Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 6, 2018 7:39 AM

Jan 2013
-.- if it turns this way they should let the "Fair wind" song Fuuka and Yuu as a duet. After all she's alive. What I really after is when Yuu would sing though.
Mar 16, 2018 3:10 PM
Jan 2018
Koyouki is so much better thank Fuuka
Why did she got rejected T_T T_T
This ain't it chief
Mar 18, 2018 7:13 AM

Jul 2014
Literally
What
The
Fuck

4/10
Apr 15, 2018 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
Wow this is a great vanilla romance series, nothing bad happens to the leads, I should read the manga.
Oct 19, 2018 11:29 PM

Oct 2013
If they just stayed true to the manga and adapted all the chapters before the Truck-kun BS, this would've been watchable.

A good adaptation could have appeased the fans for how mediocre the manga has become but this anime didn't really add anything of value to the series. If that isn't enough, the anime attempted to paint Fuuka (which is extremely likable in the manga) in a bad light by making her drop the band she built herself, making her look like a selfish bitch. Sigh..

Mar 15, 2019 8:53 PM
Jun 2013
yeah that was fuxking retarded. i hate nico-kun (haruna) he is such a faggot for not loving tama-chan (koyuki) more than fuuka. i hate him so much. i kne he was gonna choose fuuka since the anime is called "fuuka" but i didnt realize he was gonna go out with tama-chan and then switch to fuuka. god i really hated the romance in this anime. if he would of just been single and then got together with fuuka that would of been a different story. but wen he started to date tama-chan i kne it was inevitable that he was going to go with fuuka. i hate him so much, she was ready to give herself to him too but he was a fuxking pussy and decieded not to b/c of fuuka. so stupid, honestly
Mar 23, 2019 8:29 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah... it is bad.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 3, 2019 2:56 PM
Dec 2018
First of all, the manga is ok but it isn't the masterpiece that some people are making out.

The producers obviously decided to make this show for only 12 episodes. Adapting it to follow the manga was impossible in such a short time.

I keep hearing that Fuuka is some kind of Tsundere. I don't understand that. She's a pain in the first couple of episodes and after that you can't stop her talking. She is obviously chasing Yuu and Mikasa mentions this 2 or 3 times. It is no surprise. It is just that Yuu is totally dense.

Koyuki had to leave Yuu as a child, when he had strong feelings for her. He had to get on with his life and met a girl who, after breaking his phone, took him to the cinema, a gig and they spent a summer where she saved his life. How would he not like her? She opened his life to all kinds of fun things and he ended up having the time of his life in a band. It is obvious when they are at the beach resort that she loves him, she just isn't sure how to express it. But Tsundere? No way, she is pretty much the most emotional and expressive character in the whole show!

Now, selfish Fuuka, not really. She clearly had feelings for Yuu and was understanding the feelings of unrequited love in Koyuki's lyrics when she started writing her own. She was the best member of the band and got scouted and she only agreed (she turned them down first time) because she was hurt by Yuu going back to Koyuki, or so she thought. Even the music producer comments on this when she returns. She loses her temper with Yuu the second time he comes to practice after meeting Koyuki, everyone but Yuu can see what that is about. The band understood this and that is why they let Yuu go after her to get her back because he was the only one who could do that. And everyone who is in a band has seen members leave to join a better band. I know i did. But Fuuka is clearly mad about Yuu from around episode 4, they did everything together and they changed and helped each other. Yuu set her on the right path and Fuuka got him to come out of his shell a lot. That makes them a perfect couple and they improved each other's lives in a way that Koyuki had never done with Yuu up to that point. Even when she told them she wanted to quit, she wanted Yuu to intervene and he just sat there like a cabbage and hardly said anything. Yuu is too dense or lacking in confidence, once again. But, ultimately, Fuuka is the one that gave Yuu the courage to persevere and keep chasing his own dream. And, rightly, it pays off for both of them in the end.

As for Koyuki, not sure where all the sympathy comes from. She had to go away, she made a life for herself and then decided to come back to her childhood friend who had nothing and had to survive while she was successful. She then allowed him to get entangled in her mad world and then repeated the mistake by declaring on tv that she loved him. Not really fair on the guy. He ends up getting bottled by some of her fans. And what life would he have with her? She'd be away all the time, with her managers telling her, and him, how they should lead their lives, while he could spend all the fun times he had with Fuuka, helping each other and growing together. A life with Koyuki would have been far too one sided. She even admits that she had been thinking about her own fantasies for so long that she hadn't noticed that he had grown in his own way and, unfortunately for her, that was away from her. Once she hears that Fuuka is about to finish her lyrics, she makes one last attempt to get Yuu before he might understand what Fuuka's lyrics are saying! She deliberately misleads Yuu by telling him that all her lyrics were written for someone she loves and Fuuka said she didn't love anyone. When she herself knows that Fuuka has strong feelings for Yuu. Now, if she had offered to take Fuuka's place in the band, that would have been real love and i would have rooted for her then.

The writer seems to have an issue with killing people off and making them a big issue for the remaining characters. Another habit he has is to get the girl who is rejected to tell the favoured one that they need to be honest with themselves. His two most well known stories have a woman's name in the title but end up being about a guy finding the right way to deal with the person he cares about most.

There wasn't anywhere near enough time to tell the manga story, it just wasn't possible. Nice touch to have the truck driver look like Aoi's father in the manga, though. I think it was meant to be a show that the manga readers understood, hence Rabbitz at the end, Hedgehogs hanging around the whole time. And, of course, the near miss with the truck. Shame that the manga readers took it so badly.

Overall, i think they did a decent job and the best girl won. She was meant to be the combination of Fuuka and Aoi in the manga. Not perfect but it worked for me. Not just being a romance, it showed how a group of different people with different backgrounds and problems could grow so close. I thought they did it well. Not mad about anime music but even the songs they wrote for the two main characters reflected their personalities. The manga cannot express that.

I would have to agree with anyone who says Sara/Admiral Yamato is the best girl though. She has strong feelings for Yuu as well, which don't get expressed as well in this short anime, and she is a really great character. I'd have picked her, no doubt about it.

What you don't get much in the manga is the nice touch of Suzuka learning from her awful behaviour and giving her daughter good advice. Good to see that she had finally grown up!!
Gab5Oct 4, 2019 9:46 AM
Oct 11, 2019 3:31 AM
Aug 2016
FUUKA DID NOTHING WRONG LIKE SAKI EMERGENCE
YOU GUYS ESSHOLE WANT HER DEATH LIKE BLACKWHITE PAPER SERIES/MANGA
JUST WANT ATTENTION IF YOU PRAY TO HER LIKE THAT
I HOPE YOUR LIFE TOO/DEATH BY TRUCK-SAN
Jan 20, 2020 7:18 AM
Dec 2019
Gab5 said:
First of all, the manga is ok but it isn't the masterpiece that some people are making out.

The producers obviously decided to make this show for only 12 episodes. Adapting it to follow the manga was impossible in such a short time.

I keep hearing that Fuuka is some kind of Tsundere. I don't understand that. She's a pain in the first couple of episodes and after that you can't stop her talking. She is obviously chasing Yuu and Mikasa mentions this 2 or 3 times. It is no surprise. It is just that Yuu is totally dense.

Koyuki had to leave Yuu as a child, when he had strong feelings for her. He had to get on with his life and met a girl who, after breaking his phone, took him to the cinema, a gig and they spent a summer where she saved his life. How would he not like her? She opened his life to all kinds of fun things and he ended up having the time of his life in a band. It is obvious when they are at the beach resort that she loves him, she just isn't sure how to express it. But Tsundere? No way, she is pretty much the most emotional and expressive character in the whole show!

Now, selfish Fuuka, not really. She clearly had feelings for Yuu and was understanding the feelings of unrequited love in Koyuki's lyrics when she started writing her own. She was the best member of the band and got scouted and she only agreed (she turned them down first time) because she was hurt by Yuu going back to Koyuki, or so she thought. Even the music producer comments on this when she returns. She loses her temper with Yuu the second time he comes to practice after meeting Koyuki, everyone but Yuu can see what that is about. The band understood this and that is why they let Yuu go after her to get her back because he was the only one who could do that. And everyone who is in a band has seen members leave to join a better band. I know i did. But Fuuka is clearly mad about Yuu from around episode 4, they did everything together and they changed and helped each other. Yuu set her on the right path and Fuuka got him to come out of his shell a lot. That makes them a perfect couple and they improved each other's lives in a way that Koyuki had never done with Yuu up to that point. Even when she told them she wanted to quit, she wanted Yuu to intervene and he just sat there like a cabbage and hardly said anything. Yuu is too dense or lacking in confidence, once again. But, ultimately, Fuuka is the one that gave Yuu the courage to persevere and keep chasing his own dream. And, rightly, it pays off for both of them in the end.

As for Koyuki, not sure where all the sympathy comes from. She had to go away, she made a life for herself and then decided to come back to her childhood friend who had nothing and had to survive while she was successful. She then allowed him to get entangled in her mad world and then repeated the mistake by declaring on tv that she loved him. Not really fair on the guy. He ends up getting bottled by some of her fans. And what life would he have with her? She'd be away all the time, with her managers telling her, and him, how they should lead their lives, while he could spend all the fun times he had with Fuuka, helping each other and growing together. A life with Koyuki would have been far too one sided. She even admits that she had been thinking about her own fantasies for so long that she hadn't noticed that he had grown in his own way and, unfortunately for her, that was away from her. Once she hears that Fuuka is about to finish her lyrics, she makes one last attempt to get Yuu before he might understand what Fuuka's lyrics are saying! She deliberately misleads Yuu by telling him that all her lyrics were written for someone she loves and Fuuka said she didn't love anyone. When she herself knows that Fuuka has strong feelings for Yuu. Now, if she had offered to take Fuuka's place in the band, that would have been real love and i would have rooted for her then.

The writer seems to have an issue with killing people off and making them a big issue for the remaining characters. Another habit he has is to get the girl who is rejected to tell the favoured one that they need to be honest with themselves. His two most well known stories have a woman's name in the title but end up being about a guy finding the right way to deal with the person he cares about most.

There wasn't anywhere near enough time to tell the manga story, it just wasn't possible. Nice touch to have the truck driver look like Aoi's father in the manga, though. I think it was meant to be a show that the manga readers understood, hence Rabbitz at the end, Hedgehogs hanging around the whole time. And, of course, the near miss with the truck. Shame that the manga readers took it so badly.

Overall, i think they did a decent job and the best girl won. She was meant to be the combination of Fuuka and Aoi in the manga. Not perfect but it worked for me. Not just being a romance, it showed how a group of different people with different backgrounds and problems could grow so close. I thought they did it well. Not mad about anime music but even the songs they wrote for the two main characters reflected their personalities. The manga cannot express that.

I would have to agree with anyone who says Sara/Admiral Yamato is the best girl though. She has strong feelings for Yuu as well, which don't get expressed as well in this short anime, and she is a really great character. I'd have picked her, no doubt about it.

What you don't get much in the manga is the nice touch of Suzuka learning from her awful behaviour and giving her daughter good advice. Good to see that she had finally grown up!!

I completely agree with your thoughts on this. I was glad to see another reality where Fuuka did not die and ended up with Yuu. The anime was a tight and perfect set up. From the start I felt Yuu and Fuuka should be together. Fuuka's original decision to not go solo kept up with her character and when she did leave it made sense, she didn't want to be in a band with someone she loved who was in love with another girl. Everyone in the band saw it and finally once Yuu did Fuuka's pride kept her from returning to the band until the very end. (something her mother would have done too). I loved the ending.
Apr 29, 2020 5:43 AM
Apr 2020
Maybe The Ending Different than the manga. And I Shock About that. But I Really Glad and Happy that Akitsuki Doesn't die. And Please I Really Love This Anime. Give The Second Season. I Really Hoped it!!!!
Jul 16, 2020 9:06 PM

Apr 2015
Not as bad as they say. Generic from 1 to 10 but if you look at the plot/ideas themself they aren't that bad.

The whole thing feels really hollow though, like there was no creative direction at all; a show that kind of just exists.

The deviation from the manga thing could be a bother to manga readers but wouldn't be one for anime only watchers. Not much to criticise there.
Dec 13, 2020 1:53 AM

Oct 2012
dang I finally got around to watching this. regrets. gave it a 5. maybe my first 5 ever. fuuka was more likable in the manga as opposed to the anime as opposed to tama chan who was more likable here than the manga. why did they go with an anime only route. lol have haruna and kinachi date. so rushed.

oh well despite the controversial manga route its 100x better than the anime. only thing anime has is actual songs so you can hear. and rip no fuuka aoi
Mar 4, 2021 1:39 AM
Jun 2016
bitch x cunt the animation
Jun 26, 2021 8:32 PM
May 2020
Wtf...this was going well until episode 10.
Then all of a sudden Fuuka becomes this selfish person, the best girl loses and they force the main couple with no chemistry.
I'm disappointed...maaaaybe I'll read the manga since it's different, but idk yet
Aug 2, 2021 7:37 PM
Jul 2021
Why do a lot of Romantic anime, write girls are so abusive towards guys they like or like them. Fuuka was a cute story but I hated that the girls were being so ridiculously harsh at Yuu…. Hitting him calling him names and get upset at him because they had feelings for him and he didn’t figure it out! It was so annoying it’s like why is it so hard for you guys to allow them to of course be shy but eventually tell one and other I like you. I felt so bad for Yuu, even his sisters were horrible to him smdh
Jan 28, 2022 3:27 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Show was a solid 7/10.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Sep 2, 2022 1:46 AM
Aug 2022
To be honest, it amazes me how fuuka won in the end, it was so much more fitting and would of made this show ten times better if he ended up with the childhood friend, this show actually ticks me off when i think about how it ended, (talking about anime, but manga ending isnt all that good either.) bro even the guitarist of the band would of been a better fit then fuuka, for me it really shoots this show down and broke my heart when after all the childhood friend went through after loving him all this time he just seemed to not care, long story short is, i dont think fuuka should have won, and it would of been 10x better if the childhood friend won
Sep 24, 2022 7:53 AM
Nov 2020
Anime starta good it was fun untill the last two episodes,why tama chan got rejected it made anime soo bad. It would been fun if they ended toghether and it would have season 2 for sure.
Nov 7, 2022 4:22 AM
Nov 2022
Pretty ok ending for an ok anime, I guess. I liked the anime at first but I got doubts when the MC and the childhood friend became couples, because I certainly know that they will gonna break up because the anime's named Fuuka for a reason. And speaking of Fuuka, her character just sucked for me. She just made unnecessary dramas and crap. Only redeeming parts of this episode and anime in general are the songs. I know everyone hates the MC completely but I don't, I just disliked his indecisiveness and his character was just confusing for me at these last episodes. I may dislike the childhood friend for causing problems in the anime, but for some reason I literally cried when they broke up:(
This episode and anime as a whole is 5/10 for me. Not the worst but not the best either.
Feb 24, 2023 10:03 PM
Apr 2021
Pretty awesome story line and music is amazing
Apr 16, 2023 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
Fuuka (anime) is not a bad anime, but im not gonna go great anime either. 

And just like Suzuka (the anime), I still cant see why the girls are all over the male MC who are nothing special.

It was a nice touch though seeing some of the characters from the anime Suzuka, like Yamato, Suzuka, Miho, and Miyamoto.  But its a shame that we didnt get to see Ayano or Miki or Hanako or Hattori.   I know Miki and Hattori looked like they appeared on episode 9, but I would have liked a more concrete appearance. 

But the best thing about this anime is when the idol girl Koyuki would take initivative in the romance area with the male MC, whether its the beach scene, or confessing to the whole country that she is in love with the male MC, or the bedroom scene where she wanted to do it with the MC. 

But Overall, Its an ok anime that is easily forgettable.  
oooo3333Apr 22, 2023 9:28 AM
Apr 24, 2023 12:35 AM
Apr 2023
blue hair bitch..
Apr 28, 2023 1:27 PM
Feb 2019
boring and meh anime tho. 4/10
Jun 9, 2023 4:01 AM
Mar 2022
Ok I just Saw and what just like someone totally flop the show. I mean what the . The MC just ruined all thing. Don't know what to say. Just say You love someone because they love you not because you love them. A girl wait for you entire life and you..... OK still go but like you literally like forgot her. And why they change the story from the manga????
Feb 14, 10:14 PM

Oct 2016
Thanks, I fcking hate it.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2017

86 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.