Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2017 7:57 PM
Dec 2016
This season will be my introduction to Natsume. Now my two favorite series are Mushishi and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, so i'm sure I'll adore this too. It seems nobody is watching this! It's a repeat of Mushishi Zoku Shou all over again. :(
Mar 27, 2017 8:00 PM
Dec 2016
It's not that, I understand it hasn't aired but I've seen no hype for this. I've been watching what Youtubers will be watching and almost everyone is skipping this.
Mar 27, 2017 8:11 PM
Dec 2016
Well i'm definitely excited to finally get into it, I heard it's more like Mushishi than YKK, regardless I'll watch this
deactivated-171209Mar 27, 2017 8:45 PM
Mar 27, 2017 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
You're gonna watch season 6 before 1...? What?
Mar 29, 2017 4:17 PM
Jul 2013
Definitely start with season 1, this anime is all about how characters develop, and tbh you'll ruin it for yourself if you start here. It's not super much to get through seasons 1 - 5, and it's definitely worth it!
Mar 30, 2017 2:35 AM

Sep 2014
Oxalias said:
MonkeyMeditation said:
It's not that, I understand it hasn't aired but I've seen no hype for this. I've been watching what Youtubers will be watching and almost everyone is skipping this.
It's a pretty calm anime, and it's more popular in Japanland than in western countries Iirc, but anime youtubers are generally pretty shit, and there job is to pander to the greater anime audience so they generate more views / income, if they were elist retards for example, no one would watch them, or it would be significantly less.

nice roast to anime youtubers!! i think the same. Generally most anime Youtubers haven't even met the 1000 mark of completed animes, therefore their opinion doesnt render well with experience and will therefore skip out on the hidden gems.

Anyways i'm definitely hyped up for Natsume Yuujnchou 6, was waiting for the 5th to come out since like the 4th season ended. Nice to see a 1 year gap in production rather than a 4 year gap to keep fans waiting
Mar 30, 2017 2:50 AM

Jul 2015
BakaKuro said:

nice roast to anime youtubers!! i think the same. Generally most anime Youtubers haven't even met the 1000 mark of completed animes, therefore their opinion doesnt render well with experience and will therefore skip out on the hidden gems.

1000 completed entries is a fucking lot tho, so not surprised, nor I think it needs to be that high to have an opinion.

And tbh I wouldn't call Natsume "a hidden gem" at all, and more seeing how many entries in the MAL top list it has and the #208 place in popularity of the first season, it's just that Natsume is very episodic with that much development in reality, not everyone is interested in watching that, and even less in bothering to catch up with a series of that type that already has 5 seasons available.
Mar 30, 2017 3:46 AM

Sep 2014
yeah so
MetaThPr4h said:
BakaKuro said:

1000 completed entries is a fucking lot tho, so not surprised, nor I think it needs to be that high to have an opinion.

And tbh I wouldn't call Natsume "a hidden gem" at all, and more seeing how many entries in the MAL top list it has and the #208 place in popularity of the first season, it's just that Natsume is very episodic with that much development in reality, not everyone is interested in watching that, and even less in bothering to catch up with a series of that type that already has 5 seasons available.
shouldn't have called it a hidden gem, its more like one of those animes people avoid when they look at the genres eg. slice of life, shoujo
Mar 30, 2017 3:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... I mean it *is* the sixth season of a rather niche anime, of course there won't be very many people watching it. And those that actually will watch it are the ones that have stuck around with the franchise for this long already, in which case pretty much everyone is on the same page regarding what it is and what it is not so there's not a whole lot to discuss about it. Natsume Yuujinchou is a very simple and self-explanatory anime at heart anyway
Mar 30, 2017 9:05 AM

Aug 2015
@MonkeyMeditation This is the series I expect the most for Spring 2017, far ahead of SnK or BnHA. ^_^
Mar 31, 2017 8:20 AM

Oct 2014
Don't watch anything that has less viewer just to make yourself "unique". And yeah, even if you don't, you should watch it starting from season 1. Really, it's such a captivating anime, you'll finish the first 5 seasons before you know it. What makes this show so enjoyable is how we see the main characters progress slow but surely.
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Mar 31, 2017 10:06 PM

Dec 2012
Such a good anime. Please start from the top and work your way down, you're in for a treat.
Apr 1, 2017 1:37 AM
Jul 2016
No hype? Dude Natsume has solid fandom, especially in Japan. Weird if you think no one watching if there's season 6 already.
Apr 1, 2017 9:43 AM
Apr 2016
I'm really excited for this season but I know what you mean. Haven't seen anyone talk about it aside from Crunchyroll tweeting about it once or twice.
Apr 1, 2017 1:45 PM

Dec 2013
It's a really good anime you should start with season 1 from now.
Apr 1, 2017 11:57 PM

Mar 2015
i've loved this series to bits ever since i started following it 7+ yrs ago lol i rewatch it all the time (rn too, actually)

it's just never been a 'fandom' experience for me, so the news was something to quietly be happy about and look forward to? if that makes sense.

it's not really the live-blogging, livestream at n jst, lots of new hcs-and-meta-posts-every-wednesday type of anime (think snk, yoi, etc.), but that doesn't mean people aren't watching.

Apr 3, 2017 9:49 AM

Jan 2010
just wish they use old studio... the new/current one is a bit sloppy in animation work.. ;~;

Apr 4, 2017 11:10 AM

Nov 2012
Season 6 came much faster than the other seasons haha (not complaining)
maybe all the hype was spent on season 5 (i mean cmon who wasn't excited to know the natsume is coming back after so many years ;-; lots of people were alr thinking it might not continue anymore ;~;)
Apr 6, 2017 10:41 AM
Jan 2017
most relaxing anime ever so fun to watch
Apr 8, 2017 8:26 PM
Aug 2015
I got what you are trying to comply here. Natsume isnt like other mainstream anime such snk got the rating yet just one or two episode. Eventhoug in mal at least 5 or 4 episode need to be watched before reviewed, its all hype. I did wait for it, because i love how calming the story is
Apr 8, 2017 8:36 PM

May 2010
"nobody is watching this"
This entry has 16k members. That's enough number of Natsume fans in MAL for me.
Episode discussion won't be filled with shitposter too.
Apr 10, 2017 11:46 PM

Jul 2015
I'm happy with the small number tbh. Shows that even if it isn't within the bigger shows, there's still people who love it and appreciate it. Of course I'd wish there was more people watching it, but it's not something that appeals to everyone.
Apr 11, 2017 2:04 AM

Sep 2015
A hype-less anime wouldn't get six seasons. Natsume Yuujinchou has a massive and very steady following in Japan. The manga is still going strong. Volume 20 and 21 was in the top 100 in manga sales by volume in 2016. All the over-hyped manga (that were also adapted into anime) are in that list too. Manga sales are one of the prime factors that influence studios to pick up adaptations.

AoiMizu said:
just wish they use old studio... the new/current one is a bit sloppy in animation work.. ;~;

The team who worked on Natsume and Durarara from the beginning has separated from Brain's Base and formed Shuka. Yeah, they're not going to have all the resources and facilities from the start, but it's a thousand times better to have the same people work on it rather than having just the name of the old studio and some completely random guys continue the work. Personally, I wouldn't acknowledge any other person directing Natsume, I'm a Takahiro Omori supporter all the way.

Apr 11, 2017 3:35 AM

Oct 2012
I know that Natsume Yuujinchou has a lot of seasons but you should still watch it from season 1. You would be missing out on a lot of plot development and character development if you skip all the seasons and start with this one. Actually, I finished four seasons before the fifth started airing in a few days, it's manageable.

Anyways, I'm really excited to see the new season.
Apr 11, 2017 5:05 AM
Jan 2017
Wait, Natsume Yuujinchou is popular in Japan? Does anyone have a source for that?
Apr 11, 2017 7:34 AM
Jul 2010
I agree with everyone that watching this series should be started from season 1. Though the series is mostly episodic, there's a lot of character development going on and also while episodic, there's an overarching story going in the background that gives sense to it all.
Apr 11, 2017 5:02 PM

Nov 2007
Yes, I am nobody and I am watching it.

And yes, Natsume is really fuckin popular in Japan, I promise. I'm pretty sure it was up there with SNK when they asked Japanese people which anime are they expecting the most this season (and it was like that for previous seasons too).
Apr 12, 2017 6:30 AM
Jan 2017
jacidesu said:
eyesalad said:
Wait, Natsume Yuujinchou is popular in Japan? Does anyone have a source for that?

Source: my own eyes in Japan.

It produces tons of merchandise, has cafe collaborations (there was an Animate Cafe one last time I was in Tokyo and there was a huge pop-up shop in the entrance of a popular home goods store), and seasonal Ichiban Kuji lotteries for exclusive goods. It's bringing in enough money to warrant renewing for another season and continuing to make new merchandise seasonally.

Anime is a business. No show, no matter how good it is, is going to make it to 6 seasons if people aren't watching it.

Oh, neat. I thought it might be one of those shows that only makes money off of a niche audience.
Apr 12, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2015
I'm not watching it, but i will when it finish. I'm not so hype but i really like Natsume. I watched one season per day.
Apr 13, 2017 4:14 PM

Jul 2013
Wait, there are Anime Youtubers? and they are skipping this show? No seriously I am quite oblivious to this part of YT but I could never trust someone calling himself an expert on anime (what I would think it means when he is a ANime Yter) who doesnt watch this show. Would be like they never watched GitS or something like that.
To the question "Is this series popular in Japan?" Of course it is, otherwise there wouldn't be 6 fuckin seasons. Which makes me question everyone who hasn't seen it even more.
Apr 13, 2017 9:43 PM

Jul 2015
Well I don't care about no hype for Natsume by some people, because we. the fans of this franchise already hyped it for so long. And I love Natsume Yuujinchou fanbase, no fight and really peaceful.
And if could, it would be really nice without some kids or trolls watching this series.
Apr 15, 2017 12:28 PM

Jul 2015
I'll definitely watch when i finish Natsume Go
"I died long ago. This is just a bad dream"
Apr 15, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2010
um why don't you watch it on order?
Apr 15, 2017 4:51 PM

Jan 2015
Aika said:
its not really relevant if you watch it in order or not anyways. The anime adaptation itself isnt in order
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 15, 2017 5:43 PM

May 2010
AIDSKrillex said:
Aika said:
its not really relevant if you watch it in order or not anyways. The anime adaptation itself isnt in order

i mean the show is episodic but there's many characters that keep coming back and he won't know who they are like the stuff with reiko, natori, matoba etc
Apr 17, 2017 3:50 AM
Jan 2017
Well for now i have no time for this and also i havn't seen previous season. I will watch this series later
May 2, 2017 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
I've to catch up 3-4 seasons...at some point~
May 2, 2017 2:39 PM

Jun 2010
Mushishi or Natsume?
May 6, 2017 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
eyesalad said:

http://www.charapedia.jp/research/0161/

Small sample size but there, Natsume Yuujinchou is popular here.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

109 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:11 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 13, 2017

37 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:43 AM

» Season 7 announced

MegamiRem - Jun 30, 2023

13 by Cammedham »»
Jul 3, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

119 by helennaaj »»
May 17, 2023 11:51 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 9, 2017

82 by JebaUzumaki »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.