Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2017 4:50 AM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Finale.
I was tearing a bit when S4 performance.

overall, this series is 9/10.
Maybe exaggerating score and definitely subjective, but I really loved this show and the characters growing up on me.

See you next week on Hoshi no Tsubasa.
megmicaMar 30, 2017 5:01 AM
Mar 30, 2017 5:53 AM

Sep 2015
Agree, a bit of teary episode. The feels of watching this series one whole year just rush out. One of the best episodes. Really like the strong bond between the S4s.

Lastly a fitting last picture of Aikatsu Stars Season 1

Members and Fans, see you guys at Aikatsu Star! Hoshi no Tsubasa.
valvravetruthMar 30, 2017 9:40 AM
Mar 30, 2017 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
What an amazing and emotional way to end I'm so glad I was able to finish this on time.

I'll be honest when I saw this I assumed it would be the same as the original but after a few episodes I realized no this is similar but it is doing it's own thing. For example it doesn't focus on the clothing or the appeals like the previous one's did this one put's more focus on the idols and I love it. If there's one thing I kind of didn't like was the headmaster at first I thought oh he's a bad guy but then Later they made him look like a good guy and that really confused me. The music for this I loved the music in this. In every season there's a couple of songs I liked but in this I enjoyed about 95% of the songs I hope that the next season has just as good of music as this.

Final thought's I give this an 8/10 and will definitely be rewatching this soon. Now I have to pick up the albums because the music in this is that good.
Mar 30, 2017 7:51 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Really liked this..they look so better in new uniforms.
Apr 5, 2017 10:33 PM

Jun 2008
Yume's hair is getting bigger.

I do hope Hime, Yozora, and Tsubasa won't be completely gone from the show. Especially Hime.
Apr 6, 2017 12:26 AM

Mar 2016
i had to hold back the tears
Apr 6, 2017 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
I teared up a bit as well, it's to be expected though, considering we spent 50 episodes (which is just short of an entire year) watching these characters.
Having nearly an entire year's worth of memories with these characters made for an extremely emotional conclusion to the arc.
S4 Crowning event got me with Mahiru and Yozora, oh man.

Glad that Lily still gets to keep an admin spot along with Yuri and now Laura as well, that's cool

The final performance of this S4 was really well done, the appeal might've been a little weird but I loved pretty much everything about the performance. They brought back episode solo which is without a doubt my favorite ED of the series, and the performance, seeing S4 dancing and singing together with obvious trust in each other made me feel really emotional when watching.
And oh man, the glowstick message caught me off guard, but what really made me tear up there was seeing Tsubasa tear up. Out of all of them, Tsubasa's teary eyed reaction made my heart clench really tightly.
Out of all of S4, I liked Tsubasa's design the most, and seeing this fragile and emotional side to her made me feel so sad at this graduation. In terms of actual personality and whatnot she's not really a favorite of mine, but this episode alone has put her a lot higher on my list.

Ah man Tsubasa broke me
See y'all next week on the Venus Ark!
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Aug 9, 2017 8:14 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ah so that's what Yume and the others were carrying. I really liked the glowing message that they gave to Hime, Tsubasa, Yozora and Yuzu. It was by far the most emotional episode and even Tsubasa felt emotional who was shown to be very disciplined and not emotional. I suppose it adds to her character imo.

Laura may have lost in the S4 battle but at least she still gets to shine around S4 as well as the other girls.
But wow S4 sure has their hands full, always running against the clock with their daily activities.

The sad part is no Koharu. It's sad because she didn't get to say goodbye to the current S4. And what also felt a bit sad is when Yume said that Laura knew her better than anyone. If I remember correctly Koharu was Yume's childhood friend so shouldn't she know Yume better than anyone?
I think the line should have been more like "you're one of the few people who know me well".
I hope Koharu returns soon.
Other than that it was a fun 50 episodes, they went by rather quick.

Feb 27, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2012

Alright putting all thought aside,first off this moment was sweet.

If I had to say this season was alright/okay and that's about it,I had no strong feeling for this season 6/10.

Ranking all the seasons I would put them like this:
OG S1>>>>>>>>OG S4>Stars S1>OG S3>>>>>>>>>>>OG S2
Apr 21, 2018 7:30 AM

Jul 2008
I fell very behind watching this series. I kept up with what happened through twitter and the arcade game, but I stopped actively watching this show around episode 40. Now that all of Stars has ended and Friends has begun, I'm finally pushing myself to try and finish Stars.

Because it has taken me so long, and I watched the show in spurts, I don't have a great grasp on how I feel about the season as a whole. I'll write down some thoughts I had about this finale, and what I did retain about this first half of Stars.

Some things that impressed me about the season as a whole/things I liked

-S4
-OST
-Haruka Luka
-The effort by the staff to give distinct character designs to all the mob characters
-The themes
-Most of the music

Things I didn't like...

I honestly care more about the leaving S4 than any of the new members. I would rather watch an anime set one year earlier and follow Hime, Yozora, Tsubasa, and Yuzu instead of following the main current cast...which is kind of sad.

Various things seemed to be a bit off in the planning of this series, imo. I have no idea if the staff had to change things partway through, or they were rushed...or what. But a lot of stuff never worked for me.

1) The friendship between the main four girls. I think it was episode 24, when all of a sudden Ako, Mahiru, Laura, and Yume were shown being really close friends. They had a dynamic that had never existed before that episode. It was as if the show's creators were like "oh crap, we are halfway through the series and our main characters still don't have an established friendship." Then they decided to just force them together and make it the new status quo. That honestly bothered me for the remainder of the series. The movie suffered from that same issue, too. (Not to mention the whole idea of a Stars movie after just 20~ episodes made the plot of that film super thin and more like an OVA...).

2) The makeup of the four classes. I have said this in other posts throughout the season, but I thought the balance was really strange, having 3 girls in Song, 1 in Theater, 0 in Dance, and 1 in Beauty. That made the S4 selections super underwhelming and I think we could have also gotten a more interesting look at the academy if we had more characters in different courses.

3) Premium dresses. I don't like that only S4 has premium dresses.

4) M4. This seems like another plot thread the creators decided to just brush off half way. Yume/Subaru never really amounted to anything, and neither did Ako/Kanata. The M4 song remains one of the cringiest moments of Aikatsu for me ever. Also the laziness of M4 having completely different rules than S4.... (members not changing, unit staying together).

5) Yume's "power". That was so stupid. She has a power that makes her a better idol, because she is "chosen by the system" or something, and she overcomes it by working harder. That just...no. There isn't even enough sense behind this plot point to even actually talk about it.

Final complaint about this final episode: The S4 performance was the EXACT same one in the movie, even down the SUMMER collection premium dresses. They didn't even bother to update the dresses to winter. That is so lazy (and also makes the live from the movie feel less special because it was replicated here).

~~~~~

Time to move onto Hoshi no Tsubasa... *gulp*

Oct 28, 2018 4:57 PM

Jul 2015
Amazing final episode of the first half of the series, so emotional! And they played Episode Solo! Oh man that was fantastic.

I can't wait to see the girls wearing the S4 uniforms, they are gorgeous.
Feb 28, 10:15 AM

May 2019
The whole first season feels more like prologue. I like the S4 members more as a whole than the main cast perhaps more selling appeal to join the S4. The first half of this season is really weird with the chosen idol surge power thing. It's hinted from the first episode only to be resolved quite easily in the later half. The last few episodes are so much better with the S4 selection audition at least. I also don't myself like any of the characters so far but my favorite relationship has to be between Mahiru and her sister. The handling of childhoof friend is easily the worst thing in the show and M4 too. I find the inclusion of male idols group in this show is really unnecessary tbh. Not to mention, the group never performed full concert in any episode and only served as shipping material which is very annoying. They don't really have the fun charisma and the charm like in the OGkatsu does either. Yume as the main protagonist is very weak at least for this season.
VivaceRexFeb 28, 10:21 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 53 Discussion

valvravetruth - Apr 20, 2017

13 by aloradear »»
Apr 20, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 100 Discussion

Florete - Apr 2, 2018

16 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 13, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 99 Discussion

Hyuse - Mar 23, 2018

8 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 13, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 98 Discussion

VanishingKira - Mar 19, 2018

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 97 Discussion

Florete - Mar 10, 2018

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 10:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.