Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2017 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this finale concludes the final battle that were built up from the recent episodes...

Overall, I guess they tried? The highlight for me was the music though as everything else was straight too straightforward. As expected, it resolved peacefully in the end as everyone moves on with their lives.

Man, this show was just...terrible. I can't find anything good about the story or the characters. Soundtrack wise though, they did an alright job. Everything else is so forgettable.
Stark700Mar 29, 2017 8:37 AM
Mar 28, 2017 9:51 AM

Aug 2015
Could this series be less predictable? o_0

1.5/10
TuyNOMMar 28, 2017 9:54 AM
Mar 28, 2017 10:43 AM
Jan 2016
i thought it was alright maybe a 5-6/10 there's probably going to be a season 2 who knows
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Mar 28, 2017 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
This appalling show is finally finished. Good riddance to bad rubbish. 1/10
Mar 28, 2017 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
A battle against Mayumi using Temari bouncing balls. It could be more exciting if only she make ball's trajectory less predictive or maybe make a character die in that battle.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 28, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2016
Well, I describe the series as DIFFERENT.
I never have seen such a kind of a Show. The series breaks all taboos and acts on me, as if they want to score purely through animation and maybe musik.

The final fight was lame for me (even the explosion faded to nothing), but i like some Tazuna/Koyori team pictures, they are cool and sweet together.

Since I really like nice animations, I give the series a well-meant 5/10.
Mar 28, 2017 11:01 AM
Mar 2017
Did...they...just...finish with a cliffhanger?
This is definitely the perfect example of how not to make a show. We got:

• a boring battle.The final boss's power is freaking exploding balls and kimono patterns that hurt them.
  • Awful animation.That moment when Koyori and MC fly up a horribly rendered building while not moving at all, or that scene when the camera moves around a group of students that disappear from frame to frame.
  • CGI balls with weiird sound effects and framerate that doesn't mesh with the rest of the animation.
  • The story went with a generic 'Everyone's happy because we held hands together' ending that didn't answer the most important questions, and turns out they spoiled who God was in the last episode's preview.
  • We got a recap of everyone's gimmick. Exactly what I've always wanted

Final Impressions
The premise was interesting at the beginning, but it never felt like it mattered or had any importance to the story, which of course went with the generic happy ending that leaves lot of stuff without explanation. The fact that the best character in the show is the one that doesn't speak a line for more than half of it speaks volumes about the dialogues. And of course they had to use annoying gimmicks to give the characters any identity.
About the visuals, I like the artstyle, but the horribly executed camera and CGI ruins it. The artstyle also keeps getting worse as the show goes on, they probably used up all the budget on the first episode. Photoshopping fire GIFs into some of the scenes doesn't help either.
Overall, it feels completely generic, with the unique things it tries bringing it down. Definitely a 4/10.
Mar 28, 2017 11:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay finale but this series hasn't done anything good at all and they never even went anywhere with the god thing (I don't even remember or know who that was at the end)

4-5/10 for me
Mar 28, 2017 11:09 AM

Dec 2016
Nothing really to say that i already havent. Was mostly trash from start to finish although they did hit a high point when they went slice of life mode. Story was hard to follow and characters were annoying af. Music was decent. 2/10
Mar 28, 2017 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
This is the exact same problem that happened with Masamune-kun no Revenge's ending. The whole story was about Masamune getting revenge, which was established from the beginning, and in the end, the revenge never happened (granted, there's still more story that needs to be covered so I suppose it's a little acceptable....kind of).

Relating that to this show, the whole point was to be the best Hand Shaker duo and meet/challenge God.....and that didn't even happen. We never even saw God until the last second of the show. Pretty pointless to even have that aspect when they went nowhere with it.

Horrible show, there's literally, absolutely NOTHING positive I can say about this anime. Not only did I not care about the story or the characters, but this was visual cancer. 1/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2017 11:42 AM

Aug 2016
I liked this anime, the OST was amazing. the animation didn't bother me to much. The story could have been better but it isn't to bad.

My final score enden on 7.47/10, so a 7/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 28, 2017 12:03 PM
Jan 2017
This series is just crap. It's finally finished! 1/10
Mar 28, 2017 12:32 PM

Feb 2008
The final line in the show made me smile. "So you're a...Hand Shaker, heh"

A shame it's getting a sequel, hopefully just a movie like K did. I still want closure on the whole story, but doubt I'd tune in for the second season. I'm sure the two fans of this show on MAL are overjoyed with this turn of events.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 28, 2017 1:02 PM
Sep 2016
There are season 2
This is not the end of this anime
Mar 28, 2017 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Ah!! Finally this is.... OVER for me!! Oh now I am feeling sooo dammit happy! :D
Anyway allow me to say something regarding this anime imho.
The show was already settled predictable that what will happen to the end.Well forget about predictable, there is NOOO sense of dark plot!! All is do optional fight which won't just affect anything in the real world.What a let down it was.
But to be honest,I too loved the battle with the chilling soundtrack which could entertained me... BUT after battle, we witness the forbidden love scene! LoL. I guess that's our the future we might see.The characters development was too annoying although they aren't one dimentional.

Way too many things to say but I am glad that reviewers note those issue that was on my mind.One of my lowest anime score I am giving...3/10.But yeah I am generous but this one was way too much tho.Overall, I only appreciate for watching this anime was that of battles and I felt really pleasure(for which one added one point to the final score), although the last battle wasn't that impressive since Mikihara already spoiled us that they will win for sure.

Conclusion:

Stupid GoHands!! I was a big fan of K and this was seriously seriously seriously letdown!! Don't continue anymore K series and I gotta re-rewatch K again.
removed-userMar 28, 2017 5:19 PM
Mar 28, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, I'm half surprised that they ended the series on a cliffhanger with the god character appearing more a few seconds at the end. A bit of a waste I have to say...

For the whole show itself, it was overly ambitious, but it didn't do a good job on its ambitions at all. The only things the show was good at was the background detail and the soundtrack, which was admittedly catchy at times.

However, it was let down by slightly weak characters, a story that didn't go anywhere until the last three or so episodes, but most of all, was the awkwardness of the animation during the fights. It looked like a total mess at its worst. >_<

Plus the fish-eye lens on certain scenes were a little unnecessary as well.

I will watch the prequel for completion reasons. After that, I hope I don't watch another show as much of a letdown as this one was.

3/10. =/
Mar 28, 2017 2:35 PM

Apr 2016
You know what? Fuck this show. I don't even care anymore. This is as pathetically written and structured as any other episode, and was a terrible finale to an already retarded piece of shit. Fuck Hand Shakers and the studio that made this bullshit.

1/5 for the episode

0/10 for this abomination of a show.
CodeBlazeFateMay 2, 2018 6:39 AM
Mar 28, 2017 3:49 PM
Feb 2017
I thnk this final boss was not bad :/

OMG I love this final
Working on the future things.

Mar 28, 2017 3:55 PM

Apr 2015
What a waste of time XD
Mar 28, 2017 4:42 PM

Dec 2014
Just as I expected, they proceed to not meet God. I had no idea what went on all throughout the episode, and the last ten minutes were incredibly pointless as was pretty much the whole show. At least I got some good laughs.

I don't feel right giving it a 4, so a 3 it is.
I need sleep.
Mar 28, 2017 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
Some of the art was nice, but the animation was jarring to watch. Characters were annoying af. Boring plot. Music didn't fit at all. 2/10
Mar 28, 2017 4:56 PM

Sep 2010
SkyDrop said:

Stupid GoHands!! I was a big fan of K and this was seriously seriously seriously letdown!! Don't continue anymore K series and I gotta re-rewatch K again.

Hand Shakers is a stand alone series it has absolutely nothing to do with the K universe or with K in any way shape or form.

Now that this garbage is finished can we please have K: Seven Kings now?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 28, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2015
IT'S FINALLY OVER.

Terrible, simple as that.

3/10.

Mar 28, 2017 5:51 PM

Jul 2014
I liked the opening, I liked Koyori and...

Like, I don't think it was that bad but just... meh.
SkyLETVJan 5, 2019 9:55 PM
Mar 28, 2017 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
That was an experience.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 28, 2017 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
phew, am i glad this show is over. now i don't have to suffer each tuesday. :')

1/10
Mar 28, 2017 8:36 PM

Jun 2014
Really enjoyed this one! Loved the OST, liked the characters, animation is a lot like "K" and the story wasn't amazing by any means but it was good! 8/10
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 28, 2017 9:14 PM

Apr 2009
Eh... for me, I guess this show wasn't as bad as generally perceived... but it sure did end on a sour note.

One thing good about this show was its pretty, pretty visuals... after getting used to it first, that is. I can't expect everyone who watch this show to overcome the hurdle of oversaturated colors and messy animations that can induce nausea... but IMO it does look kinda pretty once you overcome that.

Animation, especially on that finale battle... was okay.

Sounds and BGM were quite nice... I guess the only thing that's actually done well.

But the plot... oh the plot... especially the goddang dialogues... they make no sense what so ever, especially on this last episode. It felt so heavy handed, so ham-fisted, and so awkward that I just wanted it to stop. Are the characters really talking to each other, or just reciting some lousy poem to themselves? What is this Sorcery, and what the eff are they even talking about??

Honestly, I can't see a second season for this, even with a cliffhanger.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 28, 2017 10:31 PM
Sep 2016
Plot could have been improved as well as the sloppy animation. Sound was okay as well. I probably only enjoyed seeing how much Koyori has grown.
Mar 28, 2017 11:34 PM

Feb 2010
This show is just meh. It isn't as bad as people make it seems, it's actually digestible. Each episode doesn't feel like an eternity nor do I want to rip my hair out. The music was pretty dull too despite what others would say is the only good thing about it. The animation was interesting to an extent and they took no time to quickly displayed their work in early episodes but really just fell off and got lazy as the series went on. And the nerve they actually assume it'll get somewhere and already mass produced endless merchandise for this series. Really? 5/10 from my ratings using MAL's labels but equating it to the general MAL user rating, an average 6.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2017 1:57 AM

Apr 2013
really awful series, only good thing about it was ED, so glad it's over
Mar 29, 2017 4:07 AM
Jun 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
You know what? Fuck this show. I don't even care anymore. This is as pathetically written and structured as any other episode, and was a terrible finale to an already retarded piece of shit. Duck Hand Shakers and the studio that made this bullshit.

1/5 for the episode

1/10 for this abomination of a show.

Are you hating the series because is fun to hate??
Mar 29, 2017 4:12 AM

Apr 2016
88expert said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
You know what? Fuck this show. I don't even care anymore. This is as pathetically written and structured as any other episode, and was a terrible finale to an already retarded piece of shit. Duck Hand Shakers and the studio that made this bullshit.

1/5 for the episode

1/10 for this abomination of a show.

No. I hate it because it gave me so many reasons to hate it by the end of episode 1 (only for it to keep piling on), and while yes, I get a kick out of giving it the flak it deserves, it's not because it's fun, it's because it intellectually offended me and infuriated me to no end.
CodeBlazeFateMay 2, 2018 6:40 AM
Mar 29, 2017 4:35 AM
Jun 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
88expert said:

No. I hate it because it gave me so many reasons to hate it by the end of episode 1 (only for it to keep piling on), and while yes, I get a kick out of giving it the flak it deserves, it's not because it's fun; it's because it intellectually offended me and infuriated me to no end.

But out of the works by GoHand this is probably the strongest (well... except seitokai yakuindomo)
Mar 29, 2017 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
88expert said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
No. I hate it because it gave me so many reasons to hate it by the end of episode 1 (only for it to keep piling on), and while yes, I get a kick out of giving it the flak it deserves, it's not because it's fun; it's because it intellectually offended me and infuriated me to no end.

But out of the works by GoHand this is probably the strongest (well... except seitokai yakuindomo)
88expert said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

That gives me plenty to worry about.
Mar 29, 2017 5:06 AM
Jun 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
88expert said:

88expert said:

You should try K and coppelion
Mar 29, 2017 5:09 AM

Apr 2016
88expert said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Someday I'll do K. I'm sure I won't hate it as much, but man, GoHands really makes somebad shows from what I've heard (and Hand Shakers was not a pleasant first anime of the studio that I watched).
Mar 29, 2017 5:12 AM
Jun 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
88expert said:

Someday I'll do K. I'm sure I won't hate it as much, but man, GoHands really makes somebad shows from what I've heard (and Hand Shakers was not a pleasant first anime of the studio that I watched).

They did Seitokai yakuindomo which is actually good
Mar 29, 2017 5:20 AM
Jun 2016
Well.... I'm going to miss the defending the series.

A battle between Tazuna, Koyori, Nagaoka and Mayumi and... MAN!! THAT FIGHT WAS ANTICLIMACTIC!!! Like seriously, Nagaoka and Mayumi are close to meeting god and they lose way too easily. However beside that fight which I have issue. Is just finding closure for all the characters as they move on with their lives.

We also get to see Rei and Bind again which I'm glad we get to see a bit of an inside to them but not much which is disappointing that we didn't get a little more about them.

Other than the complain I have from this episode, I still enjoy it and I'll give it an 8/10.

Also we are getting more in the summer season about the guy at the end. So I can't wait for that
Mar 29, 2017 5:26 AM

Apr 2016
88expert said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Haven't heard of it until now.
Mar 29, 2017 5:28 AM
Jun 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
88expert said:

Here you go
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8675/Seitokai_Yakuindomo?q=seitokai%20
Mar 29, 2017 5:32 AM

Apr 2016
88expert said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Here you go
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8675/Seitokai_Yakuindomo?q=seitokai%20
Thanks for the link. After a break from anime, I'll probably watch this at some point.
Mar 29, 2017 6:29 AM

Nov 2011

awwww AWWWWW AWWWWWWW I LOVED IT!!!!

Mar 29, 2017 7:14 AM

May 2015
uggh

Kinda glad this is over..... but wait, that was obviously S2 bait, but why? Why would they bother with an S2 after this mess?
Mar 29, 2017 7:31 AM
Mar 2015
You have to give them credits where they are due as especially the environment design which is the one reason that i manage to watch finish this anime. This is one of the reason why i watch Go hand anime, nobody did environmental design like they do

The BGM used in fight scenes are good but the fight scene is self is intolerable. I felt i watching the fight scene in 30 fps instead of 60 fps.

Overall, the environmental design is done quite close to realistic and BGM is awesome.

Unfortunate, Go hand try to apply the same formula they used in K-Project to Hand Shaker which fail spectacularly.

Plus the inconsistent in plot and overall predictable ending and the intolerable fight scenes.

What could becoming one of the more popular anime this season was into your average action anime with no real story behind just using epic fight scene to retain viewer.

This anime deserve 5/10. The saving grace is the environmental design and the BGM.

If not for those 2 components, it will be 3-4/10.
Mar 29, 2017 2:47 PM
Sep 2016
Thank god it's finally it's over! One of the hardest shows I've experienced watching up to this point. 3/10
Mar 30, 2017 1:16 AM
Feb 2017
For those who think there is a sequel:
The cliff-hanger is only prepared to the prequel(or ep13), which is released in July. Therefore, (in my opinion,) although it is possible, there is a high chance that sequel is not going to be aired.

Btw is there any problem to end a story by a cliff-hanger? That's what The Maze Runners does.
Mar 30, 2017 12:33 PM

Jul 2015
ewww... i was kind of disappointed by the ending, i mean there should've been something more and that was so simple.
The music, animation i like all of that from the series but i was expecting some sort of conclusion in the end.
I wanted to lower my score to 7 because of the ending but nah.. 8/10 it was a good show :)
Mar 30, 2017 2:46 PM
Jun 2014
Well I managed to extract some enjoyment from Hand Shakers in the end, by watching the last few episodes at 2x speed and getting the odd giggle out of the chipmunk voices. Shame that the soundtrack and art style had to be wasted on such a burning dumpster fire of a series.
Mar 30, 2017 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
Oh well. The only thing I can note about this show is that I'm glad Koyori and Tazuna have a healthy relationship with each other. For someone like Koyori and what she had been through, I'm glad she was partnered with Tazuna who is genuinely concerned and caring for her. I'm also glad they mutually support each other too in the way they can despite their limitations. I'm happy to see them improve as people. God bless healthy relationships.
allo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2017

34 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.