Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
This was disappointing and annoying, the last two episodes just threw the plot in the trash, the best girl for me is Koyuki, but I also liked Fuuka in the manga, but in the anime she was so annoying she could not stand seeing her, honestly not I hope a second season nor an OVA, since it was really disappointing this adaptation ..
Mar 24, 2017 1:30 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jack_Corvus96 said:
Tokoya said:
How does a professional idol (A pretty big and busy one at that) who willingly spent countless days away from the man that she loves because of her job = An attention whore lol

Attention whoring isn't far from being obsessed with someone and if that were the case for Tama, she would have quit her job ages ago....Plus I didn't realize that wanting to spend time/catch up with your childhood friend/the person of your dreams (And especially given their circumstances whereas they haven't seen each other for YEARS) means that you're an AW

Sounds to me like you're just a hater lol xD

well then, tell me why do you like her so much? i'll quit calling her an AW, but that doesn't quit that she have been making dumb decisions acting as a plot device to extend the plot with unnecessary drama
I like her more than Fuuka because of her personality.....She's the kindest ever, and throughout everything she was very considerate towards Yuu (Albeit, what happened in the last episode was just frustrating and horrible writing) and her fans....She wasn't arrogant or a bitch (Like Fuuka) and was in fact quite humble too
Mar 24, 2017 1:36 PM

Feb 2016
Tokoya said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

well then, tell me why do you like her so much? i'll quit calling her an AW, but that doesn't quit that she have been making dumb decisions acting as a plot device to extend the plot with unnecessary drama
I like her more than Fuuka because of her personality.....She's the kindest ever, and throughout everything she was very considerate towards Yuu (Albeit, what happened in the last episode was just frustrating and horrible writing) and her fans....She wasn't arrogant or a bitch (Like Fuuka) and was in fact quite humble too

we clash with different opinions, most of childhood friends are like that (like almost always) maybe the anime fails on her (well, actually it failed on the entire series) I think i dislike the fact of the writing that made me hate her, so I guess is the plot's fault
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 24, 2017 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
Ah, Fuuka turned out to be sooo cliché and corny, but Idk. I love this stuff.

9/10
Mar 24, 2017 1:48 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jack_Corvus96 said:
Tokoya said:

we clash with different opinions, most of childhood friends are like that (like almost always) maybe the anime fails on her (well, actually it failed on the entire series) I think i dislike the fact of the writing that made me hate her, so I guess is the plot's fault
Meh, I disagree.....I don't see how it failed at all except for maybe in last week's episode
Mar 24, 2017 1:51 PM
Mar 2016
Such a motherfuuka anime
Mar 24, 2017 2:00 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
nx6 said:
HaXXspetten said:
From the moment they started going anime original, literally everything played out exactly as predictably as humanly possible. What a letdown >.>

From then? I felt this show's plot was incredibly predictable from the first episode. At least it actually ended with a resolution to the story -- unlike Masamune-kun's Revenge.
Well I guess in this context that's true too, but given what "should" have happened you can't exactly call the early parts of the manga predictable. But since they changed shit here, yeah
Mar 24, 2017 2:06 PM
Nov 2015
Ok, the last epsiode showed a little more quality that the previous one...
It's fine I guess...
7/10 because of Koyuki - subjective score
6/10 because of the other thoughts I will put in my review - obejctive score (lucky bustards gave us some good music and decent art)

Last praise for Koyuki fans!

If you wanna hear my wider opinion, just message me!

Manga isn't way better tbh

Ja ne
~Kuhiro
KuhiroMar 24, 2017 2:56 PM
Mar 24, 2017 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
Awful adaptation. They completely ruined the source. Everything which was important to rest of the plot became destroyed and rewritten. 5/10 and I feel like it is too much.
The worst fact is that people won't be interested in source material because of this shitty adaptation.

Edit.
No, I changed my mind. 4/10
rsc-plMar 24, 2017 2:10 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 24, 2017 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed it I guess, even though it was cliche—the music was pretty good too. I couldn't careless whether the truck hit Fuuka or not.

7/10
Mar 24, 2017 3:03 PM

Apr 2011
I have no idea why all the hate...
I thought they wrapped it up nicely, was a bit rushed in the end after they went the origianl route but I thought it was touching and...well I enjoyed it, that's for sure! :-)
Mar 24, 2017 3:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What the feck is wrong with people who rate stuff here? How does this have a 7.07 which would make it a "good" series? I'm baffled. Other than the fine looking character designs, this series had so little going for it and the adaptation of the manga was spotty at best.

edit: At least I got a Senpai shower scene last episode.
FarabeufMar 24, 2017 3:13 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 2017 3:08 PM

Nov 2015
Oh okey, sweet ending. As expected, Fuuka returns to the band and starts dating Yuu THE END.
Feel bad for Koyuki-chan.
Mar 24, 2017 3:12 PM

Feb 2017
This was just st a waste of animation, I wasn't even going for any ships because I thought the MC was one big cuck. I still don't understand why they decided to scrap the Manga storyline, there would have been more emotional themes. All the other cast were cardboard cutouts of characters; so forgettable. Soundtrack was decent, voice acting was good, and animation was good as well. 5/10 please don't force a S2

Mar 24, 2017 3:40 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
when you get spoiled at the beginning of an anime and the spoiler never happens LOOOOLLL

oh well, good thing it didn't xD

I love Fuuka, but poor Tama though, i loved her too :(
Mar 24, 2017 4:05 PM

Mar 2016
This is one of those animes that just sorta exist... like I liked watching it, but I wasn't crazy in love with it ... I enjoyed watching the series and I definitely think there will be a season 2...

Like if they're doing a different story then the manga and it ends there... it's like dafuq... I was hoping there was going to be drama with the one label company but noooooo everything works out!!!!!

But overall a satisfactory show 7 or 6/10 (I haven't decided yet (´ー`))
UrbanJahtsMar 24, 2017 4:52 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 4:26 PM

Feb 2016
Trebolz said:
All the other cast were cardboard cutouts of characters; so forgettable.

Thank you! I totally agree. The other three band members had no personality or evolvement what so ever. For the next part I first have to check the character list, because I can't even remember their names.

Blonde guy (Makoto Mikasa) was always smiling. Brown hair guy (Kazuya Nachi) was always loud, annoying, angry and got picked on by "Yamato-Admiral" (Sara Iwami) who was just unlikeable and unfriendly almost all the time. I really can't understand why the way Sara treated Kazuya is supposed to be funny at all.

Also, all the fan service scenes through all 12 episodes was just strange and felt forced.
Mar 24, 2017 4:43 PM

Jun 2016
It's wonderful to read all the butthurt Koyuki fags hate comments. XD
The happy ending route is great and can be potentially developed in other ways than the original without all the existentialist depressing drama and Yuu's obsession for his deceased girlfried and her thousand clones... a story more focused on music and other interactions between the characters.
Those complaining about the different plot direction maybe do not realize how boring and ridiculous has become Seo's original plot (see chapter 137 onward for example) in the attempt to make up all the mess caused by this story "original sin": the Fuuka's (Akitsuki) death and her boring oppressive shadow influencing all the rest of the story without her cheerfull way of being, only her gloomy memory.
Obviously Koyuki's fate is no better in the manga, she has been rejected time after time, 100% friedzoned, at the point that she became a marginal character in various parts of the manga.
Mar 24, 2017 5:26 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
So low score because
Mar 24, 2017 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
Tbh, seeing as how the already shot themselves in the foot last episodes, this one seemed to like to the best it could in an attempt to salvage the anime. In the end though, the damage was too severe. By making such a significant change & not preparing for it ahead of time by setting up Fuuka & Yuu's relationship more, their mutual confession left us all rather cold ~ I can barely feel the spark in there, oh wait there's one, the "plot say's you two get together now, so just do it, mkay?" spark.

I wish the staff would've considered to go down the Koyuki route,seeing as they wanted to wrap things up in 12 eps. It would've been the perfect way to close things off in just 1-cour and even provide an alternate version from that in the manga. I mean, they did set things up for a Koyuki & Yuu romance pretty nicely throughout the anime in comparison to Fuuka and I thought the show was pretty good until ep 11 came, so why not just capitalize on what was done right?
Mar 24, 2017 6:02 PM

Nov 2014
Happy endings aren't bad when they're unexpected. Everyone expected this ending, though. Yuu and Fuuka become a couple. The confession was cringey as hell; the hug was cute. There were too many cliches, and not enough surprises. The show wasn't terrible, but not something I'd want to see again.

Episode: 3/5
Overall: 5/10
Mar 24, 2017 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, it was the worst possible ending for the anime.
The episode was as predictable and rushed as possible. Not only it´s illogical, as it is another horrible attempt of making every ending as Happy and unrealistic as possible.
The decision is made entirely by Yuu and FuUka and the other characters have no roll on the decision or opinion at all. They were practically there because a band has to have more members...
Also, Koyuki´s roll on the episode just made me want to puke. Why the hell was that necessary?! Only show´s how out of touch with reality the anime turned out to be. Just another "fairy tai"...

Overall:
The adaption was a horrible. Not only it changes the most impactful moment of the story (manga), it does it to force stupid, unrealistic, dreadful happy ending.
The only option to save the anime would have been for Yuu and Tama-chan to start dating, or at least for Yuu not to forgive Fuuka.
Mar 24, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2013
This ended felt... hollow. It just felt like they just wanted to keep Fuuka alive just to have this POS. Overall, this show was just mediocre to bad. If you ask me they should've been faithful to the manga if I knew they were gonna pull off this nonsense.

Critical Score: 47.50%
Enjoyment Score: 58.25%

Mar 24, 2017 6:17 PM
Jan 2017
went from 6 to 3 that's a good progress for this stupid anime

is the end of this anime i have one advice for the studio .. DO NOT do a second season unless you want this anime to be the worst !!
Mar 24, 2017 6:38 PM

Jul 2014
I really liked the first half but then came the forced drama, the forced romance and pissed me off. The music was great and I liked how Fuuka was in the first episodes so I'm happy she didn't die but not at the expense of Koyuki :(

Rabbits? At this point I don't care.
Mar 24, 2017 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
Meh. After cooling off for a week, the ending isn't as terrible as I thought it would be. It was fine but was such a disappointing direction for me. This episode seemed to try to give closure but I honestly couldn't bring myself to enjoy the episode with how I felt last ep.
I probably wouldn't pick up any continuation or iteration from this series again, unless it focused on the Hedgehogs, they seemed cool and close to each other, wouldn't mind seeing them.
The music was alright, I have grown attached to Climber's High, so I guess that's good

I tried so hard to enjoy the last ep, but I just couldn't. It's disappointing but I've got plenty of other things to do other than being let down

Now back to my SoL CGDCT shows
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 24, 2017 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
- Saving by miracle at the last minute (x) check
- Sudden MC's love outburst dictated by plot (x) check
- Two most dumb characters ending together (x) check
- Cringeworthy pathetic empty phrases (x) check
- Former rival giving MC her blessings (x) check

Heck, they didn't even went for a kiss in the end! No to mention the singing is like 95% of training and 5% of talent, and she didn't rehearse the melody or the text at all and yet she was able to perform flawlessly.... Fokin' MAGIC!

Liiterally whole episode was rubbing me in the wrong way because two most unlikely characters without any real chemistry got together just because of... the script o_O If any relationship was build up well in this series, it was MC and Koyuki. For Fuuka, it really makes no sense he would fallen in love with her so suddenly when they were barely interacting with each other and he even dismissed her for most of the series!

The first part of this series was promising but then everything went downhill more and more with each episode. I guess the music was okay and the parts with Koyuki too but Fuuka (and main protagonist too) was an absolute failure and disaster of this show.

It was cliche (in a bad way), it was contrieved and it didn't work in the end. Even the music was lacking because they had only one song for the most of the time.

3/10 The only redeeming part of this show were episodes 3-5 I guess, Koyuki, and rest of the band members.

Man, this was actually even worse then Girlish Number, and on par with Mayoiga. Diomedea always does good starts but can never finish one of their shows right.
Mich666Mar 24, 2017 6:58 PM
Mar 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Aug 2016
I guess this was to be expected. There was no hope for Koyuki best girl from the start. Of course, the titular character would win...

I still enjoyed watching this. For now I'm giving it a 7/10.
Mar 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Jan 2014
Garbage anime finally comes to an end

Thank god
Mar 24, 2017 8:10 PM

Feb 2013
I mean....who didn't see this coming??

Anyway, I still enjoyed this anime, but having said that, I think I'd rather read the manga now since.....it is apparently much better, although I still think....I don't know.....

6/10 for me, which is a shame, because it started out like it was going to get like a 9.....shame....
unmemorableheroMar 24, 2017 8:16 PM
Mar 24, 2017 8:31 PM
Jul 2015
I need a season 2. Not because the story is overly generic but the music was lit af.
Edit: Climbers high helped me get a new bench pr (275). So ya thank you based fuuka
Mar 24, 2017 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
Great anime even though it didn't went the route I would had chosen. I would choose Koyuki to be the female lead but this is Fuuka's show. Even the name of the anime is "Fuuka" along with the title of episode 1. Although I am not happy that Koyuki was dumped as a result but whatever...

9/10!!

If Koyuki was the female lead, this anime wouldn't be called "Fuuka" and so, me reducing the overall score by 1pt is kinda ridiculous but whatever. If Koyuki was the female lead, I would given this anime 10/10.

I don't understand the significance of the symbol of the rabbits. Must be related to the manga!

Edit: It is has become my second favorite anime of all-time.

Edit #2: I just saw the wikia. It seems that Fuuka Aoi is not in the anime and the truck scene; Fuuka was supposed to have been hit and passed away yet...

Season 2 please... Introduce Fuuka Aoi and the Rabbitz!!
removed-userMar 24, 2017 8:48 PM
Mar 24, 2017 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
I really need to stop watching these "let's form a band!" anime. They always come off as cringey and I never learn my lesson.

This episode looked really nice, so... at least there's that.
Mar 24, 2017 9:01 PM

Jan 2012
what a cheap ending... I liked the start but then they forced the fuuka route into our mouths.

Its your typical dating sim anime. I've seen better, I've seen worst
Iwami best girl
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 24, 2017 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
-Izanagi- said:
Great anime even though it didn't went the route I would had chosen. I would choose Koyuki to be the female lead but this is Fuuka's show. Even the name of the anime is "Fuuka" along with the title of episode 1. Although I am not happy that Koyuki was dumped as a result but whatever...

9/10!!

If Koyuki was the female lead, this anime wouldn't be called "Fuuka" and so, me reducing the overall score by 1pt is kinda ridiculous but whatever. If Koyuki was the female lead, I would given this anime 10/10.

I don't understand the significance of the symbol of the rabbits. Must be related to the manga!

Edit: It is has become my second favorite anime of all-time.

Edit #2: I just saw the wikia. It seems that Fuuka Aoi is not in the anime and the truck scene; Fuuka was supposed to have been hit and passed away yet...

Season 2 please... Introduce Fuuka Aoi and the Rabbitz!!

Whattttttt? 2 Fuuka?
Rabbits? WTF 🐰
Mar 24, 2017 9:35 PM

Aug 2015
Out of all episodes, the last one was just unbearable to watch.
Mar 24, 2017 9:46 PM

Dec 2016
azy1999 said:
Oh okey, sweet ending. As expected, Fuuka returns to the band and starts dating Yuu THE END.
Feel bad for Koyuki-chan.

LOL TRUCK SIMULATOR. Holy crap that is hilarious
Mar 24, 2017 9:54 PM

Dec 2016
Gonna take some more time out to be pissed. I really hate how Koyuki just gets the shaft now and is left all alone. And Yuu dont even care what he did to her. He was dense in the beginning and dense at the end. And of course the selfish little Fuuka who needs everyone to hold her hand gets to be with him. All for the sake of a band...HE COULDVE BEEN KOYUKI'S BASSIST!!!

Lots of cliche crap in this show. I would like to know how Fuuka performs on stage with them at the end when they havent practiced together for months?? Especially the new song that they never practiced together??? Like wut even...

Good points:
1) Koyuki
2) Character design
3) One of the greatest soundtracks ive ever heard
4) Koyuki
5) Yuu getting punched in the face
6) Sara in the shower
7) Koyuki

And thats all folks.
5/10, cuz of the music. Wouldve been a 2 or 3 otherwise
Mar 24, 2017 10:09 PM
Mar 2017
LittleStar said:
Scene after credits...
you're a stupid :v
Mar 24, 2017 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
7/10
At least there was a conclusive ending. Just nothing special.
Mar 24, 2017 10:24 PM

Sep 2015
RIp dont like the ending
Mar 24, 2017 10:34 PM

Jan 2010
As a non manga reader, I really loved Fuuka. I started watching without any expectations and it was really pleasant for me. Yes, Fuuka was totally cliché to the point anyone could see that ending coming miles away but who cares? People bashes Fuuka for being cliché as if they only watched masterpieces.

Plus, the original route was a kick in the balls of all the shit assholes all over the internet who spoiled the truck incident from the begining of the anime. Oh boy that was delicious.
Mar 24, 2017 10:56 PM

Mar 2016
That was hard to watch. Finally I can be done with the show.

If they were planning on Yuu x Fuuka ship from the beginning they should have done a better job on building their chemistry. Yuu had a MUCH better chemistry with Koyuki. I wouldn't have minded either of the ships as long as they had some sort of chemistry going on but Yuu and Fuuka didn't have any of that. They just brought up Fuuka having feeling for Yuu out of nowhere at the very end. No build up to it. Forced drama pisses me off :/

5/10 overall. Average. Would have given it a 4 but I did enjoy the first half and the music stuff to some extent xD
RyunuosukeMar 24, 2017 11:00 PM

Mar 24, 2017 11:54 PM
Jan 2017
A flawed, yet ultimately heartwarming ending to this story. Yuu and his friends deliver an amazing performance and become better people for it. I don't understand why all the fuss about Fuuka's near-death experience. Obviously, the people in charge of the anime saw the backlash from her manga death and tried to avert it, but I guess there is no pleasing some people. I'm glad Fuuka lived and got together with Yuu, but I still feel bad for Koyuki. It's like the show screwed her over if that's what it took for Fuuka to live. Still, the show is over; there is no point in arguing for it. Good show, everyone.
Mar 24, 2017 11:58 PM

May 2016
This anime is nice . I'm hoping for season 2. Best ending, just perfect.
Mar 25, 2017 1:37 AM

Dec 2007
Tokoya said:
-Stray said:

I know what you've been waiting for
This man gets me 100%
Too true. Seriously, if I were to have any role in creating this episode, I would have at least shown

Oh well, it was decent until Fuuka's solo announcement, but everything from then on was boring, forced, rushed, and predicted as soon as anime original route was confirmed. The writing was way too lazy, and drags down the whole series significantly. If they wanted happy end, they should have put some effort into it. They obviously either could not or would not.
Mar 25, 2017 1:45 AM

Jun 2015
Fuck this anime. And honestly, like most people say, the manga is way better than the anime (10/10 for me in enjoyment value). I got really sad after that incident, and when Fuuka Aoi was introduced I didn't like her at all. But now I love her, she's such an awesome character. People say it gets boring after that one chapter, but it really doesn't. Keep reading and you'll love it, such a great manga. I just finished reading chapter 147, fuck... I love Fuuka.
Mar 25, 2017 2:19 AM

Jun 2013
dammit we didn't get to see Truck-kun
Mar 25, 2017 2:42 AM

Aug 2012
Really disapointed with anime of Fuuka. I am a huge fan of Suzuka and anima of Suzuka was also not that good. I think season 2 will not come after this so they wanted to finish it with good ending maybe.

6/10 Because i was able to see Suzuka again.

Mar 25, 2017 2:46 AM

Jul 2014
It could be a great anime if they only followed the manga.

The only good thing about this adaptation is the soundtrack - one of the best I've ever heard and definitely the best one of Winter 2017.

It's hard to decide between 6/10 (as it was awful adaptation) and 7/10 (as the soundtrack was amazing), but for now I will go with 7/10.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2017

86 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.