending rather than any forced pairings.

I will say that I was a little disappointed that while there was a scene with Hanabi and Sanae to tie that up that we didn't get to see one with Mugi and Moca - in general I'd say that Moca's character was a bit wasted as it ended without us knowing if she changed or how she feels about Mugi now. A shame, since I was interested to see a bit more of her after episode 7.
Mar 30, 2017 2:08 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Who would have thought that Akane and Kanai are the only true pairing? I thought that was insane, but a cool way to end it like that. Akane got the happiness she longed for.

Hanabi and Mugi part ways (in case of being intimate and scum). Kind of a somber ending to me honestly, but good for them, they can start anew. The guy who tried to ask Hanabi out was very nice, go with him, Hanabi.

8/10, amazing series in terms of direction and OST, really brought this to a new level.
Mar 30, 2017 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
It's hard to pick best series of winter, but this one is definitely in my top3.
Studio Lechre did amazing work playing with images. Art and music direction was perfect. Generally speaking the art and animation itself were perfect.
Same goes to seiyiuus (especially Anzai Chika as Hanabi, I'm in love with that voice).
I loved the whole narration part.

9/10
rsc-plMar 30, 2017 2:15 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 30, 2017 2:13 PM

Nov 2014
A very fitting ending.

Overall this series was a blast, I loved how unconventional it was, easily in my top 5 favorite romance stories.
Solid 8/10
Mar 30, 2017 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
The ending was kind of what I was expecting considering how the story flowed in the latter half of the series. The only really good show for what turned out to be a disappointing season in many ways IMHO.
Mar 30, 2017 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good, wish they would add a sequel or some shit for the ending but yeah it was fine, not too left open and not too closed, pretty neutral.

OST was fine, animation and art too.

The comedy felt cringe many times but not to a really disappointing degree.

7.8/10 (without the constant sex and cucking it wouldve been a 9 for me.)
Mar 30, 2017 2:26 PM

Dec 2014
It's kinda sad that Hanabi and Mugi didn't end up together but yeah it was a pretty good finale.

Ecchan, NOOOOO! Why did you cut your beautiful hair? T.T
Moca looked really pretty in her dress.

Akane giving Hanabi the flower was nice. xD

Overall, I don't even know why I decided to start this series. It was pretty clear from the plot synopsis that this show may not be something I like and would be riddled with annoying drama, angst and melancholy and I'm really not a big fan of depressive shows in general. Surprisingly enough, I didn't really mind it as much as I thought I would, In fact you could say this series did kind of become some sort of a guilty pleasure and I guess that's not a bad thing. From the beginning, all the way to the very end I can say that I'm highly neutral towards the characters, their problems and their actions. I often find their actions really stupid and just driven by lust and impulse but I was never really in a position to call their actions out as acceptable or unacceptable so that's pretty much where my neutral stance comes from. Perhaps you can call the portrayal of romance in this show mature or maybe you could call it insensible but nevertheless something pulled me to the next episode every time. I think it's because of my neutral stance to these characters that I actually found it interesting to see what would happen to them in this spiral of teenage lust and angst. I'm just gonna quote my post from the last episode now as it pretty much explains everything else I wanted to say
Throughout this whole series, I've been trying to figure out what is it the author was trying to convey through this messed up story of broken people. I couldn't figure out what it was I was supposed to take away from a story like this, was it just guilty pleasure? I finally found it, It's a very simple lesson, something a lot of people find it hard to accept but it is possible, "People can change." No matter who you are, you can change be it through your own will (Hanabi) or with the help of others. (Akane) This right here is in my opinion the moral of this story.

Honestly, if the last episode hadn't happened I don't know what I would have thought of this show right now. xD

8/10

Huge props to all seiyuu performances especially Hanabi.
Mar 30, 2017 2:27 PM

Jun 2014
So in the end, Hanabi and Mugi didn't end up with each other. Honestly though that feels more realistic rather than forcing them together to please the people who shipped them.

This show was pretty entertaining to watch with all of the shady shit that was going on in every episode, but in the end it was all right and nothing more tbh. 6/10, certainly not as amazing as everyone made it out to be.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 30, 2017 2:27 PM
May 2014
"I don't want to be apart"
"I don't want to let go anymore"
???
Mar 30, 2017 2:33 PM
Dec 2010
Yup, great stuff it's definitly left mark in my memory, mostly because of music.
Mar 30, 2017 2:43 PM

Dec 2014
I'm glad Mugi and Hanabi didn't get together in the end. Would've liked to see more Akane to see if she really did change rather than just other characters pointing out that she did and we're supposed to believe that.

Good run though, 7/10.
I need sleep.
Mar 30, 2017 2:44 PM

Apr 2016
Could have been great, ended just ok.

A surprising, daring and funny (almost comical) redemption route for Akane and an understandable but not really exciting (boring like real life?) "sayonara" ending for Hanabi and Mugi. No feelings at the end. I'm not really overwhelmed right now :)

Ok.

"could have been great" that sums it up quite well.
Mar 30, 2017 2:49 PM

Jan 2015
I liked 2 last episodes.Really glad that they were able to move on cause in the end it's just high school romance, don't be so heartbroken over one person rejecting your feelings, there are other people who you will be able to love later, not sure what will happen later in the story but i'm sure Hanabi will find her love that will be stronger than her love for "Onii-chan"
Mar 30, 2017 2:54 PM

Sep 2015
Darn it! I was hoping Bitch-sensei got run over by a truck or raped by a gorilla or something and died right before her marriage, but I guess things don't always work out. 9/10.
Mar 30, 2017 2:56 PM

Jun 2011
Jack_Corvus96 said:
Hongu said:

Exactly, just the same as the bunch of people that says that this anime is 12 episodes full of sex lmao

That aside, that was one of the greatest endings I've seen, those words at the end, are really powerful

And easy to forget xD

It is a paradox that one always learns something after suffering, since they learns not to suffer at first

9.5/10 for the anime.
Mar 30, 2017 2:58 PM

Dec 2016
fucking loved everything about this, and the ending was great—I thought it was gonna be some cliche bullshit with them ending up together, but nope.

10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2017 3:03 PM

Sep 2016
A bit disappointed about this final episode, not because of the plot, but because of the execution. I feel like those pseudo-comedic moments with the classmate yelling orders and so were a bit... "forced", they didn't mesh well with the brake-less train of feels I've come to expect from (and love about) this show. I mean, there have always been sudden funny faces and shit, but the more "cartoonish" ones were usually short segments. It was like they were clever attempts to catch you off-guard. Not so this time.

I get it, they had to make a whole episode out of like only one manga chapter. They had to use filler. I get it. But still, this show wasn't a fucking slice of life. I've come for the feels, I want the feels. If you're showing me Hanabi's daily life, I want to hear Hana's inner monologue while she has trouble focusing on the task at hand *because* of her emotions and memories coming back at her at inopportune times. I want to be shown her trying and either succeeding or failing at moving on. I want to be shown, not told. They could have used the filler time showing me more of that, instead of clumsy student A & B gags and shit.

The art style and soundtrack were amazing as always.

It was an alright episode, but more because of the setup during the previous episode and plot resolution than anything.

3/5 episode, seriously considering dropping my rating from 10/10 to 9/10 because the finale wasn't up to par with the amazing standard upheld throughout the rest of the show.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 30, 2017 3:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Pretty solid ending.
Definitly was a good and interesting watch but it could've been even better.
7/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 30, 2017 3:12 PM

Sep 2015
I have but one question: Does the anime finish the manga, and if it does, WHERE IS MY SEASON 2?!?!?! Oh, my bad that's 2 questions...
Mar 30, 2017 3:12 PM

Jul 2016
All I have to say is wow. Great job. I'm still bitter over the marriage and all, but I applaud the conclusion of this series. It is so realistic, no stupid "happily ever after" ending for the protagonists, extremely good character development, and again, I might have cried...a little. I truly wished for Hanabi to be with Kanai (or Sanae) and for Akane to be abandoned by everyone, but that would be too perfect. So I'm satisfied with the realistic dimensions and the not overdramatic tones. I'm going to miss watching this every week.

Total Score: 8/10
Mar 30, 2017 3:16 PM

Mar 2016
that ending was perfect. it was bitter-sweet but very realistic and we don't see stuff like this very often

8/10
Mar 30, 2017 3:17 PM
Mar 2013
Aww nice!! Since this updated before the manga, I decided to finally catch up and watch the finale lol. It's nice to see that the author decided against having them end up together! It's really refreshing and we didn't have to suffer through something forced and awkward. Super bittersweet. I lowkey wanted Hanabi to end up with the other background glasses guy though, his looks looked like a combo of Mugi and her childhood crush LOL
Mar 30, 2017 3:18 PM
Dec 2016
The probably best show of winter 2017 had ended.. In the end,their wishes haven't been fulfilled but they need to move on to find the real one. Glad that it doesn't forced Hanabi and Mugi together but makes them a better person :)
9/10 for animation, colours, soundtracks, pacing, and bittersweet ending that may be happy for them.
~Looking forward to Koi to Uso.. It might be another Kuzu no Honkai for summer2017??
Mar 30, 2017 3:20 PM

Jan 2017
I honestly did really enjoy this story and especially the ending. I would have loved to see Hanabi and Mugi end up together but this ending was just as great. It's so nice to see everyone go on their own paths as well but, I was hoping that Narumi would wound up spilling the beans on how he sees Akane as his mother...

8/10 Overall

P.S Loved the OP and ED of this series!
Mar 30, 2017 3:35 PM

May 2015
All the bs reviews on the front page I see.

Mar 30, 2017 3:38 PM

May 2010
I knew they wouldn't end up together and it's the best for them
It was ok, the story wasn't the best but the directing helped a lot
7/10
Mar 30, 2017 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
A solid 8.5 for me. Loved the animation, the voice actors and the splendid ost (best soundtrack I've listened in years)! also kudos for an original non-cliché end. I think it was perfect.
The anime is seriously well done, imo surpassing the manga.
Moriyama seems like a nice guy, go for it Hanabi:D
Akane gets the award of best B*tch of 2017 , loool

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 30, 2017 3:48 PM
Jun 2016
Why am I shaking so hard
That was beautiful and I've never been so emotionally attached to a series like this, I enjoyed every minute of it.
A solid 10/10 for me
Mar 30, 2017 3:52 PM

Jul 2015
Why is there so much hate? As a manga reader, I was pleased with how well they handled this adaptation. The art was gorgeous, from the eyes of the characters to the highly detailed backgrounds and objects. The animation was fluid and had very few budget cuts. The voice acting really fit the characters: they powerfully expressed how I imagined they felt in the manga. It was quite a daunting task. The story while not completely original, is a nice detour from the conventional stereotyped that plagued the genre. The plot was also quite fast paced and I didn't feel bored at any moment. The direction and frame transitions was very different from what we usually see in the genre. It kind of reminded me of Bakemonogatari. Finally the Sountract was great, with a solid opening and the best ending song of the season. Easily the best romantic drama of the season (Best Drama is Rakugo S2.)
Mar 30, 2017 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
The ending is 100% perfect, loved it so much. Really appreciate the fact they didn't end up together, it feels so realistic.

8/10 overall
Mar 30, 2017 3:57 PM
Aug 2016
Perfect ending in my opinion. I'm glad they didn't go for the cop out ending of them ending up together and went for something more unique instead! They both have feelings for each other but know it's best they move on, beautiful!
Overall I'd give this an 8.5/10 (but since that's not an option here is gave it a 9/10 instead)
Mar 30, 2017 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
Best possible ending!

The animation was nice, but what about the story? Well to tell the truth it was quite good and it actually felt real and I could empathize with characters. Some thinks that Hnabi and Mugi were supposed to end up together... imo these people either didn't watched the show or are "airheads".
Mar 30, 2017 4:07 PM

Sep 2014
Just....damn. I mean....(O_O)..but...and then....why didn't....

slow claps......

Like reality, you don't always get what you want. This show nailed it perfected (pun intended)

And dammit do I love that ending. Never have I seen an ED fit so perfectly.
Mar 30, 2017 4:11 PM

May 2010
I really felt this could have been so much more than it was. It didn't have to be a happy ending, but I dunno.. the whole series just felt poorly executed to me. Story was too all over the place for me - sometimes focusing too much on one character at one time. The art was the best thing about it.
Mar 30, 2017 4:13 PM

Mar 2016
I'm also glad they didn't end up together. They went out in the first place without planning to go any further and Mugi had no obligation to go out with her by the end of it anyways. He doesn't feel it then there is no helping it, which is what the series was about, unrequited love, despite all the other crazy shit going on.

Also Akane was best girl. She my ho now cuck sensei.
Mar 30, 2017 4:14 PM

Jan 2015
There was some enjoyment to be had from this but overall a pretty lackluster show. +1 for great soundtrack and art. 6/10
Mar 30, 2017 4:17 PM

Sep 2015
Dam this was a 8/10 honestly super realistic story that a lot of people can relate to. Honestly that ending was not bad even if Mugi and her didnt end up together, it would be pretty cliche. But looks like Ecchan and her cousin got together or closer judging by how they were seen together at the Bon Fire.
Mar 30, 2017 4:21 PM

May 2010
Goddamn Noriko, as expected of my favorite character. Love how indepedent she is now and she keeps pushing Hanabi forward.

Damn I am gonna miss Hanabi's VA. Love how much emotion she puts in her voice.

I always liked the idea of random admirer aka Moriyama x Hanabi tho I like Hanabi alone for now as well. Don't really like Mugi.

Glad Ecchan and Hanabi are back to friends.

Glad Hanabi came to terms with everything. I am pretty satisfied with everything.

Yay they didn't go for Hanabi x Mugi! Always felt it was more physical than emotional. LOVE. Good choice there, author. Actually going with what you thought from the start. This series was very well-planned.

Really nice ending. 9/10, the anime delivered.
Mar 30, 2017 4:22 PM

Aug 2013
It felt rather depressing at the end but I think the lesson was the fact that for both Mugi and Hanabi, they need to learn to be happy by themselves before they each decide to have another person in their lives. Putting them together in the end would honestly defeat the purpose of the series because they were only together in the first place to nurse each other's wounds. If they were to be together after both being broken hearted by their respective first loves then they would be nursing each other's broken hearts as opposed to being together for the sake of wanting to be together. So this show is definitely one of those mature types that don't get the happy ending that's like prevalent to the eye but one that is subtle and hidden in terms of meaning.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 30, 2017 4:26 PM

Mar 2016
Oddly enough this might be the best episode of the series. Doesn't make the anime has a whole any less meandering though.
Mar 30, 2017 4:27 PM

Jul 2015
Is the manga ending the same ?
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

177 by tsumetai1163 »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.