Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 30, 2017 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! I thought this was the last episode, so I had put my heart at peace, but when I realized in the end that would not have been so, I was really happy. A little less fun than usual, unfortunately this is ascribable to the fact that in this episode, in a sense, reckoning. However I liked the story, in which one sees a daily air pretty good. With the flashback on the meeting between Thoru and Kobayashi, finally it closes the circle, and appreciate the fact that we have talked about the past of Thoru arguing it, in a serious way. It is unfortunate that there has not been much room for Elma. I hope there is a second season, since this was able to be perfect in everything.
Mar 30, 2017 3:25 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode, probably my favorite one so far.

When Kobayashi slept in the train and they showed her dream/flashback of when she met Tohru, I genuinely thought she missed her stop, because the way they did it didn't make it seem like a dream/flashback at first. I felt bad for Tohru, honestly :/

I loved the scene when Lucoa was wearing that demon mask and Shouta is telling her to go away, it was incredibly cute when he was worried that she wouldn't come back xD
I was literally smiling and chuckling at how cute that scene was <3
I'd be worried too if I was him lol

But man, I can't believe it's coming to an end.. This anime has been one of my favorite shows to watch from the winter season, and I know I'm gonna miss it.

Looking forward to the final episode~

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Mar 30, 2017 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
I knew that it wasn't the last episode... just yet.

Yay, we get to see Kobayashi's and Tohru's past lives

Bandit girl got a happy ending... Be free...

Smaug father of Tohru up next... By then, farewell Winter 2017!

P.S. No one's gonna point out that Kobayashi is OP because she's able to pull out that Excalibur off Tohru's back? Oh well
removed-userMar 30, 2017 4:43 AM
Mar 30, 2017 5:39 AM

Dec 2014
this was such a good episode... good to see tohru 's Past.... Final episode to go
Mar 30, 2017 6:57 AM

Jan 2013
If next week is the family visit, then sadly we won't see the

REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 30, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2012
Comfy, the first actual meeting between those two is even more hilarious in the anime.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 30, 2017 8:50 AM

Sep 2008
I thought I was going to be watching the last ep (I mean it IS the last week in March) and was really happy that there's one more next week.

This is my favorite show of the season and I will really miss these great characters I will also miss not being able to say "ravioli, ravioli, don't lewd the dragon loli!" when Kanna is on screen.
Mar 30, 2017 11:13 AM

Jul 2009
So nice! Can't help but love Tooru! Next time we will see more of the human from her world.
Mar 30, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2015
One of my favorite episodes, loved the backstory

Do you guys think the dragon teased at the end is
or possibly Tohru's father, who's been foreshadowed a lot?

Mar 30, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2016
As light-hearted as this show is they have no problem dropping the feels. This show seriously gets better every episode. I'm glad they gave us the backstory on how Tohru and Kobayashi met and a little backstory on Tohru herself.

My only complaint with this show is that Elma gets little to no screen time, I loved her character so much when she first showed up.
Mar 30, 2017 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
ComputerBreath said:
As light-hearted as this show is they have no problem dropping the feels. This show seriously gets better every episode. I'm glad they gave us the backstory on how Tohru and Kobayashi met and a little backstory on Tohru herself.

My only complaint with this show is that Elma gets little to no screen time, I loved her character so much when she first showed up.

She shows up more in the manga, but the anime decided to end at a point in time where her future relevance is meaningless.
Mar 30, 2017 2:48 PM
Jun 2016
Just realized how much character development Tohru has been through, personality-wise and as a maid.

We also saw backstory behind her and more of Kobayashi herself in this episode

Last episode is next week, I'll miss this show
Mar 30, 2017 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
Got to say loved this episode. Got a good laugh out of the "let me fondle your tits" line.
Mar 30, 2017 6:17 PM

Jul 2015
And now we have the full story of how they met, and my god, I knew she was seriously drunk when they met, didn't think it was that bad though, same with Tohru. Watching them act crazy was fun, and we it was nice seeing parts of their past. The little bits with the others were nice too. This was a good episode. A really good episode. Next episode is the last episode and then we'll be saying good bye to a wonderful little series unless they make a second season, which wouldn't be for a while probably, if ever ;w;
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 30, 2017 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
As always, this show is so Peaceful.
Gonna miss this show~

114 said:
Am I the only one who teared up a little at Kobayashi and Tohru's first meeting? The fact that both of them are all alone in the world, had no one to depend on, I just can't help but tear up seeing that scene. :'(

You're not the only one :'D
Mar 30, 2017 11:52 PM

Jan 2014
judging from next episode title, it could be last episode. gonna missed the dragons..
Mar 31, 2017 1:24 AM

Feb 2008
Wanted to post a Kanna picture from the episode but

Outshined by the human who could talk with Tooru a few hours in her world. That moment alone, was happiness and rainbows. I can hardly explain it with words, but that was one extremely well done cliche moment. Loved that little wannabe maid girl.

I love how deep this show is. A lot of symbolism.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 31, 2017 2:34 AM
Aug 2016
nooo i though this show will go on forever laike 20++ episode T_T
Mar 31, 2017 4:29 AM

Jun 2016
Good job to them for showing how Kobayashi and Tohru really met, i've always been curious about that because Tohru said one time that Kobayashi saves her, now it's clear to me. I'm starting to love Tohru now.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 31, 2017 1:12 PM

Sep 2013
Omurice and we see the encounter of kobayashi and tohru :0
Tohru knew another human too for a little bit.

Mar 31, 2017 10:38 PM

Oct 2008
Another good episode!
never ending omurice!
LOL Tooru is a neat clean freak!
it's very hard to decide to buy high quality expensive meat, so Tooru resorted again to the food on her dimension...LOL Valhalla topics! There's also spring water from an elf village!
Shouta became too close and a bit warmed-up to Lucoa! and is actually worried about her! so cute of him!
LOL that b0ss called Kobayashi 6x times! damn that would be stressing!
Kobayashi dreamt of on how she actually met Tooru in dragon form!
LOL Kobayashi pulled-out a God Sword! awesome!
LOL they are both drunk!
Fafnir is really a full-fledged gamer!!
This is what I didn't understand, why did Kanna said "NO!"when Tooru called her?
The only human Tooru spoke has the same hair color as Kobayashi.
There's another dragon that entered the human world! based on the next ep preview: "Emperor of Demise"
5/5.

Apr 1, 2017 4:35 AM
Feb 2017
I REALLY liked this episode, Kobayashis and Tohrus first meeting was awesome, the bandit story was great and Fanfnir showing his nice site was adorable. Honestly I'm impressed by how well this show handles the balance between comedic and heartwarming moments.

Also thanks to the anime gods for finally giving Shouta a scene that wasn't about Lucoa being a pedophile, more interactions between them like this, less unwanted sexual assault. Please and thank you.

Im excited for next episode! For some reason I think its gonna be Tohrus father...
Apr 1, 2017 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode ;)

Loved that Toour x Kobayashi throwback, this is what happens when you get drunk, you meet good people xD
Glad that both of them found each other.
That girl also managed to make her dream become reality ;)
That ending...damn, i really hope that it's a nice dragon xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 3, 2017 1:39 PM
Sep 2014
I'm loving it and it showed so much about how and why she wanted to be a maid. I loved when they showed how kind she was but trying to act all tough and menacing.
Apr 3, 2017 2:17 PM

Jan 2016
Nice episode. I really enjoyed seeing Kobayashi and Tohru meet, and also some more of Tohru's life in the other world. The show's at its best when it makes good use of all the dragon stuff and the other world to spice up its slice of life formula. A couple episodes like the last didn't really pull that off.

Looks like rough times are in store for the next ep.
Apr 4, 2017 7:14 PM

Dec 2014
hope to see a glimpse of a showdown battle between dragons...

Apr 4, 2017 11:38 PM

Mar 2009
What's this, Shouta? Are you actually warming up to Lucoa? Making things even easier for the doujin artists!

The comedy is always good in this show, of course, but when they bring up a scene like Tohru and Kobayashi's first meeting, I'm reminded why this show is so good - it's all these heartwarming scenes and the bonds between the dragons and humans in their lives.
Apr 5, 2017 12:28 AM

Oct 2008
matias067 said:
This is what I didn't understand, why did Kanna said "NO!"when Tooru called her?

Tooru wanted to sit next to Kobayashi, but because Kanna was there, there was no room for her to squeeze in. Tooru wanted Kanna to move, but she refused.
Apr 5, 2017 10:36 AM

Dec 2012
This one was a home run all around. Very heartwarming moments between Tohru's flashbacks. Favorite part was the conversation with that bandit girl about how even choosing a life of servitude is far more liberating than being forced into set circumstances.

And on another note, I loved that part where Shouta was chasing Lucoa in the demon mask.
Apr 5, 2017 8:27 PM

May 2012
Wonderful episode, really loved to see some more backstory! Really can't wait to see what will happen in the next and sadly last episode of this fantastic anime, after such an cliffhanger ending!
Apr 5, 2017 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Finally learned the full backstory and set-up for the finale with some drama.
Apr 6, 2017 11:14 PM

Oct 2016
Oh wew Tohru seemed to be pretty rude back then, interesting how she changed her mind so fast, also how did Kobayashi pull that big sword out,,,
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Apr 6, 2017 11:37 PM

Mar 2017
It was really great to see Tohru and Miss Kobayashi's first meeting,
as well as a story from Tohru's past, her first encounter with a human.
I was really glad to see the bandit girl got to be a maid, so cute!

It's too bad we didn't get to see much of Elma,
but it seems the next episode will be the last..
I think the dragon coming through the portal will be Tohru's father,

sad this is coming to an end but looking forward to an epic finale!
Apr 8, 2017 5:47 AM

Sep 2014
Drunk Kobayashi so strong :O maybe I should drink more too
Loved to see Tohru's first meeting with Kobayashi. Having both of them drunk cracked me up so hard ^^
Was nice seeing bandit girl as a maid hnnnggg too cute.

Lucoa playing with Shouta was really sweet and him being worried about her :3

Didn't expect that ending, that dragon eye looked menacing damn.
Apr 10, 2017 2:35 AM

Jun 2013
Tohru is doing her best make some delicious omurice.

Lucoa is dressed up to look more decent but her body just sticks out no matter what.

Tohru had to go to the other world to gather foreign ingredients lol.

Shouta missed Lucoa. Panicking like a little bitch.

So THAT'S how Kobayashi accidentally invited Tohru to live with her. I felt sorry for Tohru in her poor state as a dragon with that sword stuck on her back. :(

Fafnir the gaming dragon otaku is so sweet, he took in the laundry and prepared a towel for Takiya.

Kanna was so cute when Tohru was telling her to move "Kanna..." and she immediately said, "Iya!"

Oooh so the bandit Tohru met really became a maid. How nice :D

Uh-oh who's the dragon at the end? D: Just one more episode and this will end TT__TT
臭い-
Apr 10, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
Let me fondle your tits!
Yes!

Best dialogue ever.
Apr 10, 2017 6:52 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Sleepy Kanna is life :)

Really enjoyed the backstory for Kobayashi and Tohru. Who would have imagined Kobayashi goes wild when she's drunk, and yet she's this sweet innocent girl when she's not drunk.
That other girl sure made Tohru have a different perspective of things.

Apr 23, 2017 7:16 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know how it was worded in the sub, but drunk Kobayashi straight up said to Tohru "Let me fondle your tits" in the dub. That was amazing.

It's crazy to see how hostile Tohru once was towards humans compared to how she is now. Being with Kobayashi has really changed her.

I imagine next episode Tohru's father will be making an appearance.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 4, 2017 1:28 PM
Jul 2016
I think that they should have put a little bit more info on there past, but still it was a really good episode
c:
May 4, 2017 5:27 PM

Dec 2016
So like is it confirmed if Kobayashi is lesbian yet...? Cuz she definitely is
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 8, 2017 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
Some lovely flashbacks over here. We finally got to see how these two nerds met, and how they hit it off. And the other flashback added some depth to Tohru, as we now know that the it was thanks to the human bandit that she entertained the idea of breaking free from the eternal struggle in her world.

The first half was nice, too; it tied in with the flashback a little bit, as Kobayashi was feeling nostalgic for the first normal dish Tohru prepared for her.
LeeTailorMay 8, 2017 3:43 AM
May 12, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
The omuraisu part was so silly! Looks like Tohru thinks she's a heroine from a shoujo series or something. lol I liked it when she picked the ingredients for the omuraisu. She cares a lot for Kobayashi and wants to please her. :D
Meanwhile, Shouta is getting fond of Lucoa. Takiya and Fafnir didn't do anything too special, but they're still bros.
Kobayashi's and Tohru's backstory was funny. Tohru's story about meeting the girl from her world was nice.

I wonder what will happen in the next episode. Some sort of dragon invasion from Tohru's world? I hope she can stay with Kobayashi! D:
May 12, 2017 8:24 PM

Dec 2012
lol at Tohru grabbing her tail.
Lucoa slaying that outfit.
Kanna horns and tail coming out.
LMAO at the cockadoodledoo.
Lucoa can roar at me anyday.
LMAO at Kobayashi telling the dude URUSAI!!!!
lol at dragonslayer.
Dem legs. Dat underoppai.
So that's how Kobayashi and Tohru met.
I was about to say Lucoa was on tv, but it was just her seiyuu. lol
lol at Tohru trying to fit in.
lol at Kanna saying no.
Blue eyed Riko?
She became a maid.
Elma.
Sauron?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 23, 2017 2:13 PM

Dec 2015
Their first meeting was freaking hilarious, Kobayashi doesn't hold back when she's drunk xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 28, 2017 3:03 AM

Mar 2015
Finally get to see their conversation when they met. This is how you do backstories!

One episode left :(
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 21, 2017 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
Probably the best episode so far, but that isn't saying much.
Jun 24, 2017 5:31 PM

May 2010
Meh, whenever this show attempts to do heart-warming/kinda sad stuff it pretty much fails :< Didn't really feel that episode.
Jul 14, 2017 2:28 AM

Apr 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
Meh, whenever this show attempts to do heart-warming/kinda sad stuff it pretty much fails

Only time it worked for me

Great week
Jul 23, 2017 8:55 AM

Jun 2012
Their first meeting is gently touching....Kinda makes me smile in three ways.
Aug 7, 2017 9:42 AM
Sep 2016
Nice flashbacks, it was good to see how kobayashi and toru met in detail.
That story about toru's human friend was interesting too, I wonder if they will meet in next ep.

Also this

The real shit wil begin.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

169 by _untitled »»
Mar 31, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

172 by _untitled »»
Mar 30, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.