Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2017 1:22 PM

May 2008
I'm glad Kobayashi finally got himself some shoes.
May 30, 2017 1:08 PM
May 2010
Finished watching a while ago but I pretty much did it for Kobayashi and well it turned out to be
gayer than I expected this to be, sadly the series did nothing to wow me in particular
and there was so much that could've been better but wasn't, atleast Kobayashi was an angel throughout.
Jun 2, 2017 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
sabi-chan said:
Finally this trainwreck is over... the last episode was so bad, nothing made any sense and we still don't know anything important about Kobayashis powers...

I'm late to the party and Im sure somebody has explained it to you, but the why's of Kobayashi's powers were explained, albeit poorly. His powers stemmed from extreme stress while he was in that house near the amusement park. The strength of his power is inverse to his will to live. If he wants to live his powers weaken, and if he wants to die they grow stronger. There was no good in-universe explanation on why people get powers.

I agree though. This series was a trainwreck and left a lot of questions unanswered. My most pressing one was why they placed so much significance on his bloody footprints?
Jun 5, 2017 3:42 AM

Jul 2010
Shirasho said:
sabi-chan said:
Finally this trainwreck is over... the last episode was so bad, nothing made any sense and we still don't know anything important about Kobayashis powers...

I'm late to the party and Im sure somebody has explained it to you, but the why's of Kobayashi's powers were explained, albeit poorly. His powers stemmed from extreme stress while he was in that house near the amusement park. The strength of his power is inverse to his will to live. If he wants to live his powers weaken, and if he wants to die they grow stronger. There was no good in-universe explanation on why people get powers.

I agree though. This series was a trainwreck and left a lot of questions unanswered. My most pressing one was why they placed so much significance on his bloody footprints?

I know how his power works, but that still doesn't make any sense to me and still leaves me with so many important questions. He randomly got this "super useful" power, when he was abused by his father, but because of being inverse to his will to live, it only makes Kobayashis life worse. So it's more like a curse for having a bad father anyway?! So where does this "power" come from? And why just him? What is the sense in this power anyway? (You usually get powers to overcome something, to save something, ... and if it's a curse... how can you get a curse for just being a child?) Is there any way, he can get rid of it? Why he and twenty-faces seem to be the only two people with powers? And I could come up with like 9482 more questions to this show, but I don't remember anymore :D

I guess the footprints where just there for being there... No further meaning like so many other parts of this show...
Maybe we get a second season, but I don't know if I could bare watching it :D
Jul 4, 2017 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
I wish it has more episodes to explain some things, but was a great anime! The final scenes were awesome, even more with the ost. And I loved Hanasaki and Kobayashi ready to die together, but now Kobayashi don't want to die, he wants to enjoy life.
Oct 12, 2017 5:09 PM

Aug 2011
sabi-chan said:

OMG!!! I agree... this totally derailed from the first episode and ended in a head-on collision of crap. Seriously... Face gets away with everything he's done and, let's not get me started on Akechi (WTF, man). Why didn't you just go along with the program from the get-go, it would have saved some lives.

The only plus side to this ending was Kobayashi is still alive and in the club.

My rating dropped from an 8 to a 6 - too much testosterone.
Oct 18, 2017 3:52 AM

Aug 2014
The First 2:13minutes, Intro with that badass soundtrack and the narrative + kobayashi being so cool ... i was soooooo hyped, excited... it looked very interesting... but slowly. little by little it just went became MEH and as the Episodes went on.. i droped my expectations and just watched for the fun of it

TheDiabolicEsperOct 18, 2017 4:03 AM

Nov 1, 2017 11:38 AM
Dec 2013
Can someone please tell me what happened to the female detective that shot her partner out of everything in this shitty anime that's the only thing that's in the back of my mind that keeps popin up and I'm sick of it
Oct 1, 2018 7:19 AM
Sep 2018
I think it was interesting, it made you want to watch more to find out what's happening but I agree with the comments that it didn't make sense, nothing was really cleared up on the last episode...it was good, impactful and was a good suspense with the twists....if anything we now have more questions, I wouldn't rewatch it but if there was a second series I might give it a try, I like the characters, a lot of nice boys to look at, if you haven't watched it you should give it a try.
Caz loves yaoi
Jun 28, 2021 10:06 AM
Mar 2021
It is not bad. But I wanted an epic ending. This is mostly like a semi-epic ending. In my opinion there can be a big mind game that could shocked us.
velocitydJun 28, 2021 10:10 AM
Oct 31, 2023 8:05 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Aaaaahhh really wasting time, I don't even understand why I watch it till the end, the story is doesn't properly explained and the animation sometimes hilarious, what happens to those that have been brainwashed ? are there back to normal or what ? This anime Really miserable on it ways 4/10
Dec 21, 2023 7:46 PM
Dec 2019
I liked this series. However I will say the creators left alot of gaps in the story and only gave a little bit of context for the viewers to use to fill in the spaces. For example:

1. 20 faces didn't have a gift. He literally was just a master manipulator and they showed in detail how he would get people to kill themselves or other people in the episodes where he captured Hanasaki.

2. 20 faces had an unrequited love for akechi and it can be debated that in the past the two had a some weird deep romance/soul connection thing but ultimately akechi rejected him which led to 20 faces going Hella crazy to get him to acknowledge him. In the last episode akechi gives in to whatever deep gay shit he had hidden deep inside himself lol.Oh he also finally realeases the boy detectives because he truly did not give an actual shit about them or he didnt care for them in the proper way and had to reconcile the trauma their association with him caused by leaving permanently.

3. Koboyashi developed psychic powers because he was abused. I don't think there is supposed to be an actual deeper explanation for this mainly because Kobayashi's powers are symbolic/metaphorical

All in all it's not the greatest story there's alot of legit deep shit in it. it just needed to be fleshed out better. Also the scene where kobyashi and hanasaki fall out of the sky was the best. I had one tear run down my cheek because kobyashi finally made a connection.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2017

24 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:14 AM

» Worth your time ?

SilverFever - Sep 22, 2017

8 by Maackkk »»
Feb 2, 2021 2:46 AM

» has this anime improved any since the first few episodes?

metadata - Nov 14, 2016

17 by SofiaBulga »»
Oct 23, 2019 2:18 AM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2016

42 by PrideRoyalIvy »»
Sep 12, 2018 7:30 AM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2016

42 by PrideRoyalIvy »»
Sep 12, 2018 3:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.