Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Overall a decent episode.

We got the bike club with everyone riding with fun on their minds. Nothing too extraordinary but I had fun watching this show overall. A good reflection of all the happy moments that went by throughout the show. 7/10.
Mar 24, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2010
Another anime coming to an end.
it was nice to see the girls forming the club with al despite some small set backs they did receive a lot of help from the people around them.
And it was also nice to see that the discovered a lot of new things while driving around.
I enjoyed watching this.
Mar 24, 2017 9:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The last two episodes should have been the whole anime. Road trip feel completely achieved again, even though the last episode was better still. There were many still shots here and not enough of the landscape.

And yes, grandma got annoying lol

7/10
Mar 24, 2017 9:33 AM

Jan 2012
Riding near Mt. Fuji. And of course Sandy wasn't leaving for good! XD Anyway a pretty cute if unremarkable little series. I enjoyed Long Riders! much more. Still, this wasn't bad. 7/10
Mar 24, 2017 9:49 AM

Sep 2015
Even if the plot was terribly bad void/10 this anime is sure enjoyable, I learnt useful stuff about cycling thanks to it
very good 8/10
Mar 24, 2017 9:53 AM

Oct 2010
A pretty strong ending, I only wish Sandy had been there from the start. Then I might have rated it one less than Long Riders rather than two. Granted the infomercial parts are in both shows and are worse the second time through, but that's a minor factor overall.

Such a troll "lesson" from Grandma, they were obviously already enjoying cycling before :P

I want to see more shows add live action bits at the end with seiyuu trying to sell the sponsors' expensive gear that most viewers don't need.

Makar the Lucky: Last episode of [Long Riders] and they finally cover how road bikes are miserable in the rain or on wet surfaces. They didn't cover how you get a racing stripe up your back from the spray your rear wheel kicks up, though.
Why are all cycling anime such road bike propaganda when most people that ride for commuting or short runs would be better off with a hybrid?

nDroae: Last week on MinaKama, "What's the best general-purpose bike?" "No such thing exists! So get a road bike."

And now I'll start Bakuon (yeah I know it's completely different, I just didn't want to be switching off between madcap fierce genre parody and a regular moe bike show)
Mar 24, 2017 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
Sad to see that this is another anime finish for the winter season.

It was an enjoyable bike trip journey around Mt. Fuji. I knew there was a misdunerstanding about Sandy leaving for America for good. The club would be less fun without her.

I still prefer Long Riders.
Mar 24, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty classic roundup I guess, Bicycle club finally formed. :D

Overall, it was a decent show I suppose. Enjoyable at times but sometimes fell flat as well, more times then I expected though. We definitely needed more touring episodes like the last one, the last one was definitely the best episode if you ask me. I don't know, I just feel Long Riders was superior in almost every way when compared to this one.

6/10
Mar 24, 2017 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty much no plot, but that's not what I look for in slice of life. Each episode was cute in its own way and I enjoyed each of them. I liked the characters and their interactions together. I'm a cyclist, so I enjoyed watching them bike.

Going to give this one a 7.5/10 and now I have to go back and watch long riders (had a huge selection of anime last season and it just kinda got dropped since if I get 1-2 episodes behind on something, I say "eff it")
Mar 24, 2017 11:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sandy and the Fuji Mountain!!!

Another joke, in the third time they take the bicycle climbing a part of Mountain Fuj, second station to 1.600 metres altitud, improbable and unpalatable, and without traning!! Yes, yes, they have support,and the real important this is anime!!! kekekeke

The ends if with surprise ;)

3/10 for this bad series, that ends with this season!!!!
Mar 24, 2017 11:50 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I really enjoyed this. Sad to see it ending but maybe in the future we will see more. An OVA is already confirmed

Mar 24, 2017 1:14 PM

Aug 2016
It has ended :). Really like the background art of this anime. The story was alright but a bit boring since I watched long riders last season too.

My final score ended on 7.02/10 so a 7/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 24, 2017 4:08 PM

Oct 2013
Sometimes I prefer these simpler shows. 7/10 for me. One of these days I intend to watch this and Long Riders back to back, episode by episode.
Mar 24, 2017 4:47 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I was checking at-x guide and next friday there is an special about this anime.

Mar 24, 2017 5:58 PM
Sep 2011
Gaah another enjoyable cycling anime is ended 8/10 for me i want moar

PS: I don't want to see muscle guy cycling on race need moar cute girl
Mar 24, 2017 7:14 PM

Dec 2016
I felt like this series didn't start to get interesting until approx episode 8, and even more so when they finally introduced Sandy.

Though there are better cycling shows like long riders I'm a little bit sad to see this end, and I hope that someday there might be a slight chance for a second season.
Mar 24, 2017 7:44 PM

Nov 2009
this show was a Sandy away from me forgetting I had even watched it by October but now I'll fondly remember parts of it for... reasons
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Mar 24, 2017 8:01 PM

Feb 2013
Overall a good show. Nothing amazing, but it wasn't bad....just enjoyed it.

7/10
Mar 24, 2017 8:57 PM

Dec 2016
Long Riders is better but I still enjoyed this.

I liked how they had the videos after each episode in the cycle shop and the worker was giving tips about riding and the equipment.
Mar 24, 2017 11:12 PM

Mar 2009
Ehh. This was a very dull and mediocre show.
Mar 25, 2017 1:47 AM

May 2009
That was even more boring than Long Riders
Mar 25, 2017 8:06 AM

Nov 2011
No regretted as this anime series is over, but I'm sad because I could not do better than I did the series of Long Riders. In a sense, the two sets are the same, each one has its flaws and its merits, so for me is a tie. I wonder if there will be this anime, a sequel, but I see it hard.
For now I give the same rating I gave to the anime series Long riders, then I see the home version, maybe I'll give you a different vote, maybe!

animefan8800 said:
Riding near Mt. Fuji. And of course Sandy wasn't leaving for good! XD Anyway a pretty cute if unremarkable little series. I enjoyed Long Riders! much more. Still, this wasn't bad. 7/10

Eheh!!! Thanks for end-card. ;)
Mar 25, 2017 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
Sensei makes some false sandy going away drama but we get a mt fuji trip out of it :)
Club officially accepted cause you need to have fun :)
Got better as it went along, 7/10
Mar 25, 2017 4:16 PM

Apr 2014
was a great series loved it all the way through and can only hope for season 2 someday

really gonna miss this series and Sandy if only she could have been in more of the eps not dressed as the bear

but yeah loved this series will be missed season 2 someday i hope
"one step at a time"
Mar 25, 2017 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, and the series is over, wasn't half bad episode for an ending but it could have been better (drama about Sandy's leaving was unnecessary).

But how to rate the series now? The start was good but episodes 3 and further were kinda slow and most of it was just obligatory product placement for overpriced bikes. And then night criterium came - that arc was literally abysmal. I was on the verge of dropping this series by then and they even dragged it for three eps.

I had to wait eight episodes till it get to the point where they actually started riding around the city, the thing that I expected this series would be around from the start. And it got a bit better, episodes 9-11 were simply great. Should the series consisted only of this I would be very pleased. But I simply can't erase those previous memories of trash marketing and boring plot. It wasn't bad in the end and I'm glad I didn't drop the series half-way because I would miss those good parts but as a whole it wasn't good either. So I think this is actually nice rating in the end.

5/10 Average, niether utterly bad nor really great either.
Mar 26, 2017 4:07 AM

Jul 2015
And thus, the third and by very little the best bike related anime in my opinion comes to an end, AND THEY JUST NOW BECOMING AN OFFICIAL CLUB. It's been 12 EPISODES. This was a pretty good finale for this series. This anime was pretty boring some of the times but the girls were all nice and I felt they had more depth then the ones from the other bike animes Bokuon and Long Riders and I just liked them more. There wasn't as much fun to be had here like in other two bike animes but those other two were pretty cringey at times. I only really enjoyed the first half of Bokuon, second half just started getting hard to watch. Long Riders was probably the most fun of all three, but the quality and massive delay for the last episodes kind of ruined it. Anyway, I give this a 7/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 27, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2008
The girls were trolled by Sandy because Sensei processed the wrong information cuz she's bad at english.
This series was a good ride.
4/5.
6/10.

Mar 28, 2017 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
Going to miss them all..Even the AOP segment too
Mar 28, 2017 8:56 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Oh the misunderstandings lol
It was fun nonetheless. The show in general had very pretty scenery which I loved and the characters overall were likable, especially Fuyune with them selfies lol

I liked the idea of the principal wanting the group to find their purpose on their own. They sure managed to venture out on their own and create some very sweet memories. Liked Sandy's go getter attitude during the climb, so full of energy in that scene.

Overall the show was good, I think what really hurt this show is maybe introducing Sandy late and spending a bit too much on sort of finding the members.
7/10

Mar 30, 2017 8:30 AM

Sep 2008
The best thing about this show was that it was a good commercial for the sights in the Kamakura and Enoshima area. In fact the next time I go to Japan I would actually like to take a bike ride to some of the temples and shrines in Kamakura, and then ride to Enoshima like the seiyuu did.

Other than that this was a simple show with forgettable characters. I doubt I will remember much about it in a couple years.

Still, I enjoyed watching it. 6/10
Apr 15, 2017 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
It's nice that Sandy stay with them, they make a good club. Once again, the end card is beautiful.

Two cute bike anime in two season. Even if the animation was more smoothly in this one, I preferred Long Riders because it was more epic and funny.
May 1, 2017 11:39 AM
Jul 2008
This is actually pretty good. Educational informations at the end part of the episodes are also nice. It's like hybrid between Yowamushi(competition) and Long Riders(cycling).

I used to bike a lot so I know about the wind resistance problem. I don't know that school with many trees between them and flat course has wind problem, it should not have wind problem.. Even if it has wind, it's only small wind that should not affect the speed much.
It's really amazing that the bear can maintain lead for 10 laps with just mom bike, she's Onoda of this anime :)

I wonder why the translation changed Cross Bike to Hybrid Bike after 1-2 episodes? They clearly said 'Cross Bike' not Hybrid Bike, Cross Bike is supposed to be a variant of Hybrid Bike.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_bicycle#Cross_bike

Last thing, I don't agree with the manager saying there's no 'all purpose bike'. Hybrid Bikes are made for all purpose. The manager just wanted to extort money from those girls for the more expensive Road Bike, what a cunning manager!
Jun 6, 2017 10:02 PM

Mar 2015
This show was alright. I am a cyclist so I knew most of the things they were indirectly trying to teach in the episodes.

In a way, this was time wasted for me. Like, no character development or plot, just taking up showtime explaining how bikes work and tourist facts about where they ride.

5/10, and I enjoy cycling
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 30, 2017 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
typical school sports club show but for girls, so its not all about competition. it aimed to bring girls the road cycling topic closer and with that in mind it was a good show! sometimes the animation was not so detailed and static, but on the other hand some sceneries were really good. the 3D models sometimes were out of place, sometimes they were good. in conclusion nothing extraordinary, but okay. even for a guy like me. ^^ i didnt like the racing part in the middle like the other topics. and also the american girls way of speaking was annoying. pls, you animation studios, cast foreign people for foreign characters. thats way more authentic. ;)

what this show makes special to me: I was doing road cycling in and around Kamakura as well quiet often. thats the main reason (besides the good art style) i was interested in this show after seeing some advertisement at the comiket 91 (there were some of those bicycles for real!) i recognised quiet alot of places shown in the show, so i had a lot of fun while watching this! =D and watching this show during the summer let me enjoy cycling in my area a little bit more! the fantastic OP song helped, too. ^^ with those extra points i will give this show a 0,77. good show, nothing realy special, but enjoyable for myself with my background. i think „long riders“ is the better made girl cycling show, but i just started that one. i wanted to finish Kamakura first. ^^ so lets continue wis the nostalogic cycling enjoymend here. ^^ thank you Kamakura girly cycling club! x)
Dec 26, 2020 4:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well noting too special in this show, it was relaxing I think but the characters are quite forgettable and it would be better if it was more focused on the bikes, too many random SoL moments, 5/10
Apr 23, 2021 4:27 AM

Feb 2020
A bike trip to Mt. Fuji made a nice finale.

"The most important thing is to enjoy your bicycles."

Grandma was absolutely right. And she finally recognized them as an official club. Nice!

So, Shiki-sensei misunderstood the phone call. Sandy is going back to America only for a week. She'll have plenty of time to bike together with her new friends.

Overall, I think Long Riders! is a little better, but I don't have much to complain about this one either. I liked the characters and artwork a lot. The overall atmosphere was fun and relaxing. And just like Long Riders, this show is also quite educational. We got plenty of info dumps about bicycling during the episodes.

Hiromi, Korone, and Sandy were my favorite characters.

I really would like to see some crossover episodes between this and Long Riders. I think that would be very entertaining to see the girls having a race together and go sightseeing all kinds of places.

SerafosJan 2, 2:44 AM
Aug 24, 2023 6:02 PM

Dec 2012
These last few episodes really reminded me of the R&R factor from Long Riders. Scenic cycling is such a great pastime and this series helped bring that to life. And with the live action segments, quite literally to boot. Normally I'm not that interested in 3D crossovers, but it was quite creative and went the extra mile (& more) to translate this anime's passion for cycling into reality.

MinaKura (yes, I'm giving it a nickname) gave me a chance to revisit the niche that I'd grown so fond of with Long Riders. Cycling themed anime have helped me keep interest in this hobby and this will be another fine addition to reminding me of the joy that comes with it.

7/10

On another note, I can't pass up this chance to compare Long Riders & MinaKura. While I prefer LR overall, I'd say MK still provides its own refreshing taste of recreational cycling. Particularly the art style, which felt closer to something like Taisho Baseball Girls. Initially I was worried that older look would mean an underwhelming production, but the backgrounds & music were constantly immersive & stunning. And the end-cards were especially fantastic - every single one of them. I also like that this had considerably diminished fanservice in comparison to its counterpart. But in the end, both are underrated gems that I'm glad I found after I picked up cycling & could personally connect to the experiences.
ZekkenshinAug 24, 2023 6:05 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

33 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

38 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:19 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 21, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

88 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 21, 2023 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.