Forum Settings
Forums

Will MAL forums be usable in the next few weeks?

New
Mar 24, 2017 8:59 AM

Dec 2015
I know it sounds like a dumb question but I wanna ask - will it be usable or not?

The reason for this is that I have seen a screenshot of the forums back when OPM aired and literally the entire page was filled with OPM threads - it was a lovely sight to say the least lmfao (if im gonna find the pic in gonna post it here)
Mar 24, 2017 9:04 AM

May 2014
Second season probably won't carry the hype. So hopefully, it's the next hit first season to be on the lookout for.
Mar 24, 2017 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
It sure will be usable for people who didn't like OPM.
Mar 24, 2017 9:07 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Eh, if there's obnoxious thread spam then I'll probably just do my best to dodge around it. If it becomes too much there's a little hide/ignore thread option in a really convenient place, that I'll use to whittle down the amount of threads down to topics that I'm actually interested in talking about or keeping up with.

God forbid if literally every topic is just AoT spam, though, at which point I'll just go away until shit gets less dumb.

Mar 24, 2017 9:08 AM

Dec 2015
Darek said:

Uhhh u do realize we are not talking about OPM here right? That was just an example lol
Mar 24, 2017 9:09 AM

Feb 2016
I don't think so, MAL forums were never usable in the first place.
Mar 24, 2017 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Robiiii said:
Darek said:

Uhhh u do realize we are not talking about OPM here right? That was just an example lol
No I do not, you didn't even remotely made it look like an example, either way my point stands just switch OPM with another popular sequel/hyped anime airing soon and there ya go.
Mar 24, 2017 9:13 AM

Jul 2014
inb4 Hail Lelouch & JIBUN WOOOO threads raping AD.
Mar 24, 2017 9:15 AM

Mar 2016
the opm spam was fun but the only reason why it was able to occur at all was because none of the forum mods were online for roughly 3-4 hours
i doubt something like that could happen again
Aure0linMar 24, 2017 9:19 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 24, 2017 9:18 AM

May 2016
It's actually when is full of dumb threads that MAL becomes usable...Otherwise this site is pretty dull.
HyperLMar 24, 2017 9:23 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Mar 24, 2017 9:30 AM

May 2016
Well that is not a problem in the first place, I wasn't here on the first season so I don't know what happened but the forums are kinda boring without those threads.
Mar 24, 2017 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
Raizel said:
Well that is not a problem in the first place, I wasn't here on the first season so I don't know what happened but the forums are kinda boring without those threads.
oh it was glorious
Page 1 and Page 2 were both flooded with troll threads after some initial topics were made by haters
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 24, 2017 9:34 AM

Sep 2012
Guys now think about it.

That is why they added lots of people in the mod team.

Even MAL now has a SWAT team.
Mar 24, 2017 9:35 AM

May 2016
poppyface said:
Raizel said:
oh it was glorious
Page 1 and Page 2 were both flooded with troll threads after some initial topics were made by haters
wow that was something,btw how can you access older content.
Mar 24, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
Raizel said:

They are always boring tho. Thats why I hardly use it anymore since October
Mar 24, 2017 9:37 AM

Mar 2016
Raizel said:
poppyface said:
oh it was glorious
wow that was something,btw how can you access older content.
http://web.archive.org has a bunch of old snapshots of past versions of many websites
sometimes they automatically capture a record of a website, but to be safe you could also manually do it yourself
Mar 24, 2017 9:39 AM

Dec 2015
poppyface said:
Raizel said:
oh it was glorious

I really like the "will forums close down becuz of OPM?" thread hahaha xD
Mar 24, 2017 9:45 AM

Mar 2016
Robiiii said:
poppyface said:
oh it was glorious

I really like the "will forums close down becuz of OPM?" thread hahaha xD

30characterscangosodomizeitself
Mar 24, 2017 9:48 AM

Feb 2016
sasalx said:
Guys now think about it.

That is why they added lots of people in the mod team.

Even MAL now has a SWAT team.

Still takes them 12 hours to delete proudtobeasian shitpost XD
Mar 24, 2017 8:02 PM

Oct 2015
Manaban said:
Eh, if there's obnoxious thread spam then I'll probably just do my best to dodge around it. If it becomes too much there's a little hide/ignore thread option in a really convenient place, that I'll use to whittle down the amount of threads down to topics that I'm actually interested in talking about or keeping up with.

God forbid if literally every topic is just AoT spam, though, at which point I'll just go away until shit gets less dumb.

i mean we have keragamming so you never know :^)
they may fill it up with all dam aot threads
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 24, 2017 8:09 PM

Apr 2016
Aquamirror said:

THIS.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
Mar 24, 2017 8:35 PM

Jun 2015
Aquamirror said:

Pretty much this. There are so many judgmental people on the forums that don't properly discuss stuff.
:)
Mar 24, 2017 8:45 PM

Oct 2014
but that was the time when the forums were better to use
i remember those magic times where some guys on this forum started complaining of people just talking about opm and them a genius decided to make fun of that and start making opm threads every minute
the hate filled pieces about the series being overrated along with the long walls of text defending the series quality where probably the most active and fun times we had on this forum
Mar 24, 2017 9:19 PM

Mar 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
but that was the time when the forums were better to use
i remember those magic times where some guys on this forum started complaining of people just talking about opm and them a genius decided to make fun of that and start making opm threads every minute
the hate filled pieces about the series being overrated along with the long walls of text defending the series quality where probably the most active and fun times we had on this forum
too bad the mods will probably be extra attentive while aot is airing
Mar 24, 2017 10:07 PM

Dec 2009
How bad was it during Yuri on Ice fever season, or when Erased was overly-hyped, etc? I'm actually curious about these "hype seasons" since I've been off MAL for so long.
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Mar 24, 2017 10:08 PM

Mar 2016
Crusader_8 said:
How bad was it during Yuri on Ice fever season, or when Erased was overly-hyped, etc? I'm actually curious about these "hype seasons" since I've been off MAL for so long.
it wasn't too exciting during those times; opm season was the only interesting one in recent times
Mar 24, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2009
poppyface said:
Crusader_8 said:
it wasn't too exciting during those times; opm season was the only interesting one in recent times
ah okay. Because anime is only a tertiary interest of mine, EVERYTHING seems blown out of proportion. (my first and second interests are studying philosophy and watching stark trek)
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Mar 25, 2017 2:42 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Aquamirror said:

yeah

I took a screencap just to reinforce this point

Mar 25, 2017 3:18 AM

Dec 2015
Manaban said:
Aquamirror said:

yeah

I took a screencap just to reinforce this point

What a great find, bravo dude.... XD
Mar 25, 2017 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
Even if it's flooded with AoT threads it won't be any shittier then usual.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 25, 2017 9:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
There's some super popular show almost every season nowadays so whatever, business as usual
Mar 25, 2017 9:57 AM

Jul 2013
Don't worry about that. It's doubtful something of the caliber of the OPM spam will happen in a while. Just look how many mods have joined MAL's files (along with the 30character rule and the likes).
Mar 25, 2017 11:00 AM

Jun 2008
I thought for a second that OPM season 2 would air this spring and was confused for a moment.
Just have faith in the awesome moderators on this site :)
Mar 26, 2017 12:12 PM

Jun 2016
These forums are so shit, they're never usable!
Mar 26, 2017 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
Let's be real here... these forums went to shit a long time ago.
Mar 27, 2017 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
Illyricus said:
Don't worry about that. It's doubtful something of the caliber of the OPM spam will happen in a while. Just look how many mods have joined MAL's files (along with the 30character rule and the likes).

While granted, I wasn't here for that era, even I can look around MAL and see that the forum Mods aren't extremely active here. (Or they are active, but the process at curtailing and removing threads and posts take WAY longer then I anticipate).
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Mar 27, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
InsaneLeader13 said:
Illyricus said:

While granted, I wasn't here for that era, even I can look around MAL and see that the forum Mods aren't extremely active here. (Or they are active, but the process at curtailing and removing threads and posts take WAY longer then I anticipate).
For what I have seen, there are times when they are really active, but they are overall pasive.
I can see the activity of the mods increasing a lot by the time OPM 2 will air.
Mar 30, 2017 12:22 PM

Dec 2015
AoT hasnt even aired yet and theres already 3 threads about it.

Perfect. Just as I expected it hahah
Mar 31, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
The 12 episodes have been confirmed for good and people were already salting even before the confirmation. I hope now for a very entertaining Spring season.
Mar 31, 2017 10:32 PM

Nov 2011
I'm sure the mods are prepping the tactical nukes as we post.

More topics from this board

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 22 minutes ago

2 by JKKH »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Yesterday

59 by AzafuseKingTora »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 1 hour ago

9 by Ricchan__ »»
27 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

36 by Vendicator »»
42 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Yesterday

36 by inim »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.