Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 31, 2017 6:38 AM

Oct 2008
This show has finally ended, and Shumai was yummy!
3/5.
5/10.

Mar 31, 2017 8:26 AM

May 2016
So the god was just ‘mesh’ing with them?
Mar 31, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Undoubtedly one of the worst shows of the season.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 5 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 1, 2017 6:01 AM

Jan 2017
yamiyugi101 said:
i thought it was alright maybe a 5-6/10 there's probably going to be a season 2 who knows

it is getting a prequel, there is already a page on MAL: https://myanimelist.net/anime/35202/Hand_Shakers__Go_ago_Go
Weeble wobble > Weeble wobble
Apr 1, 2017 6:06 AM
Jan 2016
i read the crunchyroll article on it
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Apr 5, 2017 3:29 PM

Feb 2014
Hm... even knowing about the taboos this series wanted to portray this show was very boring... and in the end we don't know about the "God" thing and etc.

LoL, the twins met after a long time but they seemed to not even care that much.

4-5/10
Apr 6, 2017 6:44 AM
Mar 2012
How ziggurat works clearer now. Calm camera today, fight was ok.
Explosive basketballs & poison wolverine, some interesting nimrods.
Occasionally fantastic art & anim, but very inconsistent, weird compositing when it comes to jarring cg, like the art doesn't "mesh."
Banal dialogue adds to the boring pacing.
Music & Tazuna Koyori ship have quality, so not too bad.
Apr 7, 2017 6:01 PM

Feb 2013
The final battle was satisfying.

Positives:
+ Nice beat
+ Flashy battles
+ Unique visuals
+ Kodama

Negatives:
- Weak storytelling

4/10 (below average)
Apr 16, 2017 4:02 PM

Mar 2016
Man this show was really bad, though it had some potential... Won't take me long to forget about it. 3/10 overall.
Apr 17, 2017 9:07 AM

Dec 2012
At least the last two episodes were okay. The only parts that I liked were the SoL moments of the anime. The fights were horrible and boring...
I was waiting something like K, but no, it was just bad with horrible cameras that were moving everywhere.
The highlights of Hand Shakers were the songs, they have a nice relaxing rhythm without giving sleepy.
Please do not make a second season >.<
Apr 17, 2017 12:57 PM
Jan 2016
Finally.... it's over. *deep breath*

OK, so I did like the songs but that was the only thing I remotely liked about this.
The voice acting in Japanese was alright I suppose apart from some high-pitched voices, even the English dub was an average attempt but has boring voices... Could have been better in both languages. (Except singing, that was good)
Fights were sleep-inducing and predictable, and I haven't got a clue what the story was about? I must have zoned out as it was so dull.
Everything else was bland... just... bland.. I'll watch the prequel and then forget about it.

No second season please...
Haisai-sanApr 17, 2017 1:07 PM
Apr 19, 2017 12:06 AM

Jul 2015
Really all the above comments makes me lmfao. This series was, indeed, terrible in almost every way. While I still did sort of find a bit of this entertaining, I just can't help but feel overwhelmed by the many flaws of this anime. Most especially with this finale; talk about rushed hey. I just can't help but laugh when I think about what I just watched.

Overall, I'll give this a 4/10 (and that's being generous).

caught in the wonder
Apr 28, 2017 8:30 PM

May 2010
I'm gonna be that guy who says he actually liked the animation. Plot? Yeah, that was abysmal. But the animation was actually pretty innovative and fun for me to watch! Most of the quality issues were more budget issues than lack of skill or creativity. Once again, I can't say that for the writing department, so it's not like I'm defending the anime as a whole. But simply calling the animation "ugly" or "inconsistent" is IMO doing a disservice to the obviously talented people working on it.
“Money can't buy dere”
May 24, 2017 9:45 PM

Mar 2015
Finally, it's over!!!

That asspull of a 3-second appearance of what could be God was annoying, implying a second season is in the works ugh

4/10, the music was the only highlight. Just wish everyone would stop talking while it played.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 31, 2017 4:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a good ending actually that reflected the main theme and the personality traits of Tazuna and Koyori. The final battle between Tazuna and Koyori and Nagaoka and Mayumi though i felt was pretty well done and arguably the pair were pretty powerful even more so than Kodama and Hibiki. I was also glad that they also managed to save Mayumi as well. I was really surprised that Mayumi actually did have a actual personality that she was able to recover from her contact with Koyori though.

Hmm so Nagaoka has a range attack within his arsenal eh. Good way to start the fight though. Interesting way if attacking though with that pattern snake of his. So that pattern is actually consisted of Mayumi's balls eh. A ball based attack that uses the balls to expand the pattern itself eh. But man the speed of that attack is simply astounding. Hmm as a result of fighting and defeating so many hand shakers and connecting to them afterwards Koyori really has learned a lot and also made a lot of friends in the process. Though it must be hard for her in fighting her own sister its nice to see that she is at least optimistic in managing to defeat her sister though. Man this guy really is fast and the fact that he knows exactly what you will do before you do it is a major advantage for him. Hmm surrounded on both sides eh. Not a good thing actually. Still its nice to see Tazuna still be his usual self though even in the face of this challenge. Man Nagaoka only cares about winning and he doesn't care about the fact that Mayumi will also vanish in time because of the fact that her nimrod is overridden every time she uses it. To this guy victory at any cost is the tactic he's using eh. To Tazuna who values the bonds between people and dislikes the poor treatment of others seeing Nagaoka treat Mayumi like that will of course make him angry and for good reason as well. This had the effect of making both Tazuna and Koyori even more determined to win though. Hmm hand to hand with nimrods eh. Now that was unexpected. Hmm so in addition to being powerful in combat Nagaoka is also a adapt strategist as well eh. Man destroying a whole building that they were both standing on is rather crazy though. Hmm using their own nimrods to create a engine of gears eh smart. Now though both sides have equal maneuverability in the air. The dual in the air though was really well done.

In the end the determination of both Tazuna and Koyori as well as their use of smart tactics was what enabled them to win over Nagaoka. Hmm so Mayumi's loyalty to Nagaoka is strong enough in that she will use all of her remaining strength to protect her partner eh. Hmm while i expected Mayumi to slowly vanish once she used her remaining strength i didn't expect that Tazuna and Koyori can try and stop this process though. Still its a good thing. Hmm so Tazuna and Koyori used their combined abilities to charge both Nagaoka and Mayumi with energy eh. Well it did at least stop Mayumi from vanishing which is a good thing. Well i guess in the end they had already won after all and its in their nature that they will help those in need. Still it is nice that even Nagaoka realized that he couldn't win against them and Mayumi looks reluctant to continue as well. Hmm but still to think that Mayumi's emotions managed to return thanks to that battle though. Lol its funny watching the usually arrogant and self assured Nagaoka get embarrassed when Mayumi revealed his secrets. In the end while Mayumi was kept alive by lies and suggestions at first this was replaced by genuine emotions when Nagaoka started to care for her eh. In the end i guess Nagaoka and Makihara simply had differences of opinion that got out of control before they could really be solved. Still it is nice that this fight ended without incident. Still its nice that both Makihara and Nagaoka have realized the error of their ways though but it will be some time before they can work together it seems. Hmm its nice to see that the rest of the handshakers are doing well even after their defeat though. Its funny seeing the new Mayumi interact with Nagaoka though. It looks like Mayumi is the one that is dictating the moves now though lol but Mayumi sure is pretty. Hmm even bind and break seem to have changed their attitudes to each other as well. Though they didn't get to face god himself it was nice to see how Tazuna and Koyori's bonds and actions have lead them to bring happiness to the other hand shakers that they have faced and once again bring hope and determination back to their lives. It was a good ending though and one that felt appropriate for the series.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2017 4:44 AM

May 2013
so they didn't meet the God? :/
made by bunnyama
Jul 12, 2017 3:39 AM

Nov 2016
Well this was quite the hard slog to go through.. The soundtrack was ok but the characters were bland, the story made no sense, and the animation clashed horribly in places. 3/10
Sep 19, 2017 6:13 AM

Jun 2014
What the fuck did I just watch, this was pointless story wise, nothing happened basically, did seriously just tease a continuation, probably never going to happen though. I only watched this because I wanted to see the unique visual direction this show had and I was not disappointed in that regard, I kind of enjoyed this weird trippy sensory overload. Characters designs were kind of meh, I did like the fashion sense and architecture of the show though. The characters were dumb, bland and pointless.

Well, this was something...

A generous 4/10?
:3
Nov 8, 2017 1:57 AM

Jun 2011
Uhh what.. I can sort of understand why this is being rated so low now.. jeez that felt like a wasted 12 episodes, would've been an okay "introductory arc" if there's more than 12 episodes but there's not. Last episode was really rushed, Daichi's having a chance of heart not because of all the development but because he needed to have one in the final episode, that's how it felt to me.

All the other pairings sucked except for Hayate and Chizuru but it seemed like the story's about to force a romantic relationship between them down our throat as well so there's that.

I've also never seen a story actually handle someone actually learning to speak for the first time past their infancy well, as far as I could remember, and this show is no exception. They made it so cringy everytime Koyori and Mayumi speak.

What a waste of time this animu is.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 5, 2017 7:31 AM

Feb 2015
Well I wasn't expecting Nagaoka's illness as his reason for leaving. The fight in the alt-ziggurat was all right but the end of it felt pretty meh. Pretty boy God at the end made me lol tho.

Overall it feels like this show could have had potential which was let down. I was truly looking forward to a new show by the studio that made K - but K this was not. It was just all right at best, but not as much complete trash as some people have been saying. Worst parts were things like the Hojo incest sibs and gratuitous fan service throughut - best parts - things like the bright GoHands color scheme and the soundtrack.

Dec 31, 2017 5:29 AM
Dec 2017
So handshakers will get to take on God. The premise of the story but it’s never really explained well at all.

My first thought was it wasn’t a literally god. God who they think it is was once a handshaker m. They beat all other hand shakers and then Both handshakers have to fight each other to obtain the god like power. I really believe my theory is right at the end of the episode we get a glimpse at I’m guessing God.

I didn’t totally hate the anime. I honestly watched it because it looked interesting. I feel like they could have explained everything way more than they did. I did like the story of the twins and how they were born in the ziggurat. But the sister barely interact when they finally do see each other again . The finale fight wasn’t as big as I thought it would be.

I really expected the sister to at least embrace, act like sisters. Once they got their memories back. We don’t know why their parents disappeared, but probably is the twins crazy dad who is now god.
I feel like the show has been so predicatedable I could see it happening in season 2.

I hope they do better with season 2. Overall I give it a 6/10 . The show was dull st times but I still want the main characters to win. I like the music and I like the fight scene with the two siblings they fought out o all the fight scenes,
Feb 23, 2018 3:04 AM

Jul 2016
Holy crap, this took me over a year to complete. What torture and I'm not going to lie. At some point, I started watching this anime at 1.25x speed to get it over with or I would have never been able to finish this...

I did not like a single character and there was literally no development apart from "you defeated me and revealed I we were wrong. We're now good people so let's be friends". The single purpose of the story was completely missed, which was the fight against God and I have no freaking clue why the protagonists even want to do so.
I won't even mention the visuals and sound as they were equally terrible as well.

This was definitely one of the worst anime I watched in 2017. I'd give it a 2/10 but to be honest this was very close to becoming 1/10 material. It was that bad.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

May 27, 2019 10:11 PM

Jun 2012
The story wound up being pointless, I dont even understand why they were fighting. Nagaoka and Mayumi's relationship is creepy as hell and it seems like she has Stockholm syndrome. I liked the laid-back episodes, most of the anime was crap but the music was consistently good. Took me 2 years to finish this and I'm in no rush to start the W'z sequel.
Apr 8, 2020 3:25 PM

Jun 2016
i like the clap sound at 9:27 minute, it's a very strong clap sound

3/10 too much hand shake

Jul 27, 2020 8:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. So thats it.

Overall, i put it as simple as it shall be. A mean rate. So, here my final judgement : 3+6+6+6+5= 5.2/10.

Thats it my simpliest scoring i've ever made. I feel sorry. But the truth must be spoken.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 17, 2022 10:03 PM
Jan 2017
CG? ANIMATION? could have been better.
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Dec 2022
Nagaoka was disaptched more easily than I expected.

Another really good anime, and probably underrated to a certain extent. I thought the two main characters were plenty likeable and sufficiently realised, with a dynamic soundtrack and fun character interactions. The battles were usually a spectacle for the eyes too. The animation can really let it down at times though; in some scenes, characters can be near the centre of the screen in the foreground, and they'll just mysteriously vanish in the next frame even if they haven't walked offscreen. The animation also became visibly choppy at random intervals, which took away from the viewing experience. The ending lacked flare or excitement either.

Fortunately, aside from the under-baked ending, the rest of the premise was delivered in a way that was both digestible and entertaining. Even the animation, though having many flaws in its experimentalism and variable framerate, often impressed me with a certain mystique it had. Many of the set pieces for action sequences in particular had a saturated flare to them that only this series really has the visual direction to pull off. In a way, I found it more beautiful than many of the more highly regarded, esoteric avant-garde anime out there.
Archean-ReturnYesterday, 9:21 AM

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2017

34 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.