Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's one hell of a battle they actually had going on this episode. This was no doubt the most serious episode yet so far in the show. Vega also showed his true colors.

It's like Chuuta was battling with his life on the line. Chuuta made his team proud. I wish they didn't rush the storytelling at the end like though. Overall, the show was okay. Personally, I think a 2-cour would of been better.

Stark700Mar 26, 2017 9:11 AM
Mar 26, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2013
Well, this series was a waste of time...
Mar 26, 2017 10:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The first 3 episodes were a pain to get through but I must say that once Chuuta's childhood friend was revealed to be alive, this series became a lot more enjoyable and the finale replicated that well imo

Personally I don't think we need another season of this but I wouldn't mind getting one either

6/10 overall for me
Mar 26, 2017 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
Decent fight with Chuuta and Vega. Figured he was the spy. Good job to Chuuta for arresting him. He did well. It wasn't a good series overall though.
Mar 26, 2017 10:17 AM

Sep 2015
As I thought this is filler.

Hoping for season 2 yo. The next arc(saddest and longest chapters) from the manga going to be sooo good.
Mar 26, 2017 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed it tbh
considering to read the manga
6/10
Mar 26, 2017 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
Vanschia said:
I enjoyed it tbh
6/10

Members have their own preference, but I do recommend reading manga after this. If you feel like it, you can start reading at chapter 23: a new darkness. Next arc is good.
Mar 26, 2017 10:51 AM

May 2015
enjoyable serie
Ending card: another KHR reference, is this a sign??
Mar 26, 2017 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
I am actually really sad that this is over, when i started this show i wasnt expecting much, and the first couple of episodes were average, but through time i fell in love with the characters.
Great final episode, probably one of the most underrated anime of the season!
8/10
Mar 26, 2017 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
Underrated show. I enjoyed it quite a lot since I'm a KHR fan. I would love to see a bit of the next arc instead of the filler arc animated but it's still ongoing. Let's hope we will see the next arc animated in the futute where shit goes down but I don't expect much from Pierrot.

7/10
Mar 26, 2017 11:03 AM

Jan 2015
Aaaaand its over, decent anime overall. I really liked alliens design especially that YELLOW BANANA GUY, damn he is good. and the concept is really interesting, the space police, working with alliens. I think execution and storytelling lacked in anime.It's studio Pierott what do i even expect... pretty sure manga is tons better and doesn't have problems i described.
But all in all the anime was funny, i laughed a fair amount (more than i should've probably) but some scenes like with Chips are super funny and his name is just hilarious too. I'm hoping for a second season,i'll give this season a 6 though, a high 6, was planning a 7 originally.

As for the episode itself, i'm really glad Sonokota is growing closer to Chuuta, their relationship is definitely a plus for the anime. Glad Chuta is getting more confident and grows as a character, the final attack with 3 of them using sympathy was pretty nice!
Mar 26, 2017 11:23 AM

Nov 2014
That was fun. Vega turned out to be a spy. I appreciate his actions having reason; he wasn't superficially evil. I enjoyed the intensity of the final fight. The Veronica spin-kick panty shot was ridiculous, but I like ridiculousness, so I don't object. My favorite thing about this show might be the colors and character designs. It was just great to look at. The start was a bit frustrating. Chuuta's evolution culminated to a satisfying ending. Not bad at all.

5/5 for the episode.

The show started at a 4/10. I'd give it a 6/10 now.
aikaflipNov 1, 2017 7:26 AM
Mar 26, 2017 11:36 AM
Feb 2017
It Was Epic !!!
Good Job Chuta!
Working on the future things.

Mar 26, 2017 12:16 PM

Jun 2011
How's the likelihood of this getting an S2?
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 26, 2017 12:19 PM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
The first 3 episodes were a pain to get through but I must say that once Chuuta's childhood friend was revealed to be alive, this series became a lot more enjoyable and the finale replicated that well imo

Personally I don't think we need another season of this but I wouldn't mind getting one either

6/10 overall for me

Seconded, while the series did become better, it still hasn't become anything special and I can't say it was all that memorable and I wasn't really all that invested in the plot or even the characters for that matter but the show as a whole definitely wasn't bad, just a little on the bland side I suppose. Perhaps the slow improvement in quality is a good sign? S2 might be better if we ever get one. Also, I really hope that Dolugh stops spoon feeding whatever is happening on the screen, I mean everyone can understand what's going on without him saying so. XD

6/10
Mar 26, 2017 1:29 PM
Dec 2008
that actually good anime that episode so decent battle ever see agains traitor vega. Ending is a ok.
that its season eldlive i give 8/10 overall.
Mar 26, 2017 1:42 PM
Mar 2016
Yoyosa, I knew it was Vega all along.....too predictable.
Mar 26, 2017 2:08 PM
May 2016
It's weird to me that the best part of the anime is the filler. Hopefully there's a season 2 that gets to the great stuff in the manga
Mar 26, 2017 2:12 PM

Nov 2013

this was kinda "strange" but looked pretty cool

while i enjoyed some stuff, like the interactions between chuuta and misuzu, or veronica, i can't give this show more than 6
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 26, 2017 2:42 PM

Jan 2012
And so Chuta captured/saved Vega the traitor while combining powers with Misuzu in preparation for them combining in another way in a few years. :D What? Literally the entire cast agrees with me! :D Anyway for a buildup of a whopping 2 episodes that finale wasn't bad. "Tonally jarring" was how I constantly described this show, and I stand by that. Alotta the humor and goofy alien designs made it feel like the most young kid-centric audience series I'd watched in a long time. The astoundingly high amount of blood, violence, and dark moments? Not so much. It wasn't a particularly good series. It probably doesn't even deserve the 7/10 I'm giving it. But...I dunno, something clicked right with me and I had fun. I definitely don't ever see this getting a season 2 though.
Mar 26, 2017 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
Glad that's over with.

This was pretty gay

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 26, 2017 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
Vega being a spy is such an awful twist, was a pretty cool character.

I like how Sonokata's fights are always great but Chuuta's ones are terrible. Chuuta's is a terrible protagonist in general. To think some people have the nerve to compare him to Shinji. *smh*

Can't say this was very good, but this anime had tons of ideas and fun things. Hopefully we'll get another season.

blixie said:
This was pretty gay
no argument here
Mar 26, 2017 5:11 PM

Oct 2011
Will miss this. Hope for a season 2
Mar 26, 2017 5:19 PM

Jul 2011
I'm definitely in the minority here, but I really had a good time watching this anime. I waited every week for a new episode to come out and I almost dropped it in the first episode thinking it was another series for kids, but it is not. This series surely has been cliche, but I think that everything has had a fair balance. The action, the ecchi, the comedy, the plot, etc.

I think it is almost impossible that we will have a second season but if for some miracle it will happen I'll be glad to watch it!

8/10
Mar 26, 2017 6:48 PM
Mar 2013
I started reading the manga at chapter 23 as that was basically where the anime stopped and holy shit. JUST HOLY SHIT.

The anime ending is original and Vega himself seems to be too. Just so people know if they think the writing is weird/bad etc. Now that I can compare the anime, while I liked it because of the cast and setting, was WAY more like a generic shounen anime than it actually is.

The manga is amazeballs. I was right in comparing it to KHR. The early episodes and basically the entirety of the anime were just introduction material and had basically 0 of any plot. The plot starts after the anime ends. It's pretty brutal, characters are more interesting (Laine my dude!), the civilization behind the space police is very interesting as well and things I honestly didn't expect were happening. Chuuta also is VERY cool from time to time.
Not material for children at all. If someone wants more infos without reading himself, feel free to answer.
Mar 26, 2017 9:43 PM

Dec 2016
No surprise who the spy was, they couldn't have made it anymore obvious in the previous episode.

I do hope Vega's family will be alright though.

This series did start off slow but got pretty good at the end so I enjoyed it.
Mar 26, 2017 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
valvravetruth said:
Vanschia said:
I enjoyed it tbh
6/10

Members have their own preference, but I do recommend reading manga after this. If you feel like it, you can start reading at chapter 23: a new darkness. Next arc is good.
Thankyou! Highly appreciated
Mar 27, 2017 4:15 AM

Jan 2016
Yes the 3 first episodes were a pain to watch but it got alot better. Underrated show.

7/10
Mar 27, 2017 5:17 AM

Oct 2013
so sad it ended :< i urge people who are interested in eldlive to read the manga. it gets much darker!
don't think it'll get a season 2 anytime soon because there's not much manga content to adapt...
that KHR reference in the ending card tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 27, 2017 9:27 PM

Oct 2011
omfg the KHR Cosplay 😍😍😍
Mar 28, 2017 2:17 AM

Dec 2013
I can't belieb KHR was cancelled and the autor came up with this shit.

Syrup-
Trust me when I give you this profound answer:
It's shit.

Mar 28, 2017 9:08 AM
Jan 2015
Show didn't start well but it ended up being pretty good. As someone who didn't manage to get through the first bunch of episodes of KHR this wants me to try get through them if it ends up being like this show.

7/10
Mar 28, 2017 3:12 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After last weeks episode and the invasion
this weeks should be good as we get to see Chuuta and co beat the enemy back
It was nice to see Misuzu finally accept him after seeing how much he has grown.

Hmm so they decide to hide in the alien cafe for the time being eh
Even among the alien population its nice to see that they have different opinions of the situation as well. Wow Demille sure are fast in arriving at the cafe. Too fast if you ask me. Man that alien sure has guts standing up to Demille like that. Nice to see that Chuuta has now accepted his role as a elDLIVE officer but man his plan is way too obvious. But then again he was never one that could look the other way when innocent people are being hurt. Nice to see Misuzu the first to back him up though. Wow for Vega to be the traitor. Then again last weeks preview did hint at this but man this was unexpected. Its good that Chuuta's aunt and the other civilians were evacuated in time though. Stalemate at the moment for the moment until the situation at the cafe is resolved. Guess Vega betraying him really didn't sink in until he Misuzu's words hit home eh. Man the tables sure have turned now. Demille really wants to get their hands on Drew don't they. The revelation that Vega was a traitor would hit a close knit community like elDLIVE's earth branch hard. Well if i was to send in a a spy i would make sure that his record is absolutely clean. Hmm so according to Dr Love Demille was playing the long game. A really long game actually. Its hard to believe that Vega of all people will be the spy but the facts are there. So even if they get Chuuta Demille still plans to destroy Earth in the end as well then.

Hmm a smart move on elDLIVE's part in using the vast number of aliens on Earth who have a grudge against Demille. Still the problem of transporting them and getting them in position will be a problem in itself. Chuuta really is determined to deal with Vega and this is another result of the changes that Chuuta has gone through as his character was developed. Its really nice to see. Its nice to see Misizu and Chips also willing to Chuuta as well. This final battle should be good and interesting. Hmm using a decoy and then attacking from another direction smart thinking Laine. Wow a close range strafe followed by a ramming attack that was cool to see. With Mimi manning the weapons point defense is no problem. Ramming followed by ramming eh wow. Damm their boarding scenes were really well done. Three divisions just boarding the enemy ship like that lol. I like how they also played the opening song as the background music as they launched the assault. That just made the attack even more dramatic and have more effect. Lol the boarding was just one part of elDLIVE's plan the other was taking over your ships as well. It's nice how they indisposed the action with scenes from Laine and his men as well as Nina and the others that have boarded the ship. Lol the starfish is also fighting as is the moon guy. Wow Chip's ultimate weapon form sure packs a lot of firepower.

The fight with vega was always going to be between Misuzu and Vega though
In her ultimate form Misuzu should be more than a match for Vega though. But man Vega really is powerful. As expected of someone that was promoted to division head. Hmm so Vega is being blackmailed into becoming a spy then eh. Its nice to see Chuuta is so resolute and determined now as he confronted Vega. To never feel regret is a strong motivation for Chuuta. Drews revival was well timed lol. Chuuta's fight with Vega was pretty well done as well. It was nice seeing Misuzu back Chuuta up though. The power of bonds can be a powerful thing and seeing Misuzu and Drew help chuuta in that battle really puts that into perspective. Its nice that in the end Chuuta decided to save Vega though. In the end he was only a villain by circumstance though.
Lol the bowling place is closed for cosplay contest as a disguise for elDLIVE's celebration party. Its nice that in the end victory was won and that Vega's family was also rescued as well. And lol Misuzu finally getting the chance to say sorry to chuuta about the smell. Its nice to see that Chuuta is also able to tell thank Misuzu for all the support that she has provided him over that enabled him to become who he is today. Lol Misuzu blushing. Finally getting her approval is a great thing. They still have a way to go but they are getting there lol. Lol the casts reaction to seeing Misuzu and Chuuta talk normally.

The final episode i thought was excellent.
Chuuta's friends coming to find him and keep him safe was nice as was the actions of the aliens at the cafe as they tried to protect him. Vega's betrayal was pretty unexpected. The attack and boarding of the enemy ship though as well as the fight between Vega and Chuuta and Misuzu was pretty well done. Despite being blackmailed Vega actually seems to enjoy being evil actually. The combat scenes on the ship were pretty well done and its nice to see that every member of elDLIVE that stayed got to take part in the battle. The battle plan that was used by Laine was pretty well though out actually. What truly stood out was Chuuta's determination to stand against Demille and Vega though. Good character development enabled Chuuta to become such a great character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2017 8:29 PM

Feb 2013
I actually enjoyed this show....but this ending....ruined it.....that was just a dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb ending....rushed, predictable, nothing of anything....

Planed on a 6/10 but now you get a 4.
Mar 28, 2017 9:34 PM

Nov 2007
So did I miss the part where the aunt and friend were introduced to the aliens? Because with everyone there at the party, cosplay isn't going to cut it. Also Chuuta and the gang referring to each other as officers in front of his friend last episode rules out that they found out during the invasion.
Mar 29, 2017 7:16 PM

Oct 2008
It was an okay series overall.
i order to defeat Demille forces, the other aliens helped and hijacked all of the ships inside earth territory.
Chuuta defeated traitor Vega but saved him as well.
And Sonokata Misuzu really softed-up to Chuuta but still tsun as well.
4/5.
7/10.

Mar 31, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it, they should make this anime a 2 cour because I want more.
Well, it can't be helped. I guess I should continue reading the manga.
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this anime an 8 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 1, 2017 6:19 AM

May 2016
I didn't think that Demille is a skinny, powerless , petit Demon. Why just kill him instead of fighting Eldlive?.
Apr 7, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
Too bad it's just 12 episodes because this is probably a material with slow buildup just like reborn!
Not bad though
Apr 15, 2017 2:27 PM

Jun 2013
I honestly thought the show was downright stupid and silly like some children's cartoon. It just felt like poor quality and and lack of creativity for e.g. that thing called Dough that comes out of Chuta and that other thing called Chip. I mean one can easily tell how much effort the writer puts into creating something so...dull and boring. But though the concept was somewhat interesting the lame story made it irrelevant.

It's not like the characters made it any better. The conflicted loser of a a protagonist and other weird ass characters with the poor character designs all contributed in making me loose my remaining sympathy for this show.

4/10
Apr 22, 2017 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
Nice 3 characters sympathy :).

eIDLIVE was fine, I liked it more and more over the episodes especially Chuta and Misuzu relation that was fun to watch.
The story was not so impressive and I think it should have deserved more episode since the build-up is a little slow.
Apr 24, 2017 5:36 PM

Jan 2014
no matter how much i actually enjoyed to see the mangakas work come to life again this anime (even the manga) was just poorly made. i always feel like it has a very great lack of something every episode. so this was just bad

although this belongs in the "enjoyed but still so fucking bad" category
guulaashApr 24, 2017 5:42 PM
Sonic X is basically an isekai
May 9, 2017 5:18 AM

Mar 2015
Deent enough ending! I enjoyed this series more or less and the fanservice was actually quite nice!

Definitely potential for a second season what with so many open ends.

8/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 9, 2017 5:19 AM

Mar 2015
Deent enough ending! I enjoyed this series more or less and the fanservice was actually quite nice!

Definitely potential for a second season what with so many open ends.

8/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 29, 2017 7:38 PM

Dec 2012
Skipped the previou episode and this episode since this is anime original.

Dat KHR cosplay.

The only good thing that I can give elDLIVE is the fanservice, Misuzu, and Nina.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 30, 2017 4:07 PM

Aug 2016
So after all that time all he got was her acceptance? Fuck that, maybe next season he's gonna get something actually worth getting.

Like maybe another peak at Melias's arms ;))
Dec 31, 2017 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
Quite good final episode.

Misuzu combining her power with Chuuta's and winning by power of friendship was a bit cheesy, but I don't mind. And it was a nice idea to secure the help of the aliens living on Earth. Understandable, that they have no love for extremists like Demille.

Vega was a sleeper and actually wanted to cut ties with Demille, but couldn't because they threatened his family. It's good, that this ended well with the defeat of Demille.

Misuzu is still tsun in the end.
TheBigGuyDec 31, 2017 11:54 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 27, 2018 6:35 AM

Feb 2013
I'm glad that Vega and his family are safe now.
Let's see if we get a second season because it's interesting.
Feb 19, 2018 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
Not as bad as I thought but still didn't really like certain aspects of it. (mostly the dull cliches & MC)

OST was mostly unmemorable except for the battle theme.

I might read the manga for this after it ends. If I am really bored, that is. (Not in the mood to read ongoing stuff rn)

removed-userFeb 19, 2018 5:11 AM
Feb 17, 2019 9:11 AM

Jun 2011
well that was pretty cheesy. Overall pretty enjoyable even though there's a lot that really irk me.

First off, not too fond of making Chuuta a full blown pervert, some scenarios are pretty funny but even though it doesn't show, I feel like it only hurts (delay) my Chuuta x Misuzu ship.

Then there's the way the series writes drama. The whole trope of having the protagonist go full blown emo in anime has to die, it's been misused so many times it's more annoying than anything.

It would've also been better if there's more male cast than female like in KHR, it's a little wtf-ish when you have girls transforming into half naked costume when they go into battle mode.

Wouldn't have minded a season two though. The series vibe reminds me of KHR a lot (duh) and it got better in the second half. I want to see my ship come to fruition as well. The ending in this episode is way too rushed too, we never got to see the aftermath of the betrayal and whatnot.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » ēlDLIVE Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

24 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 17, 2019 8:27 AM

Poll: » ēlDLIVE Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2017

53 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 17, 2019 2:52 AM

Poll: » ēlDLIVE Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2017

22 by Ulquiorra »»
Jan 27, 2018 5:01 AM

Poll: » ēlDLIVE Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

23 by Ulquiorra »»
Jan 27, 2018 3:36 AM

Poll: » ēlDLIVE Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

22 by Ulquiorra »»
Jan 27, 2018 2:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.