Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Owarimonogatari' Announced for Summer 2017

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2017 3:07 AM

Nov 2015
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2017 3:18 AM

Dec 2015
Oh yeah! That's some great news!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 25, 2017 4:34 AM

Oct 2012
I was wondering what was holding back Owarimonogatari 2nd cour until Thurs, which I went to AJ to meet with some friends there.

Now I see why Shaft wants to keep this announcement till AJ.

Great job anyways. AOTS 2017 is decided(unless Zoku Owarimonogatari airs this year as well).
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Mar 25, 2017 5:06 AM
Aug 2016
Fuck yeah 2017 will be great.
Mar 25, 2017 5:08 AM

Jun 2016
I literally caught up to the Monogatari Series last night, and an hour later this gets announced.

What.
Mar 25, 2017 5:11 AM
Apr 2013
Thank you to people putting up alternate copies of previews to combat region locking bullshit.

Why anyone would want to stop people watching a trailer is beyond me.
Mar 25, 2017 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
on one hand - FUCK YEAAAAAAAHA. Second best series of the year will actually happen.

On other hand - RIP SHAFT. With so many shows this year and with such budget-demanding works like Fate/Extra how will they actually manage to handle this all? 3Gatsu, Owari and Fate Extra in a single years sounds like a production hell. And neither of the three shows should suffer that.

This is my exact thoughts since I was told they're pretty much bad at managing when it comes to schedules and at the same time with the entire resource, so the best bet its to expect to have one of the 3 shows to get a huge decline somehow. I don't really know.
Mar 25, 2017 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
FUCKING YES! More Monogatari is life, 2017 is going to be fucking great. Wonder if Shaft will end adapting the series for good with this, though.

Anyway, this is going to be good.
Mar 25, 2017 6:56 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This is great and all, but will this season not adapt Zoku-Owari? I mean, they didn't mention Koyomi Reverse being adapted.
Mar 25, 2017 7:27 AM
Apr 2015
I just want more Sodachi, thats not asking too much... right?
Mar 25, 2017 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
This is great and all, but will this season not adapt Zoku-Owari? I mean, they didn't mention Koyomi Reverse being adapted.

It will not adapt the Zoku. Well we should wait for that sadly.
Mar 25, 2017 8:23 AM

Oct 2014
YES! So much sooner than expected, too! Now only waiting on Steins;Gate 0, Vento Auro and Extra to have a date for my calendar of desire.
Toa_of_GallifreyMar 25, 2017 8:26 AM
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Mar 25, 2017 5:09 PM

Jun 2015
OMFG I have not been this excited in a long time... this season is going to be so intense >_>
Mar 26, 2017 5:26 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Finally! News that I can actually get hyped about. Long live the Monogatari franchise and god bless studio Shaft for always delivering gold.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Mar 26, 2017 6:52 AM

Sep 2012
AntwanMantilla said:
sasalx said:

Pretty sure he is still doing the off seasons.

Isn't Musubimonogatari the last Off Season book and then Nisio plans to make Shinobumonogatari which is part of "Monster Season"?
Yes. Off Season has finished and Aniplex' president said Shaft will animate it. The Monster Season novels are coming. Mongatari may never end and that's how it should be.

Owarimonogatari three was my favorite book and favorite three arcs of the franchise ... until Off Season... can't wait for all of it to be animated!
Mar 26, 2017 7:25 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
hpulley said:
Monogatari may never end and that's how it should be.

Owarimonogatari three was my favorite book and favorite three arcs of the franchise ... until Off Season... can't wait for all of it to be animated!

Preach it. While I would eventually want a day to come where Nisio puts the series to rest, I don't mind if he just keeps making more books either. I'm glad SHAFT wants to animate it all.

That said, I hope the new season garners enough attention that Vertical ends up licensing more of the books too.
Mar 26, 2017 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
AntwanMantilla said:
hpulley said:
Monogatari may never end and that's how it should be.

Preach it. While I would eventually want a day to come where Nisio puts the series to rest, I don't mind if he just keeps making more books either. I'm glad SHAFT wants to animate it all.

That said, I hope the new season garners enough attention that Vertical ends up licensing more of the books too.
People need to buy Verticals translations! The anime can help drum up interest but people need to open their wallets! I read them in Japanese but I hope people support the series in English too.

Speaking of English, Koyomimonogatari never did get an official western release. Not sure what's up with Aniplex of America these days. I bought the import box set but I really thought it would get released here eventually.
Mar 26, 2017 7:57 AM

Feb 2014
Fai said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

I think Shaft will be fine. They got resources and have probably been planning this out for a hot minute. Compared to other studios, they're being pretty moderate with the amount of titles they're taking.

And yet stuff like Mekakucity Actors can still happen. A HUGE show requiring all focus three seasons in row is worrisome especially since at least some of them will most likely be worked on at the same time.

Not saying mistakes haven't happen, every studio has fucked up, even Madhouse, that's just life. Also if memory serves me correctly, the only major animation problem with Mekakucity was the horrid CGI sequence, in terms of story and all that... that falls on the production committee, script writer, and director(s) not necessarily the entire studio itself, they're just animating. But considering their track record, I'd say Shaft has it under control. We have no idea if they've hired new staff and expanded, along other things. Shaft can animate Monogatari like the back of their hand, so if there's one show that's a what if, that's probably Fate Extra. But again, they've probably been working on all these shows for a while now. Shaft wouldn't have taken up the projects if they didn't think it was feasible to. Besides the Monogatari movies, Shaft didn't have a lot last year so there's been some preparing for sure and imo, Lion didn't seem too demanding of a project, seemed fairly easy for them. So that just gives more resources two the other two (we also don't know what the episode counts are).

There's a lot of things to consider, so I wouldn't worry THAT much.
Apr 16, 2017 6:49 PM

Aug 2015
I'm wondering, what's the point of this PV (that isn't even one)? I¨mean, thanks for not showing us everything we've seen, right? I mean... everything in this video concerns the story that is going to be adapted right? I mean... come on... this is 100% new material right?

And this is sarcasm. It's waste of time, a waste of ressource and a waste of money. They shouldn't have made this so called "PV".

Well, anyway... I am hyped by what is to come. Mayoi hell, especially.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 26, 2017 7:55 AM
Jan 2014
New monogatari season...what a time to be alive.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

56 by Icebreaker93 »»
34 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 4 hours ago

1 by deg »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.